That One Ingredient/Item That Is Always Served with in a Dish/Combo That You Do Not Want

XRay

The answer to OP's question is pickles. When I order something at like a classic pub/grill place and see a slice of pickle on the plate there I pray its juices haven't leaked into anything else. I hate the damn things.

Also mushrooms are delicious.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/19/2019 at 9:42 PM, Ottservia said:

Because why not. You don’t have to put both in, I just like a lot of stuff in my soup. You can also add fish sauce, siracha, hoisin sauce for a bit of extra flavor. Wish I could eat it more often but man boiling beef bones takes soooo long.

Can't you make beef broth ahead of time? Like, make some and keep in the fridge for a while.

On 3/19/2019 at 9:42 PM, Ottservia said:

Yeah pho is great. Pho thai is good. I usually eat it with all the tendons and stuff because if it’s good that fat just melts like butter in your mouth but I digress.

That sounds kind of nice, I guess. Bits of unrendered fat in my meat have always been rather undesirable for me. It's all chewy and not meaty and gross.

On 19-03-2019 at 9:46 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

They haven't gotten rid of snack machines, but that might change by state. They did ditch soda, but not lemonade, or bringing your own soda, I don't think. Again, though, Federalism- different states can be pretty different.

It's an herb, used in Hispanic cuisine and apparently Vietnamese as well. It's got a sort of bitter taste to it, I feel, but apparently it tastes a little citrus-y to some.

Also, it seems like people who think cilantro tastes like soap have a gene that causes that- so I suppose I should retract some of what I said to them. You can't fault someone for inheriting bad genes, after all.

Good ol' snack machines... Can't trust em' after several coin eating tragedies.

It was the herb I was thinking, then!
I think I never got to taste it in anything, so I dunno what to say about it.

On 19-03-2019 at 9:55 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

Well I guess you can discoun me fro touching your spaghett'!

SOMEBODY TO... meme x3
Only on special occasions because I would never change my tomato sauce flavored spagett'!

On 19-03-2019 at 9:30 PM, Ottservia said:

don't worry man I know that feeling. I was allergic to seafood for a good majority of my life up until recently where it just sort of went away.

I'm not allergic to seafood, but since a sort of bug appeared on a clam while I was eating... I never touched one ever again.

On 3/21/2019 at 9:22 PM, 1% Critical Hit said:

I'm not allergic to seafood, but since a sort of bug appeared on a clam while I was eating... I never touched one ever again.

I've also been traumatized out of liking certain foods. I used to like sweet patatoes, but one day, I had sweet patato fries and spent the next couple of days throwing up like a faucet. One hell of a child hood memory, that was. I don't even know what caused it, but to this day, I can barely smell sweet patatoes without the need to gag. 

Also corn. I always hated corn. My mother claims that would throw up after eating corn during the time she was pregnant with me. Can't tell if she was kidding or not. It's something about that flavor and texture combination that I can't stand. 

Edited by Martin

On 3/25/2019 at 4:03 PM, Martin said:

Also corn. I always hated corn. My mother claims that would throw up after eating corn during the time she was pregnant with me. Can't tell if she was kidding or not. It's something about that flavor and texture combination that I can't stand. 

*Gasp* That is like my favorite food! I have never met anyone who disliked corn.

It is understandable though, sometimes we just have that one food we dislike for some reason. I cannot stand shitake and most Asian mushrooms and I have a strong urge to throw up when I eat them, but I am fine with portobello mushrooms.