A relaxed Conquest playthrough (With Screenshots!)

DehNutCase

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

The problem I have here is that your comparison is fallacious in assuming equal levels for Charlotte and Silas despite the latter's massive availability lead - thanks to her join time and being underleveled, Charlotte would need like two levels a chapter to be 20/6 by chapter 22, which is a tall order when accuracy is a concern (again, not everyone will settle for forged bronzes).

...It really feels that this argument is built around the idea of a game in which xp doesn't scale with level. In practice the xp level scaling leads to a higher average level/experience gain early on, that lets her catch up with people with earlier join times. The xp scaling system is used to normalize unit's levels, which leads to units approaching similar levels with the same amount of use over time, and keeps even the most favored units from pulling too far ahead. As for accuracy there are plenty of ways to mitigate a low accuracy. She does start underleveled, but you have a few easy chapters for her to catch up, and she can be a valuable character to high offense teams with her player phase and attack stance potential.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...It really feels that this argument is built around the idea of a game in which xp doesn't scale with level. In practice the xp level scaling leads to a higher average level/experience gain early on, that lets her catch up with people with earlier join times. The xp scaling system is used to normalize unit's levels, which leads to units approaching similar levels with the same amount of use over time, and keeps even the most favored units from pulling too far ahead. As for accuracy there are plenty of ways to mitigate a low accuracy. She does start underleveled, but you have a few easy chapters for her to catch up, and she can be a valuable character to high offense teams with her player phase and attack stance potential.

Still, I ain't seeing her closing the gap without massive, blatant favoritism. Also, she comes in at level 10 in chapter 13, which she's a late arrival in. Conquest takes the kid gloves off in chapter 18. And one of the chapters in between is for Corrin and Azura only. That means you have a measly 4 chapters to get her up to speed... no thank you. The accuracy part, while fixable, doesn't help, especially since she's more of a hindrance than a help. . .

Edited by Shadow Mir

Well I stand corrected about Selena being able to survive the middle mooks.

Moral Reset Counter: 8.5

The mooks do like ~18 to Selena and ~22 to Xander, so if they targeted either with both hits they were both fucking dead. I did think to myself 'wow, this doesn't look survivable' beforehand, though, so I had Selena holding a Fire and Xander holding his sword. Selena's low mag meant the AI attacked her first---since she doesn't do damage on the counter, unlike Xander who managed a crit kill (he was fine without it, I had him in a Nyx pair-up for the 4 Speed + 2 Res, so he was 2RKO'd, not ORKOd)---and, because I positioned her behind Xander, meant the person going second couldn't hit her, so both of them took one hit each rather than one of them being KO'd like what's supposed to happen.

Again, though, AI Manipulation count as moral resets since: A, it's a hard to learn skill that only works for the game you learn it in---the AI changes every game, and B, I'm not playing on Casual, where I can just do a mid-chapter reload if I fuck up with my AI manipulation. (Or just complete the chapter and get them back anyway.) Plus that was my back-up plan rather than my main plan, my main plan was Xander and Selena both being able to survive two hits.

Besides that the Chapter was a clean sweep, though, map was wiped clean by the time I Seized. Will probably grab the few missing screenshots & post the Chapter tomorrow. (Even though I have gripes with the Chapter from a information perspective---I'd be a lot happier if they at least started 1 or 2 Falcon Knights in a pair-up on the right side so you knew what's coming---I do still like design, since it's basically a classic castle assault map combined with Chapter 10 redux.)

Chapter 22:

Pre-map Planning:

It's a tad odd to call this 'pre-map' planning considering half the screenshots are from turn 24 or something, but whatever.

xQTE34m.png

Chapter 22 is one of those maps where you don't learn about the main gimmick until you're halfway done with the map. Namely, it's actually a defense map---except you don't have to protect the throne, so you can pick wherever you'd like to make your choke-points. (The left side has way better chokes, so if you want to be lazy about the map you can just start everyone left by pairing up your entire team.)

It's pretty interesting map design, since you slog your way through a castle and then end up defending it, but incomplete information on maps grates on me, and for some reason the Conquest designers love making maps where the chief 'difficulty' is the kind of stuff that only works once, because you only need to know about them to trivialize them.

Assault:

Be7UOgE.png  mLD201Q.png

Yukimura guards the Throne, and drops a decent amount of gold if you kill him. (Killing him before he gets to initiate an attack gets you the gold bar as well.) I'm not sure if the +5 hit he gives to everyone is displayed on the stat screens, so bear that extra 5% in mind if you're doing dodge tanking stuff.

vfZfeI7.png  lisk5QX.png

Despite how it looks, there's actually 3 + 1 + 4 = 8 mooks inside Sakura's little box. The immobile Mechanist gets a mobile replacement like 2 turns or so after you kill him, and there's a wave of 4 pair'd up mooks some time after you trigger the last wave. (I'm not 100% sure what they're tied to.)

We're not in the endgame yet, so it's pretty easy to bait out the freeze staff uses---Sakura only checks if someone in range to be attacked 'normally' for using her Freeze, not whether the person doing the attacking would actually initiate the attack. If you park a Bow Knight next to the Mechanist, for example, they'd much rather shoot their little -5 Def/Res Shuriken Launchers than take 70% of their hp from the counter, but Sakura will still try to freeze the Bow Knight.

ffsI7Ae.png

The mage mook with Sakura is basically just here to tell you that it's a really good idea to use Bow Knights rather than Shuriken users for anti-mage duties on this map. Because the best mages on this map are actually Falcon Knights for some stupid reason. (Which you don't know about until a fair ways into the map.)

MLM7pah.png  YSBjqBz.png

Sabaki has max'd Skill, meaning it's pretty likely that he blocks 1/2 of the damage bows do to him, problem is the bit where he's OHKO'd by a decent bow user, and natural Bow Knights are fast as hell in Conquest, so it's trivial to double him. Even with Darting Blow he only has 28 speed and 39 damage, which is less than the regular Falcon Knights on the map.

ewEJ4Tp.png  wzbd5cy.png

I'm pretty sure Hana has a 1HKO on 80% of my team thanks to Rend Heaven + 17% crit. The 37 speed means that she has a very consistent ORKO on all of my team. Your best bet is using Corrin with a Dragonstone+ to tank her---yeah my Corrin has an Atk boon, so Rend heaven hurts like hell, but she also has like 35 Defense with the Dragonstone+. Xander can also tank her, but he doesn't debuff -4 to everything. (Draconic Hex also triggers before the Silver stat debuff, so Hana loses 6 to Str and Skill.)

UnRZ9aa.png  sdCPJW2.png

It's a bit odd that all the immobile Mechanists have Inspiration, but I guess it's so that you can't just do choke-point shenanigans without taking care of them first. +2 damage from Inspiration & +5 from their Launcher debuff makes it a bit harder to choke-point. That said, these guys can be smacked to death from the left side of the wall, so this choke point is trivial regardless.

Their Launchers are Shurikens, which have 25 Atk (AoE) and leave a -5 Def, -5 Res debuff.

zbGqVUm.png  mMJZh7X.png

This mook has 29% crit on offense, so be careful.

ZzIyG05.png  qaIQtyf.png

Oni Chieftains are fairly tame on this map. It's hard to double them if you're resource starved, and their bulk is pretty damn high, but their offenses aren't too hard to deal with as long as you aren't made of paper on the magical side. (A ton of them carry scrolls.)

jcb4rug.png  xm9UlYX.png

Blacksmiths have way worse bulk, but also 5 extra speed & crit chance, so they're a bit more dangerous.

tl;dr of the left side is that Corrin solos everyone without problems, though. (Assuming, that is, you kept her in Nohr Noble.)

9MHxLdK.png  EZj41s7.png

Left side was Def heavy, the right side is fairly Res heavy. The Automatons tend to have Pass or Yumi (but not both, I believe). Not really a problem unless you get swarmed.

rJuUQpw.png  QpKSQTN.png

Pretty high Atk (especially considering the +4 damage on even turns), but the non Falcon Knight mages on this map don't have much speed, so as long as you stack some Res to compensate for the Launcher -5 Res they're easy to deal with. Unless, that is, you get swarmed.

md8KPLm.png  UXmOHPs.png

Kind of like the 29% crit mook from the left side, this guy's Vantage is mostly to catch you off guard for a random reset.

tl;dr of the right side is that you have no idea what the right side is like at the start of map, since this side spawns Falcon Knights with 30 speed and fairly decent Atk. (In raw stats their Strength and Mag isn't that much higher than the stuff we've faced before, but we're getting to the point where the team is expected to be underlevel'd if you aren't doing child maps, so their stats are growing faster than ours.)

Anyway, that's the first half of the map. My original strategy was to have Camilla, Leo, Corrin take the left (since Hana looked pretty scary if I couldn't clear the mooks around her before having Corrin do the 1v1), and have Xander + Felicia or Elise deal with the right side with his 1-2 range sword. That didn't work out because the Falcon Knights on the right side destroy him.

That was reset #24 or something.

Reset Counter: 26

Moral Reset Counter: 8.5

The total resets for this map was 2 from me losing units, 2 from crashes, and 1 moral reset from me having to use AI Manipulation to deal with the reinforcements from the center.

The right side looked easier at the start of map but ended up having more troublesome reinforcements, whereas the left side looked harder at the start but their reinforcements are jokes. So what I ended up doing was shifting the Leo & Camilla pair right (they're very strong individually and Savage Blow and Rose's Thorns makes Leo's offenses pretty crazy), with Niles and Felicia tagging along to deal with the Falcon Knights you had no way of knowing about.

Defense:

IiUrSBK.png

The second half of the map starts once you get inside the last set of walls. (Maybe even a little bit outside---I played it safe and left my units pretty far away from the the center before rushing in.) The turn after that the first half of the last wave spawns.

k3Wd014.png  BJzm6Qf.png

Over here we have a wave of mages. The unpair'd mooks are the same as the ones we've seen before.

Note the Rally Magic and 39 Atk with Calamity Gate.

VLGIhWY.png

Back side is Tiger Spirit. Onmyoji gives 4 Mag, 4 Speed, so this guy actually has 40 Atk, 27 Speed.

6o1OhKk.png  tPwR3Kp.png

Silver Yumi and Certain Blow, so you'll want to counter-kill these guys somehow if you were using a Wyvern to handle the right side. They start with the Saw equipped, so if you counter-kill the front side the back side can't counter when you kill them on player phase.

FNRmA0Q.png  oxkYCh9.png

These guys have Pass, but honestly it's the Silver Yumi that's the bigger problem. It's not like they'll run through your units unless they're doing 0 damage, since they'd still want to enter combat, so as long as you remember about them they're pretty easy to deal with.

LuxADFd.png  UomJLYx.png

Bettering Club is 2-range only, I believe. Note the high crit chance, and 25% chance to block 1/2 of Axe, Sword, or Lance damage.

obUNiSF.png  7PsSKIC.png

The unpair'd guys have effective damage and Quick Draw.

OM99iVx.png  hmgpgwM.png

A rally guy will move back to Rally if they can't do damage to your choke point unit, so bear that in mind if your choke point unit has only barely enough bulk rather than massive overkill.

f3kqiOy.png

The unpair'd mooks are the same stuff we've seen before.

These are the mooks that spawn immediately after Sakura repairs the walls. (If you managed to kill Sakura before she does this I suggest you make someone repair the walls anyway.)

FFKkqdh.png  1BP0r38.png

The turn after we have another wave of Reinforcements. The Mechanists still kind of have jokes for stat spreads, but their debuffs could matter if your tank is only barely holding on.

tl;dr of the left side for the defense half of the map is still Corrin solos everything. Since Dragonic Hex + Dragonstone+ ruins any chance of the left side doing damage to her. It also neatly dodges any chance of effective damage since you're using a dragonstone.

27LZQBZ.png  f0kzX41.png

35 Atk, 30 Speed, 9 move. Not a problem if you knew they were coming and were position'd for that, but a pretty big problem if you didn't and Sakura still had Freeze staff uses left.

Yeah I spawn camped these jerks like crazy after my first run---they're conveniently in range to get destroyed by a danced Niles.

xUiug3i.png  jIxwqUL.png

41 Atk is nothing to scoff at, but the main threat of these guys is the fact that they hit both sides of bulk, so if you kill half beforehand almost anyone could deal with the right side. (Assuming the mages were taken care of---the right side's choke points aren't as good, so you can't have just 1 person blocking all the enemy mooks.)

RYOR2Tx.png  qAzoc03.png

Their Atk is way higher than it looks, since that's a Silver Club they aren't using.

I think they have around ~42 Atk physically speaking.

wlgZ9dR.png

Back side has 43 Atk from Even Handed. (Fortunately Oni Chieftain doesn't give Mag in a pair-up.)

If you want to tank the middle wave the best bet is having your designated tank coming in from the left---where you can kill the Mechanists spamming debuffs and wait until you don't have debuff'd bulk. If your tank(s) are coming in from the right side instead you're probably going to need to chug tonics, maybe even Talismans\Dracoshields, on top of the normal AoE buff stacking & pair-up stats, thanks to their fairly decent Atk and the very good chance of you still missing some Def/Res from the -5 of Launchers.

I ended up cheesing these guys with AI manipulation so that even if both my tanks (Xander and Selena) are 2RKO'd they still wouldn't die because they'd only take 1 combat each. I think Camilla has the stats after chugging tonics to tank these guys normally, though. (She'll be debuff'd, since she's my designated Yukimura killer, but she has 30 Def, 26 Res, and 40 hp. Selena only has 28 Def, 22 Res, and 39 hp.)

But I'm not a fan of chugging tonics when I can just play better to deal with it, hence why I did the AI manipulation thing---which did cost a moral reset, mind.

Just like Chapter 10, you pretty much always have enough resources to deal with the mooks, the main problem is making sure each side has just enough---since if you give a side more than enough your other sides will suffer.

UhYCpMd.png

I dropped Shura for Flora since Flora's high Skill and Shuriken access means that she can approach 100% accuracy versus Hana, which is pretty useful if I'm not using Corrin to debuff instead. (Corrin can debuff at range as well with her Levin, but Flora actually deals damage---Hana has decent Res but low Def.) She has pretty typical stats for a unit joining the team on Lunatic---that is, she'll be OHKOd if you fight on the side you're not supposed to, and she's 2HKOd if she is. She also 2RKOs mooks she's supposed to fight.

General plan is just to deathball my way nearly to the last set of walls, and then chill for a few turns to bait out staff usage, thin out the mooks in Sakura's box, and let my left side recover from debuffs. (The right side doesn't get this luxury since I don't think you can hit the Mechanists on that side without triggering the last wave of reinforcements.) Once the last wave happens the general plan is to kill off as many of the dangerous ones as I can on player phase, and then rely on choke point(s) for the rest.

My Castle Stuff:

mfHu9rG.png  g71MLOk.png

Turns out Steels only sell for 750g (and Silvers for 1,000g), meaning Silvers do have a role after all. As basically the kind of random weapon you pick up off the ground that's occasionally useful.

Similarly for all kinds of other random junk---it's pretty hard to find something that sells for a significant chunk of cash, unless it's a multi-forged Bronze or Iron.

Ewhw88W.png

Pretty mediocre roll on the kitchen, but eh, you can't get perfect rolls everyday. (Technically I can, since I don't mind doing castle visits, so I can just reset the RNG, but I have to give a damn to do that.)

Resource Distribution:

Q8qQDr8.png  FOMGQID.png

R.I.P. 3 speed, now even Camilla's doubled by Hana. (If Hana could be captured she's easily endgame material with just her bases.)

I give Camilla Selena's Fire +3 (and a Thunder +1) since we don't really need Selena to do a Malig Knight Camilla impersonation now that we have Camilla back. We're getting to the point where we're hitting stat caps, so things like class changing for stats are becoming a factor, but there's no need to do that as of yet since it's cheaper to chug tonics if needed.

xWOnpn5.png

Flora picks up a bunch of random Shuriken and Shura's mend. Note how she only has 29 hp, and 15 base speed (she's getting 2 from Shuriken and 1 from food). Her growths are pretty okay, but her low speed and hp will remain a real issue since it's pretty likely she gets ORKO'd without a speed pair-up.

zD9BtW7.png

I swap some staves between Elise and Felicia. (Note how Felicia picked up my other Rescue, since they'll be on different teams.)

ODZmYte.png

Gave Charlotte a Killer Axe and then forgot about it for the entire map.

x3p4Sea.png  AXtpfq4.png

Jakob's inventory stayed the same, but he ended up with this set for the map. Slot issues means Gentilhomme will be dropped soon, which is a real issue since we don't have another Butler. Leo's the best option since he has it naturally + tends to be around Camilla a lot, but having to pick between shoving him Arms Scrolls or forging up a Bronze Knife is pretty annoying. He can't even staff for exp since Heal gives jack all for exp at this point.

9zOgxan.png  OwodkDY.png

The tomes don't really matter on Selena outside of Shield Gauge building, but I do swap out Rally Skill for Lunge. (Niles has it at this point + I tend to have more than enough accuracy to go around---or at least enough turns that imperfect accuracy doesn't matter.)

The Map:

ahcfgOz.png  uIUOtxB.png

Had Camilla flatten the Levee using the right side Dragon Vein first thing, before ending turn in this formation. Niles is using the Bronze Bow since this is an odd turn, and I want him to counter-kill both mages. Leo's baiting the bow using puppet with his Horse Spirit. (Charlotte's there for the extra 4% accuracy from support bonuses.)

bAVBRNH.png

As a reminder, Jakob has Life and Death for 10 more damage. These guys are bulky as hell. (Mind, part of this is also because he's swinging a sword that only costs 2k---you get what you pay for.)

f3LlFxn.png  lrgspNm.png

Jakob clearly doesn't like being below 25 Speed, so he gets on fixing it immediately.

AeUUxQL.png

I unequip Gentilhomme for Elbow Room, since the main Gentilhomme target is Corrin, and he's better off pair'd up for his -3 damage taken personal.

yE2HmYg.png  E1vK0PB.png

Doop.

DMD2eCJ.png  QgU3aO3.png

Nyx's bulk honestly doesn't matter (not even her Res), so Mag, Speed, Skill, and Luck is pretty much all I care about from her.

N5zMGm3.png  nixuYHH.png

End of turn one.

69DTUCs.png  4u7Ra1o.png

Pretty great level for Niles, but he needs a lot of physical bulk before he can do things other than counter-killing mages and sniping fliers.

OvTci0W.png  BwCRhR5.png

Not much to do on this side before I Dragon Vein the levee away.

BYCLyoO.png  ssTEL7P.png

Reinforcements don't spawn from this little hidey hole, so it's pretty much only for aggroing Hana and choke pointing purposes.

E7yqXBK.png  bPcb45b.png

Doop.

PxK7fFr.png  3O8jrOK.png

I have Elise break the Levee so the right side can advance.

miuYWez.png

And Xander smacks a mook to aggro Hana.

AlB9dGY.png  iagwEdO.png

Right side ends like this. Note that reinforcements will spawn if you step even 1 more square forward.

Also note the pair'd up people below where Xander is, if you can see the map. That's Corrin & Jakob trying to bait both the mage mook and the 2-range axe mook at once, since the 2-range Axe mook tends to ignore Xander.

q6pgTUu.png

The AI is a bit random on how it positions for Attack Stance, so occasionally you can just snipe Hana across the wall and kill her.

0YJzWds.png

Missed Jakob's level up stats, but anyway I drop Shelter because you don't really need more than 1 or 2, and Xander has 1.

lEMyZbi.png

I dance Corrin up---I believe this is in range of the 2-range axe mook, and have Xander smack the Oni to death.

2ejP8Ks.png  sbq2sPD.png

You need to put in a lot of work to get Xander to the point where he isn't doubled by the faster units (remember the Falcon pair-up's 30 Speed), but Nohr maps tend to have slow as molasses units so you can usually get him to double the slower units fairly easily. Conquest has a deceptive amount of high Speed pair-ups. (Odin has Swordmaster, which gives 5, and Adventurer and Wolfssegner both give 4.)

sBncok5.png  urcR33T.png

This is a ORKO if I position'd Felicia first, but this is still from my original run (which crashed), so I'm doing tiny exp efficient stuff like this.

Irp80VK.png  H4iUp0R.png

+1 Atk, cheers.

ZpNq6xW.png  ZDvBf4X.png

Prepping the left side for the reinforcements.

BktdCKy.png

Niles is 3RKO'd but Bronze Bow means that he's guaranteed to need 2 hits to kill a mook, meaning he easily fills a Shield Gauge even if he started from zero for the third hit.

8nVWMQn.png  EBUpnBv.png

Remember how I said occasionally you get to snipe Hana? (Also note her hilarious Avoid---not really too much of a problem since you can just bait the 2 range units to their deaths and have Corrin choke-point the melee mooks + Hana to death, but it's a lot easier to just not have to deal with Hana at all.)

Shawf4B.png

Both hits land, so I have Corrin finish this mook.

kDEyZSL.png  C5XYJ5z.png

Then I dance her down to intercept the stragglers from Hana's pack.

f1TOrmJ.png  fNKmGD0.png

Very defensive level from Niles---he got this by counter-killing the mage reinforcements.

mxIBZHG.png  tN2DXqS.png

Pretty meh level from Odin. (This is from Guard Stance exp.)

tpBSFhl.png 

Falcon Knight jerks spawned, so I send Camilla to hold the fort and Niles to see if they were stupid enough to attack into him.

PDoB7G5.png  wU8kRNt.png

Corrin's holding her Dragonstone+ since I'm not 100% sure she sees 0% crit rates with any other weapon.

a86x8mC.png  kTAYB8U.png

I use Lunge for positioning, note the Elbow Room and Beast Killer---the Falcon Knights do annoying amounts of damage.

MEcWRIb.png  vMuhP1X.png

Other side only has Silver Naginata. But again, note the annoying amount of damage. (I mean, it's 0 on Niles, but he has WTA rather than WTD and isn't being doubled, unlike someone like Xander.)

mDVQxSY.png  h80amod.png

Lots of good physical bulk levels for Niles. If he gets enough I won't need Selena to be Bow Knight again.

HdwcuRQ.png

Right side ends like this.

1sJVIQr.png

Jakob smacks a mook.

Mz4RKwx.png  yTYx58D.png

It'll be nice if Azura gets level 35 for Foreign Princess, since it'll make the last Invasion map a tad easier, but beyond that her levels don't matter.

1M4gPro.png

Azura got her level dancing Jakob, so he gets to smack another mook.

RBzqUH3.png  YGB7c1M.png

Really want Corrin to get some speed. Swordmaster is nice as a class, but Nohr Noble is ridiculously good.

PHrmLp0.png  FbmLdt3.png

End of turn 7.

nJ1Hhdi.png  LFU1u6s.png

Just chucking random Axes. Hero caps Axes at B, so there's a decent chance I'll be swapping Charlotte into Beserker once I grab Sol. (She's very good at OHKOs and cleanup, so having Sol means that she can mitigate the hp cost she takes for 2HKOing mooks somewhat.)

1PMIE5n.png  sFKlMPB.png

Weird that she didn't get hp, but it has Str and Speed so I'm fine with the level.

fKtxec8.png  pf9YVym.png

Slow and steady wins the race. Note that Niles is baiting the mage mook with Vantage on the right side.

gXC91u4.png

It's actually kind of annoying to bait the blacksmiths, since my units have two modes:

1HKOd or taking 0 damage. (Corrin does both at once because of the bulk difference between dragonstone and her regular weapons---mostly because of the crit chance issue.)

lmfKoGl.png  lJ21g7o.png

It's some kind of law that only people with 60% Speed growths can't get Speed, I guess. Even Gunter managed to get Speed.

tY7r9OD.png  HhUx1TW.png

Not much for Leo to do since Camilla's the one baiting Subaki, so I have him take down the levee.

EWB8in6.png

Minor patching up.

7U7befo.png  7rQWEDA.png

Duelist's Blow makes it pretty annoying to counter-kill Subaki, but if you have someone with good mixed bulk you don't really need to rush the right side. (My original run didn't have anyone with good mixed bulk on the right, so I had to position everyone as close to the Levee as possible before bringing it down and KOing everyone except Subaki, who was blocked off from my squishier units.)

nmATvRN.png

Yeah... halving Bow damage occasionally doesn't really help when you're taking double your max hp in damage.

i6P861o.png  PDTuGiL.png

Not nearly as nice physically as Selena (or Camilla), so Niles won't be soloing Kinshi & Falcon waves, but hopefully it's enough to counter-kill Kinshis while surviving the odd Falcon Knight poke.

BfME1lV.png

Left side ends like this, with Leo and Niles each baiting a different mage.

88U2Pt5.png  cqfoHmt.png

Trying to bait the Blacksmiths without triggering the reinforcements, still. (The reinforcements don't matter too much, since worst case you just rush someone with high Def onto the fort below the blacksmith mooks, while everyone does a choke point thing in the place where we aggro'd Hana.)

8X40AmI.png  iZ1ajQj.png

To be honest I don't actually like baiting the puppet like this---Camilla can get away with it since she takes 0 damage from the Shuriken Launchers, but most other people will have bulk issues. End of turn 11.

ZXlo81X.png

Nyx kills a mook left side. (Corrin counter-killed one, I believe it was a Dragon Fang proc.)

5PPktoQ.png

I move Camilla away and have Leo murder the Mechanist. He'll get a replacement in a few turns, but doing this lets me thin out Sakura's box a bit.

Fp1oBhw.png  e8wkM9S.png

End of turn 12. Note how I have two people triggering the reinforcements left side---two just in case Sakura freezes one, meaning I have to pair-up to move.

DB3ypk9.png

Healing up Leo---pretty sure he did manage to counter-attack, it's just that Sakura healed afterwards.

5kdYlIZ.png

And I swap to Niles to murder this mook.

PD1SKLh.png

Slowly walking everyone into position for the bum rush turn. (Taking Shuriken damage the entire time.)

Uq2mqaH.png  WIKwnQR.png

Reinforcements spawned on the left, they're all 1 range losers, though, so it's pretty simple to deal with them as long as you remember Dual Club gives a bit of extra crit.

You need 28 luck with just a pair-up to see 0% crit, so best to have a Bronze Weapon as well.

C7ZKpbM.png  MyCzNWE.png

I dance Corrin for a second attack, which doesn't finish because of the doubled WTD. Oh well, I have Jakob trade swap Corrin into using Dragonstone+ before pairing him up.

WSOhPG3.png  AncWq2w.png

Doop.

ArCXZ33.png

Xander doesn't need a pair-up since he has enough Luck to see 0% crit thanks to his sword.

8YljPm2.png

The mook behind this one has a Bow, so be careful when handling these guys. (They also don't aggro when you hit them, only when they're in range to hit you, which is interesting.)

KWCMy5M.png  7Nt6uoG.png

End of Turn 14.

58rJu5G.png  x2mRFJ6.png

Gods this is a lot of Def out of nowhere. Niles went from more or less average on Def to being 3.4 ahead. He is like 2 Str behind his average, but he's also using Bows, meaning low Str isn't too hard to fix.

iQu4BAL.png  GsZvHwF.png

Leo got this great level from guard stance exp on EP. This is Mag capped and a lot of random speed. He's 3.5 above his average Speed.

In retrospect it would've been more cost efficient to chug Mag tonics and give Leo 1 less Spirit Dust, but whatever.

sqwL9PL.png

Note how the replacement Mechanist gets to move.

KbeIjLY.png

More mooks spawned on the left side, but they don't have 9 move or anything (like the random ass Falcon Knights), so we have another deal before we need to care.

mLOH3iQ.png

Randomly carrying a Naginata is pretty useful for Breaker and Dual mooks.

gduzgc8.png  NubIoA9.png

I'm not going to go through the trouble of finding out Jakob's average stats (because of the class changes he did, which affects growths), just know that he's hilariously blessed. Don't expect your Jakobs to be this bulky or this fast.

vc6DPrc.png

Dropped L&D because I don't really need his damage at this point---I don't need him at all in an ideal case, and in the worst case he'll be swapped forward because Corrin got too low, so he doesn't want L&D in that situation.

In the screenshot run I drop Tomebreaker instead, though, since by that point I realized there's no way Corrin dies ever.

JYcL70L.png

Doop.

xqt2s4h.png  HU3BX7s.png

Speed is pretty damn important (despite how Nyx is one of the fastest units on my team already), because her role doesn't usually give her the luxury of a pair-up, so she wants enough speed to double naturally.

Tfyban6.png  7sTprSw.png

I have no idea where Beruka is getting these levels from. Note how she has the same Str and Speed. She's ahead in Strength, by the way. She's also 1 Speed higher than her level 20/20 averages. (She's 5.8 Speed ahead of her 20/8 averages.)

Kind of tempted to swap her into Hero.* Wyvern Lord isn't that slow, so she'll only get 2 Speed from the deal, but Hp +5 and Sol are damn sweet, and it's even possible that she'll get Axe Breaker in time for it to matter. Main issue is that part where she'll be foot-locked.

*Beruka has Fighter as an alternate class---technically she can give any other fighter a run for their money, but the Wyvern line is kind of insane in how good it is, so you don't see her as Fighter all that often. She's has a bit less hp and Str compared to Arthur, but is comparable or better everywhere else. It's just hard to find a time when it's worth giving up the raw mobility a flying unit brings to the team.

E1YTnR2.png  

Corrin goes here to bait the new reinforcements. They have clubs and scrolls.

5h9Jyaa.png  1N7Pk58.png

Niles is technically in range to be attacked (but the Mechanist isn't stupid enough to go for it), so he'll be baiting out the rest of Sakura's staff uses like this.

1dBuFBR.png

Like I said, it's hard to get Xander out of double range of the faster mooks, but it's pretty easy to get him to double the slower mooks. Conquest is weird like that. (This is from Corrin's Draconic Hex, by the way.)

hZqBKtN.png  Oin2nQS.png

I'd like some more Speed, but honestly my team is freakishly Speed blessed already for whatever reason. With the one obvious exception.

VF2E8Jk.png  u161CIh.png

Doop.

gSDI1s6.png  SvxeDW3.png

The assault half of the map is basically over at this point.

xEOpTG1.png  5rtrmx7.png

Fast forward a few turns and Sakura's out of Freezes, so I start killing the Mechanist.

Scy3kfO.png  LuMThCL.png

Xander also does this stuff while we were waiting.

tujMlVC.png  asfBlOu.png

Corrin is a tad behind her Speed averages, but only by 1.25, unlike Selena. You also don't actually need all that much speed to double the endgame bosses, so mostly it's a matter of getting her the levels to kill them.

Swordmaster Corrin is a damn good endgame boss-killer, thanks to the truckload of Atk you can get. Swordmaster has 2 less Atk at cap compared to Nohr Noble, but S-rank Swords means that they actually deal the same damage, even ignoring crits---you get 1 damage from S-rank itself, and then another point of damage from the weapon triangle advantage giving 2 damage at S-rank. That said, for general use Nohr Noble blows Swordmaster out of the water, since it's only slightly worse at the sword using bit but also has other roles in magical weapon usage and bulky dragon tank.

g1ei3ua.png  PETQiFd.png

*Fake Celebration Noises*

A66hQGx.png

Like I said, it's weirdly easy to get Xander to double people despite the fact that he's doubled all the time.

pYRTijt.png

I also clean up here.

zTmjIUT.png  NPVvkRk.png

Fast forward a bit more and we use up all of Sakura's staves and are properly setup to bum rush the middle. (I think you can step one more square forward without triggering the final wave, but I'm not 100% sure and I don't need to step one more step forward, so I play it safe.)

cYMcwFo.png  xoMscto.png

It's actually kind of stupid how much Xander is doubling.

GNpLdsz.png  npN9vN5.png

I dance Xander to let the right side in.

BJOqfBi.png  2gqzUPs.png

Hate these Mechanists a lot, since there's no good way to kill them without triggering the last wave.

uOmIYoQ.png  IiUrSBK.png

Everyone's set up to begin the defense half of this map.

EUvnhHP.png  jH7L1fn.png

I skip the nonsense and have Camilla ORKO Yukimura with the Berserker's Axe.

Note that you take the damage even if you attack in Attack Stance, unlike Silver Weapons. It's still good as an Attack Stance weapon---since you can just sit at 1 hp the whole time if you're the type that's comfortable doing that---but if you're not a forged Silver is probably better, even if pricey as hell.

TdWjups.png  nPFq2Gj.png

This is Speed capped and I should mention that her recent levels have been very good to her. Camilla's basically ahead in everything, and that's kind of scary since her averages are pretty bonkers already. (She was leaning on the higher end of her averages the whole time, but it wasn't until the last few levels that the raw amount of stats she was getting pushed her into blessed territory.)

It's hard to get blessed when you average around 4 stats a level, but somehow Camilla managed. Her offenses are near their caps already, so if I do eternal seal her it'll be for bulk purposes. (She has more than enough skills to make a full kit at this point.)

nX476AG.png

Don't need Str+2 when I have Str+5 and Mag+5.

tZgRamB.png

Since the mooks will break this themselves anyway I might as well rush Sakura down while I'm here. (It's safer to move Selena right to handle the Falcons and have Camilla handle the middle, but AI Manipulation means I don't have to do that.)

iL7kAFX.png  ciw1JEs.png

Sakura has lower Def than Res, but also Voice of Peace, so you'll want your Attack Stance unit to be out of the range of the Voice. She fails her dodge and miracle rolls so she explodes.

S5KqNKp.png  T12o32H.png

Get some more Speed, please.

UBRfX9z.png

Doop. (He lands both shots.)

This is one of the very rare situations where Seal Magic actually matters, since it's all magical mooks that can actually hurt Leo on this side, and he isn't guaranteed to ORKO.

XCIuUcE.png

I move Felicia over here to heal Camilla so that Leo's getting the -4 damage buff.

L67a4M1.png  UPn7SI5.png

Corrin's in range to join Jakob to choke the left side, and most people are in the middle of the map so they can get where ever they need to (note the 1 square choke-point, the left half is amazing for choke point strategies).

sYEjPVv.png  lye6IZh.png

Leo gets this pretty meh level on enemy phase.

To be honest, the only stat that matters for him is Speed at this point. Which is kind of a very minor advantage for turning him Butler if I just hand wave the fact that I need to forge him a pretty crazy Bronze Knife to actually kill things. Which would cost 4k or so after you factor in the fact that selling Bronzes do get you 50% back, unlike basically everything else. If the Speedwings had more than 1 in the shop I'd just buy one and give it to Leo, but the fact that they're limited means I want to save it in case I need some extra stats for the endgame.

I also crash around here, so the rest will be from a my screenshot grabbing run.

rlvyLrb.png

Niles kills this Falcon Knight twice, thanks to Azura's dance.

eHFfsxh.png

Leo's done with his side, just like the old run. (He has better odds this time around since I actually bothered Rallying Skill for him, but it's still fairly lucky that he managed to kill everything.

4W91ecu.png

Heal'd Camilla to full. Felicia would've been better middle, since the bulk is shakier there, just like Camilla would've been better there, but eh. (The best move would've been Selena\Beruka here with Elise support, and Camilla with Felicia support middle, but whatever.)

AeRPg9f.png  dWhguWh.png

Note how I'm on an odd turn*, so this time I actually wouldn't have needed to use the AI Manipulation to make sure I don't get 2HKOd, since it's a 8 damage swing. I also didn't have any Res debuffs on me (from Launchers), so it's another 4 or 6 damage saved.

*You can plan for this if you figure out the spawn timing, but that requires multiple playthroughs of the same map.

ql8ih3N.png

Xander and Selena stalled for the one turn Leo needed to come in and own everyone, so I send him in.

aJBUG0Q.png

Xander and his random doubles. His shield gauge goes to full from this so his hp doesn't matter.

taLpWUQ.png  ylsDXOA.png

Niles and Camilla take care of the last Falcon. I'd like them a lot more if they had less mobility or you got to prepare for them. But their high mobility means that if you didn't know they were coming there's a pretty good chance you'd get caught out of position.

Et9vyiS.png  WRqoLqP.png

Only the Pass mooks remain as threats, since Corrin can hold the right side literally forever. (She takes 0 damage after Draconic Hex debuffs the enemies.)

Note how Niles is in range to bait the Bow puppets. (The only dangerous ones to Camilla.)

WRkDrYU.png

On our turn we finish the back half of the pair up, effectively finishing the right side. (Camilla kills the rest.)

nkjMHt9.png

More of Xander's random ass doubles.

wgeWR7a.png  E6QFVrM.png

He's low-rolling his total growths but he's also getting Speed, so it's a win.

13er1YS.png  30EbP7I.png

Like I said, 0 damage. If you don't have Festals just heal then Shelter or heal then dance in situations like this. Far pricier in terms of unit-turns but a tad cheaper in terms of gold since Nohr staves heal for more.

2GmfTuQ.png

This run doesn't matter so I spend like 20 turns giving all the exp to Charlotte just because I can. As an interesting note about stat growths and class changing on Lunatic, it doesn't quite work the way you'd naturally expect. E.x. If you go from 60% speed growths to 40% speed growths you don't necessarily lose .2 Speed per level on average.

If you had gotten .6 Speed on average per level then that's what would happen, but as an extreme case pretend you got 0 speed in 10 levels, obviously you lose 0 speed.

If you had gotten 10 speed in 10 levels then you'd on average lose 3.3 Speed. The speed you lose is [Levels you got speed] * (1 - [New Growths]/[Old Growths]).

Similarly, the levels you'd on average gain speed if you go to higher speed---let's say from 60% to 80%, is [Level you didn't get speed] * (1 - [1 - New Growths]/[1 - Old Growths]).

So you'd get 5 Speed if you manage 10 levels without a single Speed level up, but swapped to an 80% growth class rather than the 60% you were originally in.

tl;dr is that you'd lose more Speed than you'd 'expect' if you were blessed, and swapped to a lower Speed class, and gain more Speed than you'd 'expected' if you were screwed, and swapped to a higher Speed class.

Usually this doesn't matter since usually you don't get to see your future level ups like this. (You can reset maps to do this, but you can also just do child maps and get the levels + get a bunch of items & a kid. It's not like you need to min-max that hard to beat Conquest.)

C4WV1kF.png  e5lsJeZ.png

Nk5Tw4h.png  AzgaReo.png

1vNZaIH.png  j1mumTN.png

2W01tVy.png  7Ey45Eb.png

dLY6QDv.png  t6ShHdA.png

The gist of it is...

I'm not swapping Charlotte to Beserker unless she really needed the base stats or wanted more Axe rank, since she only missed 1 Str* between level 5 (when I'd want her to swap out), and level 9. She'd still be quite a bit behind in terms of offenses (missing 2.1 Str and 1.7 Speed), but 3 points of Def she'd get in those 5 levels are well worth the possibility of getting another point of Str, despite her being a tad Strength screwed.

*Hero has better Skill than Beserker and the same Speed, in terms of growths.

7ImOnTF.png  1kApG91.png

I took a lot less time in the 'real' run since I didn't bother feeding all the left side kills to one person.

Epilogue:

wJKH0dp.png  nbkvhqo.png

The map took long enough that I got an extra roll on the lottery, which basically got me 2k gold (assuming I use it), or 500 (assuming I sell it). The sell price on Fates stuff is really confusing since it's not just the usual buy at full sell at 50%.

oCqbS7S.png  20IxJU1.png

Odin and Niles went to A, which is great, since it means I can move Odin out of footlock whenever I want, and only lose 2 Speed rather than 6. (That said, Dark Knight does get 2 extra Str compared to Swordmaster, and a bunch of extra Mag.)

Stat Updates:

l4eagDp.png  smkMbJx.png

Corrin's basically a whole Speedwing behind her averages, but that doesn't really matter. (Swordmaster gives +4 Speed, and, like I mentioned before, basically doesn't have a Str penalty versus endgame bosses.)

aQEtsiR.png  B8wjZ87.png

Camilla capped Speed---unless I get Kaze or Keaton a Silver Statue, or switch her out of Malig Knight*---and Niles is surprisingly bulky.

*She'd have room for 2 more speed in Hero or Bow Knight, and 1 more Speed in Wyvern Lord.

uZmWu1y.png  peNIx5y.png

Beruka is still freaky fast, and Felicia is busy being Elise.

tI39Zmg.png  adnhcLS.png

It might be nice to get Leo Malig Knight somehow, but the only source is Beruka. Butler would be the best class to fill his slots if Malig Knight wasn't an option (and I do want Gentilhomme), but Dark Knight Leo's a pretty important unit in my lineup---Malig Knight Leo does basically the same thing, sans tanking bows, but Butler Leo is a completely different unit, even if I Arms Scroll him into Flame Shuriken.

Nyx is 3 levels away from Pass, which is great. (I'll probably still want Niles level 15 and Felicia S rank with him, though---it's expensive to duplicate units.)

hFd3sJh.png  oT6Z2dx.png

Charlotte didn't see a single level in the 'real' run, and Odin's still being Odin. I'm very tempted to make him a Bow Knight for the moment to grab Movement +1, though, so Swordmaster's foot-lock is easier to deal with.

InZIFxe.png  QMbptiC.png

Jakob is stupid fast again (lul 27 Speed in Paladin) and Selena's still completely screwed if we ignore her stat boosters.

akIuKar.png  b3aX3vI.png

Xander and Elise says hi.

FJ2tddz.png  S0UW4Ba.png

Same for Shura and Flora.

GYdaty3.png

And here's Izana's stats. He has Rally Magic and Rally Luck, which are decently useful, and his Peacebringer is a hilariously hard to use personal. In the best case it's an anti-melee only Quiet Strength, that said, it does have its uses when you're trying to control damage for captures and exp feeding and such. His class set is quite strange, though---he only has 2 magical classes, despite his bases, the other 4 are physical.

I'm fine with Flora's stats so I'm fine with his as well, and having 2 Rallies naturally means he's pretty good at supporting (if we ignore the whole -2 damage to allies thing).

13 hours ago, Armchair General said:

So, do you plan on giving Xander Luna?

Never tried it, myself. But I figured that an random 1.5x damage could help you every now and then.

Main issue is that you either keep him Great Knight, in which case his Speed problems become even worse (you turn him from possibly surviving one round from mages to probably dying to every single mage ever forever, thanks to 1 point less Speed and 4 point less Res), or you turn him back Paladin afterwards, meaning you paid 4k just for Luna.

It's fixable if you just feed him some Speedwings while keeping him Great Knight, but then I'm feeding him Speedwings just to get Luna.

I don't hate Great Knight Xander or anything---it does bulk him up even more on the physical side & give him a decent chance at one shotting stuff in exchange for being worse against mages & 1 less move, but you do have to make him stay Great Knight to take advantage of that. If it's just for grabbing skills I'd much rather turn him Bow Knight or something to get stuff like Strong Riposte or Movement +1 from the prepromote skills, and then possibly Shuriken Breaker.

8 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

So, are you going to reclass Selena to Hero, Wyvern Lord or something later?

Selena probably isn't staying Malig Knight, since she's mostly in there to grab Trample. There's not much point going Wyvern Lord since Malig Knight's higher Res is relevant for tanking and killing mages, and sword users are kind of a joke in Conquest. (So I don't care about Sword Breaker.) Not because their stats are low, they just don't usually have the right combination of traits to really screw with you---take Hana, for example. Yeah, two Rend Heaven procs kills everyone on my team other than Corrin (Dragonstone+ is a magic weapon, so it uses half her Mag for damage,* which is like 7 extra damage, not enough to get Corrin killed---Camilla and Selena can also do this, probably, but they don't debuff after combat), but she's also foot-locked with only 1-range weapons, so you can just deal with her however you want.

Master Ninjas have lower stats than Swordmasters, for example, but they tend to have far more dangerous skills like 40% post-combat damage and whatnot on top of being able to counter at 1-2 range.

*Edit: Mind, I'm not 100% sure Rend Heaven uses the target's weapon type to determine which stat it uses, but a Rend Heaven proc did ~16 to Corrin in one of resets for this chapter, and that feels too low if it was using her 28 Str. Since that would mean Corrin was taking basically 0 before the proc, which doesn't seem likely.

Hero would be ideal since Axe Breaker & Sol are pretty great for her, but it'll be hard to get Selena to level 17 in time, since I want to make her stay Malig Knight till level 15.

Edited by DehNutCase

Pretty easy chapter this time around---only difficulty was the part where I play'd greedy and swapped Corrin into Swordmaster for 5 levels. (Nohr Noble completely destroys this map.)

Still managed to get Elise killed since I'm pretty bad at positioning when I can't just use the threat range display. (Thanks to all the god damn ballistas.) Plus there's also a moral reset from Xander dodging a bow he wasn't supposed to. Edit: Actually, make that 2 moral resets, there's also something stupid I did that needed a 60% freeze staff to fix.

Will probably be a day or two before I post, though, pretty busy.

Edited by DehNutCase

Chapter 23:

Pre-Map Planning:

TlgWk51.png  VLSPYi8.png

I'll be honest, I have a feeling the difficulty will be going down rather than up for the maps after this, if only because my units are going to be flooded in stats for the chapters that matter. (+6 stats from Rallies and Tonics are pretty ridiculous.)

The map is pretty straightforward---it's basically a Birthright map, the difficulty comes from enemy stats rather than map weirdness. If you're willing to use a Freeze staff the only difficult pack of the map is trivialized as well.

Objectives: 10,000G, Boots, Goddess Icon, 3 Rally Mooks (technically 4, but more on why I'm not getting all 4 later).

The Goddess Icon is guaranteed, and the 10k & Boots are pretty trivial. The Rally mooks will be a bigger problem, mostly because 2 of the 3 are stapled to Hinata's pack, and those mooks are basically walls of stats.

XUDquzJ.png  VLSPYi8.png

The Rally guy is cool, and note how his stats are pretty damn good relative to my team, meaning I don't lose any combat for swapping him in place of one of my 2nd stringers. Also note how enemy units tend to have fairly high hp relative your own mooks, so they're quite good at being bulky as long as you're using the 2HKO'd = bulky definition.

2id2g1G.png  uzzgV9V.png

These guys are the real gems, though. Their bulk is 'only' 22 Def, 16 Res, but their offensive stats are stellar and being Spear Master means that they have an invisible 10 dodge, so they effectively have 31 Luck when it comes to avoiding critical hits. The main problem of using capture'd units is how they're all basically Arthur, but Spear Master mooks side-step the whole issue with their +10 dodge.

The S-rank in spears is also great for Dual Naginata stuff---WTA is 2 damage, 20% hit at S-rank, and dual weapons double that. (S-rank is also 3 Atk, 10 hit when using spears.)

They are foot locked losers, though, but you can't have everything.

D6vM0E9.png  yNYiK6v.png

The back side is identical, so technically you can grab 4 excellent Rally mooks on this map. I don't bother since it's a duplicate + it'd probably cost me a freeze staff to grab the last one.

nDHS3Iz.png  27zPnbx.png

Front side is typical Counter Archer we've seen everywhere.

VWr1T0W.png

Back side is this asshole. He has 14 more ATK than the front side thanks to using a better weapon & Life and Death. Don't forget the 18% crit. (If it wasn't for the fact that Takumi is even more outrageous this guy would be the Takumi of the map.)

Bz8amUV.png  mdLkHaH.png

Note the Duelist's Blow + Seal Def. It's so that you can't get around the Seal Def by counter-killing unless you have a lot of accuracy. You can just freeze staff him for simplicity, though. (Enfeeble doesn't work if you're trying to AI manipulate by making him do the least damage, because nobody else has Quick Draw, so he'll still have the best damage.)

Hinata doesn't matter. He has something like Sol + Armored Blow so he's hard to kill, but as long as you take care not to trigger his 50% counter most of your tanks should be fine to pull the pack. He even helps you out with Armored Blow---his 50% counter is only Axes, Swords, and Lances, so you'll actually have to try to drop him below 50% when he initiates on you.

Rzkqd33.png  ixIFsLv.png

This mook should give you an idea of the melee mooks on this map. Hard to counter kill + Lunge means that you have to take multiple enemy phase combats. (This is another one of those maps that's 'gently' nudging you to use offensive teams.)

1ACp0SL.png  Fc9VSt4.png

The Basaras are basically the Mechanists of this map. Technically they do things, but they're mostly on the map to give your under-leveled mooks exp.

oVarCFd.png  xufMbvI.png

Occasionally they have Rallies and such, but honestly, who cares.

puwdzt4.png  e5bmbIc.png

Typical archer mook. Very high crit (not even Bronze + Pair-up sees 0% at this point), and fairly high offenses to back the crit rate up. And also the whole counter to make killing them annoying & Lunge to make baiting them annoying thing.

HHwOJmg.png  Q5NysLv.png

S-rank bows means this is a Sword-breaker and Tome-breaker. Beyond that this guy's only an issue because of his 23% crit chance.

suJgwyz.png  NBneX4o.png

Takumi's Ballista has like 30 MT and 130 accuracy or something. Note how the ballistas cover basically the whole map. I don't mind the damage (I don't actually care about the bulk of most of my units), but I do mind how it makes getting accurate threat ranges so much more annoying, since you have to manually select people.

GbPiDpW.png  vl7k2Mm.png

Unless you do some Entrap Shenanigans you have to get onto the wall from the left 2 stairs, which leaves you in range of these Lunge mooks.

KRZikpb.png  Mo05M4m.png

Who occasionally have 2-range weapons & effective damage.

The fact that he Lunges with 2-range means that there's not a lot of squares where you can take all 3 Lunge combats and remain out of range of Oboro's pack. (But there is at least one---right to the left of the Ballista works, for example.)

pt8vUTn.png  eKQo4ro.png

Oboro's mooks also have Lunge, so if you fight one on EP you fight them all on EP. (I'm pretty sure Lunge completes even if you counter-kill if the back side is alive, but don't quote me on that.)

pCEiS1A.png  BtHVedM.png

Seal Atk is very interesting, seeing how it'll basically never matter.

TMKyjX7.png

Note how the front and back side both use 2-range weapons by default, so it's pretty easy to use these 2 to spam Savage Blow on Oboro's pack.

dVINKx3.png  EZndzSk.png

Oboro herself has Luna, Counter, and basically 50 Atk versus most of your units.

Best to chip her a bit with a 2-range unit and then OHKO to ignore Counter. (Note that Counter only works if you attack into them---it doesn't work if Oboro attacks into you. That said, I'm not too sure face-tanking Luna is a good idea.)

nEkmiar.png

Back side technically exists.

MkU3vd0.png  VVY0yfr.png

This guy also technically exists.

5gJJi15.png  Y8dD9B5.png

Careful with the double Seal & Lunge---don't fight too close to Takumi.

enSGFVO.png  lHLIk1J.png

I have no idea why enemy stats are so weird. Most people are actual threats and then there are entire classes that are complete jokes.

VOPvHqb.png  itSQcYd.png

Typical Sniper to round out Takumi's entourage.

eLokqhq.png  65lg3Tr.png

Say hi to Mr. OHKO.

He OHKOs your entire team.

You need some serious stat stacking to see 0% crit versus 26% base (unless you do stuff like using Vanguard's hilariously broken +15 dodge skill---Vanguard's DLC, though), and if you don't see 0% crit then he can just crit your face off with a special proc. (I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you do, in fact, triple special proc damage when you crit, so yeah.) Bowfaire means that he has 51 damage, and unless you can see something like 0 damage despite that he's probably fully capable of killing you in a single Rend Heaven crit.

He also has Vengeance just to make doubly sure he triggers specials all the time.

Your best bet is to ORKO him with someone that has a full Shield Gauge. (From killing his mooks.) Aside from that your second best bet is to have Corrin face tank him with Dragonstone+, debuffing with Draconic Hex, and then finishing him off by stacking enough Luck to see 0% crit. (Vengeance and Rend Heaven should do similar damage unless you really fuck up combat math and end up with Takumi at like 10 hp or something, so it should be only moderately difficult to make sure you're 2HKOd rather than 1HKOd.)

You can also just Enfeeble him, but that's expensive.

He does have 64% avoid and 30% from the gate, making it 94%, but you really should be seeing 100% hit rates anyway.

6EMLOqI.png

Like so. (Note how I'm using a Bronze Sword because I'm not a fan of getting my face shot off---Takumi does something like 24 damage on the counter thanks to his special proc.)

I can actually stack ~30% or so more hit on top of this if I wanted to, thanks to Gunter (I brought him this map) and Support Bonuses, so Takumi's another one of those bosses who happen to be far less threatening than their mooks.

F8taUhl.png

I'm bringing Gunter rather than Shura or Flora because his Shelter is more important than minor healing\debuffing utility, and you might notice that my lineup isn't at all optimized for this map. (Dark Knight Leo and Nohr Noble Corrin both do amazing on this map, and Adventurer Odin doesn't have the weapon ranks to use Iron---nor the Str to handle Raider.)

General plan was just to death ball my way slowly and steadily all the way to Takumi, Capturing 3 rally mooks on the way to fill out the bottom of my line-up. And that's pretty much what happened.

My Castle Stuff:

frrMs0Q.png  z8utp8z.png

Pretty meh rolls on both sides, although it's nice that the higher level'd lotteries give multiples of your random forging/cooking resources.

0IuIEkv.png

Str/Spd/Def +1 is fairly decent, but still a low roll, relatively speaking.

kmA3Elq.png  334Sc67.png

Enemy stats and skillsets are getting so good that it's a giant waste not to be abusing Kidnap\Capture at this point, so I upgrade the jail to max.

Kidnap, by itself, is easily servant tier, by the way. As in, you can stick it on Mozu and it'll automatically put her on the level of Jakob and Felicia. You'd think it gets worse in no grind runs since you don't have the maps to persuade or the resources to bribe, but it actually gets better since it's one of the very few inexpensive ways to get important skills and cheap stats into the team.

It's less good than Kidnap in a castle visiting run, but everyone else also gets worse in a no grind run. A good Capture is basically half a child map in terms of how much resources it gives, since the best Capture units are comparable to kids, except you don't have to do a map for them. (And doing child maps in a no grind run involves a really strange definition of 'no grind', so Capture ends up being the only source of cheap stats and skills in the late game in a no grind run.)

And if you do stuff like Castle Visits then Kidnap ends up being worth something like 6 Paragon scrolls + near perfect skill access, which is stupid good.

Resource Distribution:

uoidQ9G.png

R.I.P. over 10k gold. (Mind, my economy's a lot better than it looks since I'm walking around with something like 2 full sets of stat boosters and a bunch of vendor trash I haven't sold.)

w052xcC.png  T6q8JBM.png

I've pretty much seen enough of Swordmasters to know where to place them, now. tl;dr, they need boots. (Movement +1 from Outlaw doesn't count---you don't get it fast enough to matter unless you rush for it.)

They're basically just Charlotte (or class changed Keaton) with better availability. They dodge more counters and have more Speed, but unlike Charlotte they don't have 43 max Str, nor her Str bases & growths. On Corrin it's fairly decent for pair-up purposes (Swordmasters give +5 Speed and Corrin gives +2 Str/Mag/Def/Res and basically +10 Skill thanks to supportive), but Nohr Noble is too important for her to want to be Swordmaster outside of the endgame maps---which Swordmaster is great for, seeing how it saves her 2 Speedwings.

You don't really need a lot of Charlottes in the team---you only need one or two people who can consistently ORKO and the rest can leverage stuff like Savage Blow and Attack Stance to contribute the right amount of KOs, so they're one of those 'I'll use them if I feel like it' units. It's also better to have high Str than high Speed for Attack Stance since you don't get to double. (Charlotte happens to have both, but Keaton has a bit more Atk so they're pretty comparable for Attack Stance purposes---Charlotte is just better at the consistent ORKO lead-in bit, thanks to her Speed.)

SkwndjP.png  gefYV7P.png

Odin goes Adventurer to try and pick up another copy of Pass. Losing 2 Str, 1 Speed, and access to Iron weapons hurt, but he'll pick up some good skills in Adventurer. (And it's a lot safer to use Iron weapons when you have 2-range.)

Adventurer has fairly low skill, whereas Odin is skilled as hell, so it's going to cost him quite a bit of Skill level ups. But we're already at the point where stats don't matter anymore, thanks to my 3 new Rally bots after this map.

VashmYO.png  fT3jfAP.png

Corrin picks up Odin's Bronze. (I forgot about his Iron until the middle of the map, and Jakob picks it up from the Convoy at that point.) The second Heart Seal isn't a mistake, I went in expecting to get her to 15 and swap her out immediately---Nohr Noble is just way too important to lose.

VuJAfF4.png  2selqb8.png

Especially considering how Leo just lost 6 points of Def, meaning we don't have any decent mage tanks for Hinata's pack. He doesn't pick up a staff for the same reason he doesn't have a sword in Dark Knight. Namely, triple Spirit Dust offenses.

If we need his bulk he'll swap back to Dark Knight, if we don't we'll probably stay Strategist since he does pick up a tiny bit of extra offenses* in exchange for the massive amount of bulk he lost. (3 hp & 6 Def is no joke.)

*The extra point of base Mag doesn't actually matter, since losing A-rank tome access remove that 1 damage anyway, but his Mag cap does get a bit better.

The three class changes I did are basically the definition of 'greedy,' I sacrifice utility now in exchange for making later chapters easier, since Leo with Gentihomme & Inspiration would make dividing my team a lot easier, Samurai skills on Corrin would make her combat quite a bit better, and Adventurer Odin gets me another copy of Pass (and gets him +1 Movement from the skill).

Conquest is easy enough that you basically never need to make the 'greedy' play, though. My team's perfectly fine for the endgame already if we ignore the fact that Nyx is missing Pass and the fact that I'm missing a Hexing Rod, which should trivialize the endgame maps when combined together. We'll see.

qPc0jJl.png

Note how Gunter has 37 Atk. He has -15 internal levels, so technically he's an un-promoted mook. Yeah his bases are kind of stupid good. (I found another Beserker's Axe on the ground.)

He's ORKO'd by everything and only 3RKOs people if he's lucky, but that's more than enough combat for him to be worth bringing. (Camilla brings a lot of 3RKOs into 1RKOs thanks to Savage Blow, Rose's Thorns, and her crazy strong Attack Stance---Berserker's Axe cost hp even in Attack Stance, but when 80% of my team is ORKO'd sitting at 1 hp with doesn't even matter. It's not like the AI will be polite enough to not go for the guaranteed ORKO just to hit, say, full hp Hero Camilla.)

The Map:

FzjiTk5.png  D5OKxa7.png

Attempt 1, by the way. I'm pretty awful at positioning when I can't rely on the threat range display. (Thanks to the ballistas messing everything up.)

Reset Counter: 27

Anyway:

6egsw21.png  fRdqzTA.png

The mooks didn't do anything Turn 1, so I take it easy and have Xander fight the Snipers. 1-2 range Bronze Swords are pretty great, especially when you have someone giving you something like +30 stats. (Admittedly, most of that comes from the +15% hit, and the Skill\Luck to hit exchange rate is pretty awful.)

AVbO4yT.png

Bottom mooks moved forward when top mooks were pulled, so I send Camilla bot to start the KO train.

VAdmgY9.png

Jakob is using a either a Bronze +2 or a Raider Naginata for the Attack Stance, by the way. (And yeah, his stats are definitely more than good enough for the endgame when he has Samurai access, so that's that crossed off.) His damage is outrageous when he finally gets Odin's +4 Iron, although, unfortunately, not quite OHKO level.

9HC9TV1.png

Pity Savage Blow is based on unit location rather than target location, or else Leo would be overkilling this guy for like 12 damage or something.

84sM79i.png

Doop.

3I3zFts.png

Fishing for crits. (Rolling the crit would mean we ignore the Counter damage.)

m0AjWPv.png  1W6tjCT.png

Just fishing for a bit of extra combat exp. Pity combats cost so much hp on this map, thanks to all the Counters.

oKdKJKO.png  aHhF0Fg.png

Great level, but still no Speed. (That said, I'm pretty sure Corrin already has enough Speed for the endgame bosses, so her levels don't matter too much at this point.)

WeBIIHs.png

Pity most of the player phase damage is coming from Counter rather than counter-attacks at this point.

lb0XOaN.png  F5IzrSB.png

I unpair everyone so I have the maximum amount of unit-turn available next turn, just in case reinforcements spawn behind me. (From the 2 forts---nothing ever spawned there, which was a bit odd.)

KiUQIAT.png  tbX1cCi.png

Doop. The nice thing about offensive teams is that it's pretty easy to trade unit-turns for hp like this. (Since you don't need enough hp to tank the counter if you just kill the guy.)

Defensive teams usually have to pay hp to take combats since mooks don't attack you unless they do damage, most of the time.

iw9Di81.png  IUhT7MS.png

Pretty iffy level, but considering Jakob has 25 + 18 = 43 effective Str on top of his 27 Speed he doesn't really need stats at this point.

tysrO0S.png  VPiC7Qt.png

I do this to test if you get Counter'd between brave weapon hits. (Which you totally do.)

Kz4YlmQ.png  qc8Fx42.png

Bulk is what changing to Strategist chunks for Leo, so I'm okay with this. I'd still like some more speed, though.

r6GNiHL.png

Pretty okay skill, but Seal Magic is probably better. (Since it's easier to do choke-points if you can constantly debuff one guy you're not quite killing to have him clog up everyone else.)

dVvGvtj.png

Just setting up Inspiration.

9h6sYl6.png  qOSSwV9.png

Front line Felicia pretty much only cares about these two stats. But she also needs to be walking around with a pretty specific set of skills---which this Felicia doesn't have.

Still a good level, but I don't think she'll get enough levels for her combat to be too relevant.

fJDnKYQ.png

Doop.

epNIfFx.png  9dfIluL.png

Great level, especially the Speed. (Corrin's +5 is great for Xander, but she'll be out of Swordmaster before the end of the map.)

8xp0rsV.png

Swordmasters are all giant babies, honestly.

6WnThu9.png  nQ1ikH8.png

Azura gets this dancing Corrin. The fact that she gets a lot of combat stats means that she passes quite a bit down to her kids (and she can have two), pity about her skillpool. Sky Knight is pretty great, but then you have Sky Knight Azura running around. Voice of Peace might be decent if you can somehow make Azura have a kid who isn't made of paper, though.

766yoED.png

Low hp gaming, right here.

wzgn53P.png  bMP4g6h.png

Pretty much a perfect level, honestly, considering the stuff she's supposed to fight. (She's pretty much just a more consistent Xander in Nohr Noble.)

UTyRiWw.png

Vantage pretty much doesn't matter at this point, unless you're doing something like Life and Death Vantage Nosferatu Odin.

lpdzbag.png

Fast forward a few turns and I pick up Odin's +4 Iron from the Convoy.

gfM2dPs.png  9sEahRM.png

And also try various ways to bait Hinata's pack into me.

Vs7CxeQ.png  p45bWiB.png

None of my attempts work, by the way.

XrgHnzD.png  TfdZNuN.png

Not even this one.

32sl7Pz.png

Finally I go, 'eh, whatever,' and Rambo Xander in after giving him Rally Def, Rally Skill, and Azura's buffs. (He's supposed to die from the EP combats, incidentally---I didn't bother doing combat math.)

z5H7RT1.png  o0nkrO7.png

My team's scattered around the threat line and also very carefully not blocking the fort. (I wanted the reinforcement exp if more mooks spawned.)

lfcEcWc.png

Pictured, some scary ass Bow Numbers. (It's a bit better than this since Xander was fast enough not to be doubled with Azura's buffs, and Rally Def meant that he would've only taken 17 damage.)

Pity about how 17 damage is all the hp that Xander had.

Moral Reset Counter: 9.5

This is easily survivable if I just have him chug a Def tonic before-hand, though. (Or have Nohr Noble Corrin do this instead---since she doesn't take effective damage & she debuffs.)

SPwhf2R.png  BSXIr8w.png

Anyway, I run him back for heals and buffs. He has a turn because Azura danced him before being Sheltered by Gunter, which I used to chug a Vulnerary from the Convoy.

Amazingly, the Hinata's mooks do not chase me.

ZIFlXqM.png

So I buff Xander up and have him camp the Gate. (You don't quite have the move for this normally, but I gave Xander a bit of extra move by dancing him in threat range and Sheltering Azura afterwards.)

PqqblP4.png  2L7GQYU.png

I have no idea why Hinata didn't bother getting back onto the Gate.

s94uewR.png

After that I just slowly chip the group down until I can run in and Capture the mooks I care about.

8hY7NyY.png  n8WdqZY.png

Not a fan of this level, but it does give Xander a bit more accuracy.

pjoPPNE.png

You shouldn't depend on Aegis, so it ends up being more like a really bad Sol than anything else. I guess it's a less crappy Miracle if you're into having RNJesus save your ass.

Ll5J2u5.png

It's kind of weird how the mooks tend to wander a bit, but whatever.

nmgV9hP.png

Anyway, at this point I decide I have enough to just go in and wipe the pack while getting everything I want. It's a Lunge combat, incidentally.

Deciding when to just go in is probably the only hard part of offensive teams---everyone else can be fixed with proper teambuilding and resource distribution---but learning when to go in will probably need you to play on casual and just save before going in, and reloading if it turned out you didn't have enough after all. You could also just math out when you have 'enough,' but that tends to get pretty tedious.

vt5nkoG.png

Note the Beserker's Axe. Camilla didn't need it for this combat, but I wanted it for the Attack Stance + she wasn't going to be the one tanking hits on EP anyway, thanks to Takumi's 90 damage Ballista, so her hp didn't matter.

xRwUZRe.png  SUOoHuI.png

Str helps her do the go in and ORKO thing to setup my other combats, and bulk is bulk. Could be better, but Camilla already has more than enough stats for the endgame.

uIhogiy.png  oOGvx1o.png

Savage Blow dropped this guy, who was in the back, to 1 hp (he was low from fighting Xander in the turns before), so it's an easy Capture.

R6nMh3G.png  PluvSdr.png

Luck, Def, and Res give maximum bulk, since Luck is pretty important for Dodge purposes. (Amaterasu is also pretty good if you're a cheapskate like me.)

fznoJ24.png

Doop.

xiyTX2H.png

Chipping this mook for the capture---also note how Hinata's walled off from the rest of my team at this point.

LIRQoSP.png  WGJqCZV.png

Losing 2 MT from using Nyx's +3 rather than his own +4 hurts Nile's combat a bit, but I don't actually want to feed him too many levels this map, since I'd rather he get Pass at 15, and Niles is already 13.

zV2V7ya.png  VssttnV.png

Note quite maximum physical offenses since Luck gives accuracy, but close enough. Also Amaterasu.

1z4GDe7.png

Setting up Inspiration + trying to KO Hinata or drop him below half so that his 50% counter matters less.

P5oLRbU.png  ojhQ4OK.png

Didn't end up working, but whatever.

UZ1jnC0.png  F9oxACO.png

Next turn Hinata explodes.

Note his counter magic. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on Enemy Phase, so it's fine to bait him with Dragonstone Corrin.

FvF5k6A.png  RhJkZak.png

Bulk is more important than damage at this point for Corrin, since I'm pretty sure she already has enough offenses for the endgame. (After we consider all the stat-boosters we have lying around---offense levels do matter, but only in the sense that it saves us some Speedwings and such.)

kGFvQy8.png  gqm0Pvv.png

Vantage is more consistent than Astra, but honestly neither one is all that valuable. (I mostly only value offensive skills when I'm willing to reset spam to RNG my way through a map---and there's no real need to reset spam except for the endgame chapters, and even there the RNG is mostly on Hexing Rod.)

e3Q66Im.png  D3owQEX.png

Hinata's cleared up so I move on to the next set of mooks.

B2Ba3pt.png  UQVkgTr.png

Who, weirdly enough, don't bite. So I just run Xander back to full heal him before dancing him back in to smack a mook.

A07VHsk.png  D3owQEX.png

This is apparently the sign for reinforcements to spawn.

qFxEqoR.png  o2Gk7vw.png

The Masters of Arms don't really have threatening stats, but they all have interesting weapon collections.

Gg7cVaz.png

Anyway, 4 mooks popped out next to my squishy ass team (since Camilla straight up doesn't get to tank with Takumi's Ballista around, Leo's gimped, and Corrin and Xander are doing something else), so I need to smack them.

8XwsJ4e.png

I shelter Odin to free up a space and heal Jakob so he can take a counter.

iJglie4.png

Camilla spreads some Savage Blow damage + KOs a mook.

YYy6FbB.png  pns2BhU.png

saawO38.png

Exactly a OHKO, which is pretty important because of Counter. (So 2HKOs aren't an option without being at full hp.)

rHHGAbs.png

Pretty shaky hit rates thanks to the gate, unfortunately.

SesRw27.png

Good thing this side is guaranteed.

IkBX14O.png  EXGsSJu.png

The gate is out of range of the Masters of Arms so I'm safe to trade swap Leo into Horse Spirit with Felicia, who I heal to full. (He missed his first attack but landed the second.)

ITHS6Rh.png

Nobody can attack Elise so I have her Mend Xander to full.

ygNtHDt.png  csTD0P1.png

To be honest it's probably better to just force your way left rather than letting yourself get boxed in like this trying to handle both sides at once, but eh.

CcRfdvg.png

Lots of effective weapons on this side, hence why Dark Knight Leo or Nohr Noble Corrin would be great. Pity we don't have either.

cpHRfBY.png

Healing Camilla because I'm bad at sequencing. (I should've did the right side first, then the left side.)

ArJ5BFt.png

This combat is why I should've did the the right side first, since it leaves Odin in a vulnerable position.

PwyIkt5.png  PwyIkt5.png

Meh. Good thing Odin's in Adventurer for skills rather than stats.

ZB6yBNy.png

I have more than enough Locktouch, but it's better than nothing.

0ZFMt99.png

In retrospect I should've just swapped to Corrin and had her kill this guy---she can't be OHKO'd if I use Odin's Bronze Sword, and the Shield Gauge means she can't be 2HKO'd. I was mostly worried about Ballista damage but even in Swordmaster she had 23 Def, 25 after Xander pair-up, meaning she takes 6 damage total from 2 Ballista shots, which should've left her out of OHKO range.

m12fT2f.png

Instead I did this, which doubled down on how vulnerable the right side ended up being, since Jakob is definitely 2HKO'd and doesn't have a full Shield Gauge to play with. (I also wasn't 100% sure how Life and Death interacted with Ballista shots, since if L&D worked for those Jakob would take lethal on the first combat---fortunately he dodged the ballista shots.)

MBqePcL.png

So I ended up having to do this rather than just having Corrin kill the Spear mook.

Moral Rest Counter: 10.5

Even at this point it still wouldn't be a moral reset if I had Felicia's turn available, since I can try to Freeze again if the first attempt failed, but I sequenced wrong. (This is assuming L&D doesn't affect ballista damage, though.)

K1x02UP.png  L4Vmlr6.png

Got to love bringing level 11 unpromoted units to nearly endgame maps.

f9vzpwz.png

This was all that was left on the left side, so Leo finishes.

wFp1L1M.png  cFQuBDS.png

Don't like how this turn ended at all---it was pretty easy if I just sequenced + played it properly, but I ended up needing to use an expensive 60% hit rate option just because of multiple fuck ups.

TqFX7uL.png  SfYHMwD.png

Would like some Speed and Defense, but I guess more Mag doesn't hurt, even if Dark Knight is over it's Mag cap at this point.

1HtvHO2.png

This is far more important, though, since Jakob isn't carrying it anymore. I still want Leo in Strategist if I can afford it so that he can pick up Inspiration, though.

KfHFZhl.png

Healing Niles because the Master of Arms is using a 2-range weapon.

K7EeWsE.png  ryYEo4D.png

I could fix the imperfect accuracy by just swapping to Corrin for the Attack Stance, but I didn't care enough. (Since I could've just danced Niles if he missed, anyway.)

2JeTWen.png  ba0pGYy.png

This guy has the most important Rallys, so if you could only get one get this guy. The Amaterasu guys come with Skill and Luck, which this guy doesn't have, but you do get Luck from Izana (if you're willing to pay the Dragon Vein points), so it's probably better to get the Skill, Strength, and Speed Amaterasu guy if you could only get this guy +1.

Izana also comes with Rally Magic, which none of these Rally mooks have, incidentally.

GvG6Mz8.png  JOaUXPw.png

Normally I wouldn't do the Corrin combat, since she's .1% dead, but I didn't mind resetting this chapter anyway because of the pair of moral resets I got. This map is beatable without needing to do risky stuff, so I didn't actually like the way this clear turned out, hence why I wouldn't have minded Corrin exploding here.

29EVxKG.png

It's a good thing Camilla's stats are so freakishly high that she doesn't need a lot of hp to function, because god damn the ballistae are annoying.

qL7lBcT.png  aN5CcD6.png

The way Savage Blow, Rose's Thorns, and Leo interact is just silly.

EMteV9p.png  oHySVRx.png

Doop.

xkcTqFv.png

Note how I'm using the Killer Bow so that Camilla gets exp. (I wasn't joking when I said the Killer is on Nyx so that she does 0 damage.)

z2fca1x.png  T2xLbLC.png

Pity about her level. She's only on the team to get exp at this point, though. Once she hits 15 she'll be benched until the endgame.

p4I2Nel.png  brfozax.png

My turn count is pretty inflated since I'm too miserly to use staves on this ballista infested map, meaning it's Healing Descant + Fort healing all the way.

BkKTsAJ.png  PJZ0qw4.png

These guys have 1-2 range, but also no counter, so they're fairly decent sources of exp.

SVxTn4n.png  xS5u3lP.png

Basically perfect level, which is amazing. More important is how close she's getting to 15, though. (I really wanted Corrin to be Nohr Noble for Takumi.)

kY5yLa3.png

Fast forward a few turns where I let Healing Descant heal my team up a tiny bit---the Ballista takes a lot of the healing away---and I buff up Xander before having him smack a mook in this spot, which is safe from Oboro.

t0QO2D6.png  18RgSeG.png

Everyone's clustered around the left two staircases since I'm not sure how the aggro on the wall works. (Everyone is aggro'd to start, if you were curious.)

BgrP64L.png  F6DZSaB.png

So much Speed for everyone who isn't supposed to be lightning fast. (Xander's still fairly slow, of course, but you're not really supposed to get him fast through natural means.)

7X3PGix.png

I see this and Nope the hell away. Note how Xander didn't move since he managed the ORKOs on the Lunge mooks---I think he also managed to crit kill one of the stair blocking Basara, so it's really easy to get onto the wall now.

amZWbxl.png  cyEYbOn.png

Fast forward a turn or two and Oboro reset where she was, letting me leave Xander up here to finish the last stair blocking Basara.

60RwNsQ.png  SW35gaj.png

Took a few turns to move everyone right so I get the maximum amount of time to kill the archer mooks before dealing with Oboro.

qhodaCz.png

Mook has Counter, but the price had to be paid just to get in securely. (Leo is like my 2nd or 3rd exp priority anyway, since I want him in Dark Knight if tankiness is needed.)

32toT5G.png  3v38DGq.png

Occasionally you have weirdos with Amaterasu rather than Counter, so I have Corrin pick up some exp. (Note the Odin pair-up for doubling purposes.)

HbrfwfT.png  tlmXPy7.png

This one has counter, though.

n1GUEmD.png  cPV2qdq.png

Nyx grabs the boots and Niles grabs the 10,000G.

CQA6dmO.png  EJNOjvG.png

I heal Corrin up since she and Xander want to be full hp to function properly, but I'm fine leaving everyone else almost dead. I do heal Jakob as well, though, since him being able to tank a counter might end up important.

GVjwtvh.png  h6P9hwc.png

Note how everyone is unpaired for maximum unit turns.

A minor note if you're into offensive teams, if you're too lazy to properly calculate out the right position for all your units a good rule of thumb is strong units in the front, weak units in the back, and you start the KO train with your weak units after your lead-in unit gets their Savage Blow or whatever off.

Being in the back means that they have few options to attack, and being weak means that they have few options to contribute. You'd think this makes them harder to use, but it's actually easier, since starting with your weak units means that your strong units with tons of reliable ORKOs get to fix the possible bad RNG your weak units generate, and having the strong units in front means they have the reach to get to the combats that need fixing.

You can also just be lazy and have everyone with 7+ move, though.

GkXPXC5.png

Anyway, I go with my gut feeling that I have enough to fully wipe Oboro's wave despite 80% of my team being OHKOd, so I start off with Felicia. (Camilla is the ideal lead in, thanks to Savage Blow + Rose's Thorns, but she couldn't ORKO and leading with Inspiration is almost as good as Rose's Thorns.)

YBfIMIR.png

Post combat damage doesn't matter if you're already in ORKO range anyway. Honestly Beserker's Axe is probably worth at least 8k gold if you had to pay for it, so it's amazing that it's a free drop.

S3snZoJ.png  kTntTyA.png

I'm pretty sure Str and Speed are already capped, so bulk is the only thing that mattered for Camilla. I'm not going to bother using Eternal Seals since she doesn't need any more skills or stats to function---I might class change her if necessary, though.

ljtaXmL.png

This wiffs. (Good thing I'm leading with my un-reliables, so this is fixable.)

qmUR5Pb.png

Camilla is so damn convenient for ORKO purposes.

Yj6pvfQ.png

This was a misplay, by the way---I meant to swap into Beserker's Axe so that this was an ORKO, but Selena didn't have the weapon rank for Beserker's or Dual Club. In retrospect Camilla wanted Beserker's to KO Oboro, so it was just as well Selena couldn't take it, but eh. Also note the Savage Blow damage going out. (Being able to stack Savage Blow is a big part of why offensive teams can get away with some awful combat stats.)

BqTPp54.png

Like so. (Gunter's damage isn't usually this bad, remember that he has nearly 40 Atk with Beserker's. Peri's is just a very low MT weapon.)

v3ZVhwi.png  ROKTtXP.png

Typical Gunter level. He doesn't really need stats from his levels to function, though.

FJh9FBy.png

Gotta love random 2-range weapons.

v3IVMux.png

Danced Camilla for this to setup the last few combats with Rose's Thorns in a better position (her old spot was filled up) + spread even more Savage Blow.

Xy3RfxY.png

Like I said, technically Basaras exist on this map.

DuP8n36.png  dzULGiZ.png

Like I said, not quite a OHKO, but post-Swordmaster Jakob's offenses are really silly.

0r1BTxC.png  hRWQ7f1.png

Butler Jakob tends to have 24 Speed at this point, and Paladin usually 22-23. Paladin has 1 point worse Speed bases and 5% worse growths, so it ends up being about 2 points worse than Butler around now.

It's kind of stupid how blessed he is.

8IAvCQL.png

Cheers. Pity you need A-rank for Braves, because Jakob would be amazing with them.

cW47GKk.png  wbrmuff.png

Fast forward a few turns and we have this. Note how I'm carefully camping all the nearby stairs, just in case there's reinforcements.

Conquest just feels like the kind of game that would have map-locking reinforcements in it, doesn't it---like, I wouldn't be surprised at all if a reinforcement pack spawns on Takumi's platform, blocking the stairs, while a bunch of reinforcements also spawned on the lower stairs so you can't run below the wall with your B-team. Normally I'd welcome the mooks as free exp, but it's late enough in the map that I didn't want to risk getting RNG screwed if I were forced to rush Takumi.

The fact that I have 3 mooks Capture'd also means that exp matters a lot less, since they'll stiffen my team's stats by a lot.

yJ9Z95K.png  5pJoLUd.png

Pretty sure Corrin has a nearly full Shield Gauge, by the way. Otherwise this is retarded since a pair of crits would kill her.

tgTT4hV.png  pL2qRqx.png

Honestly this is like 50% of a perfect level, even though it looks pretty bad. Speed and bulk is all she needs.

j0WyFo8.png  aOZsJQ0.png

Corrin doesn't need stats anymore (pretty sure she has 4RKO on the endgame bosses, which is all that's needed), so I unequip Nobility for Swordfaire. The offensive skills can also be considered for dropping if you're into controlling damage (for Shield Gauge\anti-Vengeance purposes), but Bronze weapons disable them anyway.

eQHfvyg.png  GC036NW.png

I run Corrin down to class change her back to Nohr Noble.

o5qMyJw.png  72G9Aax.png

And back up again. For some reason this mook refuses to move, though.

JNe9lJN.png

So, you know, whatever. I smack him around with a Levin. It's a good thing Corrin's defense is so high or the 4% crit rate would be troubling. (Note that she's pair'd with Jakob for another +3 Def from his Personal.)

U7qb46B.png

Turn after I do this to completely fill Corrin's Gauge.

OLB1GtW.png  btdTEAW.png

These are some MonkaS numbers. Reminder that 8 + 7 (15/2 from Rend Heaven) = 15, and 15 * 3 = 45. And Takumi has 2 tries for that.

MOa7Kb1.png  AoIxVDS.png

Azura gets this level while I'm messing around trying to figure out a way to get less scary numbers from Takumi.

x3Y521g.png  btdTEAW.png

Who is just flat out terrifying. 10 + 18 = 28, so Corrin's like 20 points overkilled if a Rend Heaven crits. Even Vengeance would do 10 + 14 = 24, which is way more than enough if he crits.

(Takumi's been shooting Ballista bolts the whole time, incidentally, even on the turns where I left Corrin in range.)

WdDXVLM.png  jolMLQ0.png

Finally I go 'screw it' and use a Levin to debuff Takuni and his hilarious stats. 10% means that Dragonstone pushes the crit rate down to 0%, so this is safe on EP. I'm pretty sure the extra 1% Dodge came from Elise's C-rank support. (Camilla's A-rank also has 5% Dodge---which is lowered into 5/2.5 = 2, but I don't remember if Camilla and Corrin are A-ranked yet.)

6EMLOqI.png

And next turn we have this picture. (Takumi decided to shoot his Ballista again, by the way.) Either Gunter's Personal or Heartseeker (Leo's providing it), would've pushed the hit rates to 100%, so I just kill Takumi. 6 + 18 = 24 so even a Rend Heaven wouldn't put Corrin in serious danger, thanks to 0% crit rates, nor does the weaker 6 + 16 from Vengeance.

0FEvg0Z.png

The map would've been so much easier if Corrin was Nohr Noble the whole time, or if Leo was Dark Knight, but whatever.

Epilogue:

9CBQWgu.png

We had another lottery thanks to all the time I spent on the map, and we get a hell of a high roll. Another stat booster joins the pile. (Disappointingly, it only sells for 1k. So if you're gold starved rather than stat starved the lottery isn't that good at fixing the problem, although it does help.)

9ABl0to.png  sVd5uq2.png

Xander gives +10 dodge if you're A-rank and in Attack Stance with him, or +20 if you're S-ranked, so having your main female S-ranked with Xander is pretty amazing, seeing how it's basically 40 Luck worth of dodge. Corrin also gets Sky Knight from Azura. Just in case +4 Speed from Swordmaster isn't enough to double everything forever for some reason.

g0WGIIx.png

Felicia probably isn't getting S-ranked with Niles in time to matter, so my 3 Pass candidates are Niles, Nyx, and Odin. They'll probably be the top exp priority after Leo.

1lsvmqV.png

Say 'hi' to our prisoners.

zluOu65.png  o0tUA7K.png

Who have some god damn amazing skills and stats. Remember that Spear Masters have Lancefaire, so if I somehow feed the Spear Masters 4 levels they'd get 5 more Atk, and their offenses are already near the top of my team.

And that's ignoring their stupidly good support with Rallies & Amaterasu. Bribes cost ~30 minerals\food for these guys, so it's pretty hefty if you didn't do a lot of coliseum, wasn't lucky with lottery\Keaton to grab the resources you're missing, and don't visit castles. Just don't ignore Keaton if you're not visiting castles and it's only moderately difficult to bribe, though.

ktVkHiP.png  duOKgJG.png

Like, honestly their stats are pretty comparable to Odin and Jakob's, and their skill sets nearly as min-maxed (just support focused rather than combat focused). Kidnap is stupid good.

13 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Interesting maneuver.

*Spoilers* I probably won't be using Pass at all. *Spoilers*

Pass is mostly for 1 or 2 turn clears for the final map, when you're low on budget and usable units but happen to have 1 really strong unit (if you aren't a masochist Corrin easily fills this role) and Hexing Rod. Hexing Rod is only available as a 1,800 point reward for visitor points in Conquest, IRRC. I have like 800 visitor points right now.

I'm mostly leveling my pass mooks as a backup plan in case I decide I'd rather do 250-340 castle visits than actually min-max my team for the endgame maps. (Hexing Rod works vs. Dragonskin, IRRC, but I already have a plan for taking on Takumi's 75 hp worth of Vengeance without needing to trivialize the maps with Hexing Rod and Pass abuse.)

On 4/13/2019 at 12:10 AM, DehNutCase said:

It'll be nice if Azura gets level 35 for Foreign Princess, since it'll make the last Invasion map a tad easier, but beyond that her levels don't matter.

I feel the need to correct this - Foreign Princess does bugger all against Invaders/Vallites. It only works in battles against other castle teams, which have the designation "Foreign Army".

On 4/17/2019 at 10:10 PM, DehNutCase said:

Reminder that 8 + 7 (15/2 from Rend Heaven) = 15, and 15 * 3 = 45. And Takumi has 2 tries for that.

I should have stated this earlier, but the stat Rend Heaven uses to add damage depends on what type of weapon the user is using (it uses Strength if the user is using a physical weapon, and magic if the user is using a magical weapon (mostly tomes, since most magic weapons cannot crit or trigger offensive skills). Meaning worst case scenario, Corrin would've been exploded (8 + 18 = 26; 26 * 2 = 52).

Edit: Forgot about the dual guard in that screenshot. 

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, Armchair General said:

I'm pretty sure that the reason why the AI is hard to bait on this map is because of they want to be within range of the ballistas.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Xander was in range of Takumi's Ballista for this screenshot.

XrgHnzD.png 

Takumi's Ballista is only 30 MT, so Xander wasn't going to care about it anyway.

Mind, the 'right' way for my team to do Hinata's pack was to just abuse my better mobility and kill all of them in one player phase (since I can threaten them without being threatened back), but it would've been pretty shaky for me to grab the 2 Rally mooks if I went down that path, hence why Xander charged in to thin things out a bit.

On 4/17/2019 at 10:10 PM, DehNutCase said:

Takumi's another one of those bosses who happen to be far less threatening than their mooks.

You ask me, that's selling him rather short, given the massive game of Russian Roulette you'd have to play when engaging him, which is pretty unnerving when losing means needing to redo the wall over again, which SUCKS. The only mook that's anywhere near as threatening is the Life and Death Sniper in Hinata's pack, which is optional to engage (personally, I don't bother trying to engage them - the wall is troublesome enough to deal with). Xander is about the only unit who can null his crit chance (without using the Vanguard 's +15 Cev skill, which is DLC, at least) - though you'd have to make him fast enough to not get doubled, and the hit rates are liable to be rather dicey.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Another fairly easy chapter, although too bad Camilla got like 10% of what feels like a hundred mooks or something on this map. (I did get both Nyx and Niles to 15, though, and Selena's bulk is pretty great again---too bad her offenses are forever dumpstered unless I staple a Rally bot to her.)

I also feel kind of stupid now, since this map had like 20 Pass Falcon Knights I could've used. (You'd still need to train up your own pass units in no castle visit runs* & the ones you train up get +1 move, but in a run like mine it's pretty easy to just capture like 6 on this map and be set on Pass forever.)

*Since it's kind extremely useful to have your jail free before you do Ryoma's map.

Only got like half a moral reset (not expecting Hinoka to change winds before I use a dragon vein meant that my turn 2 was 40% awful) for the run, which was nice. No crashes or normal resets. Like always now that my free time's pretty limited again, gonna be a while before I post the chapter.

Chapter 24:

Pre-map Planning:

p24V567.png  qspIOQ4.png

Chapter 24 is probably the fairest way you could do a map with a bunch of reinforcements, since enemy stats and skills are well within the expected range from just looking at the map. There aren't random ass Lancefaire + Trample combos, for example, nor random ass pair-ups that give a ton of stats while also disabling Attack Stance. All reinforcements come unpaired and with very reasonable skills (you've either seen them already in pre-map planning or have plenty of turns to prepare for them if you didn't), so the map is pretty much just a freebie to grind your team up to par.

Assuming, that is, you don't just cheese it with like 4 bulky ass units and end up wasting 80% of the map's exp due to Lunatic's exp cut-off. (If you aren't just cheesing it I'd suggest leaving units unpair'd as much as possible---unit-turns are quite tight due to enemy density.)

Hinoka's extra 4 move to fliers and 3 or 4 less move to non-fliers doesn't really do much except make the map 'smaller' from a piloting perspective. If you've played FEH before it's pretty much a FEH map. That said, I didn't expect her to use her Dragon Vein before I used one---my original plan involved just playing with default movement the entire map---but it didn't really matter once I adjusted.

Overall, if you have everything the game expects from you at this point (that is, decent basics in stuff like resource distribution and management, as well as good team building and piloting skills), this map shouldn't be any trouble. If you don't have the stuff the game expects from you then you probably shouldn't be playing on the difficulty you're on---unless you happen to enjoy reset fiestas, in which case you do you.

0ksdBng.png  WCdtFZm.png

The Kinshi Knights tend to have Bow Breaker on this map, feel free to kill them with bows anyway, though, since it's pretty easy to get near 200 hit if you know what you're doing.

This first pack is a bit annoying since only fliers can reach them before they can start sniping down your team, but not having Air Superiority means that fliers can KO them pretty reasonably if you knew you had to.

fGo3fzq.png  f4HZffZ.png

It's not like they never have Air Superiority, though, so double check before you plan out combats.

bNMDUOW.png  a5dQvT4.png

Mages tend to have Vantage on this map, which is interesting, since 24 Speed, 39 Hp, and 13/20 or 13/21 bulk would have real issues surviving against base level Mozu at this point, considering Mozu could be using Camilla for Attack Stance on top of Savage Blow and Rally Strength.

sTyHyq2.png  1dmU4ii.png

Chieftains are far more interesting with excellent damage and physical bulk on top of Seal Speed if you fail the ORKO.

8LZuHRT.png

Their tome side is a bad joke, though.

cQfnvxP.png  uY8WTni.png

Seal Res is far more interesting than Vantage, but it still suffers from the problem of needing to survive a round of combat to trigger. Mind, unit-turns are tight on this map, so it's quite possible you'd leave a straggler alive, but Seal effects aren't really dangerous unless there's other people still alive to take advantage.

R1WL30q.png  RqCt3EP.png

35 Speed is interesting, same for Seal Strength, but ~60 bulk on both sides dies to 2 40 Atk mooks in Attack Stance, and Gunter has 40 Atk after Elbow Room. And this is ignoring stuff like Savage Blow and Rallies and whatnot.

jRIjPzQ.png  lXxRSGA.png

These guys have Shuriken Breaker, which is more for being able to hit you than being bulky versus Shuriken, I'm assuming. (So that you can't just dodge tank mages with a captured Master Ninja---on offense neither Kaze nor the capture'd S-rank Dagger Master Ninjas would have any trouble destroying these guys, thanks to WTA, and Butlers\Maids have Tome Breaker.)

ykWUfQw.png  EIKG7NA.png

Occasionally the mages have Malefic Aura. Which shouldn't matter at all at this point.

mZZfDTC.png  HANe7L9.png

Falcon knights tend to have pass on this map, but their offenses stayed the exact same as back in Sakura's map, and their bulk got worse since they're not using Guard Stance, so yeah.

r78om6j.png  ytmjGM0.png

The Bolt Naginata mooks actually have worse offenses now, since they're missing Lancefaire.

2S8bvLS.png  VOLsYbf.png

Occasionally the Falcons have the half non-axe, sword, lance damage thing. Which is pretty annoying when it triggers if you aren't using the right Attack Stance and don't have the speed to double, but without the skill they'd be OHKO'd by literally everyone with a bow, even before Attack Stance. So yeah, not exactly threats on the bulk side.

INUfCeB.png  ZGQdfgY.png

Certain Blow is interesting, and it's nice that they have a 2-range option. The map being the way it is non-fliers shouldn't be a threat ever, though.

QcY0zbR.png  LUdReww.png

6 Hexing Rods for some reason. Not sure why they didn't just give Azama Staff Savant, to be honest. Also note the Counter, but he has a weapon now, so it's only 100% when you smack him from melee.

hL186T9.png

The Hexing Rod AoE is pretty huge, but because of how this map works he shouldn't be a problem unless you're doing low turn count stuff.

XzbGZEx.png  vYe9CU3.png

Sol and Luna for Hinoka, as well as 39 speed on offense and fairly decent bulk.

ySVtgys.png

Backside has 54 or so physical damage and a bad joke for magical offenses.

Hinoka shouldn't matter at all unless you're doing low turn count stuff, since 2 versus 15 or so isn't really winnable.

EwPdHKD.png

Shura's pretty nice this map, but Odin being Adventurer means we don't really need him. I dropped Elise because keeping her safe versus high mobility fliers is more trouble than it's worth, and I'm not using Gunter because my capture'd mooks are just better in every department other than mobility. It's the Str, Speed, and Skill lance mook, incidentally. In retrospect running double Spear Master might've been better, for the extra 4% hit from Rally Luck.

Overall plan was just to death ball to Hinoka, until I actually started the map and she started spamming 12 move fliers at me. At which point the map turned into Chapter 10 lite where I send just enough units to handle every single wave while pushing forward.

My Castle Stuff:

Mh5CU6S.png

This is Niles. Not too relevant since he doubles everyone on the map already, but it does mean that I can be a bit lazier about positioning him for rallies since the Speed surge meant I didn't need the Rally Speed for him to double everyone. (I did the map on his birthday, incidentally, so he also got a bunch of weapon exp.)

y2yMtav.png

Camilla went to A from my room. Pretty nice since Rose's Thorns means you want to be standing next to her anyway, and even being in a pair-up still gives you 2 dodge from the A-rank.

HGN35nx.png  MJb7Vr0.png

Pretty average rolls. I should mention that I got +1 to Skill, Speed, and Def initially, before going off and doing Castle Visits for some minerals, which reset my food hall.

96xFZDd.png

My team is mostly physical, so the Mag +1 matters more for healing than combat, and even there not much, thanks to Amaterasu.

ySOy3T0.png  ZEUvBzl.png

Turned out it was more like 50 minerals to recruit these guys, which is fairly hefty if you're in a rush. Trying to persuade does lower the bribe cost, though.

zjtzYMc.png  jdTnTyb.png

The master of arms being so cheap is a combination of the fact that he started a tad cheaper and also because I tried to persuade him 2 or 3 times already.

If you're in a no castle visit run it's best to capture a ton of redundant mooks so you can just bribe the cheapest one. The rally bots are hard to replace with another capture'd mook, but at least the Master of Arms is the cheapest one.

Resource Distribution:

UZSWP8d.png  fwj4vor.png

Picking up Pass for Niles. Bow Knight is significantly better than Adventurer in all the bits that Niles cares about, but I doubt I'll be swapping back into Bow Knight---since missing a few points of stats here and there simply doesn't matter.

F7ex6Vq.png

Adventurer gets staves, so I gave him the almost broken Bloom Festal I still have lying around. Niles is a tad Strength screwed and a tad Mag blessed, so Shining Bow will actually be pretty good for him once Nyx is done with it.

oBJu6Jw.png

Picked up a candy cane, so I gave it to Nyx. I'm slowly running out of healing staves---I might actually have to go grab the Mend from bp/vp rewards before I'm done with Conquest.

6GTZnqm.png

Just reorganizing my healing staves.

3JDdrdi.png  W1EPbph.png

The rally bots are here to support, but there's a bunch of good bp/vp weapons for offensive teams, so their player phase is quite good for Attack Stance or me being a lazy ass purposes. I gave the lance mook Blessed Lance so he can self heal, and then forget about it the entire map---with the lance mook at half hp pretty much the whole time.

AAB3VrH.png

I'm not bringing this guy, but he gets a full kit anyway.

XDbkjNq.png

Gave Corrin Nobility back since I'm not doing Vantage Shenanigans and Duelist's Blow is really low value now that I have Amaterasu for sustain.

FNtWh5G.png

Camilla gets Lunge over Shurikenbreaker because there aren't any daggers on this map. Strength +2 or Good Fortune are also contenders, but Camilla has enough sustain and offenses from just getting rallied.

hu1OQo7.png

Jakob's list of skills is so damn huge at this point. Anyway, I take out Defender for Astra to make him min-maxed offensively. He won't on the front side of a pair-up much because he doesn't need it to murder people, so Defender isn't really needed. (Gentilhomme would've been the other consideration over Astra if Leo didn't have it.)

The Map:

520Wleg.png

Starting off with a Rally because I was planning to counter-kill some mooks to start.

viK4rvx.png  NIWdmNH.png

It might've been better to have Leo counter-killing the left side rather than Odin---since he can actually kill the Oni Chieftains---but Odin needed the exp more.

ENXYhEp.png  PBfuUfP.png

Decent start, and the only decent level Odin gets on this map, I believe.

IFt8wAj.png  fidlmMa.png

Movement +1 is still amazing, by the way. I'll be needing Locktouch next map since I'm dropping Nyx (she's 15 by the end of the map), but on this map the only loot is Speedwings from Hinoka.

bKJXBAe.png  RHE5JrI.png

Niles is pretty damn good at his job at this point, sky high Speed meaning he doubles everyone, and his bulk is more than good enough on both sides. Atk would be an issue if Bows weren't so stupid good in this game, though.

jeu9Z1z.png  mAgqalp.png

And then turn 2 starts and I feel sad. My units weren't positioned properly at all for this.

qutULea.png

4 move horses are such feelsbadman when you're using their sky high mobility to compensate for the fact that you're a lazy bastard when it comes to positioning.

ncpxCbO.png  nKUgI3j.png

I make him hold the bottle for Dodge and Rally up Selena. (In retrospect Selena should've gotten the Skill Rally, and maybe even another forge on her axe + the Luck Rally by replacing the MoA with the Spear Master, but I couldn't do the last 2 without resetting, and I didn't need to.)

8A15I5b.png

Not good numbers at all, accuracy wise. If I knew this was coming I probably would've gave Selena Corrin, which would easily hit 100% hit rates with better rally usage or another forge level. It's fixable even if I miss the ORKO, I believe---since I had a ton of unit-turns left---but let's call it half a moral reset anyway.

Moral Reset Counter: 10

FF9MvNJ.png  GMrqzrw.png

Unlike Odin, Selena gets some pretty great levels on this map.

wNjQe12.png

Doop. Ideally Beruka would've taken this kill, but I think I'd need her Malig Knight to survive the Attack Stance combat, whereas both Camilla and Selena can naturally survive a Steel Yumi + a Mage.

tl289XS.png

This is the surviving Kinshi, by the way---the damage is from the 2 stacks of savage blow. Camilla and Selena are both bulky enough to survive, so that's these flying jerks handled. (If I didn't handle the left side fliers my entire team would've been under threat, thanks to the fliers from top-side.)

xxexiTK.png

Healing Niles + setting up for the enemy phase combats vs. fliers.

zhA3VZA.png

These 3 are down here because I had to dance Camilla to get her in range to kill the Kinshi---like I said, wasn't in position at all to deal with turn 2. Azura's fine for a single bow hit and she's way too fast to be doubled, so it's fine to leave these 3 down here.

I do wish they were further up to contribute next turn, and also that I had less units pair'd up (unit-turns are pretty important when high enemy densities are involved), but that's just me paying the price of not expecting the turn 1 Dragon Vein.

k7tvHIP.png  Dh9FEE6.png

The non-flier mooks only have 3 move, by the way, so they can't threaten anyone on my team. As you can see all my vulnerable units are in safe spots, just a tad badly positioned because there's pretty much no way Azura and her 2 buddies can get far enough top to contribute next turn.

Q0Kqriz.png

Camilla does this since Selena doesn't have the hp to tank another round of combat, which basically handled the left side, meaning I only need to do the top side and we're good for the whole map. (Once I finally found the unit-turns to unpair everyone---only paring back up for EP combats---the map was trivial.)

kFRpZk3.png  55kJqiJ.png

Well, that was annoying. (Aegis proc'd.) As you can see it's pretty easy to just force a ORKO through Aegis, though---a few more Atk on Nyx or Niles and the Falcon would've needed 2 procs to survive.

pmUBw1Z.png

Selena's too far away to contribute to any combats further up, so I fly her here to grab Leo and have him kill the Falcon.

rCQDsV2.png

No way this guy makes it top-side to contribute, so I rally Beruka, who could.

zQgn7ms.png

Being pretty careful since the Falcon does survive if she procs her defensive on Nile's Attack Stance, so I didn't use Beruka's Axe (which would've gotten Beruka doubled).

iwXUWOc.png  GlwjkKm.png

No proc, though, so Beruka lands the KO, getting her a fairly typical level for my Beruka, but a very odd level for Berukas in general.

keqtxYE.png

The KO here is like 2% shaky, but Jakob lands a Astra Crit because why not. (He KO'd with the first of five hits of Astra, thanks to the crit.)

1chS0UL.png  faEwgAn.png

I knew a mage was going to smack someone on my team, so I make Beruka hold her Dual Club before having Xander OHKO this mook.

KSzsuyL.png

Doop.

r7eNAiK.png

And Doop.

T3YA1Fz.png  DvEOnEy.png

Everyone can survive one hit from a mage top-side, and note how the spear mook is in range to get smacked bottom side. The Oni Chieftain's magical offenses is a bad joke, though, and he's holding the Guard Naginata. (It's a pointless combat combat speaking, but I had him there to separate Leo and Selena---note how they're unpair'd now.)

LgyYf0Z.png

Everything's back to normal on turn 4, so it looks like 2 turns of high winds per dragon vein.

yll0hX6.png

Doop.

vYpAp9Z.png

Bows vs. fliers is real stupid in Conquest.

Bcbh4BZ.png  fFYZFIa.png

And now starts Odin's parade of bad levels. (He has more than enough stats to function already, though---Swordfaire or just using Bows in general fixes any offensive issues, and his bulk is good enough for counter-killing purposes even if you can't have him hold the line.)

edT7QMf.png

Unequipping Astra for Lucky Seven is better, but both are skills I'm not really going to use. In retrospect I could've used Vantage as an EP duelist's blow, though, since the Kinshis love suiciding into enemy bow users.

mXqmFOj.png  IkMt0rv.png

Just Niles being Niles.

T4NTw95.png  sVHJBkk.png

Nearly perfect level, although his Def is good enough now that getting more would let him branch out into fighting non-Ninja physical mooks.

TSLc9zI.png

Cheers.

p4cs5kq.png  QY6K9k4.png

Also cheers, since it's another copy of Pass. It's pretty expensive to bribe without castle visits, though, so capturing just for pass probably isn't worth it in no grind runs.

HEPdYQV.png

Doing a rally to start things off bottom.

T2b7DiX.png

Doop.

NQO3yN0.png

One nice thing about the Kodachi is that it doesn't lower your avoid (actually increases it thanks to the +1 speed), so if you're having Jakob do Ryoma things with it he's actually pretty dodgy most of the time.

2SXO27i.png

Leo is so randomly fast this run.

jn5jmr1.png  439WFde.png

Basically all the stats he cares about, honestly. Skill isn't really an issue for someone with Heartseeker. (More hp would be nice, of course, but not vital.)

E3wKBsX.png

No point for anyone other than our 3 rally bot to hold rallies at this point.

bIETBn1.png  zjMWNGf.png

Turn ends like this, with Leo ready to counter-kill some mooks.

EOszoW0.png

Turn 5 the winds start again, so I guess it's 2 turns on per activation.

4xyWN1J.png

Doop.

vitLFvL.png  ke7WwQV.png

I rally'd (and danced) Camilla before sending her top-side to murder the two Silver Naginata Falcons---her bulk is too high for the Bolt Naginata mook to fight her. She heals to full from a Sol proc, which was nice.

QJ5COUl.png

Healing Selena in case the Bolt Naginata Falcon decides to go on her.

mH3HpzZ.png  4O7v4Mk.png

Niles is baiting the mage coming in from the middle, Leo's down bottom trying to bait the Kinshis---one of them decide to suicide to Jakob instead, incidentally---and Camilla's up top to counter-kill the other Silver Naginata Falcon.

dFTFQsF.png  Al5EUgi.png

Jakob got this level from the Kinshi suicide, incidentally. I'd like even more speed, but honestly his stats can do whatever they want at this point.

fB5FxPl.png

Doop.

6B8Bd1T.png  K8uTZjb.png

Meh, it's not like she's on the team for her stats.

sH7NYWY.png

Rallying Odin for some delicious enemy phase exp.

B2wKTTY.png  GHSAaG6.png

Map is pretty smooth sailing the entire time as long as you handle the reinforcements promptly, which is mostly a matter of knowing how much is 'enough' to handle a wave and not sending too much or too little.

LTOAakh.png  Unrs6Lg.png

Note the normal mobility on the mook, it's turn 7 so the wind's gone. (I'm leading with Camilla because leading with her makes combat so much easier---for efficiency purposes someone else should be getting exp in her place, though.)

NqN7TE0.png

Doop.

WFJCm4S.png  Q3lHDSj.png

Not as awful as some of Odin's other levels on this map, but still bad. (Mind, a big reason for his bad levels is that his skill level ups have nowhere to go, since he's capped.)

2R1VkBT.png  nmDVrxS.png

My second---and last---capture of this map. Didn't bother grabbing more Pass mooks since it's fairly pricey to bribe and I have 3 people gunning for Pass already.

cZDBQgJ.png  iXKJLtw.png

Missing the +1 move from Outlaw is annoying, but if you allow castle visits bribing is probably way less annoying than trying to get a bunch of copies of a level 15 skill.

9sBogdo.png

Just spamming rallies whenever I feel like it. (Most of my guys don't actually need them, so I mostly Rally when I find a combat that does---Beruka needed the +4 speed to double.)

fW6HE19.png

Everyone on my team is so fast for whatever reason, so enemy hit rates are kind of sad.

qOGm0zY.png

Doop.

IwqiC0Q.png  7kQxbWx.png

Meh.

ve7d7pL.png

Niles got this from the Attack Stance. (Thanks to his birthday weapon exp.) A-rank gives +1 Atk and unlocks the Crescent Bow---which is a Brave Weapon that halves Str after attacking. Crescent is bad or anything, but for 8k you could also just forge up a +4 Bronze or +3 Iron (or, if you already had one of those, give them another forge level), and it's also fairly inaccurate at 65 hit. The 8 MT is pretty good, though.

BW8Tkn8.png

And here we see the +1 Mag paying off. (Not really, since Selena could've easily just swung her axe---this is just to get Niles a bit of extra exp.)

ObHBq7z.png

Doop.

7ZoAcuU.png  NCvGKvz.png

I'm not too sure whether the reinforcements are turn based or progression based, but they're probably progression based since they didn't trigger while I was durdling around around now.

SuQvVyg.png  gECySNt.png

Next turn I Candy Cane Camilla after buffing her (Note the 2 gray'd out buff bots), and send her here to smack a mook.

It's better efficiency wise to keep plowing forward normally, letting other people get exp, but doing this lets me thin things out a bit more before the next reinforcement wave---and regardless of whether the winds are tied to the turn count or progression, Camilla's the one person who can reasonably get out safely in any situation.

CWiMScQ.png  Iu9ZLfg.png

Doop.

aguYgfm.png  kcwi6jd.png

Nothing happened at the end of turn 8, so I set my fliers up to go rambo on Setsuna next turn. Nyx is in range of the Hexing Rod but it's not like you can get any squishier than ORKO'd to everything.

SkY3YXa.png

Yeah Setsuna kind of explodes to everyone---the main problem is getting to her.

0LXN1cc.png

Cheers for the exact KO.

iZn55l0.png  RIYEL0j.png

Pretty great levels from Selena now, plenty of Speed and bulk. Pity about her Str but whatever, being around Camilla fixes offensive issues anyway.

eUoCF1q.png

I'm not too worried about Hexing Rod---there's no way Hinoka gives me trouble even if my entire team is Hexed---so I'm fine running my 1st string in like this.

UEUSkC4.png  nkNmymX.png

Berserker's Axe costs hp even in Attack Stance (and Camilla's also in range to get smacked by some Falcons), so I swap out of it so the post-combat damage doesn't kill her.

f6evpGG.png  RRbnixG.png

Strictly speaking, neither Camilla nor Selena needed to be healed to survive the incoming Falcon Knight combats, but this saves me a unit-turn next turn.

uJyRlQM.png  XfJtlSR.png

It's Selena who ends up hex'd, by the way. If I had to guess the AI prioritizes the unit with the highest hp that's in range to get smacked, followed by the highest hp unit that's in range of the staff period.

C8THjIw.png  BTYfwo1.png

Bunch of reinforcements spawned left side---and Hinoka did her wind thing again, so I rally up my 3 fliers to deal with the flying mooks.

kRMHQgL.png  q2JAWVZ.png

Selena's combat wasn't guaranteed, but Beruka was in range to finish the Falcon off if needed.

Z3DvRYk.png

Doop.

ior3S0l.png  zdxpgkC.png

Pretty good level, but her stats don't matter at this point, since level 15.

GPH0JKq.png  Jlqnd2P.png

No point using Pass on this map, but getting it means I can bench Nyx now. Also, lul weapon ranks.

zF18yVx.png

The Falcon Knight only has 42 max hp, by the way---and Odin isn't exactly made of Strength.

6lVKfeM.png

The reinforcement mooks are more or less handled (the non-fliers are irrelevant), so I send Leo up here to try and snipe Azama. He misses a shot, unfortunately.

qo3Ms60.png  9GcLUqF.png

ns1hvVu.png

I think this only works on Vallite units (Final Boss Takumi might count as one), so it's... very, very marginally better than an empty slot. If we ignore the fact that it needs you to be in 2 range of an enemy unit with one of the squishiest units in the game.

SDttcPg.png  EowKuzL.png

That's Niles down there preparing to counter a mook, by the way.

HtNR9Zw.png

This is Azama suiciding into Leo on EP, meaning that the AI doesn't mind suiciding over using a Hexing Rod as long as they can do damage.

aJsSoC4.png  FqNQ60X.png

No idea where this speed is coming from, pretty sure he's past his Dark Knight caps at this point.

q6pp0LV.png

And he's also free to swap back into Dark Knight if I need his bulk now. Dropping Seal Magic because it's pretty hard for Leo to take magical damage in the first place, and Corrin's the better debuffer if I'm trying to feed someone else kills.

spivVn3.png  kBxQD8b.png

Would like Niles to get more Str and Def, but whatever.

LfDYsL1.png

Lots of reinforcements spawned, so I rally Odin and Niles since they're going to need to fight some Bow Breaker Kinshis. (A lot easier than it sounds because of how accurate bows are in general and how accurate forged bronzes are in particular.)

lubcKv7.png

Jakob doing Jakob things.

G70YNct.png

Shaky KO, but Camilla's waiting in the wings to finish if things go south.

aUV819U.png  JD1Lm77.png

Leo's up top baiting 2 Kinshi knights, Odin's baiting two near the middle, and Niles is baiting one near the bottom---in retrospect I should've moved Niles one more square down to bait 2 as well. Xander's next to Odin to provide 4 extra hit.

elqsrfN.png  mvCIIm7.png

Odin's offenses are basically stagnant at this point, but at least he's getting his bad levels now, after his growths had time to kick in, rather than in the early game.

aeK0lLr.png

And here we see the last set of reinforcements, featuring 8 fliers, which is annoying as hell.

ODgZdjs.png

I start things off by freezing this Kinshi---Leo couldn't bait her without being in range of the non-flier mooks, and I didn't want to risk that. It hits, by the way.

sk0yZQa.png

With the top side taken care of for the time being, I rally my guys to clear out the 4 fliers to our left.

69OIACZ.png  4QLw5bR.png

Doop.

MCMj923.png  OuYLzeU.png

Not a great level, and Selena needs some damn good levels to make up for all those awful ones she got before, but at least her bulk is shaping up.

oBHVAP3.png

Doop.

oLtnAWN.png  IbiIo3k.png

The difference between Odin and Selena is that his bad levels at least still involve getting Speed, which is the one stat that's almost impossible to fix.

t3pTlUn.png

Iron Bow access lets Odin try to crit or Astra his way into combat relevance, but I don't really want to forge him a strong enough Iron to compete with his bronzes. (I'll still forge him one, in case neither option KOs so I might as well roll the dice.)

lOSGUET.png

Doop.

Ah9csXz.png  YuVR3z2.png

Top left is Falcons with Silver or Bolt Naginatas. This isn't the Xander from Sakura's map, but it is the Falcons from Sakura's map, so Xander is perfectly fine tanking even the magical Falcons, thanks to the bunch of levels he got between then and now, and also the +4 Res from our Rally bot.

dY9uJjs.png  v4Pb3SZ.png

This bottom pack has Darting Blow, incidentally. But even with Darting Blow their offenses are only what you would normally expect at this point rather than anything particularly scary.

ivemOW5.png  5Snj2np.png

Anyway, Xander gets this basically a perfect level counter-killing some mooks on EP.

vhgPnAQ.png  g4OlEpf.png

This is basically the last remotely challenging turn of the map, once the threats are dealt with everything is a cake walk.

nRsdXcC.png

I know I wanted Camilla to deal with the Kinshi top-side, so I run her over to Corrin to grab a Vulnerary from the stash. (And also to grab Corrin for the +15 hit.)

TYFxiwI.png

Bows are so stupid, honestly.

cEhUqwn.png  iSnAJ6V.png

Anyway, I freeze the Kinshi for the -20 avoid and delete her (Camilla wasn't seeing perfect hit rates without it and I didn't want to bother thinking through a better option when I have a perfectly workable one right here).

0BtMe2v.png  pVnMnNZ.png

End of Turn 14---I probably could've tried to counter-kill some of the Falcon from bottom but honestly it wasn't worth the trouble considering I have to fuck up like 20 different ways to fail to kill them all on player phase. (Camilla's fine tanking everyone top, incidentally.)

ksBYZiy.png  2LUvPIV.png

Doop.

QuXzthi.png

These sure are some bow numbers.

l2RyNR3.png

I even dance Odin to have him pick up another level.

wY1UWiA.png  wfra1bZ.png

It was not worth it. On the plus side we're already past the point where stats matter (thanks to our rally bots), so I don't mind this nearly as much as Selena being ruined earlier.

RB7I6r1.png  R9576Zn.png

I'm deliberately spacing Leo like this since that's a Lightning Mook---even 1 more Res and Leo was seeing 0 damage taken.

As a funny note---I accidentally left Leo with Lightning equipped, but Brynhildr still triggered to half the 1 damage of the first Lightning hit into 0 damage, which is interesting. Pity that it's Skill% chance to activate and Leo's Skill screwed. Then again, Leo doesn't really have magical bulk issues anyway.

Oj8bNVt.png

Rallying before I go in.

Jv6Tix0.png

All of Camilla's combats are basically just having the Jagen deal with the problem whenever I don't want to bother thinking.

qj4KSVb.png

That feeling when you're doubled by Xander. (The Niles pair-up is actually for the movement, not the Speed---Camilla's Attack Stance was probably enough for the KO regardless.)

wLBpEYj.png

Doop.

fwcU5dy.png

I dance Camilla and fly her up here to murder the mage. 23 is her Luck cap, IRRC, so it's pretty nice that the Oni Chieftain is polite and not using his club.

dciap03.png

Levin is a great utility sword for Corrin since it smacks general type spreads (which Oni Chieftains basically have) while also being very nice for debuffing.

Y4k8DBQ.png  0BNDLne.png

Personally I'd prefer bulk and speed over offenses for Corrin at this point, but whatever.

TLHAldD.png

Not really a lot of interesting skills to use with Nohrian Trust---Jakob is very good at grabbing those, but his bad skillpool means that he can't usually grab all that many. Felicia is great for grabbing skills, but she's doing more important things supporting people other than Corrin.

9qkKpfP.png

And I have Selena finish this guy off, leaving only Hinoka and her mook.

Pvn38PF.png  TI7q07e.png

Fast forward a few turns and we have this formation---bosses basically never matter unless you're in a rush due to how much stats you can stack if you have time.

N8LmS1i.png

This was before Corrin got danced, incidentally.

u1x25LS.png

This is on EP, because the Life and Death mook thought it'd be a good idea to suicide himself for like 14 damage on Corrin.

cOp5WSC.png

Both attacks miss, by the way.

6kf5NXv.png

All 3 hit.

In retrospect I should've moved Leo for Heartseeker first, so that Selena had better odds of getting exp (since I'd much rather she got exp than Odin), but doing things like this meant I had more unit turns to roll offenses.

LOSq3A0.png

Pretty easy map, although it helped that I took things slow + didn't mind giving level capped Camilla a bunch of kills.

Epilogue:

nSWJSLv.png

Another lottery since it's been a while. Iron is okay ish, but our main tome user doesn't really need a forged Iron. (It's nice for Camilla, though, assuming I get a ton so that she can actually do some serious damage with them.)

d7oMx4g.png  b0TcHEh.png

Just some random support levels.

72ZLn2K.png

Doop.

Yeah, getting moved to the Let's Play sub-forum is pretty unfortunate for visibility---especially since it's under General Gaming rather than Fire Emblem for some reason, so it's hard to know there's a fire emblem LP going on.

If the Fate's sub-forum had a general thread I probably would've posted updates about the LP once in a while, but it doesn't, so *shrug.*

On 4/24/2019 at 12:42 AM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

havent seen this in a while, kinda sad you ended up dropping Arthur

Not sure why you'd expect him to see much use, he's easily one of the bottom three units in Conquest imho

In retrospect, I might've over-prepared for Ryoma. His Rend Heaven does 5 damage*, and he has 0% crit chance on Corrin... Ah well, at least I didn't use any draco-shields on her, plus this saves on healing costs.

*He does around negative 2 to positive 1 damage by default when Corrin's fully buffed---the only reason he's in the positives with Rend Heaven is because I didn't take -Mag bane like a true min-maxer.

The map takes pretty long to play when I have 4 of my mooks sitting around Corrin to buff her ass, though, so it'll be a few days before I finish.

Edit: Mostly it's because of my whole lack of free-time thing, though---and the few hours I have is devoted to FGO at the moment since the CCC event is on.

Double Edit: Ah, wait, Rend Heaven is Str based after all---the reason it's adding so little damage is because the heal tile has some pretty huge damage reduction. (I couldn't tell at first because my Corrin has 49 effective Defense, so she was supposed to be taking jack all for damage anyway.)

Triple Edit: Alright, done with the map---like always nowadays it'll be a few days before I post, though.

Ryoma's map is where I consider the 'endgame' of Conquest starts---and you'll be able to tell since this is the first map where chugging tonics and using staves become 'normal' for me, rather than an extraordinary measure for when I fuck up amazingly.

I do like how I neither crashed nor had to reset for it, though, which is nice.

Edited by DehNutCase

Chapter 25:

Pre-Map Planning:

zwGmW2A.png  BV1PSRO.png

Ryoma's map is more or less where I consider the start of the 'endgame' of Conquest. You can tell it's the endgame because the enemy mooks now have Inevitable End.

Where the early game of Conquest is dominated by people who exist at that point, the mid game by the nobles, the end game is dominated by people with the right skills. Jakob, Felicia, and, to a lesser extent, Gunter are the three units who do the best at getting the 'right' skills, although obviously other units can chip in. If you needed Shuriken Breaker only for this map, for example, it doesn't really matter whether Felicia got it 20 maps ago or if Camilla got it during this map. The main reason the servants dominate the other units is because they have more levels to fit skills into---my Jakob has like 15 skills or something, and he isn't at all min-maxed for the endgame. (He's still good right now, just like how Camilla is still good right now, but I didn't spec him for steamrolling the endgame.)

Niles also deserves an honorable mention because a lot of enemy mooks have near perfect skillsets, and he can grab at least 2 or 3 in even the lowest resource runs, and in Castle Visit runs he can grab like 3 armies' worth, meaning you're basically playing on Casual. Minor note---Captured mooks do not get stuff like Inevitable End or Staff Savant. It doesn't really make a difference for Niles because he breaks the game in half already, but don't plan strategies based on infinite staff use or using a Brave Dagger to debuff the end boss into negative stats. Plan strategies based on an infinite number of disposable mooks with perfect weapon ranks, excellent skills, and sky high bases instead, because obviously that's fair and balanced.

Outlaw Bow Knight is also basically the best class in the game at this point, since flying mobility no longer matters---someone really liked Niles when they designed him.

vGjIi8s.png  fZHKOvm.png

Resist Status is better than it looks, since the enemies get Inevitable End but we don't this is effectively a 66% reduction to the effectiveness of Draconic Hex---normally we'd debuff him by -4, he'd get 1 back to get -3 on his turn, and attack with -3 on everything. With Resist Status he's debuffed by -2 and gets 1 back to go to -1, which is pretty significant if it wasn't for the fact that the room's heal tiles have like 80% damage reduction or something.

(My original plan involved a 49+* Def Corrin because I didn't know the heal tiles were stupid.)

*I would've chugged a Draco Shield if needed by grabbing it from Convoy.

His stats are high, but it's pretty trivial to take only 1 or 2 damage from him while the heal tiles are up, meaning you can take as long as you want for the map. (Hell, even without the heal tiles I could've pushed him to doing 1 damage by buying another Draco Shield from the shop and feeding that + the one I already had to Corrin.)

v9MCHAP.png  2cOhn88.png

Ah Inevitable End, the things that would've been possible with you & Brave Daggers. (It's kind of interesting how Maids & Butlers cap daggers at B-rank, meaning only Hoshido units can use Soldier's Knife, which is a Brave Dagger that requires A-rank in daggers.) They only have 31 speed naturally, but honestly they're about as good as endgame Kaze, so feel free to just Capture a few if you want some Ninjas rather than training your own Ninjas up---Master Ninja has +5 Dodge as a bonus, so you don't need to worry too much about their low luck. Capture'd units are expendable anyway, since you can get tons of more or less identical copies.

u5Vj6uz.png  4yiIeJW.png

Spy's Shuriken is pretty neat. In player's hands it'd mostly be for Attack Stancing with a crazy offensive unit (like, say, post-Samurai Jakob with a Brave Sword), but in enemy hands they stack a ton of hefty stat debuffs thanks to Inevitable End. Mostly it just forces you to cycle your units, though, assuming you're a precog and knew crap like this was coming and built a player phase focused, high mobility team. (Player Phase teams both require less stats---so debuffs matter less---and they distribute debuffs better since no one unit needs to take most of the combats.)

You can also just Shuriken Breaker, but where's the fun in that.

DkBa2VK.png  pUTD0Nw.png

Plus there's also Seal Stat mooks on the map, so dodging hits doesn't prevent all the debuffs, just the Ninja and Automaton ones.

xuYh4MU.png  5ps1Qi4.png

The 3 MoAs I highlighted all have a breaker and an effective weapon for a specific weapon type---I think they're here so that the Spy's Shuriken actually does damage thanks to Attack Stance, because 1 MT is kind of a joke.

If you're missing a dodge tank they're great Capture targets, assuming they get to class change into Swordmaster for even more dodge rather than Merchant. 

BU2tcF6.png  XcK5zQa.png

This guy has a interesting, 100% bulk focused front side.

W1Bi3bu.png

And a fairly neat 105% crit focused back side. Note how he only has 37 or so Atk, though, meaning it's pretty easy to get him to do 0 damage as long as you take it slow and don't run into him with -10 Def on you or something.

He's a fun capture target if you want to play around with Great Club like he's doing, but being foot-locked with fairly low Atk kind of sucks for him. (The Low Atk is because the Great Club only has 6MT---if you want to use him forging a Killer Axe might be better, although you won't see 100% crit rates.)

ei97iQa.png  8GmSl3N.png

This guy would make a pretty great paladin thanks to his two faire skills, but he can't be. He's fun to have around, but not really 'good' in any real sense---if you want a backup damage dealer grab one of the Swordmasters on this map.

b8uPTbL.png  Yo9ya0T.png

The ninjas guarding Kagero are pretty typical for this map. They have different turn based +4 damage buffs, incidentally, so one of them will always have +4 damage.

1vkeChN.png  qG5qRWW.png

Kagero has 61 physical bulk, and that's more or less all you need to know about her unless you randomly left a unit in range for some reason, in which case you should remember that she has Rend Heaven and a Killer Weapon.

Axes, Swords, and Lances occasionally do half damage to her, but it's Bow Knights who'll do most of the heavy lifting on this map anyway. (Number of Bow Knights on my team? 0.)

Wgm2gaN.png  L4c1UsI.png

On the left side we have a grindier collection of mooks. Where the right side had tons of burst damage the left side prefers to do post-combat damage and stacking debuffs. Silver Shurikens debuff Speed, Def, and Res by 5, and this guy debuffs another 6 Def thanks to Seal Def.

The Speed debuff is probably the most important one, since 2 of those and you can go from doubling these mooks to getting doubled yourself.

cYqJgVR.png  x1aGCmX.png

There's also the odd Savage Blow---it's pretty much just a strictly better Poison Strike, and if you capture him and give him a pair of levels you get to stack both effects, which is nice.

vAni0jT.png  kx0e8Ls.png

Swordmasters have some pretty neat stats if you're looking for a backup damage dealer, with 34 natural speed and enough bulk to consistently survive a counter. You'll want to look for someone with better skills, though.

Note the effective weapon, but honestly it shouldn't matter.

W9syQmH.png  Z4b8i3l.png

The Practice Katana is much more interesting since you'd need 35 speed to avoid the double. (Only 35 since Silver Katana is already a Katana, so Practice only gives +4 over it.)

abdNnFO.png  Y3SZZFB.png

Spy's Yumi is a 3 range weapon, so this guy has a fairly dangerous Lunge. That said, Automatons only have 5 move so Outlaw Bow Knights (and it has to be Outlaw Bow Knights, for the +1 move) based lineup pretty much trivializes this map.

You could also just use Freeze Staves, but that's expensive. (Cheaper than class changing unit into Bow Knight if they aren't already, though.)

fEUbdg8.png  Sbodli4.png

This guy is probably the main one you'd look to Capture if you want a back up damage dealer, he even has 4 levels left, just enough to grab Sword-faire and a full set of skills.

He also hurts like hell if you get Lunged into the room, but the mooks on this map don't break the walls, so it's pretty easy to player phase everything.

YroX2rF.png  5Oq2H27.png

I'm honestly not too sure about the point of this guy, yeah, he's pretty scary to attack into if you're the kind of idiot to attack into someone who one rounds you, but do they honestly expect people to be like that at this point?

(They totally do---there's a couple 'gotcha' units on pretty much every map.)

ChE4LBh.png

Back Side is this guy, though, and he's far more dangerous with his effective 30 Str after Quick Draw and 40 Speed after pair-up.

That said, the pair-up is pretty easy to aggro without being in range of the Automatons, so if you're not comfortable going for the L&D Swordmaster this guy is pretty easy to grab. He also starts with Duelist's already so he gets Swordfaire a level earlier.

w7SmEtO.png  clscFf7.png

Swordfaire on a Swordmaster make these guys pretty boring captures, ironically, since it means they don't have anything else worth noting.

kbmzh34.png  RmAbJ1Q.png

This guy has a Wakizashi rather than Dual Katana. Probably best to just send a Sword guy to lure these two (there's a safe spot you can get to to fight them without getting Lunged), and they aggro whenever they can hit someone, but if you can't use a sword then an Axe (a normal, non Dual Club Axe) is probably better than a Lance, thanks to the Dual Katana.

MVVZu1U.png  Ntnhedm.png

There's a pair of Lunge Automatons in the boss room. If you have enough  +1 move Bow Knights (ideally with Boots on one of them) you can actually kill this entire pack without having to step into their aggro range beforehand, which is nice.

If your team isn't that mobile though you should probably just Freeze either the Samurai or the Automaton in the back and send a bulky unit to lure. I froze the Automaton because I assumed the Samurai would've moved to Attack Stance---turns out the programmers were smart enough to have him not do that when it's a Lunge attack. So Freezing the Samurai would be the safer move since the Automaton only has 30 Atk with Spy's Yumi. (Spy's Yumi has 5 MT.)

xZE8K6S.png  UJSFhIB.png

The Samurai has 52.

That said, Freezing the Automaton does have the advantage where the Ninjas body-block each other, so you can't get hit by both at once.

fMJTi8G.png  y5sbKk9.png

Saizo has 70 physical bulk, so he's a tad harder to deal with than Kagero. But he's also doubled by everyone on my team so whatever.

Luna doesn't even matter when you only have 40 Atk. (It matters if you're doing this map in a rush, but you shouldn't be in a rush unless you're deliberately gunning for a low turn-count clear.)

DJ4xdt9.png  7ev2zvQ.png

We get another deployment slot this map, which is nice. (Hopefully we keep it going into the next map, but I can also see it only being here because Corrin's basically benched the entire map.)

My generally strategy was just to slow-roll deathball the entire map, as long as you're not in a rush Ryoma's map is pretty trivial. Originally I even planned it doing it while being down 4 units---who'd be buffing Corrin---but the heal tiles' damage reduction meant I only needed the Def & Luck & Amaterasu Rally bot.

Nyx was dropped since I wasn't going to bother with the more or less 'right' way to do the map and just Bow Knight my way through it (the map is hilariously easy if I class changed into 3 or 4 Bow Knights, but I didn't care enough), and I brought in the full buff-bot trio + Elise to maximize my buffing ability.

Objectives: 10,000 G, Silence, Draco Shield.

Since I'm death balling the entire map the objectives happen automatically.

My Castle Stuff:

6Sel00G.png  XGQUReC.png

I don't have any dagger users I care about, and the higher tier weapons don't sell anything close to 50%, so the Hunter's Knife is only a 'good' roll rather than a 'holy crap free money' roll. Keaton's an amazing cook, though.

x20woLg.png

+1 Str over +1 Mag would've been better, but +2 Speed +2 Def is already great.

90DAmGY.png

Got this from an Accessory event rather than My Room. (I haven't actually been bothering with My Room much now that most of the important units are C-rank'd.)

IZeTdXv.png

I'm not using this person---it's one of the Pass Pegasus Knights I capture'd last map, but I bribe her to free up a Jail slot.

Resource Distribution:

iJbFePs.png  tkVll4R.png

You can tell that I'm taking the map somewhat seriously now, since I'm actually buying Tonics.

OSLbmK3.png

I thought I wanted 2 Speed Tonics, 1 for Camilla, 1 for one of my Bow users, but it turned out even Leo doubles everyone on this map, so I only used 1.

8Mi588o.png  7i2wdMn.png

Bulk for Corrin. She needed the Luck Tonic and a Rally to see 0% crit vs. Ryoma, by the way, thanks to the Luck Bane. (Which should also show you how little a Luck Bane matters, though, since you can get tons of dodge from Support Bonuses---like the 20% from Xander---or just the 5% from a pair-up.)

In retrospect she probably didn't need the Def Tonics, but I didn't remember about the heal tile's huge damage reduction until I started the map.

XZpGFSs.png  vxkZxPQ.png

Camilla's Str isn't capped because I upgraded Beruka's Statue---turned out it wasn't silver, just bronze. 1 Str doesn't really matter, though, even if it would've been nice to have if I didn't mis-remember.

szkujZo.png

I swap out Lunge for Shurikenbreaker since Ninjas exist now.

q1T2Smq.png

Jakob drops Tomebreaker or something for Duelist's Blow, since he's not supposed to be seeing enemy phase combats anymore.

23GSTP9.png  FU8FubY.png

I swap some bows around since Odin has D-rank in bows now and Niles can pick up Nyx's Shining Bow now that she's benched.

These two end up swapping the Bronze +4 around a lot, since neither of them want to be fighting with a ton of debuffs on them.

The Map:

Fu4IyqA.png  gb0LLFM.png

This was pretty much why I wasn't worried at all about turn count, coming into the map. She had another possible +6 Defense from Leo's buffs & the Draco Shield in the convoy, although getting Leo's buffs would've required some Shelter usage, so I would've need 4 people buffing Corrin.

D836vCp.png

One last Rally picture to show you I'm using them, but from now on you should probably just assume I'm using them on the relevant units. Positioning stuff like Rally usage and what not really should be learned by just playing the game rather than reading a playthrough or whatever, anyway.

lKyOTqn.png  O77qhn8.png

End of turn 1. I have no rush or anything, so I deathball everyone right. (Both sides have their quirks, but the right side is probably easier to do with a low number of units as long as you have Shurikenbreaker, so if I redid the map and needed 4 units buffing Corrin rather than just 1 I'd probably do the left side first.)

Xx3KHs7.png

The enemy didn't bite on Selena, so I send Camilla in to start the pain train.

KW1A88G.png

It's kind of stupid how awful enemy unit stats are even in the endgame.

BOqW9aA.png  qNhA6Km.png

This is basically a 20/7 unit and she's ORKOing people.

Also basically a perfect level if we ignore the whole OHKO'd by everything issue which could've been fixed by some lucky bulk levels.

M1O6UeU.png  9qHTUVZ.png

Selena missed, but Leo was going to be over here to choke point the other Ninja anyway.

(If I cared enough about accuracy I would've forged the Bronze Axe higher or class changed Selena to Bow Knight, but I didn't.)

FmFEIlX.png  X4DzbPN.png

29 Speed Leo. Yeah...

My team is pretty weird when it comes to Speed.

MdtMEZt.png  96YN1wC.png

End of turn 2. Selena and Camilla are so bulky that it doesn't really matter how many people poke at them, even with Attack Stance debuffs, and Leo's in a pair-up.

ABCWhan.png

Doop.

X0R1ZYA.png

It's a tad dangerous to heal Leo like this since Felicia dies even to a Spy Shuriken, but only if I fuck up hilariously about taking care of the Ninjas.

gEzlpwY.png

Doop.

WKyxg2N.png  dy0pKS5.png

Selena's Str and Skill are behind her un-statbooster'd averages, by the way. Her speed is also only 1 ahead of her unboosted averages, but 28 is more than enough. This is also Def capped since I didn't upgrade Camilla's statue. (I might do some castle visits for it later.)

It's a great level, but she'll need a lot of those to get out of the hole she's in. On the plus side, next level has Trample.

zM5nIBn.png

Doop. Camilla's getting a lot of kills on this map for obvious reasons, but also because a lot of my team is nearing stat or level caps already anyway, so levels aren't as valuable unless they're gunning for a specific skill.

pwaRAD6.png

The feeling when Leo of all people is doubling Ninjas. (Pity Dark Knight is going to ruin his Speed if I end up swapping back, Sorcerer might be interesting if I needed Sorc's 5% dodge for some reason, though.)

hx2U9MZ.png  YTsHrmX.png

End of turn 3. Xander's running forward to see if he can get some combat exp.

i7dcvYi.png  cGV8aj6.png

Doop.

PsVbQ4X.png

This gives Selena Beserker's Axe access. (And 5% hit, which is nice---if her Skill has been at her averages she should see around 100% hit vs. Ninjas even with her Bronze.)

fZOAWWv.png  1j6RsWB.png

Xander gets a Candy Cane before running Charlotte back up to give Selena the Beserker's.

ImHxDXs.png  znRErzY.png

Just trying to bait some mooks---no bites.

A7DDsWk.png  p2URfrT.png

She got this buffing Xander, I believe.

Teei3pa.png

I have Niles heal Xander to full because why not.

5tMIkTH.png  gIk4c2u.png

Another bait attempt, another nothing.

At this point I go 'eh, whatever' and prepare to do some dance and Shelter shenanigans to aggro. (Hitting someone has to aggro the AI because otherwise the player could just hit enemy units for free if they knew the right sequence of moves, so learning how to do Shelter shenanigans makes maps like this a lot simpler.)

9VQpZzh.png

Doop.

qRZBBO4.png  VrJBWHD.png

Meh level, but Niles has enough stats for the rest of the game already.

qUarUC5.png

I full buff Xander and send him in to Shelter Niles.

h7MkDdD.png  PQ0gNot.png

Giving us this for the end of turn 6.

Beruka and the MoA being in range is intentional, since getting the 3-range Ninja right in front of Xander would be great. It ends up working even better than I'd planned, though, since the enemy MoA with Sword-breaker and the sword effective weapon actually walks into me for the Attack Stance.

1jqxoyW.png  ZmzrDxR.png

Odin was missing some damage to ORKO, so I trade him Niles' Bronze Bow.

4UxQNWE.png  esSXkFq.png

His stats are pretty meh nowadays, but if I ever need his offenses he only needs 2 levels to get L&D and 1 level to get Swordfaire, so whatever.

nSmm6hW.png

Bronze Bows are the word of the day, so I unequip Astra. (I didn't forge him an Iron Bow since I only had 1, and I didn't care enough about it to buy another one.)

t4wMZly.png  YTSYki6.png

I have Leo smack a loser around before trade swapping him Horse Spirit and pairing him with Charlotte. (Hero rather than Beserker makes her worse for Xander but better all around thanks to the 2 Def while keeping the 3 Speed for pair-up purposes.)

FPqireP.png

Candy Canes are basically free so I don't mind using one rather than just having Amaterasu handle it.

hRGB0qO.png  efyl5HN.png

Slow and Steady doesn't get daggered into oblivion.

(And also helps Selena recover her stats---losing 5 Def per hit is no joke when you're getting Attack Stanced.)

U4iomfM.png  dlCjcFw.png

The MoA suicides into Leo, so I spend the next turn positioning for a breakthrough into the right side.

fujEhWq.png

I did say I wasn't going to show much Rally Screenshots, but here's one anyway. It's mostly to show that you want to leave a space open for your rally unit near the front lines even though ideally it'd be mostly combat units there. (If you have someone who don't need rallies at all to function then they could start in that spot and attack first, freeing the space up to Rally.)

RTQrENs.png

Camilla breaks the wall because this lets me dance her in a nice position---while also leaving Azura in a nice position to get Sheltered by Xander for choke pointing purposes.

p1s0Op2.png

Had to Rally Skill for this, unfortunately, since Leo's Skill is way behind his averages. Note how he's positioned to Heartseeker the Ninja, though. (Heartseeker is pretty amazing if you get comfortable positioning for it.)

yvejhhU.png

Post-Samurai Jakob isn't the best 'trivialize the game' build for him, but it's pretty fun to watch.

Garobmx.png  XgaJYU6.png

Meh level, but he's also dumpstering Odin in pretty much everything, so as long as he doesn't get completely screwed it doesn't really matter what he gets.

C5rJDgk.png

Doop. Turns out the Ninjas in the boss room is stupid enough to attack Camilla when she's over here, which makes the boss mooks even more of a joke than they already were.

SwrLGxf.png  jSRWI6M.png

End of turn 9. I should probably mention that the space Xander is standing on isn't a normal square, so you don't get elbow room and you also lose 2 move to cross it, so be careful when you're planning your moves with a non-flier.

erZdd9Y.png

Healing Xander here is mostly for Inspiration purposes---he's lost enough stats that I'd rather not have him front lining anymore.

STa6Av0.png

Leo, on the other hand, gets to do whatever he wants. (The +1 Mag from Keaton's cooking is coming in oddly useful here.)

PeE7t4R.png  QUFRnP0.png

I would've liked another point of Speed, but honestly Leo's already such a wall of stats that it doesn't matter.

Being level capped does mean I'd have to eternal seal him if I wanted to get him more skills, but his kit is pretty good already.

te6Mkwe.png  DxFpqVU.png

I swap Leo out of Calamity Gate (because of the pair'd up MoA, one of whom has a Great Club), and smack the last Ninja in this hallway.

WIkFruI.png  IOoiwF3.png

Pretty fast clip, if we ignore the travel time from here back to the starting area. The left side's a lot slower, though, even if it's probably 'easier' from a design perspective.

Doesn't help that I spend the first half of it with Leo and Xander hanging around Corrin.

KNFe2TE.png  rJ0OOpN.png

We knew about this level from way back, it's okay---most of the good levels in her future is after level 5, unfortunately.

YDneyqK.png

The MoA that attacked into Leo was the non-Great Club guy, for hopefully obvious reasons. (Again, pretty much my problem with Killer Weapons in this game.)

I don't actually kill him with Leo, by the way.

o2oXpvP.png  Y9OjbCs.png

Instead I break the wall with Felicia and Chip the MoA inside the room.

FPUQ5KX.png

C-rank gives Calamity gate and 1 Atk for tomes, which is nice. Doubt Camilla will be holding Calamity since Leo's so good with it, though.

AnGBjBo.png  f8YrQa4.png

Doop.

thjkaCE.png  pnM9Ptt.png

And doop.

3P2Beu6.png  7oNFYN2.png

Don't think I'll be using him for anything serious, but Certain Blow and Death Blow is a pretty fun combo.

kPPu9F4.png  A4RuVdF.png

Turn 11 ends like this since I knew the Ninjas were stupid---but I also wanted to see if I could bait the MoA into a stupid position.

kMKV9pW.png  Ss8Q2uS.png

The MoA did move, just not to a stupid spot.

qaDZYHd.png  Y8OTe00.png

This guy isn't anything special, he's mostly for if I decide I wanted a Shuriken user. (We do have a lot of random Shuriken lying around.)

kn1A70D.png  giZkXQY.png

Didn't care about the other ninja---who didn't have a Spy's Shuriken---so I end turn like this to have Niles counter-kill. (Well, not quite, I do move Niles 1 square to the left, to make the MoA move for Attack Stance.)

AOHM5Un.png

Next turn I have Camilla chip the MoA a bit, since he ended up giving Attack Stance in a stupid location.

O4wYA2w.png  z25PTB2.png

One Shelter later, and...

5npSN9m.png  PB4GfCD.png

Niles get a great level.

kRhiLIr.png  g2YeOQn.png

And a MoA who's only going to be in my barracks for looks. 34 effective Str is pretty nice, and he has enough levels left to get Life and Death, but I'd really like Spear Masters rather than MoA if I was going to lug a foot-locked loser around.

RcXk46e.png  MqC1lqv.png

Fast forwarding a bit, I get Niles to grab the 10k gold.

0cPpidH.png

And Jakob to do... this.

The vast majority of Jakob's damage comes from his skills, so Rend Heaven doesn't do much to him even if Kagero somehow rolled her 2% hit chance. Jakob didn't give him a chance, though, he proc'd Astra and crit on the second hit.

5ffW0Pr.png  6hESM1j.png

Fast forwarding even more and Azura gets this pretty much useless level while I was walking everyone back to the middle.

I7EfrdW.png  gxlz88E.png

I start things off like this to see if the Ninjas on the left would aggro one by one.

They do.

EpjVpSV.png

Giving Elise Felicia's Sun Festal since she was going to be part of the Corrin buffing brigade.

tPsHEWy.png  jj1arTY.png

Niles took 2 stacks of debuffs so I had Odin pull the next guy, clearing the first 3 Ninjas.

OKNc6Md.png

The next pack looked pretty dangerous so I give Odin Nile's Bronze Bow +4 before fully buffing him.

lNl669M.png  xjz0Zj1.png

Only the left Ninjas and Swordmaster can hit Odin in the corner over here, so I start things off like this.

fYx4WDV.png  66JjFuz.png

These are some real crappy levels Odin is getting. Bows can pretty much carry any stat spread with enough bulk and Speed, though, and Odin has enough.

l2YiauL.png

Doop.

AjW6d1y.png  chj9aMC.png

Savage blow isn't really anything special---it's nice, but not necessary since I already have 2 copies---but having multiple redundant units in jail means I can just bribe the cheaper one.

wSbPZa4.png  IZXfzhu.png

Master Ninja stats are surprisingly low on Speed---at least compared to Swordmasters---but otherwise they're about what you'd expect.

YgfD4tH.png

Jakob doesn't really get to OHKO people anymore without a really good attack stance, but he's still fun to use when Savage Blow is involved.

X3K5Ikh.png  W0I1fYS.png

These stats, man.

xrmohBB.png  bjp84S6.png

And this is pretty much how my team's distributed for the next bit, since I didn't know about the heal tile damage reduction yet.

Leo, Elise, Buff mook, and Xander hang around Corrin to buff her bulk while the rest of the team tries to figure out a way to do the left side safely.

dY9srCL.png  IYjVMQ8.png

This is how I get Corrin maximum buffs, by the way. I Rally her, move her away and next to Leo, and then Shelter the Rally Bot before dropping him off with Elise.

Turns out the Rally bot was more than enough, thanks to the heal tile's massive damage reduction, and his Amaterasu would out heal 1 special proc + 1 normal attack. I didn't figure that bit out until a few turns later, though.

hdmh1v1.png  D46WkFx.png

I'm going to skip through a lot of turns on the left (note how it's turn 27), and tell you that not even this aggros anything.

Which is fine, because I realized after a bit that Ryoma wasn't quite doing the damage he was supposed to, which let me bring Xander here for Shelter shenanigans. (It was hard to tell since he was pretty much supposed to only do 3 or 4 damage, and only because of Swordfaire.)

6Oj5ZCe.png

Doop.

dkF5Uo2.png

Dance.

NDEK9AC.png

And Shelter into separation.

It's pretty easy to poke like this if you plan out the sequence of moves before hand.

nkSt38a.png  ASTsD08.png

Skip forward a turn or two and we have Camilla over here, baiting the Samurai. If you don't have 9 or 10 move units like I do then you'll need to use Dance and Shelter to get in or out.

Camilla's using the Iron Axe because fighting a Dual Katana sucks---thanks to the Swordmasters' S-rank.

n57cnkn.png

I got even more mooks than I expected since the Swordmaster in the room with Ninjas and Automatons actually moved outside for Attack Stance, so I have Camilla smack her with Fire. Neither of them OHKO and the Camilla now has a full Gauge.

2afjDp2.png

Next turn Camilla Dual Clubs this guy to death, which is very safe since the Silver Katana ruined his stats.

Fbs1Atu.png  bMRvaKp.png

Fast Forward a few turns (I had Selena Fly Camilla out), and my team's setup like this. The bait doesn't work but that's fine, my units are in position to do the right sequence of stuff.

DooP01k.png  6xeJWll.png

Which is a doop into a dance into a Shelter.

a9KQt3Q.png  3CYVxVD.png

Turn ends like this.

o9pr2Rj.png

As expected, smacking the mooks aggros them, so I just have Xander slowly lure them deeper and deeper towards my team.

szBv5Bx.png

I kind of wanted to feed other people exp from these two, but decided it wasn't worth the effort, so I had Xander smack the guy to death.

yMkuSf7.png  nmAq0c3.png

Followed by a Selena chip into a Dance'd finish. (The chip did a bunch of damage because of Savage Blow, if you're wondering how the Swordmaster lost so much hp from 6 damage.)

JBWllUn.png  sZ0YKgE.png

Honestly I wouldn't mind if Xander got this exact same level until cap.

YjlCjSF.png  HoeMjJ5.png

Fast forward a bit and my team's positioned like this to break into the room.

UX39ovt.png

Niles breaks the wall since he's pretty good at killing Ninjas after a dance, and dancing a ranged unit lets Azura stand in a safer position.

EwvqlUQ.png

The Iron axe didn't have enough accuracy, unfortunately, and I didn't care enough to send the Skill rally guy over. Which is a tad unfortunate since Camilla does want a bit of bulk just in case I don't manage to kill everything safely. (The red line is the range of Lunge mooks, so she can't just get danced and kill both of the Ninjas---Bow Knight Camilla could do that, but Malig Knight can't.)

CDD2UkV.png  OBHcgQW.png

I swap Camilla to Iron and have Selena do this. Here's where a bit more axe rank would've been quite good, since C and B both give 5 hit each. Oh well.

ZSkWkih.png  EqddjjR.png

Yeah there's pretty much no way Selena's going to turn out the way a massively invested Selena's supposed to turn out, but her stats are more than good enough for the rest of the game so *shrug.*

rO680ik.png

She does have trample, great bulk, and decent speed, so it's not like she's bad, just... not amazing the way she's 'supposed' to be.

She'll probably end up Hero for the next map, but we'll see.

7k5Rcui.png

Doop.

sDhF8Qn.png

Some healing.

wF3tulD.png  8BgbGuM.png

And end turn. Note how I could've gotten Xander or Leo to try and kill the Master Ninja, but I wanted other people to grab that free exp.

5AntQyK.png  pMwJBPh.png

Like so.

D1sfTMh.png  RVqcqkn.png

Beruka has the same speed as Selena now, by the way. She has +1 from Speed from Wyvern Lord over Malig Knight but also -3 from Selena's 3 stat boosters. And Beruka's 5 levels behind.

Really tempted to turn Beruka Hero as well, it's not like Swordbreaker's worth anything, and the Fighter-Hero line has some great skills, but the 2 move from being mounted is worth a damn lot.

adSH0Nx.png  bJUtWqY.png

Silence isn't awful or anything, but it's pretty niche. I might have a use for it to break into specific rooms, but it's fairly expensive to use a rare staff for that & it's pretty odd that I'd need Silence, specifically, for the break in.

IHXfZrV.png  AyCWQDU.png

Fast forward a few turns and I'm ready to break into the last room. Felicia and Elise are up here for freeze purposes.

77hde7p.png

Freezes are pretty expensive, so it's annoying that you lose the charge even if you miss. I didn't, though.

30Q3P4H.png  04EjLje.png

Pretty great level, although Felicia is exactly like Elise in that she's dead to everything physical at this point.

CJLf0By.png  NNIUREl.png

I positioned like this expecting the Samurai to Attack Stance, but even if he didn't Camilla had enough bulk to survive (and very good odds vs. Ninjas anyway, thanks to Shuriken Breaker + Iron Axe). Which was fortunate because the Samurai did not Attack Stance, instead choosing to smack Camilla for a bunch of hp.

It's safe to lure Spy's Yumi with fliers, incidentally, since it's only 5 MT, meaning even with effective damage the Automaton only has 40 Atk, which is pretty easy to see 0s against.

YF06d4p.png

Here's a screenshot of the start of turn. Camilla would've been in KO threat if the AI sequenced properly, incidentally, but even now they still prioritize the highest damaging combat first, so they did Swordmaster into Master Ninja which meant Camilla was completely safe. (Plus the Master Ninja would've needed to land a hit versus her Shuriken-breaker anyway.)

Ivqfu9w.png

It would've been interesting to Capture this guy for his L&D, since his offenses is easily on the 1st string of my units, but I just didn't care enough. (Every Swordmaster on the map has first string offenses, incidentally, thanks to their 34 Speed, but eh.)

x8aA4CH.png

Both Niles and Camilla landed their hits, which is great, since it let me do pretty much whatever I want for the rest of the mooks.

7SY4uNZ.png

Doop.

i7HQy0G.png

And Doop. (Leo rolled his 11% crit, by the way.)

1VG9g8o.png  1EbyHi7.png

Turn ends like this---Spy's Yumi won't Lunge my guys into any dangerous spots, and Odin didn't get debuffed to the point where the Saw is lethal. (Niles was danced to pair up with Odin.)

gF2HpU1.png  XseYyZA.png

Next turn I have Charlotte take a pair of combats for a bunch of Shield Gauge.

ZTZj7Zd.png

Before finishing things off with Beruka.

8va32cp.png

Fast forward a turn and I have Jakob do Jakob things to Saizo.

Zai5Psi.png  RrHPQNt.png

Getting him a pretty useless level, but eh, more than enough stats, etc. etc.

STwdwLy.png

And I start running the hell away since Ryoma's free to come for my mooks now. I got this far by pairing Corrin into the buff-bot and then separating.

I'll skip showing you the screens of the next bit, the tl;dr is that I run Ryoma around the entire left side of the map.

rAdlIwS.png

Doing this while I was running.

R5xd40t.png  tgg6R16.png

And setting up my team like this.

e8jXy8X.png

I start things off with Camilla chipping Ryoma.

9Dr4QM3.png

And Corrin kills him.

It got her exactly to 99 exp, I think, which was kind of annoying.

qd5jDfu.png  5XfF2gB.png

Cheers.

Epilogue:

ONUeQX7.png

Iron Swords aren't too useful since I already have a +4, but they do sell for 500, which isn't too much worse than the higher quality stuff. (Steels are 750, Silvers are 1000.)

w7xNZVf.png  hUNyGRI.png

The team picked up some random support levels---the Xander Azura one is pretty nice for whenever I have to do the Dance Shelter thing, and Charlotte is Charlotte.

HVItdqP.png  c9XHUOX.png

I recruit the pair of prisoners who only need food since I can always just cook with Hoshido stuff. (I go to the 'hacked' castles with every single resource, so I have a ton of the Hoshido stuff.)

aCWaZx1.png  iK1CjxE.png

It's these two mooks, by the way. Basically the uninteresting MoA and Ninja, but their stats are perfectly serviceable if you needed some second stringers.

On 5/1/2019 at 8:57 PM, DehNutCase said:

And a fairly neat 105% crit focused back side. Note how he only has 37 or so Atk, though, meaning it's pretty easy to get him to do 0 damage as long as you take it slow and don't run into him with -10 Def on you or something.

Actually, that would only add up to 85.

On 5/1/2019 at 8:57 PM, DehNutCase said:

I don't have any dagger users I care about, and the higher tier weapons don't sell anything close to 50%, so the Hunter's Knife is only a 'good' roll rather than a 'holy crap free money' roll. Keaton's an amazing cook, though.

Correction: Keaton is actually one of the worst cooks in the game, and you lucked out in a big way.

Played a tiny bit of Ch. 26 (really tiny, only did the first room + checked out how Iago works), but as far as I can tell, unless the map has some hilarious reinforcements down the line it looks pretty straightforward. Mooks don't aggro before you open the door and Iago skips his Hexing Rod if you leave nobody in range on the Hexing Rod turn (I was originally planning to just slowly have him hex my 2nd stringers 1 by one), so as long as I take it slow I don't see the map giving me any problems---since the only other Hexing Rod got rushed down by Pass.

I still hate how a lot of Conquest's map design don't bother telling how the maps actually work before you actually go in and do the map, though. Because god damn the map does not look doable* if you assumed that Iago would just Hexing Rod everyone before using his other staves.

*Well okay it's doable even then---just have a 50 Def Armor and a 50 Def Corrin and it's fine, but that'll need a lot of grinding if you didn't have that already.

But yeah, busy as hell still, so these last few maps might take an entire month to get through.

Edited by DehNutCase

aclrani.png

Jakob is such a god damn pansy. This is an literally unlosable fight and he's worried, even without his full Shield Gauge Iago wasn't going to land a hit ever.

Map didn't go as smooth as I expected, I fucked up trying to go through the faceless room for the first reset (I didn't realize the stoneborn were only holding position because I didn't open the door yet, even though they feel free smacking my dudes before that), and the second reset was me fat fingering Niles and he opened the door to the mages a whole turn before when I was supposed to---my units were caught way out of position. The third one was just Hans criting Corrin's face off because I was stupid and forgot to chug tonics before I sent Corrin in to tank.

Reset Counter: 30

Main takeaway is that I really should be taking the endgame maps more seriously---if I cared enough to buy an entrap I probably would've saved an entire reset since then I could just entrap Hans and murder him rather than having to grind through all his mooks first.

As always nowadays, gonna be a few days before I post the chapter.