Chapter 9 FOW glitch?

I'm playing a fe6 randomizer, and I got to chapter 9 and I used nightmare to turn off FOW, just to see what I was working with. But I went back in and it didn't let me do any preparations. And I don't have noah or sue's replacements deployed, and now I can't get Shin or Fir. Anyone have any idea on a fix?

If you haven't actually started the map yet (or at least haven't gotten very far), reset the game and restart the chapter and make sure FOW is turned on. If you want to scout out the map before you start, I would suggest taking a screenshot of the map without FOW. I don't think it would be the randomizer, so it would probably be nightmare causing the glitch.

Maybe make a backup save of your game just in case.

Edited by indigocean

I made a backup, but I've tried setting FOW back to on and resetting a bunch of times but nothing has worked. I've restarted the chapter a bunch of times as well. I've thought about restarting chapter 8x and playing through it again, do you think that would work?

19 minutes ago, CamusSuperFan said:

I made a backup, but I've tried setting FOW back to on and resetting a bunch of times but nothing has worked. I've restarted the chapter a bunch of times as well. I've thought about restarting chapter 8x and playing through it again, do you think that would work?

I would say give it a shot and see if it works even though I don't really want you to have to go through the whole chapter again.

The glitch could be because of a combination of the randomizer and nightmare since they both edit the game in a way that isn't normal for it, and having two different programs change the game that way is going to cause issues.