Collapse of the Grand Hero Battle: Rutger

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah!

Yeah, probably! I would just have to hope I don't need to merge this Ike anytime soon, I only pulled one of him and you merged regular Ryoma a bunch of times. XD I used up a lot of orbs trying to get his sis and dad as well as him, though Ike himself actually came quickly. And HE'S +SPD, -HP OF ALL THINGS. So yeah, hopefully those incredible IVs and some more SI would be enough to pull off solo runs.

yeah as an armor he does have more base stats to work with so that should count for some of my merges at least

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

yeah as an armor he does have more base stats to work with so that should count for some of my merges at least

That's true, at least. :P Oh, but unless I keep Armored Boots on him, his movement could be an issue though...

Someday I need to go for a few more RD Ikes too though. I just neglect to because he always seems to be lumped with other reds I don't really want at all. And I always seemed to have other characters I want to pull from other new banners too. xP

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

Thanks! Obstruct was pretty key, yeah. Leg Ryoma is definitely in no shape to take 2 lance hits, haha!

Your clear is very cool! I like that even the non+ versions of wolftomes did a lot of work. And the Dragon Fang timing at the end there. 

Thanks! 

Your other clear was great, that's an awesome Ryoma build being able to solo the map with those buffs~

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Rutger. Sorry for not making this clear. I thought that I was clear with my words since this is a Rutger Topic

Oh, I assumed it was someone you used to clear the map~ Don't know why Rutger didn't cross my mind, LMAO, sorry, I'm slow~

@mampfoid Good to see Lancina to be here. Oscar survive Rutger with only 1 HP is a clutch lol. Nicely done !

@mcsilas It pain my eyes a little to see that super slim spread on Lon'qu. 20 damage from emerald axe, what is triangle advantage?

Hinoka did a lot of work here that I thought she could sweep this map with 3 dancers, i guess.

My opinion about this map after clearing it >>> Is this suppose to be the easiest GHB/ LHB with red sword again? That green mage suppose to counter my Shiro? Watch my clear and you will realize that the AI is super dumb stupid ever !!

Edited by Ginko

Wooh, first time I was able to clear an infernal GHB with reinforcements without a guide! Also first time I actually recorded it, so have some clears!

First cleared it with the dragons kids, my main team when it comes to clearing maps like this:

Now that I have a beasts team I wanted to see if I could do it with them too. It took a few tries, but I managed it!

Sorry for no sound, I usually don't play with sound on since I often play at work on quiet days. Will try to remember to turn on the music next time ^^

17 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Oooh nice to see Felicia, that’s a cool build you run on her with the Savage chip damage and bringing Sakura to keep her alive during the fight~ Good work!~

Thanks! I just I kinda threw this team together after my usual teams had a hard time dealing with the reinforcements. Still took a couple tries to clear the map and trying to remember what I did.

On 11.3.2019 at 10:57 PM, Azuris said:

Yay for Hector's always useful special charge and throwing people support. That one was too easy so you decided to bring out lesser used units? Ouch poor Oscar, that did hurt, but at least he got into wings range comfortably. Nice clear again. Well done!

Thanks again! Yeah, Hector is really useful, I hope I'll find the occasion to make him GF again. 

Both Marth and Oscar have problems getting things killed in Abyssal maps (Lucina is just new). I considered making Oscar +10, but I wouldn't win much by it since he wouldn't be better than S!Cordelia +1 for example.

On 11.3.2019 at 11:04 PM, Flying Shogi said:

Woah, really close shave there with Oscar. Lucina must be proud to be able to help her ancestor.

Yeah, Oscar couldn't go in with his usual LnD. Didn't think of the fact Lucina and Marth were related ... perhaps she'll follow his example and dress something festive soon (6th alt incoming). 

I might give my SA!Tana Raudblade+ for some future Abyssal clears if the the terrain/movement space becomes an issue. I'm not wiling to use a limited time unit for fodder so they need to demote Hone Fliers into the 4 star pool already.

I wouldn't mind using some Grails for Hone Fliers, but it was not necessary yet. Rauðrblade Tana could profit from a tactics team or from L!Azura as well. 

Thanks! I ventured into a 4 unit banner twice for her and thankfully it wasn't a disaster.

I got only Ryoma ... who will die in an instant once Cordelia needs his flag for a clear

On 11.3.2019 at 11:48 PM, DLNarshen said:

@mampfoid It's somehow very satisfying seeing B!Lucina one-round enemies like that, with no specials to boot.  Maybe because mine is -Spd and it makes me jealous, haha. 

Glad you liked it ... sorry about your Lucina being slow. To be honest I totally forgot about her. I was searching for a good infantry Lance for GF and had to use a stat filter on my barracks to see the obvious.

On 12.3.2019 at 12:58 AM, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid Good as always! It was nice to see Lancina here, she's very underused nowadays (Although I benched mine after getting Ylgr so...). That 1 Hp fight against Rutger was pretty clutch! 

Thanks! Yeah Lancina is such a great candidate for GF + Flashing Blade, I almost feel bad she got that set so late. 

So yeah, I think this is going to be my final team but the skills aren't set in stone yet (I need Atk Tactic for Airzura so she and Ylgr provide the Tactics buffs while Kaden will get Chill Def because that skill is the best thing ever for those tanky abyssal armors). 

Interesting, I would have thought you'd give Ylgrs skills to a dancer at one point. 

+18 to every stat is one hell of a drug.

And Eirika is like "give more, mooooore reinforcements!". Great clear. :-) 

On 12.3.2019 at 1:15 AM, Anacybele said:

She's really helpful for Flier Emblem.

Glad you gave Fliers a chance, I know you are more of a cav fan. Congrats having solved all those reinforcements. 

On 11.3.2019 at 11:07 PM, Landmaster said:

I never trained up Fjorm

But she is always a bonus unit somewhere ... 

On 12.3.2019 at 1:18 AM, Landmaster said:

OSCARRRR with the powerful 1 HP live~ He was great~ And yaaaayy Lucina and Pony Marth again, nice!

Thanks! They will return for sure. :-) 

On 12.3.2019 at 1:18 AM, Landmaster said:

Very boring clear from me this time, using the best girls~

Not boring enough! Toasty idea with the wolf tomes, that worked pretty well. You could have given Nowi ATK+3 or something, her CC was not needed this time (sadly). 

Very nice team, congrats!

(Btw: really Nowi > Sakura?) 

21 hours ago, Ginko said:

@mampfoid Good to see Lancina to be here. Oscar survive Rutger with only 1 HP is a clutch lol. Nicely done !

Thank you! 

21 hours ago, Ginko said:

My opinion about this map after clearing it >>> Is this suppose to be the easiest GHB/ LHB with red sword again? That green mage suppose to counter my Shiro? Watch my clear and you will realize that the AI is super dumb stupid ever !!

Haha, yeah positioning helps a lot. That green mage was just confused by your Shiro being physically untouchable. Or maybe he wanted to check Shiro's fashionable style from near distance. 

Congrats! 

14 hours ago, Mau said:

Now that I have a beasts team I wanted to see if I could do it with them too. It took a few tries, but I managed it!

Team extra fluffy, congrats again! 

(need more fluffiness myself)

I liked also your dragon clear. I still have no merged dragon ... I'm getting more Grimas than Faes these days. 

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Glad you gave Fliers a chance, I know you are more of a cav fan. Congrats having solved all those reinforcements. 

Pegasus knights are actually my second favorite thing after cavs, no big deal to switch to fliers. :P Also, Ryoma and Hinoka are cool. And Summer Corrin is pretty, even if her damaged art is wtf. Thanks though!

It took longer to recreate this than it took to initially beat this but I FINALLY won with the Pony team I played on using~

Wanted to use my newest ponies, including Sue, and they managed to get the win~

Positioning was very important here. Mainly because Mist kept getting buffs from Elise or Sue and getting Panic Ployed by the Axe Dragon which kept getting her killed, so I had to keep them apart from each other when she was in his path. Another reason was because we need to lead certain enemies to certain sides of the map (like getting the Axe Dragon to head left instead of up or the Red Tome Cav to come to the right, rather than left) Also needed that Ward stacking for Elise to survive the Red Tome Cav. She misses the kill by 1 HP on Rutger without the Drive Atk from Soren. Mist also needed the Def Refine on Gronblooms so she essentially changes the AI not to go for her as often as they were without it~

@Azuris I DID IT SEMPAI

On 3/13/2019 at 3:14 AM, mampfoid said:

But she is always a bonus unit somewhere ... 

Not boring enough! Toasty idea with the wolf tomes, that worked pretty well. You could have given Nowi ATK+3 or something, her CC was not needed this time (sadly). 

Very nice team, congrats!

(Btw: really Nowi > Sakura?) 

I just use another bonus or don't worry about it

I could have, probably~ I didn't upgrade those Seals all the way so I probably could have used Atk/Spd Bond Seal or her own Atk/Res~ I always forget about that XP

And thanks!~

Of COURSE, BEST DRAGON LOLI NOWWII~~

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

It took longer to recreate this than it took to initially beat this but I FINALLY won with the Pony team I played on using~

Wow, there is so few space for your ponies to maneuver, but somehow they did it. So many reinforcements, but Mist played the road block. Cool team and cool clear, congrats! 

(Bet this puzzle took a while ... getting all toasty!)

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, there is so few space for your ponies to maneuver, but somehow they did it. So many reinforcements, but Mist played the road block. Cool team and cool clear, congrats! 

(Bet this puzzle took a while ... getting all toasty!)

Over 24 TOASTY hours trying to remember how I did this! Thanks!

@Landmaster

Yay, Landy! I knew you could do it.

This map is so bad for cav teams. Trenches, forests and the river. Barely any room to kite or reposition, The only nice space on the map for cav is the bottom left and if you can get there you should have already won anyway. With fliers the map is so much easier. But looks like you don't shy away from a challenge.

No healer, no dancer, no unit that can take a lot of hits, just some of the units you love and your skills in this game. But looks like you don't need anything else. Reading your comment it looks like that was quite a puzzle, but you figured it out at the end. Excellent positioning to keep everyone safe and make sure not to take to many hits, while at the same time manipulating the AI to move the way you want it to, creating the opening you needed. You stayed on top of things and outmaneuvered them at every turn to make sure only you would succeed at the end.

You did it! And it was wonderful. Well done!

Jugdral emblem takes Rutger down, after deciding to go for a tactic, then forgetting about it when making the video and using another entirely different strat.

2 hours ago, Azuris said:

@Landmaster

Yay, Landy! I knew you could do it.

This map is so bad for cav teams. Trenches, forests and the river. Barely any room to kite or reposition, The only nice space on the map for cav is the bottom left and if you can get there you should have already won anyway. With fliers the map is so much easier. But looks like you don't shy away from a challenge.

No healer, no dancer, no unit that can take a lot of hits, just some of the units you love and your skills in this game. But looks like you don't need anything else. Reading your comment it looks like that was quite a puzzle, but you figured it out at the end. Excellent positioning to keep everyone safe and make sure not to take to many hits, while at the same time manipulating the AI to move the way you want it to, creating the opening you needed. You stayed on top of things and outmaneuvered them at every turn to make sure only you would succeed at the end.

You did it! And it was wonderful. Well done!

Thanks so much, Sempai~

It honestly took not that long to figure it out, it was just I went to sleep afterwards and totally forgot what I did, so recreating it took the whole day to remember, oof~ I guess the first time I wasn't paying as much attention to how the enemy was moving the first time, so it actually was useful that it took so long to do it again so I could pay more attention this time ;w;

On 3/12/2019 at 5:33 AM, Ginko said:

@mcsilas It pain my eyes a little to see that super slim spread on Lon'qu. 20 damage from emerald axe, what is triangle advantage?

Hinoka did a lot of work here that I thought she could sweep this map with 3 dancers, i guess.

I forgot to comment on yours~ Great work from your team, as usual~ Shiro took care of this map super easily and Kagero looked really fun here, too~

1 hour ago, Jugdral Lover/iggy/Safer said:

Jugdral emblem takes Rutger down, after deciding to go for a tactic, then forgetting about it when making the video and using another entirely different strat.

Astra Lewyn is awesome, never thought about that on him but it works great with that Flashing Blade~ And I always love seeing Finn~ Nice work!

Just pretend I posted this 3 days ago.

@mampfoid

Nice work! Good to see Marth again, I don’t think I’ve seen him in a while. Close call on the Oscar fight as well.

On 3/11/2019 at 5:18 PM, Landmaster said:

Very boring clear from me this time, using the best girls~

Never did full Best Girls Emblem yet, so I decided I could accept using Nowi this once (I find using her to be cheating but the others were of decent contribution).

Broke out the Wolf tomes since this map is VERY pony heavy. Sadly too poor to upgrade them so we’re just using the vanilla versions~ Thus, S!Elise needed Atk Tactic to make sure H!Nowi could do enough damage~ That’s about it, but I also did need to switch Nowi’s Panic Ploy to Atk Smoke since she got overwhelmed by that Brave Lance Cav near the end without it (and she’s not Ploying any units here anyway)~

I wonder how the Lance & Sword Cavs felt, spawning quite lirerally right in front of a pair of wolf tomes.

Also, Rutger actually says “This is a battlefield”? I did not realize that. Thank you, Captain Obvious!

Some really great clears here, people! Haven't watched all of them, but @Thor Odinson's 1-turn Ryoma and @kirauza343's girl team were my favorites. Nice I'm not the only one who let Yune and Feh nest in Micaiah's head, as seen in my clear here.

BTW, there's a a low battery warning at around the 5:30 which causes the audio for the rest of the video to go out of sync. No idea why it happened, and I apologize for that.

@daisy jane @Landmaster @mampfoid

Leon and his dancers have two versions:

1. Leon with Olivia, Azura, and Azura with an axe, which is mainly used for beating the Lunatic story requirements.  And some of the easier GHBs.
2. Leon with Legendary Azura, Azura with an axe, and Flying Ninian, so I can take advantage of Atk Tactic.  This is usually reserved for the harder maps.

This time, team 2 just barely made it.  Flying Azura was able to teleport all over the place.  Had Leon tank something, which allowed Azura with an axe to teleport to him at a moment's notice.  Flying Ninian's Chill Atk was the reason why this didn't turn out to be a total disaster.  Probably the hardest GHB that Leon was able to solo.  Luckily, I didn't need to take out Soleil. . .

Sorry for the late responses (been a bit busy with FGO...).

@Landmaster Nice clears! The best girls one was pretty smooth. Nowi really showed how great of a tank she can be while the mages went and destroyed every pony in their path. Your HS!Elise is as impressive as ever, despite daggers being on the underrated side of the spectrum she really shows how great they can be offensive-wise.

I loved the music of the second clear! Clearing the map with nothing but non-Reinhardt/Lyn horses must've been really hard with how unforgiving this map is to that movement type but you pulled it off. Congrats!

About Bonus Doubler, I thought about it and decided it wasn't worth it. +24 to every stat sounds frightening (and it certainly is) but that would end up making Eirika a sitting duck against ranged units which more often than not would spell doom for my solo clears due to getting my team surrounded by reinforcements. 

@mampfoid Thanks! About Ylgr, I also thought about it but I couldn't bring myself to sacrificing her with that perfect nature of hers (+Spd is basically the best you can ask for Ylgr, it ensures her weapon will be active almost all the time). I think she'll be fine on the team, after all she offers a free +13 Spd with the combo of Spd Tactic and Chill Spd which is too good to pass, not to mention with my EP-centric style two dancers wouldn't do too much outside of certain unforgiving maps.

FINALLY GOT SOMEWHERE WITH THIS ONE.

Sure, I had to use Rein and Brunonica, but they and Walhart and Titantine were surprisingly capable of the clear.

Lunatic was an easy clear for ValentIke, LALyn, Chrissa and Eirimas and low HM units swept hard.

On 3/16/2019 at 9:40 PM, Jave said:

BTW, there's a a low battery warning at around the 5:30 which causes the audio for the rest of the video to go out of sync. No idea why it happened, and I apologize for that.

Nice use of that Brazen on Tiki~ I thought she probably had Aether or something as why you weren't too worried about that low health, but she eats everything in that Brazen Range and kills with Bonfire so she doesn't need the health~ Kinoka does a lot of work on this map, she's been in a couple clears so far, but she does really nice work here~ Micaiah, too~ Well done!

6 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@Landmaster Nice clears! The best girls one was pretty smooth. Nowi really showed how great of a tank she can be while the mages went and destroyed every pony in their path. Your HS!Elise is as impressive as ever, despite daggers being on the underrated side of the spectrum she really shows how great they can be offensive-wise.

I loved the music of the second clear! Clearing the map with nothing but non-Reinhardt/Lyn horses must've been really hard with how unforgiving this map is to that movement type but you pulled it off. Congrats!

About Bonus Doubler, I thought about it and decided it wasn't worth it. +24 to every stat sounds frightening (and it certainly is) but that would end up making Eirika a sitting duck against ranged units which more often than not would spell doom for my solo clears due to getting my team surrounded by reinforcements. 

Thanks! Some Binding Blade music for the occasion (and it represented my internal pain doing this map so many times, haha)~

Yeah, I figured you'd keep DC~ I would, too, honestly, and she has Kaden now so she probably doesn't even need it XD

On 17.3.2019 at 2:40 AM, Jave said:

Nice clear, congrats! Tiki tanks a lot of stuff, but Micaiah get's few action. Airzura could have killed the lance cav perhaps, but Hinoka was fine tanking a hit. 

Super late to the replies but better late than never?

@Ginko Shiro just duels Rutger straight away without fear. Everything just seem to fell in place really quickly, you didn't have a problem at all with BF Kagero and GF Siegbert in your team.

@Landmaster Wow amazing work, I know the pain of having specific seals needed and trying to get the AI to move different ways. Bridge maps are pretty annoying, but good you persevered! 

Best Girl Emblem team also worked out well, interesting to see a flying Wolf tome user. Nowi's Guard was useful for a map like this, and Aether just works for her.

@Alexmender Oh my gosh, Eirikia is a beast. Oh and hello Kaden, the actual beast. Good that you finally managed to pull him, I'm in awe of that team setup.

@mampfoid Never get tired of Hector pushing people around. Oscar barely lived but managed to hold on and it's nice to see Brave Lucina and Groom Marth again!

Now for some late theme clears!

@daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy @NegativeExponents- @Azuris

First up is a Sacaen Emblem team...if i had more variety and pulled a Sue or something. Maybe pretend B!Lyn and L!Lyn are Sue split apart. Anyway, here is a Karel + Lyns clear!

Team is +Atk/-Def Karel, +Def/-HP Legendary Lyn, neutral Brave Lyn and +Atk/-Def Bride Lyn.

Music is Art of Fight from the King of Fighters 1998 soundtrack.

-L!Lyn, despite being the most unwanted Legendary Hero worked really well in this map with double Atk/Spd boosts thanks to her weapon + the bond SS. Also features Brave Lyn facetanks a sword as I try to set up a duel between the two edgy Sacaen swordsmen. Bride Lyn's Candlelight was the perfect support for Rutger's pesky Vantage + Vengeance

-Brave Lyn really needed the Atk+3 seal otherwise she would miss kills. L!Lyn really needed Drive Atk support to ORKO the darn archer.

----

Next up is an Awakening themed clear- the loners of Awakening!

Team is neutral Walhart, neutral Panne, neutral Gerome and +Atk/-Res Lon'qu

Music is Kazuki's theme (Blaze) from Samurai Shodown IV

-Lon'qu is a solitary swordsman, Panne is the last full-blood Taguel and generally stays away from humans at first, Gerome distances himself from people generally (hence the mask) and Walhart's strength is like a one-man army and is mostly here because of his weapon's effect of wanting to be away from his team.

-Like Landmaster, manipulating the AI was the key. And I bit the bullet and finally gave Lon'qu the well-deserved Desperation since I couldn't clear this without the skill because of his fragility (need more Shannas...).

-It's funny how perfect Gerome was for this map just because I wanted Loners for the team. Poleaxe helped delete the pesky cavaliers in the map, while Panne dealt with the horses that Gerome couldn't tackle. Plus Guidance helped make sure Lon'qu can retreat safely after baiting the enemy.

-Another funny side effect of the team was double Chill support, with Panne sealing Speed while Walhart sealed Attack. Lon'qu had an easier time doubling Rutger thanks to this. Also, Panne's double Smoke helped Lon'qu later (he wouldn't survive without the the Atk Smoke even against the Emerald Axe cav...double LaD is one hell of a risk)