Who are characters you dislike and DON'T want added to Heroes?

Gregster101

1 minute ago, DemolisherBPB said:

Prince Zephiel I could with as at least he actually does combat in a chapter.

For me I don't really care to see someone like Asugi and Celdori, they're already in the game basically so they add very little. Other than that Xane. I'm scared how they'll do him and expect the worse.

Why do you dislike Xane out of curiosity? I'm curious to see how they handle Xane if he was to ever be added.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Why do you dislike Xane out of curiosity? I'm curious to see how they handle Xane if he was to ever be added.

Oh no I love Xane, but that's why I actually don't want I tailed off because the reference fates kids made me sad. It's just overall there are few characters I dislike, and most are in Heroes already or I hate because of Heroes. I'm worried if he is added he'll either just be a breath unit that copies stat boosts and is a bit meh, or is so grossly overpowered you don't stop seeing him everywhere.

Edited by DemolisherBPB
Missed a word, like a fool

1 minute ago, DemolisherBPB said:

Oh no I love Xane, but that's why I actually don't want I tailed off because the reference fates kids made me sad. It's just overall there are few characters I dislike, and most are in Heroes already or I hate because of Heroes. I'm worried if he is added he'll either just be a breath unit that copies stat boosts and is a bit meh, or is so grossly overpowered you don't stop seeing him everywhere.

If anything, something tells me we probably won't see Xane added until a big update with Book 4 where they add a Ditto-type mechanic...which would probably give them the excuse to add a Loki alt X(

29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

To not like something and to not want something are wholly different from not wanting something to exist. The first two have trivial ramifications for other people, which is not true of the last.

I don't like guacamole, but I think it would be unfair to other people if I were to take the stance that I think guacamole should not exist.

It depends on the example. You picked a deliberately trivial one.

Here's a non-trivial one. I wish that tobacco cigarettes never existed. Some people enjoy cigarettes and use them for stress relief. But it's undeniable that they smell awful and increase cancer risks to not only the user, but their spouse, children, pets, and anyone else who spends any substantial time around locations where the user smokes. Which is more selfish? Using the cigarettes which risk exposing non-consenting parties to health risks or wishing that the thing that exposes those parties to health risks never existed?

And in your trivial example, let's say that the invention of guacamole prevents the invention of something else. Let's say barbeque sauce. Because that is what happens in Heroes. When Guacamole is added to Heroes, Barbeque from the same game is not. 

And further, let's say that you are now forced, constantly, to deal with guacamole. It is added as part of the recipe for your favorite burrito or as a side dish included in the cost of your favorite meal. Because that happens in Heroes. I don't have the choice to never roll a blue orb and get Nowi. I don't have a choice to never face Legendary Azura in the arena. Guacamole is part of my experience whether I like it or not. 

Edited by Etheus

38 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

What about dead characters like Elena and Rajaion?

That seems fine, and they already set the precedent with noted popularity with Greil.

11 minutes ago, DemolisherBPB said:

Prince Zephiel I could with as at least he actually does combat in a chapter.

Ugh I see your logic, but adding the incompetent shoto green unit version of Zephiel would irk me.

16 minutes ago, DemolisherBPB said:

For me I don't really care to see someone like Asugi and Celdori, they're already in the game basically so they add very little. Other than that Xane. I'm scared how they'll do him and expect the worse.

For Caeldori I find that with Selena as a mother (a revelation only option I know), all my issues with her fall away. Her being the spitting image of her grandmother isn't as silly, and their support ends on this sweet reconciliation that emphasizes the differences between Caeldori and Cordelia.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

In fact, that character can actually make the game experience tangibly worse. Brave Veronica and Legendary Azura, for example, are incredibly bad for the health of the metagame and actually make Arenas, AA, and AR worse experiences for their existence. I, and many other players, would be legitimately and justifiably happier if they never existed.

I've spoken many times on what an awful mistake  Legendary Azura was and yes agree the game would be much better without her.  However that is a fault on the Heroes team has nothing to do with her original design (in Fates).  

Most of my most disliked characters are already in the game. Some make sense but one was memed into it and that really grates on me >.< 

So I will agree with everyone that says Brigand Boss. It's ridiculous he's on the CYL poll when he doesn't even have a name. I hope he never gets in. 

Anyone else... meh, they all have fans. I don't particularly like the idea of some, especially ones like Hilda, Sonia and Izuka, but I won't argue with them being added. I would love a way for all FE characters to eventually make it into the game, but that dream died long ago. They really should add the less popular ones at 3-4* along with some new skills but oh well -.- 

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

It depends on the example. You picked a deliberately trivial one.

I deliberately picked a trivial one because it is trivial.

Makalov getting into the game isn't a health concern, doesn't cause lung disease, cancer. Heck, doesn't even smell bad.

Guacamole being added to the menu probably does mean something else can't be there yet (because the money used to stock guacamole could otherwise be used on something else), but doesn't mean that that something else won't ever be there. And even then, it could have just been added because there was surplus profits and the restaurant owners just liked guac.

You don't know that the inclusion of a character actually pushed another character back. If they expanded a banner that otherwise would have been a 3-character banner to a 4-character banner by adding a character you didn't like, then it likely didn't delay anything.

(As for the cost of making assets, unless intern-kun is incredibly negligent at putting the correct dates on copyright watermarks or they're basing the date off of something we aren't aware of, it seems some of the art for this game was created more than a year before their characters were released.)

Edited by Ice Dragon

Yeah, sadly, there was no way that the two characters I actually hate wouldn't be in. Tharja and Camilla are both far too popular.

There are other characters I don't like (Peri, Hans, Laurent, ...), but I either don't mind their presence in the game because I don't feel that strongly about them (Peri) or I just don't honestly think they'll be getting in anyway (Hans).

As a general rule for me, anyone who hasn't appeared in or been referenced in at least 3 separate scenes has zero reason to even be considered for Heroes, no matter how much they might get memed. No bandit twins, no Batta the Beast unit, no Mustafa, etc.

6 hours ago, Vince777 said:

He's at least got an interesting backstory and a reason to be so vile towards humans. 

I guess Validar's also got somewhat of a backstory but I don't believe Iago has anything going for him (although I like his design).

Iago is pretty terrible in all areas but he's not entirely without competent traits. As you said his design is pretty good, its very distinctive. Iago's personality isn't really a problem either. He's just the definitive example of the Michelis archetype which has progressively lost the dignity of the original to focus on the overly ambitious aspect of the archetype until we got buffoons like Kemf and Narshen. Despite overlapping with the Gharnef archetype Iago really borrows from the more pathetic traits of the Michalis archetype, and in Birthright that works really well since he's allowed to be a complete loser in that route. The problems all stem from Conquest where the complete loser regularly humiliates both Corrin and Xander despite this not making sense.

In the end Iago has his uses when utilized correctly. He's relatively fine, if a bit boring in Birthright where he's depicted as a complete loser or in Warriors where he's just a midboss rather than the diabolical villain Conquest weirdly wanted us to believe he was. 

I am mostly indifferent. Other than Awakening!Anna and Apotheosis!Anna who I want to be in the game, I do not care who they add or do not add to Heroes.

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

In fact, that character can actually make the game experience tangibly worse. Brave Veronica and Legendary Azura, for example, are incredibly bad for the health of the metagame and actually make Arenas, AA, and AR worse experiences for their existence. I, and many other players, would be legitimately and justifiably happier if they never existed.

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

I've spoken many times on what an awful mistake  Legendary Azura was and yes agree the game would be much better without her.  However that is a fault on the Heroes team has nothing to do with her original design (in Fates).  

I think they are fine. It is annoying to deal with them at first, but players will adapt and find ways to thrive. AOTB!Veronica is no more threatening than other healers, and I rather deal with Hliðskjálf than Pain personally. As for VS!Azura, she is not that bad in my opinion with the right team setup. During Sharena's bonus weeks, she shuts down VS!Azura's buffs quite easily.

Edited by XRay

14 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Iago is pretty terrible in all areas but he's not entirely without competent traits. As you said his design is pretty good, its very distinctive. Iago's personality isn't really a problem either. He's just the definitive example of the Michelis archetype which has progressively lost the dignity of the original to focus on the overly ambitious aspect of the archetype until we got buffoons like Kemf and Narshen. Despite overlapping with the Gharnef archetype Iago really borrows from the more pathetic traits of the Michalis archetype, and in Birthright that works really well since he's allowed to be a complete loser in that route. The problems all stem from Conquest where the complete loser regularly humiliates both Corrin and Xander despite this not making sense.

In the end Iago has his uses when utilized correctly. He's relatively fine, if a bit boring in Birthright where he's depicted as a complete loser or in Warriors where he's just a midboss rather than the diabolical villain Conquest weirdly wanted us to believe he was. 

That does kind of perfectly sum up Iago now that you mention it. When used correctly, he's okay, but if used poorly like in CQ, he's the worst Fire Emblem villain ever made.

There are characters I dislike, but I wouldn't want them not in. Every FE character deserves to be in FEH.

Sure, there will be those who pitybreak me who I'll be fuming at (please don't put two Blues on the next Tellius banner, since I know one will be Ilyana) in the moment and hurling insults at. And certain characters whom I may dislike will come sooner than those I like. But thems the breaks.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 hours ago, NoirCore said:

No one. Not even any of the few FE characters I hate.

Honestly, wanting specific characters to never be added to Heroes comes off as extremely petty and selfish. Just because one hates a character doesn't mean others won't like them, and wishing for their joy not to happen just because one hates the character sounds wrong over something so trivial. It's like getting angry that a restaurant has something you're not interested in.

Either use them for skill inheritance, send them home, or divulge into your personal fantasies of beating them up whenever you see them on the map. That's it.

Pretty much this. There are characters that I'm disappointed in how IS built and characters I'd be disappointed in getting in before others, but those are pretty much par for the course at this point and while I wish things were different, I don't wish those characters weren't in. Heck, let every Batta, Glass, and Brigand Boss in, just please for the love of all things holy do it after the actual characters get in.

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

But that's entirely, 100% not what the topic of discussion is. Those characters exist and are pains because of their skills, not because of them as characters. No characters yet to be added have absolute requirements to their kits and stats that would guarantee they become irritants.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

But it's undeniable that they smell awful

No, no it's not undeniable. I have met people who like the smell. I like the smell sometimes. But regardless, that's completely irrelevant because as Ice Dragon pointed out, this game is so, so far closer to the guacamole end of the spectrum than it is smoking that to even compare it to the latter is frankly a bit insulting to people who've had or known people with smoking-related health problems. I know that's an ad hominem, but really, perspective.

And in your trivial example, let's say that the invention of guacamole prevents the invention of something else. Let's say barbeque sauce. Because that is what happens in Heroes. When Guacamole is added to Heroes, Barbeque from the same game is not. 

Also not the topic of discussion. This is characters you don't want to see, not characters you don't want to see yet.

And further, let's say that you are now forced, constantly, to deal with guacamole. It is added as part of the recipe for your favorite burrito or as a side dish included in the cost of your favorite meal. Because that happens in Heroes. I don't have the choice to never roll a blue orb and get Nowi. I don't have a choice to never face Legendary Azura in the arena. Guacamole is part of my experience whether I like it or not. 

Re above response. Nothing in any of their kits is guaranteed to make them annoying to deal.

Bold because I'm too lazy to break up the quote.

Edited by bottlegnomes

I would be salty if a troll pick like Brigand Boss or Jorge made it into the game just because of CYL votes. I don't feel too strongly about characters I dislike so I'd be fine with them getting in Heroes. Though if someone with barely any characterization like Fiona, Lyre, Kyzha, etc. made it into the game over far more popular and compelling characters, I'd be upset. 

Edited by Icelerate

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

ago is pretty terrible in all areas but he's not entirely without competent traits. As you said his design is pretty good, its very distinctive. Iago's personality isn't really a problem either. He's just the definitive example of the Michelis archetype which has progressively lost the dignity of the original to focus on the overly ambitious aspect of the archetype until we got buffoons like Kemf and Narshen. Despite overlapping with the Gharnef archetype Iago really borrows from the more pathetic traits of the Michalis archetype, and in Birthright that works really well since he's allowed to be a complete loser in that route. The problems all stem from Conquest where the complete loser regularly humiliates both Corrin and Xander despite this not making sense.

What pray tell is this supposed to be? A dramatic villain? I'm not sure if this archetype really exists. Never really heard of it before.

I mean I guess you can toss Michalis and Travant together, maybe Arion too (although that'd be ironic- Michalis killed his father, Arion would die for his father). Naesala being Travant 2.0 would therefore qualify as well.

Beyond these three though, i'm not sure I'm seeing it. There is nothing comical about either Michalis or Travant, whereas Narcian is purely comical in his dramatics, no semblance of a good intention behind them. I'd rather consider Narcian part of his own archetype (which Kempf may have founded- have yet to play T776), the "bravado villain"- petty, egotistical, and blustery, but always insecure due to their ineptness. Narcian, Sonia, and Petrine would all fall into this group, and Petrine and Narcian are really similar.

Michalis is egotistical, but his ego is expressed in a significantly different way, without the same level of exaggeration. And in the War of Heroes not-FE12, Michalis makes the ultimate sacrifice to obtain Starlight, besides saving Minerva earlier and being motivated by a desire to find and save Maria.

I don't dislike any character so much that I don't want them in the game. But I would like less OCs in the game, and no meme characters like "brigand boss" or whatnot.

Honestly, just the Brigand Boss. Even characters I dislike in their home games I would shrug and move on if they were added since at least they do have traits that if handled well can be made into fun and interesting characters. Brigand Boss is just a generic NPC that is pushed for jokes and doesn't have any other merit besides that. 

Edited by Medeus

Literally can't understand why someone would object to any character being added. Certain characters being added over others, yeah that makes sense, but saying I hate this character and would be disappointed to see them get into the game just doesn't compute for me.

7 hours ago, Yexin said:

no one's forcing opinions on others though

we're just naming a bunch of characters we don't want to be in heroes, for our own reasons

Intentional or no that is the implication when you say “Oh I hate x character and I hope they never get added into heroes” or to put it more bluntly “I hate X character they don’t deserve to be in heroes” . I mean think about it. What about those who like that character and would love to see them in heroes? Do they not deserve to be happy that their favorite character is in heroes? I may have been a little harsh in my wording but that is the implication.