March/April 2019 Special Heroes Silhouettes!

Anacybele

I hope this banner has units from two or more games. The last spring banner was three different games so my expectations are high on this front.

Actually, have Yarne be in the banner. Just so we can have a tap quote like "hey, don't tug on my ears, it's not a costume!"

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see where everyone's getting Berkut. His hair isn't shaped like that. I can't recall what the back of Bruno's head looks like (hair shape wise) so guessing him was mostly based on what I remember of his bangs. The hair is so Hector's, though.

On the topic of why Lif got such a high vote on CYL3, I personally wanted to see more of him, which is why I contemplated giving him some votes. He hasn't been developed yet, but summonable characters have quotes that come with them, which helps you get to know them better. It's like seeing someone you think looks cool and being all "I want to get to know that person better." So you start looking for ways to spend time with them. Not everyone's reason for voting for someone is "this character was written very well and had a prominent role in his/her game" and votes counted towards a person shouldn't be interpreted as the people saying such.

I hope it isn't Hector, he has four versions already. Our previous seasonal banner featured only characters that didn't yet have a seasonal alt and only one character that had any alts at all, I'd like to see that trend continued here!

Edited by Anacybele

25 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I was halfway tempted by Bruno, but his glorious abs aren't displayed so I can skip with a clear conscience

Just wait until they datamine the damaged art. 

And... it's already out

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

And a free bow flier is always a plus.

I'll have to say, they're giving away the most interesting(to me) weapon/movement typing combination as a free unit. If her offensive stats are good, she's getting a Brave Bow unless her weapon is really good.  

Edited by Flying Shogi

Oh, snap, Taliesin Jaffe's taking over for his Critical Role teammate Travis as Bruno. Appropriate that he's a fuzzy healer.

Also, nice Radiant Dawn music selection! And Marisa making deadpan jokes is hilarious. Not to mention Veronica's silly "I am a rabbit".

Edited by NoirCore

8 hours ago, Othin said:

My reasoning is that the game treats them as separate, such as them each having their Catalog of Heroes profiles grouped separately and that they get similar versions in parallel, often at the same or similar times. For example, Morgan, Kana, and Corrin have each gotten two versions on or alongside the same banner, something that's never happened anywhere else. Therefore, for any predictive purposes, we shouldn't conflate them with characters the game does treat as the same.

You're right that this isn't the best place, though. We could continue this in the general discussion thread if you'd like.

i understand your points, but i don't think i'll change my mind

nah, i don't care that much about robin to keep discussing about him/her

thanks btw

Huh, I'd been skeptical of the Palla and Bruno suggestions but it turns out they were both right.

Another female-weighted seasonal is a bit irritating, but as much as I was hoping for Ayra, the characters themselves are all solid picks. I'd wondered if we might get Bruno introduced as a seasonal, and seasonal Veronica and Loki were both inevitable. I'm curious what the story will end up being.

I'm also glad that the dialogue seems less... unsettling than the previous one. I'm quite sick of the whole "girls forced to wear a sexy outfit they're clearly unhappy with" thing.

6 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Just wait until they datamine the damaged art. 

And... it's already out

Hide contents

I'll have to say, they're giving away the most interesting(to me) weapon/movement typing combination as a free unit. If her offensive stats are good, she's getting a Brave Bow unless her weapon is really good.  

Well...at least it runs for a month so I have a decent shot at attempting to get him? 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

He's still letting his shirt fall off, I see. lol But is there a bigger version of the image? It comes up really small.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Wait, I didn't know there was an English Heroes Twitter! I thought only a Japanese one existed and any FE Heroes news in English was only done by the normal Nintendo Twitter. I need to follow this. :P

But thanks! Bruno's artist really likes showing this guy's abs. lol

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Wait, I didn't know there was an English Heroes Twitter! I thought only a Japanese one existed and any FE Heroes news in English was only done by the normal Nintendo Twitter. I need to follow this. :P

The English Twitter is a fan account. They do translations of the Japanese Twitter as well as post the art of new characters as soon as they're available.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The English Twitter is a fan account. They do translations of the Japanese Twitter as well as post the art of new characters as soon as they're available.

Eh, I kinda figured. It's still the next best thing though, right?

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But thanks! Bruno's artist really likes showing this guy's abs. lol

Honestly, I would give green light to PenekoR (The artist of Bruno) for Rinkah.
So far Aversa, Nailah, Ares, Saber and a few others are also out of these hands. And I find them pretty solid overall. 

And I feel like it will be likely. But who knows. 

On 16/03/2019 at 11:51 PM, Jave said:

Micaiah is my favorite character 

Liar. 

Here's a look into the past. XD

Top 5 Females:

1.- Mia

2.- Micaiah

3.- Sanaki

4.- Marcia

5.- Laura

Mia is my favorite Tellius character, hands down. I probably just really like her archetype, but she's also gorgeous to boot. Micaiah I like because she alone makes FE10 interesting, despite her flaws, and Sanaki because of her interactions with Micaiah, and she gets some of the best lines in the game. Marcia and Laura are mostly there to fill the list, but I like them a lot.

Well are you upset we didn't get Micaiah? I'd rather she gets a different alt than a spring one so I'm happy. 

10 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Wonder which unit we get next year. Est, Laegjarn, Helbindi (he will be glorious in bunny costume),??? with ??? as free unit. 

Hmmm. . .methinks Est, Laevatinn (or however her name is spelled), Helbindi, and someone really off-the-wall, like Felicia.  Free unit could be something random like Eir in a bunny costume.

Maybe the bunny costume is Helbindi's personal hell.  Tee-hee~!

Edited by eclipse

If we get a seasonal Helbindi, I'm guessing the one joining him will be Ylgr. They got a fair amount of dialogue together, and she's the only one of the fire and ice siblings that doesn't have a seasonal by now.

23 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

But last year we got two Askrians, this year we got two Emblians. Well I guess we could get Ygr with Hrid, even if Nifl (except Gunthra) are not exactly interesting.

Or the shared nation isn't as much of a rule as you think it is.

3 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Yes maybe we will not get two OG and Est. 

Or we get Est and two OCs that have a connection that isn't a shared nation.

Or three OCs, like this time. Once you add Loki to the equation, it gets a lot more rough.