Who are characters you dislike and DON'T want added to Heroes?

Gregster101

Not sure if anyone has already done this topic yet, but I was feeling bored so I thought this would be something interesting to talk about. What Fire Emblem characters do you dislike and don't want to see added in Heroes? I'll go first.

There's a lot of characters I dislike who are already in the game (Peri, Hinata, Sylvia, Faye, Nina and so on), but in terms of characters I dislike who are not already in the game, the ones off the top of my head are Makalov, Daisy, Iago, and Hans. Makalov because he's an irredeemable piece of shit who ruined his sister's job as a member of Begnion's Holy Guard and ruined poor Astrid's character in RD, Daisy because Patty is my favorite FE4 character and I would be really mad if she got added before her (though I'm not against them eventually adding the substitutes after all the canon kids are added), and Iago and Hans because I consider them to be the worst Fire Emblem villains of all time.

Those are the only ones off the top of my head. What about you guys?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are characters I dislike a lot, like Forsyth, Laurent and Kiragi but probably none I wouldn't want in Heroes.

I'd prefer even them over seasonals and some of them already are in the game, like Innes and Walhart.

Although I suppose I can make an exception for "Brigand Boss" as well, whose inclusion would annoy me greatly, but that's hardly a character.

Edited by Vince777

I think most of us don't want our disliked characters in Heroes, we do dislike them after all. 

I wouldn't want Validar and Iago in the game because they are among the worst villains in the entire series. I'm pretty sure the two are also widely disliked. 

There's also Medeus. Unlike Validar and Iago he doesn't consist solely of bad traits but instead he doesn't even have any traits at all which would make him an extremely boring addition. 

Most of my least faves are already in the game. One of then even has multiple alts for each terrible variation.. (*cough Corrin *cough*). These are units I just have to live with I guess, but there are still some who I wish are never added:

- Rinea. Now I don't hate her per se. There's not enough to her for that. But her horrible relationship with Berkut (who is unfortunately already in the game) is something I do not need more than one game celebrating. She's basically just a plot device there to absolve Berkut of all his crimes, including ritualistically sacrificing her. No thanks, I don't want to see more of that.

- Makalov. Yeah I just don't want to see him in any other game.

- Devdan/Danved. Let Intsys prove they can learn from their mistakes, by pretending he never existed.

- Those horrible bandit twins from Awakening.

- Izana. I find him obnoxious.

Edited by Nanima

No one. Not even any of the few FE characters I hate.

Honestly, wanting specific characters to never be added to Heroes comes off as extremely petty and selfish. Just because one hates a character doesn't mean others won't like them, and wishing for their joy not to happen just because one hates the character sounds wrong over something so trivial. It's like getting angry that a restaurant has something you're not interested in.

Either use them for skill inheritance, send them home, or divulge into your personal fantasies of beating them up whenever you see them on the map. That's it.

Edited by NoirCore

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

There's also Medeus. Unlike Validar and Iago he doesn't consist solely of bad traits but instead he doesn't even have any traits at all which would make him an extremely boring addition. 

He's at least got an interesting backstory and a reason to be so vile towards humans. 

I guess Validar's also got somewhat of a backstory but I don't believe Iago has anything going for him (although I like his design).

16 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think most of us don't want our disliked characters in Heroes, we do dislike them after all. 

I wouldn't want Validar and Iago in the game because they are among the worst villains in the entire series. I'm pretty sure the two are also widely disliked. 

Medeus wouldn't be the worst addition compared to Iago and Validar. If anything I'm surprised he isn't already in the game considering he's the original main villain besides Gharnef. I could see him as a Mythic Hero, though Idunn being summonable kind of has me conflicted at the moment

I'm of the opinion that every named playable character and every major enemy character has a right to be in this game, even all of the palette swaps.

Unnamed characters and unplayable characters without any combat utility should not be added.

Honestly, I feel like the Tellius merchants (also Merlinus and Anna) do have the ability to be added to Heroes as a new "supply" unit type that lets you change skills in the middle of a map.

And I do want Iago in the game if only because I like his campy Japanese voice acting. It kind of grew on me while playing Warriors. Especially when Elise calls him a pleb.

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm of the opinion that every named playable character and every major enemy character has a right to be in this game, even all of the palette swaps.

Unnamed characters and unplayable characters without any combat utility should not be added.

Honestly, I feel like the Tellius merchants (also Merlinus and Anna) do have the ability to be added to Heroes as a new "supply" unit type that lets you change skills in the middle of a map.

And I do want Iago in the game if only because I like his campy Japanese voice acting. It kind of grew on me while playing Warriors. Especially when Elise calls him a pleb.

Iago is nothing but a complete suck up to Garon, and Hans is literally less interesting than a generic Brigand Boss from the GBA games. We'd just be scraping from the bottom of the barrel at that point.

Any more Heroes OCs, especially as legendaries or mythics. Yes, I fully know disappointment is both inevitable and inexorable.

With that out of the way:

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

- Rinea. Now I don't hate her per se. There's not enough to her for that. But her horrible relationship with Berkut (who is unfortunately already in the game) is something I do not need more than one game celebrating. She's basically just a plot device there to absolve Berkut of all his crimes, including ritualistically sacrificing her. No thanks, I don't want to see more of that.

Oh thank the Lord I'm not alone here. The fact this walking plot device was 2nd among the Gaiden / Echoes characters after Alm in CYL3 has got to be a war crime in at least five different countries.

Aside from Ms. Barely Qualifies as a Character:

• Kris, both genders: They suck far, far more than Corrin, and I don't even hate Corrin either.
  • meme characters: Why is Brigand Boss even an option in CYL anyways?
  • Selena the Borespar: The most painfully boring Camus I've ever had the misfortune of knowing
  • Characters like Izuka, Hilda, etc: Just for being irredeemable pieces of shit

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They would have to be more useful than that to actually be used by anyone. Maybe if they let you forge weapons mid-battle to add skills to your weapon for that battle. Or vulnerary heal mid battle.

Since many of my most disliked characters are popular ones, there was no way they weren't getting into the game, sadly. This has also caused for some people the illusion that I hate most characters, when I really don't. I'm neutral on a majority of them. It just so happens that the ones I dislike are just about all popular to some degree.

Edited by Anacybele

35 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Iago is nothing but a complete suck up to Garon

Taking Garon out of the picture, like in Warriors, seems to make him more interesting, then. Warriors is the only experience I've had with Iago, and he seemed perfectly fine there.

9 minutes ago, Etheus said:

They would have to be more useful than that to actually be used by anyone. Maybe if they let you forge weapons mid-battle to add skills to your weapon for that battle. Or vulnerary heal mid battle.

Being able to switch out skills like Quickened Pulse or Upheaval after the first turn or Null C-Disrupt after killing the Firesweeper seems more than useful enough to make the ranks of some teams.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

While I would be interested in seeing this, Heroes already lets staffers attack when they can't in the main series, so if these characters ever get added they'll likely just get a weapon.

And another reason I think they won't implement this idea is because it would be completely useless for enemy AI, making it worthless for Arena and Aether Raid defense unless they implemented some sort of planning system to tell the merchant what to swap out with which unit when. Which would probably be very complicated.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

And another reason I think they won't implement this idea is because it would be completely useless for enemy AI, making it worthless for Arena and Aether Raid defense unless they implemented some sort of planning system to tell the merchant what to swap out with which unit when. Which would probably be very complicated.

Unequipped units are also completely useless for enemy AI, yet you're allowed to put them in your Arena and Aether Raids defense teams as much as you want.

I'd imagine that the enemy AI would simply ignore the ability to switch skills, just like how the AI won't use mobility Assist skills offensively.

I get not liking meme picks such as brigand boss and how they spoil the vote for genuinely overlooked units, but I can't imagine being unhappy with any New Hero being added. It's only the alts that sting, since they took up the resources of building a new unit from a familiar face. Anybody that doesn't like Reinhardt but wants more Thracia units lost the day his alt was added. Meanwhile nobody outright loses if they dump a unit like Meg or Iago into the game.

Edited by Glennstavos

I broadly agree with Ice Dragon. Anyone with a name, a portrait, and, if not a playable character, some form of known combat utility should eventually be in the game. I always envisioned Merlinus as a staff unit, with an assist skill like Ice Dragon suggested. Meanwhile, I see the ballisticians as Bow Knights (low Mov, ballistae are treated as bows in some games) with legendary Firesweep weapons to simulate a ballista's 3-10 range.

"Brigand Boss" does not count as a name. Neither does "Captain" from SD Prologue IV. And alts with no basis in canon can sod off.

Obviously, I am very much looking forward to the "Meaningless Bosses" banner, starring Shizas, Bulzark, Pain and Agony, with Bone as a GHB.

EDIT: If they make that banner, I will break my F2P status over one knee and whale until I have them all at +10. I swear this on Lady Anna, the Random Number Goddess (may she forever doom me to 0-growth runs if I break my oath).

Edited by Seafarer

48 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Unequipped units are also completely useless for enemy AI, yet you're allowed to put them in your Arena and Aether Raids defense teams as much as you want.

I'd imagine that the enemy AI would simply ignore the ability to switch skills, just like how the AI won't use mobility Assist skills offensively.

That's not the problem I'm referring to. These units wouldn't be as valuable to pull for, so would likely make less money, especially since all the characters who would canonically fill this role who aren't Anna are not especially popular characters. That's why I said I don't think IS will do it.