Your Favorite Interaction Pairings?

McKarter

I am new to both the Fire Emblem series (not really, been curious since Shadow Dragon, but never really been able to play one until recently) and this forum by extension, i have started Awakening 2 weeks ago, and i took it upon myself to understand the Class and Skills mechanics by reading other boards (which led me to this place.)

Going off on that, i know that Supports are needed to optimize the army and the children to your playstyle, however i am curious:

What are your favorite Support Pairings for all characters, based purely on the conversations, completely disregarding the benefits and child optimization? :D 

For each character? I never used all of them in this game, so I can only list the ones I did use and get conversations for.

Robin: I guess since she married Frederick, I'll say him.

Chrom: Frederick, because Frederick. lol

Frederick: FE Warriors Leo I can't pick one here argh, Frederick is too entertaining and amazing. XD Robin, Chrom, Panne, Henry, Virion, Lissa, he has so many good ones!

Lissa: I didn't actually get many of her conversations... I guess Donnel since she married him and they were really cute.

Stahl: Cordelia

Cordelia: Stahl

Sully: Vaike

Vaike: Chrom

Virion: Robin (those chess matches, wow)

Sumia: Henry

Henry: Frederick

Maribelle: Gaius

Gaius: Maribelle

Lon'qu: Cherche

Panne: Frederick

Cherche: Lon'qu

Gregor: Cherche (though I paired him with Tharja because Lon'qu already got Cherche)

Nowi: Tiki

I did use Miriel and Kellam a bit, but I never got any conversations for them. I also hardly got any conversations for the second gen. I ended up getting bored with Awakening at that point.

But yes, I absolutely adore Frederick. :P

Edited by Anacybele

• 1 month later...

Libra and F!MU (Very cute support that gives them both character.)

Chrom and Male Robin (Female Robin's support was terrible honestly.)

Lissa and Frederick/Lon'qu (Lissa deserves a good man who will protect her.)

Virion and Olivia (Really cute support about dancing.)

Stahl and Cordelia (Gets her to shut up about Chrom and talk about music.)

Miriel and Frederick (The only Miriel support to give her some character development honestly.)

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my favourites just from what I've seen:

Gregor x Cordelia - Actually co-opts the poisonous Chrom obsession into something more positive, as Gregor supports Cordelia in her pursuit of him until she realises that she's developed feelings for the man who's been by her side all along

Maribelle x Vaike - Just a hilarious clash of classes and egos

F!Morgan x Laurent - After initial exasperation, Laurent gains some respect for Morgan's genius, something that would obviously appeal to him, even if she does insist on playing 'Tome Stackers.'

Libra x Olivia - Just really cute, Olivia takes an interest in one of Libra's ritualistic dances and her performance of it moves him to tears.

F!Avatar x Gregor - " You sleep in same bed as Gregor! Then we share body heat! "

Panne x Kellam - Kellam wins her heart by getting mauled half to death, repeatedly, and surviving. D'aww.

• 1 year later...

Some of my favorites are

• Maribelle and Gaius (provides some really interesting details in events in Gaius and Maribelle's past)
  • Libra and Tharja (shows a lot about Libra's past. I used to just brush Libra off as a boring cliche devout priest until I saw this support.)
  • Gerome and Cynthia (She confesses to him before S they're so adorable)
  • Chrom and Male Robin (It shows much more affection for Chrom than F!Robin's does. Although you could just see it as a friend caring about the other. I would have prefered this as F!Robin's as well, with the ending being about how she was worried about him because she didn't want him to get hurt because she loved him. But that's not the point of this oops.)
  • Inigo and Gerome (It's just fun, and their dynamic makes me laugh.)
  • Severa and her father (this one shows more about Severa's character and how she's a really complex individual without really seeming so)
  • Lucina and Morgan but as siblings (this one just makes me laugh too)
  • Gerome and Cherche (The A support is the best, it tells more about Gerome's feelings about his parents. "But I didn't want heroes. I wanted a father and a mother." That line really gets me because it's unlike him to say anything like that.)

There's a lot more that I like, those are just the first that come to mind. Many involve Gerome because he's my favorite lol.