Who are characters you dislike and DON'T want added to Heroes?

Gregster101

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Oh I'm not surprised at all that the Fates villains aren't in the game. We were discussing the different factors that should be weighed when determining a character's inclusion, and one of them was representation. Fates is one of the most represented games in the series, but I don't think it's over represented as it's representation is slightly eschewed. I think the game(s) with the best representation is Archanea as they have basically everyone except Medeus (even Nyna I don't consider a major loss since, despite being playable at the very end of Mystery, she's not really a fighter).

I don't agree that Archanea's got everyone and Nyna is a very important piece. She's also playable in two of the four BS chapters although I suppose not many people have played those. She is a major loss to me. Much more so than any of the Fates characters that we don't yet have and I don't dislike Fates at all. 

Coyote Hardin should be there. Julian as well. Lena and Elice were important in New Mystery's plot. Kriss isn't there and while many hate him, he's all over New Mystery. Xane has a lot of dialogues for an Archanean character. I hope they go back to those games soon. 

Edited by Vince777

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

I don't agree that Archanea's got everyone and Nyna is a very important piece. She's also playable in two of the four BS chapters although I suppose not many people have played those. She is a major loss to me. Much more so than any of the Fates characters that we don't yet have and I don't dislike Fates at all. 

Coyote Hardin should be there. Julian as well. Lena and Elice were important in New Mystery's plot. Kriss isn't there and while many hate him, he's all over New Mystery. Xane has a lot of dialogues for an Archanean character. I hope they go back to those games soon. 

Not claiming Archanea is perfect, but I think of all the games it's the best. I'd like a lot of those characters too (especially Coyote Hardin as he was cucked for character development in Shadow Dragon. Other characters I'd like would be Bantu and Nagi for that dragon representation) but I think of its current roster Heroes does a good job of displaying what Archanea is.

Edited by Jotari

7 hours ago, Icelerate said:

What "junk" characters are in Tellius IYO?

My list would be:

1. Fiona

Hey now! Fiona isn't "junk". Not only her design and color scheme is beautiful, but if Micaiah's and Pelleas's story was the plot of their own game instead of just the beginning of a game, with the necessary expantions, Fiona would have probably been a pretty plot important character. Her backstory is kinda unique, as the daughter of one of the Four Generals who refused to obey to the evil new king. And he is now dead. Ike called, he wants his backstory back.

For this reason I believe Fiona would have a support with the Radiant Hero himself if only supports were in the damn game. This hidden connection is interesting and they would probably have a conversation about it. A hard to find one, being possible only in Act 4, but hey it can't be worse than Elincia's support in PoR. Too bad everything we know about her was said in a chapter and became irrelevant the next chapter. The Radiant Dawn special.

But I think Heroes could be the perfect occasion to expand on her character and it's better than waiting for the Tellius Remake.

3 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Hey now! Fiona isn't "junk". Not only her design and color scheme is beautiful, but if Micaiah's and Pelleas's story was the plot of their own game instead of just the beginning of a game, with the necessary expantions, Fiona would have probably been a pretty plot important character. Her backstory is kinda unique, as the daughter of one of the Four Generals who refused to obey to the evil new king. And he is now dead. Ike called, he wants his backstory back.

For this reason I believe Fiona would have a support with the Radiant Hero himself if only supports were in the damn game. This hidden connection is interesting and they would probably have a conversation about it. A hard to find one, being possible only in Act 4, but hey it can't be worse than Elincia's support in PoR. Too bad everything we know about her was said in a chapter and became irrelevant the next chapter. The Radiant Dawn special.

But I think Heroes could be the perfect occasion to expand on her character and it's better than waiting for the Tellius Remake.

Fiona definitely has potential. But unlike with her heavily hindered gameplay potential (fixable with a base level + stats increase), we never get any of her character stuff. And yeah, being Lanvega's daughter is seemingly significant. She needs a Tauroneo support for one, she and he can chew the nostalgic fat about him.

Her options are limited being in the Dawn Brigade, but that could be advantage if done right- a group where everyone really knows each other. Leonardo is a former noble, oblisse to the Daein state is something both might have shared growing up, with perhaps differences in how they regarded that sense of duty they could talk about.

Although rather an Ike support, I'd just go for a lengthy Base Conversation with a minor reward maybe. Why do we need Chat 1-Chat 2-Chat 3? I've heard some like the A Support convos in FEW, which don't have C and B convos accompanying them. One longer quality conversation can beat three shorter ones possibly loaded with filler.

She looks kinda cute too, with her darker than usual complexion for a little diversity (are we sure she didn't spend her childhood in Goldoa? where are Ena and Nasir by the way?).

And character past join-time plot irrelevancy is the norm throughout FE, and an improvement over total character irrelevancy in their joining chapter (Macellan, Barret).

Lastly, if Lance Cav is too crowded for Fiona, then just have her use that second Thani tome she gives Micaiah. And let her have RD Imbue as a better Renewal healing her every turn for Atk/2, or Res/2 since that is an explicitly magical stat.

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fiona definitely has potential. But unlike with her heavily hindered gameplay potential (fixable with a base level + stats increase), we never get any of her character stuff. And yeah, being Lanvega's daughter is seemingly significant. She needs a Tauroneo support for one, she and he can chew the nostalgic fat about him.

Her options are limited being in the Dawn Brigade, but that could be advantage if done right- a group where everyone really knows each other. Leonardo is a former noble, oblisse to the Daein state is something both might have shared growing up, with perhaps differences in how they regarded that sense of duty they could talk about.

Although rather an Ike support, I'd just go for a lengthy Base Conversation with a minor reward maybe. Why do we need Chat 1-Chat 2-Chat 3? I've heard some like the A Support convos in FEW, which don't have C and B convos accompanying them. One longer quality conversation can beat three shorter ones possibly loaded with filler.

She looks kinda cute too, with her darker than usual complexion for a little diversity (are we sure she didn't spend her childhood in Goldoa? where are Ena and Nasir by the way?).

And character past join-time plot irrelevancy is the norm throughout FE, and an improvement over total character irrelevancy in their joining chapter (Macellan, Barret).

Lastly, if Lance Cav is too crowded for Fiona, then just have her use that second Thani tome she gives Micaiah. And let her have RD Imbue as a better Renewal healing her every turn for Atk/2, or Res/2 since that is an explicitly magical stat.

Yeah, I guess a base conversation would be alright, but that makes me mad it doesn't already exist. I guess it would be hard to add base conversations only available if you put a specific character in Ike's group.

Your ideas for Fiona's supports are nice, but I would add a support with a Begnion character because of the fact she worked for Begnion for a while, to maintain peace. It would be an interesting topic of discussion, perhaps with Tanith or Sigrun.

I won't say with Sanaki, because Sanaki already has her hands full with supports that are MANDATORY for a remake, even if the inner mechanics of Act 4 work against them:

Ike - Micaiah - Reyson - Tormod - Pelleas - Sigrun - Tanith  Oliver

And this at the bare minimum.

Edited by GrandeRampel

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fiona could be a good candidate for the Wishblade actually.

36 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Yeah, I guess a base conversation would be alright, but that makes me mad it doesn't already exist. I guess it would be hard to add base conversations only available if you put a specific character in Ike's group.

Your ideas for Fiona's supports are nice, but I would add a support with a Begnion character because of the fact she worked for Begnion for a while, to maintain peace. It would be an interesting topic of discussion, perhaps with Tanith or Sigrun.

I won't say with Sanaki, because Sanaki already has her hands full with supports that are MANDATORY for a remake, even if the inner mechanics of Act 4 work against them:

Ike - Micaiah - Reyson - Tormod - Pelleas - Sigrun - Tanith  Oliver

And this at the bare minimum.

It would hardly be a priority plotwise, but they could have given her and Ike a base convo before the tower battles when all of the armies has meet up. Although I would totally be up for the start of part 3 having completely missable convos depending on how you organize your army. Some people might find it annoying to miss something like that (as if we can actually miss content like that anymore what with youtube and all) but I'd see it as cool hidden stuff. Like the Soren Ike tower convo with its really strict requirements.

Edited by Jotari

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A fair list actually, but I'd add a few more. Nealuchi is an old man sans supports (he did first show up in PoR yes, but his playability only extends to RD; he does have Beast Flier on his side), and Laura is quite bad too. I think Devdan/Danved could be added to this list, his personality being rather bizarre.

Leonardo, Edward, and Nolan are lucky they've the Dawn Brigade backstory notes. Hopefully IS remembers those exist if they ever come to FEH.

I forgot Nealuchi and I agree. Haven't read Devdan's supports but he's become a meme especially with Mekkah and Mangs' fanbase and having a bizarre personality and funny character gimmick is a plus. 

What about Heather? I think she's funny and unique enough. 

Laura is one of the few characters in FE10 that has a recruitment conversation. More importantly, she's the primary plot mover in chapters 1-2 and chapter 1-3. None of those chapters would have happened if she were excluded. Compare that to excluding someone like Mia from the story. Neither PoR or RD's plot would change at all except for the cutscene in RD and the part where she gets recruited in PoR. 

Among the underdeveloped RD, they also have more base conversations than the others. 

7 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

That's true. I would have liked to see more conversations between her and Tauroneo. 

I would like to see her in the game after we get these following characters in the game first: Ashnard, Sephiran, Ilyana, Marcia, Kieran, Edward, Nolan, Leonardo, Pelleas, Lucia, Geoffrey, Jill, Haar, Rolf, Ranulf, Lethe, Skrimir, Kurthnaga, Tauroneo, Zihark and Boyd.

All of them is too much to expect but half of them first. So the bolded would be the most ideal. 

Oliver-- oh wait...

On a serious note, It would really be atrocious if Memed/Joked characters like Brigand boss and Jorge (From Rd) etc end up getting added before important and slightly Less popular characters.

Edited by Skyla