No Demotions on Beast Banner

Rezzy

It seems the Fates Beast Banner had no demotions, even though it was not a special heroes focus and quasi special heroes focus, like Adrift.

This does not bode well for the future, since we went from 2 4* demotions per banner at launch, to just one, with the Sacred Stones banner, to apparently zero now.  This will really hurt the ability of F2P players to get new units, or anybody's chances of getting a +10 project.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sad with this situation. I thought we would have a Kaden demotion or a Velouria demotion... I never thought about a 3rd option, where none would be demotede, since we had the demotion of Reyson in January, a Flier Dancer which can have 3 movement range...  IntSys didn't demoted one of them just because they are Fates units?

Also, there are people believing that since we didn't get any demotion from the beast banner, we will get two demotions from the current banner (Binding Blade).  I dont' believe on this...

What? How good was the "expected" to be demoted? They demoted a flying refresher with sometimes 3 Move on the Laguz one (and who isn't terribly worse than his sister).

And there was absolutely nothing special about that banner at all. The only logic I can conceive of is that because it's made of highly popular Fates characters, IS thinks they have enough rabid fans who will spend for them even if none are demoted. How mean.

C'mon mass demotion! You better be around the corner!

This, coupled with no second round of mass demotions in sight, have me all soured.

I’m really hoping that this is a one time thing and doesn’t become the norm. Neither Kaden nor Velouria are anything special so to not have at least one of them drop is bull.

25 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am sad with this situation. I thought we would have a Kaden demotion or a Velouria demotion... I never thought about a 3rd option, where none would be demotede, since we had the demotion of Reyson in January, a Flier Dancer which can have 3 movement range...  IntSys didn't demoted one of them just because they are Fates units?

Also, there are people believing that since we didn't get any demotion from the beast banner, we will get two demotions from the current banner (Binding Blade).  I dont' believe on this...

I'm more inclined to believe we won't get any demotions on the FE6 banner.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What? How good was the "expected" to be demoted? They demoted a flying refresher with sometimes 3 Move on the Laguz one (and who isn't terribly worse than his sister).

And there was absolutely nothing special about that banner at all. The only logic I can conceive of is that because it's made of highly popular Fates characters, IS thinks they have enough rabid fans who will spend for them even if none are demoted. How mean.

Soleil was a popular (probably the most popular of the three) and she was demoted, but I guess we can't have nice things anymore.

4 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

This, coupled with no second round of mass demotions in sight, have me all soured.

In all fairness, there wasn’t any sight of the first round of mass demotion at this time last year either. It just happened in April.

Just now, Garlyle said:

Another goof up from Intern-kun. That is not a good work to get that bonus on your paycheck.

I would be thrilled if no demotions was an accident.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

In all fairness, there wasn’t any sight of the first round of mass demotion at this time last year either. It just happened in April.

I thought it was March? But what do I know?

If it was April *begins self-hypnosis*.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It would have been nice to tie it to the second anniversary, since as is, it was pretty lackluster.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If it was April *begins self-hypnosis*.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It would have been nice to tie it to the second anniversary, since as is, it was pretty lackluster.

Both anniversaries were yawn-inducing.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh you’re right. I thought it happened earlier in the year. I’m probably just more impatient now that I’m anxiously waiting for it as opposed to last year when it came as a surprise.

21 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm more inclined to believe we won't get any demotions on the FE6 banner.

Oh, would be bad if IntSys keep a unit like Thea in the 5-Stars Exclusive pool. Vanguard is a useful weapon, but a lot of units has Ignis, Steady Posture is on Reyson, and no one uses Seal Skills. I can see Lugh doesn't being demoted since he has a Rally Up Skill, but Thea screams demotion.

Well got Velouria but that's besides the point. It is a fates banner and for some weird reason IS believes that fates a "money printer". Now on the BB banner, Thea is way too bad to be a 5* exclusive while Kaden had some nice support abilities and is a beast unit.

Edited by SuperNova125

This is bizarre. Kaden had more reason to demote than Reyson, so I don't understand the rationale here. Unless they're still putting more emphasis on weapons than it had seemed, I guess?

Thea certainly looks set to demote, so I think it's more of a change of demotions to be 0-1 than consistent 0.

50 minutes ago, Othin said:

This is bizarre. Kaden had more reason to demote than Reyson, so I don't understand the rationale here. Unless they're still putting more emphasis on weapons than it had seemed, I guess?

Thea certainly looks set to demote, so I think it's more of a change of demotions to be 0-1 than consistent 0.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Kaden is a much more insane unit than Reyson and its obvious with the way they set up the banner. For starter all 4 unit in this one is unique whereas Reyson deliberately share skill with Leanne. Reyson have Fort which they KNEW is valued the lowest of all type buff whereas Kaden have Goad

Seriously dudes an easy 10/10 Aura. The moment you realize that you'd realize he's not going down ever. Dont get me wrong, Reyson is really fucking good but between how much less required a Type Dancer actually is for Beast gimmick, and the obvious tells, him demoting is much more understandable than Kaden

On the other hand you have Velouria with "oh right my weapon is basically Free Wrath" and Selkie who have 5 skills, and is in my opinion the worst unit of the batch and you just know demote is not happening.

Im as annoyed as everyone else is, since i REALLY like Kaden as a unit, but no demote is really expected this time around

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

It seems the Fates Beast Banner had no demotions, even though it was not a special heroes focus and quasi special heroes focus, like Adrift.

This does not bode well for the future, since we went from 2 4* demotions per banner at launch, to just one, with the Sacred Stones banner, to apparently zero now.  This will really hurt the ability of F2P players to get new units, or anybody's chances of getting a +10 project.

The monthly orbs you could get from quests has been dropping too. It's going to look bad on Nintendo when the game makes changes driving people to spend more and neglecting F2P players while their PR makes statements like this

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Kaden is a much more insane unit than Reyson and its obvious with the way they set up the banner. For starter all 4 unit in this one is unique whereas Reyson deliberately share skill with Leanne. Reyson have Fort which they KNEW is valued the lowest of all type buff whereas Kaden have Goad

Seriously dudes an easy 10/10 Aura. The moment you realize that you'd realize he's not going down ever. Dont get me wrong, Reyson is really fucking good but between how much less required a Type Dancer actually is for Beast gimmick, and the obvious tells, him demoting is much more understandable than Kaden

Hold on. Reyson is a flying dancer, which is a significant support unit type even for regular teams, and was rare before he showed up. He also can heal and potentially go up to 3 move. I'm also skeptical of Goad being better than Fortify.

Redundancy with Leanne might have more significance, though. Especially when we look at the bigger context.

Looking at the Binding Blade banner, Thea is striking for being by far the least popular unit from any of the three banners. She has her fans, but she hasn't scored well in CYL and she seems kinda redundant next to Shanna. It's a big surprise that she showed up at all - perhaps she was only picked at all because they wanted someone low-profile for a demote. They don't burn much "summon equity" that way.

The Kitsune and Wolfskin banner doesn't have anyone like that. In fact, it was basically another Brave Redux banner: the four banner units and Panne constituted the five highest-scoring units on CYL who hadn't yet been added at the time. So I can understand why they might not have wanted to demote anyone out of such a high-profile selection, more of one than would arise under normal circumstances.

Reyson got more CYL votes than Thea (and any other character on the FE6 banner, for that matter) but he also scored lower than his (non-GHB) counterparts, including the similar Leanne. So perhaps their plan, now, is to try to include a character specifically chosen as demote bait on each banner if they can, and to only skip demotes in circumstances like the Kitsune/Wolfskin banner if there's no viable way to do that? That'd be good if true, since it'd mean this situation would probably not happen often on "normal" banners, and also means more long-term thinking on IS's part: holding onto characters with more summon equity to be 5* exclusive summons later on. (I'm hoping that's why they skipped over Melady as an alternative lance flier, personally.)

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Reyson have Fort which they KNEW is valued the lowest of all type buff whereas Kaden have Goad

Goad is the least useful right now because both flying beasts and cavalry beasts have 3 movement range and armored beasts don't exist quite yet. Persistent buffs are better for units with high movement because it frees them up to use that movement range, whereas 2-square combat buffs are less flexible.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Good thing I got Kaden then.

But bye Lugh. I doubt he'll de demoted now

Lugh was never going to be demoted with Rally Up Res+. Thea is the expected demote here seeing as she literally has nothing of any lockable value besides her Lance

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

(I'm hoping that's why they skipped over Melady as an alternative lance flier, personally.)

My guess is that Miledy was avoided because Jill is just around the corner and they would be too similar in looks and utility. 

7 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Lugh was never going to be demoted with Rally Up Res+. Thea is the expected demote here seeing as she literally has nothing of any lockable value besides her Lance

Thea got boobs, one of the most powerful incentives for Whales :^_^:

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

My guess is that Miledy was avoided because Jill is just around the corner and they would be too similar in looks and utility. 

Perhaps. Or Althena. The Minerva archetype borrow from each others designs a bit too strongly so it makes sense if not all of them will get into Heroes. 

Yeah both Jill and Altena are much higher on IS's priority list, I'm sure.

Probably even Scarlet. 

She edges Eda, at least. 

Edit: also realized that Miledy doesn't even have Cipher art yet, which is a bit of a surprise to me (even Eda does). She's definitely been overlooked a lot.

Edited by Vince777