WoL revival? (accepting new players!)

Dragoncat

54 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Hey, I've been pretty busy the past few days! I do have a new idea: spirits can lend their fighting skills/moves to the fighters or trainees to a certain extent. Like when I pick up Dunban down the line, he can give Shulk Blossom Dance. Not sure how further to explain this, I hope it makes sense.

Oh, sorry. Might come up with something when we start.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also the format isn't set in stone. I currently have two spirits, but will pick up a third later.

Let's discuss spirit abilities. One idea I have is Reyn channeling upper body strength to Link to make it easier for him to pull himself back up from a cliff. May work better with Shulk, since Link is more of a wilderness guy, but yeah, spirits can help fighters they don't know all that well too. 

Spirit skills for my two and eventual third may be something like:

Fiora's Swift Thorn: A lightning fast dodge and counterattack.

Reyn's Muscle Boost: A burst of strength.

Dunban's Speed Blade: A flurry of attacks.

10 hours ago, ElectiveToast said:

BBQ Arvis will be the second villain. Lemme think about the other two fighters. 

Julius is in as a villain jsyk.

Spirit Abilities:

Soren: Wind’s Brand Boost: Increases Magical/Special Strength and Dexterity if user is near an ally.

Viridi: Cragalanche Crush: Sends Cragalanche to fall like a meteorite on an area, dealing massive damage to everyone caught in a range of 35 ft.

Now for my eventual third spirit:

Death

Spoiler

Species: Other (Technically humanoid, but...)

Stat Buff: Strength +1, Wisdom +1

Eventual Ability: Allows user to wield Death’s Scythe.

Appearance: A skeleton with no lower half draped in a dark, dull blue cloak. The hood is pointed. The forearms and ribs are exposed. Wields a large, steel scythe. Usually seen with wisps of dead spirits floating around Death’s person and in his eyes.

Personality: Dracula’s most devoted servant, as it is his occupation. A cold, threatening, yet slightly cocky in demeanor. He does harbor no ill will towards anyone, but is largely indifferent to everyone except Dracula. Death is even an honorable figure, despite what his taunting may imply.

Backstory: This incarnation may come from the days of Richter’s journey, but he retains memories of all of his incarnations. Was called on by Master Hand to act for a role during the making of the reveal of Simon and Richter. He was reluctant, but he knew Dracula would be there, so he obliged. Since then, Death hangs out at Dracula’s Castle, serving as a bodyguard for his lord.

When Galeem consumed reality with light, Death was one of many spirits stashed away for future use.

Spoiler

The dark entity Dharkon, however, stole the spirit, as well as many others for his use, When Galeem was weakened by the Heroes. Stationed near the clocktower in Dharkon’s reimagining of Dracula’s castle, Death remained in a blue Robin double.

Would travel with whatever group(s) decide to go in the Southeastern direction. Disheartened that Dracula’s spirit would be unable to connect to the Heroes due to Dracula’s status as a high disciple for Dharkon, Death aids the Heroes so that all would be back to what they should be.

Related:

Simon and Richter (Adversaries)

Dracula (Lord)

Sonia II (Acquaintance)

2 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Viridi: Cragalanche Crush: Sends Cragalanche to fall like a meteorite on an area, dealing massive damage to everyone caught in a range of 35 ft.

May be a bit powerful, but I'll accept it because she is a goddess. Also, I actually want the spirit abilities to be granted to the fighters, not exactly from the spirit themselves, if that makes sense.

So Soren's will work, if we say whoever has him equipped gets it.

Edited by Dragoncat

37 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

May be a bit powerful, but I'll accept it because she is a goddess. Also, I actually want the spirit abilities to be granted to the fighters, not exactly from the spirit themselves, if that makes sense.

So Soren's will work, if we say whoever has him equipped gets it.

It does include allies, though. And whoever has her spirit has the ability to do it.

1 minute ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Ok, so how are we going to handle Galeem and Dharkon’s characters?

Good question, I'm thinking NPC them, they can talk to the villains, and maybe we can come up with something else later.

Galeem’s personality:

Spoiler

A celestial being that sought out to do what he was created for: wipe out all darkness and sin in the universe. As every fighter is derived of sinful beings such as humanity, they were all targeted. A “holier than though” sort of character, equating to arrogance and such. He also has tenets he is supposed to follow, such as doing nothing to do with the darkness.

Why Galeem has become disillusioned was because exposure to the sinful nature of the mortal plane has corrupted him. Basically like dragons from Fire Emblem who do not ascend and go crazy when they get old, except it did not take as long.

If there is any one character to make direct comparisons to, it would be Zamasu from Dragon Ball Super.

Dharkon’s personality:

Spoiler

A fallen celestial originally made for Galeem’s purpose to work alongside him, but he realized earlier what was going on with him, and was furious with how he Celestials did nothing. The celestials realized his sinful behavior, and Galeem sealed him away. Galeem serves as the one thing keeping Dharkon in darkness.

On the surface, Dharkon is a humbler being than Galeem. However, he believes in himself to overturn the established laws and make a new world in his own image, where freedom and strength are above all. He seeks the strongest to use as pawns to see this through. He is also a skilled manipulator, tempting fighters and trainees alike to go this way or that way, leading to traps and such.

He turned to darkness for the same reasons Galeem became corrupted.

I kind of want to make comparisons to Duma here, to the point where I think his voice fits. There’s also Satan, but Satan is more cowardly, while Dharkon is nigh undauntable.

My birthday was yesterday so stuff has been going on. On top of that I really need to work on this story I was commissioned to write. But yes, Toast should follow this thread.

Also I have BotW now so I can get a better feel for Lyall!