The Leicester Alliance Might Be Related to Nohr

Guest Boatcat

Nay, Fateslandia was Lycia the whole time. 

Nah, I think the closest things we’d get to Nohrians in Leicester would be Soleil jumping dimensions or something. Or Niles getting reincarnated as Claude’s apprentice Silen. (Please no IS)

Eh. I personally think Fates is set in the same world as Awakening and the other games in that world due to that one crossover DLC so I have a hard time seeing Three Houses being related to Fates at all.

Edited by Maimishou

1 hour ago, Maimishou said:

Eh. I personally think Fates is set in the same world as Awakening and the other games in that world due to that one crossover DLC so I have a hard time seeing Three Houses being related to Fates at all.

the crossover DLC very explicitly proves that that is not the case

2 hours ago, Maimishou said:

No? Chrom refers to Hoshido and Nohr as mythical kingdoms in the Before Awakening DLC. That makes zero sense if Fates isn't set in the Awakening universe.

Why not?

in the Justice League animated series two-part episode "Legends" the Justice Guild (a reference of the JSA) is both a comic Green Lantern used to read and heroes in their world/parallel universe (I won't give spoilers).

The explanation could be that an outrealm jumper did see both Hoshido and Nohr and then he/she talked that history to people in Archanea and with time the tale became a legend.

Ps: In the series it says that the existance of their earth give the idea (like some kind of "resonance", it is not explain that well) to the creator of the comic in the Justice league world.

Edited by Silafante

I think the mountain range in the east of Fodlan could connect to Fateslandia.

The map of Fateslandia suddenly stops in the west, the one in Fodlan suddenly stops in the east. 

So what if West of Nohr is actually Fodlan with the Amira region being what separates the two continents. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I think we can infer further that Claude is the descendant of Niles and Odin. Tanned skin and Odin's yellow outfit. It all checks out.

If you need further proof, look at the middle part of Claude's name. "von" or perhaps the v is actually a poorly written r, so the word is ron, which spelled backwards is Nor. I rest my case.

9 hours ago, Maimishou said:

No? Chrom refers to Hoshido and Nohr as mythical kingdoms in the Before Awakening DLC. That makes zero sense if Fates isn't set in the Awakening universe.

Except that dimensional travel is a thing in-universe? It's entirely possible, even likely, that people have crossed over between worlds before.

7 hours ago, Onestep said:

Except that dimensional travel is a thing in-universe? It's entirely possible, even likely, that people have crossed over between worlds before.

Just because that's true doesn't mean you can assume it's what happened. The easiest explanation is that Fates shares a universe with Awakening and prior games in said universe. That said, I don't think it's been confirmed either way? Personally I prefer to assume the latter but your idea fits just as well.

7 hours ago, Maimishou said:

Just because that's true doesn't mean you can assume it's what happened. The easiest explanation is that Fates shares a universe with Awakening and prior games in said universe. That said, I don't think it's been confirmed either way? Personally I prefer to assume the latter but your idea fits just as well.

Fates sharing a world with Awakening (and thus Archanea) is actually the hardest explanation, as it requires you to A) fit the whole backstory of Fates into the setting (not actually that difficult, Anankos's madness is pretty similar to draconic degeneration and you could just say there's another continent somewhere) and B) completely ignore Anankos's very specific mentions that he's from a whole different world to the FE: Awakening crew, not just another continent.

Now if you meant universe in the literal sense, as in, the entirety of time and space of a setting, then I agree it's entirely plausible that Awakening and Fates exist in the same universe, separated by billions of miles of the empty void of space. But at that point, what's the practical difference between dimension travel and magical teleportation across vast distances?