Who are characters you dislike and DON'T want added to Heroes?

Gregster101

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote would have to go to the following:

Manakete!Morgan (Morgan born from Tiki or Nowi. I prefer Morgan's lineage to remain mysterious, and making a Manakete of her would take a lot of that away.)
Anankos (His simple presence ruined Fates, I don't want him ruining Heroes.)
Brigand Boss (I know this was covered already, but the meme's long since died.)
Marla and Hestia (Even though you can fight against them, they're not really important. At best, their reason for being put into Heroes would be because of either Jedah or Sonya...and honestly, no one really cares about them to the point where they should be put in Heroes.)
Rinea (As awesome of a character that she is, she was never a playable unit to begin with. Plus, her entire reason for being in Echoes is Berkut, and doesn't benefit the Fire Emblem series as a whole. At best, she's a plot device (albeit a very beloved plot device).)

A few weeks back ago I would have said Rutger. I don't really dislike him, but there was nothing unique or interesting about him to add in Heroes. We got a entire truckload of speedy swordman and his broody personality has also been done already. As a GHB he was fine. Unexiting, but fine.

Larcei for the same reasons as Ruger, but even worse. I don't see what she can add that her mother doesn't already bring.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What pray tell is this supposed to be? A dramatic villain? I'm not sure if this archetype really exists. Never really heard of it before.

I mean I guess you can toss Michalis and Travant together, maybe Arion too (although that'd be ironic- Michalis killed his father, Arion would die for his father). Naesala being Travant 2.0 would therefore qualify as well.

Beyond these three though, i'm not sure I'm seeing it. There is nothing comical about either Michalis or Travant, whereas Narcian is purely comical in his dramatics, no semblance of a good intention behind them. I'd rather consider Narcian part of his own archetype (which Kempf may have founded- have yet to play T776), the "bravado villain"- petty, egotistical, and blustery, but always insecure due to their ineptness. Narcian, Sonia, and Petrine would all fall into this group, and Petrine and Narcian are really similar.

Michalis is egotistical, but his ego is expressed in a significantly different way, without the same level of exaggeration. And in the War of Heroes not-FE12, Michalis makes the ultimate sacrifice to obtain Starlight, besides saving Minerva earlier and being motivated by a desire to find and save Maria.

Really? I thought the archetype was pretty well established. Then again archetypes do seem to be a somewhat controversial tropes. 

The way I understood it was that the Michalis archetype consisted of characters that were defined by being overly ambitious without the means to back this up. This started with Michalis who was an overly ambitious king without the means to back this up. 

I agree that Michalis and Narcian aren't quite the same. Michalis isn't a complete dullard...um okay,  he is but the plot really hopes you don't notice it, while being a dullard is Narshen's defining trait. But archetypes evolve which is why I stated the dignity of Michalis was replaced by more comedic aspect, something I see as having started with Kempf.

While I realize Wiki's are never the best source the Michalis archetype is listed there and it host most of the secondary villains defined by being ambitious. 

Larcei for the same reasons as Ruger, but even worse. I don't see what she can add that her mother doesn't already bring.

And she could end up blocking Shanan

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 hour ago, MilodicMellodi said:

My vote would have to go to the following:

Manakete!Morgan (Morgan born from Tiki or Nowi. I prefer Morgan's lineage to remain mysterious, and making a Manakete of her would take a lot of that away.)
Anankos (His simple presence ruined Fates, I don't want him ruining Heroes.)
Brigand Boss (I know this was covered already, but the meme's long since died.)
Marla and Hestia (Even though you can fight against them, they're not really important. At best, their reason for being put into Heroes would be because of either Jedah or Sonya...and honestly, no one really cares about them to the point where they should be put in Heroes.)
Rinea (As awesome of a character that she is, she was never a playable unit to begin with. Plus, her entire reason for being in Echoes is Berkut, and doesn't benefit the Fire Emblem series as a whole. At best, she's a plot device (albeit a very beloved plot device).)

I'd like to see Marla or Hestia as they're the only genuine Witch characters in the series (well plus Echoes Nuibaba). Still a bit disappointed they didn't give Fallen Celica some kind of warping skill.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Really? I thought the archetype was pretty well established. Then again archetypes do seem to be a somewhat controversial tropes. 

The way I understood it was that the Michalis archetype consisted of characters that were defined by being overly ambitious without the means to back this up. This started with Michalis who was an overly ambitious king without the means to back this up. 

I agree that Michalis and Narcian aren't quite the same. Michalis isn't a complete dullard...um okay,  he is but the plot really hopes you don't notice it, while being a dullard is Narshen's defining trait. But archetypes evolve which is why I stated the dignity of Michalis was replaced by more comedic aspect, something I see as having started with Kempf.

While I realize Wiki's are never the best source the Michalis archetype is listed there and it host most of the secondary villains defined by being ambitious. 

Micahlis didn't really fail to have to means to back it up though. He was reportedly a good king with great potential actually, just a bit on the harsh side and a stubborn dedication to remain on the path he had chosen. Quite unlike Narcian.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I'd like to see Marla or Hestia as they're the only genuine Witch characters in the series (well plus Echoes Nuibaba). Still a bit disappointed they didn't give Fallen Celica some kind of warping skill.

Micahlis didn't really fail to have to means to back it up though. He was reportedly a good king with great potential actually, just a bit on the harsh side and a stubborn dedication to remain on the path he had chosen. Quite unlike Narcian.

His grand masterplan was failing to convince Camus to defect and then challenging Medeus for world dominance all on his own despite not having a Falchion and despite Aurelius alone already being a though knut for Macedon to crack. I'd say that qualifies for being unable to back things up. He's a secondary villain dreaming of ruling or at the very least dominating the continent. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

4 hours ago, Sasori said:

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I like Larcei as much as the next guy, but I'm more interested in seeing Shannan get added before her, because she doesn't really add anything compared to Shannan. She's Ayra with short hair and that's it, whereas Shannan is one of the few remaining Holy Weapon users not in the game yet. Also Larcei being added instead of Shannan would lower Patty's chances of ever being added, so that's also why I'm not too keen on her getting added before Shannan

I would like they added every FE character in Heroes except the generic enemies characters such as Brigand Boss etc., which I personally don't even consider characters...

If they added some of the most hated characters we would have the possibility to destroy them with the characters they made suffer. Who wouldn't want to kill Sonia with Nino, Linus or Lloyd? Or maybe Hilda with Tailtiu?

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

His grand masterplan was failing to convince Camus to defect and then challenging Medeus for world dominance all on his own despite not having a Falchion and despite Aurelius alone already being a though knut for Macedon to crack. I'd say that qualifies for being unable to back things up. He's a secondary villain dreaming of ruling or at the very least dominating the continent. 

Michalis never challenged Medeus for world dominance. He remained loyal to their alliance right up until Marth defeated him. Marth and Gotoh both say Micahlis is an incredibly promising leader who just strayed down the wrong path.

19 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Michalis never challenged Medeus for world dominance. He remained loyal to their alliance right up until Marth defeated him. Marth and Gotoh both say Micahlis is an incredibly promising leader who just strayed down the wrong path.

Michalis never challenged Medeus because Marth defeated him before he could but that was always part of the plan.

Minerva:
Brother, you’ve changed…
Or should I say, you’ve changed to how you used to be.
So you truly were under the control of Garnef’s dark magic.
Misheil:
No, it wasn’t that.
Wanting to destroy that prideful Akaneia, and allow Macedonia to become the conqueror of this world, was my own idea.
I originally planned to ally with Durhua to destroy Akaneia, and then later join forces with Grunia’s Camus to defeat Durhua.
But father didn’t agree with me, and finally he sent me away.

29 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Michalis never challenged Medeus because Marth defeated him before he could but that was always part of the plan.

Yeah, he intended to, but he didn't. So he never over extended himself or let his ambition run out of control. He knew exactly what he was doing and wouldn't challenge Medeus without being certain of success. Michalis's flaw wasn't that his ambition was greater than his means, it's that he was willing to do evil things to fulfill said ambition.

Edited by Jotari

3 hours ago, Yukiko said:

If they added some of the most hated characters we would have the possibility to destroy them with the characters they made suffer. Who wouldn't want to kill Sonia with Nino, Linus or Lloyd? Or maybe Hilda with Tailtiu?

I can relate. I hate Surtr so much that when they finally made him killable, I redid that chapter a few times to shove Dire Thunder and Meisterschwert up his ass because I enjoy killing him so much.

15 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I would be salty if a troll pick like Brigand Boss or Jorge made it into the game just because of CYL votes. I don't feel too strongly about characters I dislike so I'd be fine with them getting in Heroes. Though if someone with barely any characterization like Fiona, Lyre, Kyzha, etc. made it into the game over far more popular and compelling characters, I'd be upset. 

I disagree. To me characters that get few lines and are shafted in their own games (like the characters with 0 supports you listed) should have precedence to get added so we can get a better understanding of them thanks to their lines in Heroes. Look at characters like Grima, Idunn and Duma, finally we have some lines to get to know them better.

Also, for the same reason, characters who sucked in their own games like Karla and Sue should be OP, while I'm happy characters like the Robins, Seth, Rutger, Oscar and Titania are mediocre, since they already got their time to shine and need to leave space to others.

To answer the topic. The only character I hate is Silas. He is already in, so for me they can add whoever they want.

Except brigand boss. I'm fine with characters like Batta the Beast, the Merchants and Layla that one singer who appeared in a single scene in Fates because they at least have a name and a hint of dialogue to build upon.

Brigand boss has nothing, so screw him.

I'll echo dislike of meme units that have no character, like Brigand Boss or Jeorge, at least until we run out of units, which isn't happening any time soon.  Meming a character in who actually has you know, character, like Dorcas (or Lot apparently, according to past CYLs) is perfectly acceptable.

For my personal taste, most of my disliked characters are already in, but if I had to pick one to keep out, it would be Reina.  Why her blood thirst gets a pass while Peri and Hans's gets condemned, I have no idea.

43 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'll echo dislike of meme units that have no character, like Brigand Boss or Jeorge, at least until we run out of units, which isn't happening any time soon.  Meming a character in who actually has you know, character, like Dorcas (or Lot apparently, according to past CYLs) is perfectly acceptable.

For my personal taste, most of my disliked characters are already in, but if I had to pick one to keep out, it would be Reina.  Why her blood thirst gets a pass while Peri and Hans's gets condemned, I have no idea.

Same reason Oboro gets a pass for being far worse about it than Reina. Because Nohrian scum are acceptable targets, apparently. 

23 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I get not liking meme picks such as brigand boss and how they spoil the vote for genuinely overlooked units, but I can't imagine being unhappy with any New Hero being added. It's only the alts that sting, since they took up the resources of building a new unit from a familiar face. Anybody that doesn't like Reinhardt but wants more Thracia units lost the day his alt was added. Meanwhile nobody outright loses if they dump a unit like Meg or Iago into the game.

This 100%.  I may not like certain characters, but I would never be mad if they make in to Heroes because any new faces to me are better then the 7th version of certain characters.  I want as many new units in Heroes as possible and I want to support all fans so that people won't be mad if my favs get in.  

Meg is an example of a character I've seen mentionned here on this thread a few times that I find unique and adorable. There's nothing like her in Fire Emblem.

I'd personally love to see her in Heroes. 

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Same reason Oboro gets a pass for being far worse about it than Reina. Because Nohrian scum are acceptable targets, apparently. 

Oboro at least has a multitude of support convos to flesh her out a bit more, whereas Corrin's support and her brief intro dialogue is the only thing Reina has to go off of.

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

This 100%.  I may not like certain characters, but I would never be mad if they make in to Heroes because any new faces to me are better then the 7th version of certain characters.  I want as many new units in Heroes as possible and I want to support all fans so that people won't be mad if my favs get in.  

If adding Reina meant Nyx, Forrest, and Kiragi got in too, I'd be fine with that.  It seems the have decided to stop adding alts on normal banners at least.  Of course the trade off being they decided to stop demoting units as well.

20 hours ago, XRay said:

I think they are fine. It is annoying to deal with them at first, but players will adapt and find ways to thrive. AOTB!Veronica is no more threatening than other healers, and I rather deal with Hliðskjálf than Pain personally. As for VS!Azura, she is not that bad in my opinion with the right team setup. During Sharena's bonus weeks, she shuts down VS!Azura's buffs quite easily.

I haven't really complained about Veronica, just like I've never complained about Ayra.  Cause at those times both of those classes needed a big buff they were specks of insignificant dust in the game.  Healers were never actually bad once the dazzle refines happened however they never were in the spotlight at all until Veronica came along.  

Legendary Azura is downright stupid design.  Dancers are still the most powerful unit type on defense teams and they power creeped the dance skill and made it easy for her to single handedly give +6 or even +7 to all stats and give +1 move all with a single refresh.  It is retarded, ridiculous, unnecessary and obsoletes every dancer except Dancing Micaiah and the herons.  So besides how it is to deal with her, her design just dumb.  I'm sure players could find a way to deal with mythic Surtr, basically Surtr but with +20 to each stat, it would still be terrible design though.

Count me in as another one who doesn't want any characters not added to the game. Same logic from the "Which FE game would you erase from existence" thread. Every character is someone's favorite and every playable character with a unique name deserves its spot in FEH.

Although I agree generic enemies and allies should be kept as such. I have no idea why "Brigand Boss" was a legit pick in CYL.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

I can relate. I hate Surtr so much that when they finally made him killable, I redid that chapter a few times to shove Dire Thunder and Meisterschwert up his ass because I enjoy killing him so much.

I hate Surtr a lot as well. I killed him several times with Laevatein in Aether Raids... It was very satisfying! 

yarne and panne deserve to be retconned from the series, actually every remaining awakening character other than basilio and flavia shouldn't be added for that matter, awakening is already oversaturated in heroes, special mention goes to mirel and her spawn.

other than the rest of awakening, I really don't feel too strongly about anything, most characters I hate are already in, otherwise I am indifferent at worst.

22 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

*ahem*

11 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Healers were never actually bad once the dazzle refines happened however they never were in the spotlight at all until Veronica came along. 

I feel like the biggest reason it wasn't more prominent was because before her there wasn't an easily available Wrazzle Dazzle staffer. Yeah, she's stronger than the others, but they were still a pain. It's just that there wasn't a shitton of them because the two skills necessary were, and still are, 5* locked, with one being seasonal until fairly recently.

10 hours ago, Jave said:

Count me in as another one who doesn't want any characters not added to the game. Same logic from the "Which FE game would you erase from existence" thread. Every character is someone's favorite and every playable character with a unique name deserves its spot in FEH.

Although I agree generic enemies and allies should be kept as such. I have no idea why "Brigand Boss" was a legit pick in CYL.

In a weird way, I think erasing one from existence might be less mean than actively excluding one. If it's wiped from existence, then all the people who liked it don't realize they lost anything. Actively excluding it but retaining its existence is taunting them. But yeah, overall I agree with your sentiment. Just let people enjoy what they like. It's not hurting anyone.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:37 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Narcian, Sonia, and Petrine would all fall into this group, and Petrine and Narcian are really similar.

It's been quite some time, but I never really got the sense that Petrine was particularly incompetent. She was a legitimately talented fighter, just the one time we saw her in combat she was up against Greil which is kind of unfair for any non-Laguz Royal not named RD Ike or the BK, and maybe Ashnard. As far as command ability, maybe more so there, but even then, she did pretty successfully track and nearly kill the GMs. It was mostly the Laguz showing up at a really convenient time that saved them. I think she might've also played a somewhat important role the invasion of Crimea, but my PoR is pretty hazy there. Her bravado always struck me as more of a self-defense mechanism because of all the abuse she received for being branded.

Actually, now that I think about it, Sonia isn't exactly incompetent either. If anything, she's even less so. She successfully infiltrated and manipulated the Black Fang and was a fairly competent mage in her own right. She was just a raging bitch.

Edited by bottlegnomes

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

*ahem*

I feel like the biggest reason it wasn't more prominent was because before her there wasn't an easily available Wrazzle Dazzle staffer. Yeah, she's stronger than the others, but they were still a pain. It's just that there wasn't a shitton of them because the two skills necessary were, and still are, 5* locked, with one being seasonal until fairly recently.

In a weird way, I think erasing one from existence might be less mean than actively excluding one. If it's wiped from existence, then all the people who liked it don't realize they lost anything. Actively excluding it but retaining its existence is taunting them. But yeah, overall I agree with your sentiment. Just let people enjoy what they like. It's not hurting anyone.

It's been quite some time, but I never really got the sense that Petrine was particularly incompetent. She was a legitimately talented fighter, just the one time we saw her in combat she was up against Greil which is kind of unfair for any non-Laguz Royal not named RD Ike or the BK, and maybe Ashnard. As far as command ability, maybe more so there, but even then, she did pretty successfully track and nearly kill the GMs. It was mostly the Laguz showing up at a really convenient time that saved them. I think she might've also played a somewhat important role the invasion of Crimea, but my PoR is pretty hazy there. Her bravado always struck me as more of a self-defense mechanism because of all the abuse she received for being branded.

Actually, now that I think about it, Sonia isn't exactly incompetent either. If anything, she's even less so. She successfully infiltrated and manipulated the Black Fang and was a fairly competent mage in her own right. She was just a raging bitch.

Petrine also so had Weapon Triangle Disadvantage against Griel, so good on her for holding out against him.