That One Ingredient/Item That Is Always Served with in a Dish/Combo That You Do Not Want

XRay

12 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Y'all really do have no taste. Not liking grits- unacceptable! Grits are a southern delicacy, a staple of down home cuisine, one of the most classic dishes which any American is able to enjoy both the traditional and consumption- unless it's got those nasty shrimps, off course.

Dude, maybe like your taste buds like aren't like working well, dude, 'cause shrimp is like so totally awesome, dude. Shrimp is like totally the most consumed seafood in America, dude. Dude, like shrimp is like totally more American than like apple pie, dude, 'cause like you can totally find shrimp like in our waters, while apples like totally came from like Asia and like pies came from totally Europe, dude.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Dag-blame gub'ment try'n'a make people eat healthy. Not even those outside the States are safe.

Do they have something like that in the States?

Please... please... please!!! Stop adding onions to my soup! Or mushrooms into my pizza!! Please... oh and taking it off it doesn't help because they could be buried deep below the cheese... it makes me paranoic! That's not what I want from Pizza!!!

15 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Or mushrooms into my pizza!! Please... oh and taking it off it doesn't help because they could be buried deep below the cheese... it makes me paranoic! That's not what I want from Pizza!!!

You and my step-dad, he hates mushrooms.

19 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

You and my step-dad, he hates mushrooms.

HAHA! We'll be great friends!

P:S how right leaning is he :P

19 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

HAHA! We'll be great friends!

P:S how right leaning is he :P

Ehhh, moderately?

It seems that guys especially hate mushrooms.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

Dude, maybe like your taste buds like aren't like working well, dude, 'cause shrimp is like so totally awesome, dude. Shrimp is like totally the most consumed seafood in America, dude. Dude, like shrimp is like totally more American than like apple pie, dude, 'cause like you can totally find shrimp like in our waters, while apples like totally came from like Asia and like pies came from totally Europe, dude.

Yeah, well, you know what else comes from Europe?

English.

Also small pox.

1 hour ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

Do they have something like that in the States?

I'm not as sure for college students, but nutrient regulations for primary / secondary school lunches are a mess we've been trying to sort out for years.

52 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Ehhh, moderately?

So you like mushrooms? I wouldn't call it a sex thing though. I'm sure there's plenty of women outside who don't like them and plenty of men that do.

1 hour ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Ehhh, moderately?

not me I love mushrooms especially shiitake. Throw some in some steamed chicken or any kind of soup and boy does that taste good.

54 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Yeah, well, you know what else comes from Europe?

English.

Also small pox.

Dude, like I so do not speak English. I totally like speak American, dude. Like English and like American are like totally different languages, dude.

I think I am done typing in a So-Cal accent. My inner grammar Nazi is screaming in pain.

58 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'm not as sure for college students, but nutrient regulations for primary / secondary school lunches are a mess we've been trying to sort out for years.

Thanks to lobbyists, French fries count as vegetables. I do not mind them serving French fries since they are usually baked (you can tell since they are usually a bit soggy), but culinary and nutrition wise, they are more like starchy staples.

At least in Sacramento, and I assume California in general, we seem to have better school meals than most of the nation though. I rarely hear about people complaining about awful school lunches besides the media until I moved to New York.

11 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

So you like mushrooms? I wouldn't call it a sex thing though. I'm sure there's plenty of women outside who don't like them and plenty of men that do.

I don't mind mushrooms, I just know a lot of guys that don't like mushrooms.

10 hours ago, Ottservia said:

not me I love mushrooms especially shiitake. Throw some in some steamed chicken or any kind of soup and boy does that taste good.

Mmmm chicken.

On 17/03/2019 at 1:19 PM, XRay said:

Thanks, now I feel even worst for not being able to eat seafood.

21 hours ago, XRay said:

Dude, like I so do not speak English. I totally like speak American, dude. Like English and like American are like totally different languages, dude.

I think I am done typing in a So-Cal accent. My inner grammar Nazi is screaming in pain.

You know what else comes from Europe?

Nazis.

21 hours ago, XRay said:

Thanks to lobbyists, French fries count as vegetables. I do not mind them serving French fries since they are usually baked (you can tell since they are usually a bit soggy), but culinary and nutrition wise, they are more like starchy staples.

Yeah, what does and doesn't count as a vegetal is...funky, because they've quotas for how many of what food groups kids have to have on their plate. I do appreciate that they care, but I honestly don't think you can legislate healthy eating- most of the actual vegetables get thrown away and I'm not under the impression it helps kids appreciate carrots or anything.

11 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Mmmm chicken.

On a more positive note, chicken really is the best of the meats.

On a more negative note, I like fresh tomatoes, but chunks of tomatoes in my pasta is a big no-no for me. My sauce gotta be smooth.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

On 3/16/2019 at 11:34 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Here's my message to y'all cilantro haters- you know what else overwhelms a dish and makes it taste disgusting if you add to much? Salt. Garlic. Basically anything. I don't know if you make the food yourself or get cilantro at a restaurant, but don't confuse too much cilantro with cilantro being bad.

It's not about the amount of cilantro, it's just the taste of it.

2 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

On a more positive note, chicken really is the best of the meats.

Agreed

also another message to y’all cilantro haters. I kind of feel bad for if you ever decide to eat pho cause man pho without cilantro is just not the same. Like seriously a bowl of pho without cilantro is like eating Macaroni without cheese. It just doesn’t work. Neither does eating without beansprouts really adds that crunch

Edited by Ottservia

On 17-03-2019 at 10:37 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Same thing here! They recently removed every snack from kiosks inside schools and replaced them with fruits, which crippled their business. (And I'm not satisfied by eating just an apple, teaching consumes lots of energy!) Kids bring their own snacks from home anyway so it didn't do much for that part.

On 17-03-2019 at 11:00 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

I like em' in my spaghetti with cream and occasionally on pizza because I prefer pepperoni most of the time.

22 hours ago, Ottservia said:

also another message to y’all cilantro haters. I kind of feel bad for if you ever decide to eat pho cause man pho without cilantro is just not the same. Like seriously a bowl of pho without cilantro is like eating Macaroni without cheese. It just doesn’t work. Neither does eating without beansprouts really adds that crunch

So, what is this "cilantro" y'all speak of? It's a plant? Here in Chile we have a plant called like that and I wasn't sure if that's you were talking about D:

On 3/18/2019 at 2:06 PM, BergelomeuSantos said:

Thanks, now I feel even worst for not being able to eat seafood.

don't worry man I know that feeling. I was allergic to seafood for a good majority of my life up until recently where it just sort of went away.

21 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Agreed

I have never consumed this..."man foe." Tell me more of it.

14 minutes ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

Same thing here! They recently removed every snack from kiosks inside schools and replaced them with fruits, which crippled their business. (And I'm not satisfied by eating just an apple, teaching consumes lots of energy!) Kids bring their own snacks from home anyway so it didn't do much for that part.

So, what is this "cilantro" y'all speak of? It's a plant? Here in Chile we have a plant called like that and I wasn't sure if that's you were talking about D:

They haven't gotten rid of snack machines, but that might change by state. They did ditch soda, but not lemonade, or bringing your own soda, I don't think. Again, though, Federalism- different states can be pretty different.

It's an herb, used in Hispanic cuisine and apparently Vietnamese as well. It's got a sort of bitter taste to it, I feel, but apparently it tastes a little citrus-y to some.

Also, it seems like people who think cilantro tastes like soap have a gene that causes that- so I suppose I should retract some of what I said to them. You can't fault someone for inheriting bad genes, after all.

29 minutes ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

I like em' in my spaghetti with cream and occasionally on pizza because I prefer pepperoni most of the time.

Well I guess you can discoun me fro touching your spaghett'!

3 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I have never consumed this..."man foe." Tell me more of it.

I dunno if this is complete sarcasm or it's that and you don't know what pho is. In case of the latter:

Pho - a Vietnamese beef noodle soup(though sometimes chicken is used as the soup base) with silky rice noodles. It is typically topped with meatballs, beef tripe, cilantro, and beansprout along with various other meats and vegetables. By far one of my favorite foods shame it takes so damn long to make. I love it especially when my dad makes it but that doesn't happen too often. 

looks a bit like this:

Image result for pho dac biet

6 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Pho - a Vietnamese beef noodle soup(though sometimes chicken is used as the soup base) with silky rice noodles. It is typically topped with meatballs, beef tripe, cilantro, and beansprout along with various other meats and vegetables. By far one of my favorite foods shame it takes so damn long to make. I love it especially when my dad makes it but that doesn't happen too often. 

looks a bit like this:

Image result for pho dac biet

Looks yummy. I have not ate pho in a while so that makes me want to go eat some. I am not a huge fan of the tendons, tripe, offal, etc. so I only order the ones with rare beef. I like to take a few sips of the soup first to appreciate the work it went into it before adding in the side vegetables and sauces.

17 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I dunno if this is complete sarcasm or it's that and you don't know what pho is. In case of the latter:

I ain't ever had it, but I did google to know it was soup. I appreciate the description, though. It sounds interesting, I guess, nice to know there's a use for beef stock that isn't French Onion Soup which is good and onions are good also. Why does it have both meatball and tripe?

I absolutely loathe cheese. Anything with cheese I order, I ask for it to be removed. 

I find mashed potatoes disgusting. Can't even put it in my mouth without gagging. Cheese at least only tastes terrible, mashed potatoes is something I can't even swallow, and only smelling it makes me nauseous.

Not a fan of tomato. Definitely more edible than the other two, but I don't like how it tastes and would rather not have it. Funnily enough, I quite like tomato sauce.

31 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I ain't ever had it, but I did google to know it was soup. I appreciate the description, though. It sounds interesting, I guess, nice to know there's a use for beef stock that isn't French Onion Soup which is good and onions are good also. Why does it have both meatball and tripe?

Because why not. You don’t have to put both in, I just like a lot of stuff in my soup. You can also add fish sauce, siracha, hoisin sauce for a bit of extra flavor. Wish I could eat it more often but man boiling beef bones takes soooo long.

35 minutes ago, XRay said:

Looks yummy. I have not ate pho in a while so that makes me want to go eat some. I am not a huge fan of the tendons, tripe, offal, etc. so I only order the ones with rare beef. I like to take a few sips of the soup first to appreciate the work it went into it before adding in the side vegetables and sauces.

Yeah pho is great. Pho thai is good. I usually eat it with all the tendons and stuff because if it’s good that fat just melts like butter in your mouth but I digress. I also add in some fish sauce and hoisin sauce for added flavor. And yeah a decent amount of work goes into making it. Takes about 3+ hours of boiling and simmering to get the broth ready. It’s the main reason my dad doesn’t make it as much as he used to. It’s good but geez does it take a while to make.

great now I’m hungry

Edited by Ottservia