Japanese box art revealed + special edition details.

Lief

10 minutes ago, Maimishou said:

To be honest I like the boxart. Yeah Claude being upside down is a little silly but Fire Emblem itself isn't the type of game to take super seriously so it fits with the tone. Granted Fates, Echoes, and #FE all have better boxart but I still think this is good in its own right.

Claude's bow isn't even aligned properly to where the three weapons meet. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the thing. The art of the box art is great, but the composition is pretty bad. Like why is Claude upside down? Wouldn't it make more sense to put Claude where Byleth is and put Byleth above? Also, the purple is clashing too much with the other colors. It feels kinda slapped together.

The box art of the Fodlan Collection on the other hand is amazing, hopefully this will be the art on the standard game boxes in the west.

Other than that, I really love the 2 music samples. IntSys always delivered when it came to FE music, so no surprise here.

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

Claude's bow isn't even aligned properly to where the three weapons meet. 

Dang, you are actually right.

This needs to go back to the drawing board, IntSys

Edited by Ziegenpeter

Yeah, not really a fan of the colors/composition of the cover. I hope that the NA cover uses the artwork from the special edition instead, which is actually pretty nice. The colors look better when they're more muted, vs. the cover's art which looks kind of garish in comparison. 

Also, I prefer the NA steelbook over the JP one.

3 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

But then Claude is randomly upside down and bright yellow. Just.... why?

Why is he upside down in the main art too? Seriously?

They designed the box art back when Owain was going to be one of the protagonists, then they realized that might invoke backlash, so they replaced him with a new character in the same color scheme, but left the box art largely untouched. Owain was practicing the Hand of No Attraction (aka the antigravity sword style).

The box art looks old school to me. As in something like:

box2 or cover or  box4.png

The days before they actually hired professional artists.

Such an odd assortment of art. Between the box art, the special edition art, and the steelbook art nothing about the artstyle is consistent.

But something neat to point out. The main protagonists all "main" different aspects of the weapon triangle.
Byleth - Swords
Demitri - Lances
Edelgard - Axes
Claude - Bows

Also in those screenshots is the first time seeing this crest in the game:  image_part_016.jpg.0a345c6cf701e725889e899f9626a9cd.jpg

I'm curious to where that castle balcony is located.

Well, the boxart is...interesting~ Claude being upside down is just severely throwing me off, but otherwise, it's fine~

F!Byleth is...something~

Theme song isn't my taste but the other track sounds great~ Pretty good stuff so far~

I don't like it too much, it feels underwhelming and Claude upside down is just weird. I just need the game to be good. That's all I want.

4 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Guess I'm in the minority. The boxart looks awesome to me. I like the colors and style of it.

Music sounds awesome too, which I guess shouldn't be a surprise if they got Fates and Echoes' composer behind this.

Ikr?!?! I'm like this is beautiful then I saw the responses here...but honestly I'm not surprised anymore at this point......

7 minutes ago, Guest Lae said:

Ikr?!?! I'm like this is beautiful then I saw the responses here...but honestly I'm not surprised anymore at this point......

The funny thing its getting praised overall obviously shows the minority here.

Looks like it’ll be the English boxart too.

2 minutes ago, Guest Tobi said:

The funny thing its getting praised overall obviously shows the minority here.

Serenes and FE/Reddit are quite small to the actual fanbases at large yeah. We’d do best to remember that ourselves.

Me myself? I’m ok with the box art. Claude does look kind of silly though I’ll have to agree with that aspect.

32 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Looks like it’ll be the English boxart too.

A bit unfortunate. Not that I'm hating it (I think it's okay, definitely not the worst in the franchise), but I hoped they would go with the art of the japanese Limited Edition.

Oh well...

2 hours ago, Ziegenpeter said:

A bit unfortunate. Not that I'm hating it (I think it's okay, definitely not the worst in the franchise), but I hoped they would go with the art of the japanese Limited Edition.

Oh well...

If they just properly aligned Claude's bow it wouldn't be nearly as bad. That and the awkward perspective on Edelgard are my big issues with it.

Darn, I was really hoping NoA would save the day. Hope there's a reversible cover, otherwise I might actually print out an alternate which I've never done before. It's just so... amateurish.

After looking closer at the pictures, I don't think Claude's bow is misaligned. From my angle, it looks like it just tilts near the top, and the little "shine" that comes from the three weapons meeting kind of covers it up.

What an odd arrangement. The characters look great, but it seems bizarre that Claude is upside down. it really looks like they ran out of room to put him and just stuffed him in the space up top. I think it would have worked better if the two avatar characters were a bit larger like the other three and maybe pointing a sword towards the rest of the weapons.

5 minutes ago, carefreejules said:

This isn't the best edit I've ever done but it was worth a shot to at least try something out LMAO

Hopefully the colours are at least less strain on the eyes :>_<:

Hide contents

tumblr_po2tsxIinh1rzdrddo1_1280.png

And yet this is infinitely better than what they went with. Kudos.

...And Then There Were Three... (Genesis, 1978)

Seriously, though, I think the reason why they turned Claude upside down is so that his cropping would be consistent with Dimitri and Edelgard's.  If he was right-side up, his lower body would need somewhere behind Byleth to cut off or fade away and I think that would look worse.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai