Who are characters you dislike and DON'T want added to Heroes?

Gregster101

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

That's not the problem I'm referring to. These units wouldn't be as valuable to pull for, so would likely make less money, especially since all the characters who would canonically fill this role who aren't Anna are not especially popular characters. That's why I said I don't think IS will do it.

I don't see how being bad at half of two game modes (and the less important half of both at that) is at all a problem.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Taking Garon out of the picture, like in Warriors, seems to make him more interesting, then. Warriors is the only experience I've had with Iago, and he seemed perfectly fine there.

Even if you take Garon out of the picture, you'd still just get a nothing villain with Iago.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't see how being bad at half of two game modes (and the less important half of both at that) is at all a problem.

I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I don't think IS wants to add unpopular characters with brand new mechanics that are worthless in half of their PvP modes.

Actually I would really love it since I ignore defense anyway, so anything that strictly helps with offense would be a blessing for me.

I side to the meme choices for this one, overall I don't care who is added as long as a few of my favorites get their chances. 
And I say that is a good thing that we may dislike some units, if they have good skills you do not need to think twice about foddering them.

3 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Even if you take Garon out of the picture, you'd still just get a nothing villain with Iago.

We've already taken Garon out of the picture once. It turned him into a campier and maybe-more-competent Narcian (speaks more to Narcian's incompetence than anything about Iago), which I think is fine.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I don't think IS wants to add unpopular characters with brand new mechanics that are worthless in half of their PvP modes.

Actually I would really love it since I ignore defense anyway, so anything that strictly helps with offense would be a blessing for me.

Hence why Anna exists.

And as I already said, the defense "half" of Arena and Aether Raids is far less important than the offense "half". Saying that the defense "half" of PvP modes is even a half is seriously pushing it, and being bad at defense isn't going to significantly hurt sales.

3 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Honestly, wanting specific characters to never be added to Heroes comes off as extremely petty and selfish. Just because one hates a character doesn't mean others won't like them, and wishing for their joy not to happen just because one hates the character sounds wrong over something so trivial. It's like getting angry that a restaurant has something you're not interested in.

Agreed 100% and could not have said it better myself. Just because you personally don’t like a character doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be in heroes because as you that would be extremely petty.

Personally it takes a lot for me to dislike a character and of the few characters I do dislike(Like Faye), they are already in the game. 

5 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Even the poopy ones, like Dolph and Maccelan?

sure why not. i like more characters. Obviously i dont want those kinda characters to get that *5 star rarity but including them as 3 and 4 stars to start would be nice. Theres so many bloody characters and they dont add them into the game enough. Like the FE6 banner right now, other then idunn none of those characters should be *5 star to start except maybe sue cause she actually has importance to that games story/route selection.

24 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Agreed 100% and could not have said it better myself. Just because you personally don’t like a character doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be in heroes because as you that would be extremely petty.

Personally it takes a lot for me to dislike a character and of the few characters I do dislike(Like Faye), they are already in the game. 

Counter point. If a character you dislike gets in ahead of a character that you do like (especially from the same game), I would consider frustration to be understandable.

Ie: In my mind, a universe in which Hans would join before Rinkah or Makalov would join before Bastian isn't one I want to experience.

well, peri and harold are already in the game

probably percy

EDIT:

@Etheus "In my mind, a universe in which Hans would join before Rinkah or Makalov would join before Bastian isn't one I want to experience."

Deep inside, we all know that's exactly what's gonna happen

Edited by Yexin

- True Grima (not possessing Robin) as it is too similar to M and F Grima already in the game.  

- Mozu cause I am afraid of what Heroes would do with her

8 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Ie: In my mind, a universe in which Hans would join before Rinkah or Makalov would join before Bastian isn't one I want to experience.

That pretty much sums up how mad I would be if Daisy got in before Patty. And considering this is IS we're talking about, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually did that.

14 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Counter point. If a character you dislike gets in ahead of a character that you do like (especially from the same game), I would consider frustration to be understandable.

I mean I could understand the frustration but that still doesn’t mean the character shouldn’t be in heroes. To say a character shouldn’t exist just because you personally do not like them is extremely petty because well you’re forcing your subjective opinion on others and presenting it as objective. I mean if you dislike the character fine that’s your opinion but that doesn’t mean other people who like that character shouldn’t be happy

I mean I may not like faye but hey I’m not gonna say she shouldn’t exist because of my own subjective opinion cause there are people out there who do like her and are happy that she’s in the game

Edited by Ottservia

21 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

To say a character shouldn’t exist just because you personally do not like them is extremely petty because well you’re forcing your subjective opinion on others and presenting it as objective.

no one's forcing opinions on others though

we're just naming a bunch of characters we don't want to be in heroes, for our own reasons

Edited by Yexin

22 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I mean I could understand the frustration but that still doesn’t mean the character shouldn’t be in heroes. To say a character shouldn’t exist just because you personally do not like them is extremely petty because well you’re forcing your subjective opinion on others and presenting it as objective. I mean if you dislike the character fine that’s your opinion but that doesn’t mean other people who like that character shouldn’t be happy

I mean I may not like faye but hey I’m not gonna say she shouldn’t exist because of my own subjective opinion cause there are people out there who do like her and are happy that she’s in the game

On the contrary. Life is a bunch of disparate opinions. It's worse of you to tell me that I shouldn't not want a character than it is for me to not want that character.

In fact, that character can actually make the game experience tangibly worse. Brave Veronica and Legendary Azura, for example, are incredibly bad for the health of the metagame and actually make Arenas, AA, and AR worse experiences for their existence. I, and many other players, would be legitimately and justifiably happier if they never existed.

12 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Time to go in an odd direction with this one. I would dislike it if they add the kid versions of Zephiel, Guinevere, Roy, and Lilina from Blazing Blade.

What about dead characters like Elena and Rajaion?

5 hours ago, NoirCore said:

No one. Not even any of the few FE characters I hate.

Honestly, wanting specific characters to never be added to Heroes comes off as extremely petty and selfish. Just because one hates a character doesn't mean others won't like them, and wishing for their joy not to happen just because one hates the character sounds wrong over something so trivial. It's like getting angry that a restaurant has something you're not interested in.

Either use them for skill inheritance, send them home, or divulge into your personal fantasies of beating them up whenever you see them on the map. That's it.

Good on you, man. I actively try to avoid talking about characters I dislike, or causing a stink when said character shows up on an alt banner or whatever because I don't want to make anyone feel bad who likes said character. I almost took this thread as an opportunity to break that. Thanks for snapping me out of my hatred to refocus on what unintentional damage I might do to someone. :)

25 minutes ago, Etheus said:

On the contrary. Life is a bunch of disparate opinions. It's worse of you to tell me that I shouldn't not want a character than it is for me to not want that character.

To not like something and to not want something are wholly different from not wanting something to exist. The first two have trivial ramifications for other people, which is not true of the last.

I don't like guacamole, but I think it would be unfair to other people if I were to take the stance that I think guacamole should not exist.

I feel like Fire Emblem Heroes is a also way to introduce characters to the players, so not having a character because you personnally don't like them seems very wrong and petty.

There will always be people who like characters other don't, some of us already have to suffer because some vocal people keep complaining about them, but now choosing who must not be in a game about having a large cast of characters is very extreme :(

I think every character should have a chance to be in, and not only the good-looking and popular ones. I haven't played games before Tellius, so I'm always happy when comes a new banner with new characters, even if I don't like them at least I can learn more about the series.

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

kid versions of Zephiel

Prince Zephiel I could with as at least he actually does combat in a chapter.

For me I don't really care to see someone like Asugi and Celdori, they're already in the game basically so they add very little. Other than that Xane. I'm scared how they'll do him and expect the worse.