March/April 2019 Special Heroes Arrive! Regal Rabbits!

Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, a rare occurrence where we like the same character. And I understand, she's the only thing I'm excited about too. :P

I think there's lots of characters we both like. It's just the ones that we disagree on, we REALLY disagree on. :P

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, thanks IS for at least making it clear now that Bruno is getting a spot on Farfetched Redux 3. Great.

That aisde.....yeah, I think trying for Idunn and/or Lugh is seriously my better option here. I kinda like Palla and Marisa, but not enough to forgive Veronica and Bruno being here.

13 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I didn't anticipate this banner would use 2018's as a strict formula. Especially since 2018 wasn't using a formula derided from 2017. 

I hope this doesn't become a pattern. It's uncreative, too.

6 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I never thought I'd be this disappointed with my favorite character getting a seasonal.

Depending on whether you had high hopes or low hopes, I can probably share the same stories about my favourites and their seasonals.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Huh, I really like the art...

I'm with @Landmaster. Not only is Pala my favorite Whitewing, she's in a toss-up situation for being my favorite character in the series, but this art just bugs me. Like with Winter Cecilia, it just feels like all IS thinks people value of-age female characters for is sex appeal. If Palla were a real person and she decided to wear that outfit, I'd be all "you go, gurl" but the way it is, it's just irritating to see a character I adore reduced to basically just tits because apparently she's not good enough otherwise.

@bethany81707 I guess middling expectations. I figured I'd be mildly happy about a Palla alt. Instead it's more of a just fuck off, IS.

Edited by bottlegnomes

I don't wanna pull but god damnit is veronica just so f*cking adorable. *sigh* this is gonna be hard to resist

Edited by Ottservia

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I think there's lots of characters we both like. It's just the ones that we disagree on, we REALLY disagree on. :P

I can only think of Sain and Fiora as other examples though. I'm either neutral on or don't like all the others out of your favorites as far as I've seen. xP But you could be right and I'm forgetting some. But I won't argue with the fact that we do really disagree on some, yeah.

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I'm pretty picky with art, I prefer cuboon so seeing her get Mayo is pretty disappointing~ I don't care much for it~

I always thought I could be kinda picky with it too, but maybe I'm not as picky as you. :P

This is eclectic. One Archanean and one Magvelian, neither very good (but both female), and for safety's sake, three OCs, one presently unplayable in any form for a real "oh la la!".

I don't do Seasonals, at all. And while both are female, I do appreciate new, more obscure characters getting Seasonal alts. I'll just use the TT one for TT autobattles, and then when it ends put them to the printing press.

22 minutes ago, Florete said:

I swear if Surtr gets an alt before Anna I'll...be very sad.

*I solemnly vow upon the flames of Muspel to press your bosom against my body until you cannot breathe, scar your buttocks with my clenching fingernails, and then wax and foster my seed upon thee so that you will do your duty to me. And once you're provided me with children, if you show weakness and the inability to bear more strong kindlings, I will throw your useless body in the trash heap to be incinerated at the week's end. If I desire more spawn thereafter, I shall take a new consort. Such is my pledge, such is your fate."

Bridal Surtr's level 40 quote.

Spring!Loki...  Oh, God...

27 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Why is it yet another seasonal banner with 4 girls and only one guy?

Three females to one male seems to be the new normal for New Heroes banners.  The Grand Hero Battle/Tempest Trial reward seems a bit more flexible, though this one just happens to also be female.

25 minutes ago, indigocean said:

R.I.P Est.

At least there's always next year... right?

I guess so.  I am a bit disappointed that we have to wait for the whole Spring!Whitewings trio.

I have not been this excited about a seasonal in a long time. Just a list of everything I find right about this banner.

Spoiler

1. IS remembers Bruno and Veronica exist
2. Veronica looks adorable in her outfit
3. Playable Bruno
4. Female character as the free unit
5. POPULAR female character that could have obviously been an orb sink as free
6. Characters from older games getting seasonal treatment

7. Marissa’s VA’s delivery of that line

8. Free Flying archer

I really wish I hadn’t spent the amount of orbs I had trying to pull a Thea or Subaki from the Binding  Blade Banner. I’m going to try and squeeze as manyorbs as I can from content I’ve yet to clear

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's why I don't like Marisa... I don't like emotionless  characters like her.

Marisa is not really emotionless, but rather she completely lack social skills. If you pay attention her tone of voice is different from the usual stoic and emotionless myrmidon archetype.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can only think of Sain and Fiora as other examples though. I'm either neutral on or don't like all the others out of your favorites as far as I've seen. xP But you could be right and I'm forgetting some. But I won't argue with the fact that we do really disagree on some, yeah.

Palla, Elincia, Kieran, Jill, Lethe (I think?), and Ryoma are a few! Maybe not liked for me as much as Lyn, Eliwood, Brom, Joshua, etc., but I do like all of them a lot. And I do like Ike's Path of Radiance self a LOT, like in that one particular game I'd say he's a favorite.

Wow... the English trailer completely missed the awesomeness that the Japanese trailer had. In the Japanese trailer, Bruno and Veronica had their introduction lines paired, with each of them talking about the other's outfit.

I'm probably taking this banner easy. Nothing wrong with the characters on the banner, but Idunn is just higher priority.

Marisa is cute, though.

Pros: 

- No Fates

- All characters without an alt yet (well Veronica Brave is an alt but still only 2nd version of her overall), debut of Bruno 

- Marisa fans finally have a summonable version of her

- Free Flying archer Loki is a pretty nice deal as that is not an easy move/weapon type to get a hold of.

Cons:

- Judgral.......when?

- The units don't look very impressive, though Palla dagger looks useful and Veronica might be really good.

I'll probably finish the circle of free summon and hope for a Veronica.  I still don't have a flying green tome after all.  

4 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Spring!Loki...  Oh, God...

Three females to one male seems to be the new normal for New Heroes banners.  The Grand Hero Battle/Tempest Trial reward seems a bit more flexible, though this one just happens to also be female.

I guess so.  I am a bit disappointed that we have to wait for the whole Spring!Whitewings trio.

I seriously wish we got more guys.  The Fire Emblem cast being mostly male overall means there are tons of guys getting left out.

I wish they kept the Easter Whitewings with the same movement type, but now it's going to be hard to keep them on the same team.

5 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I guess middling expectations. I figured I'd be mildly happy about a Palla alt. Instead it's more of a just fuck off, IS.

Yeah, that sounds like me and Tana. (Elincia, I actually liked. Shame she came after I quit, but ah well, not like there's been much else since that wasn't the Tellius banners.)

Me and my favourite non-pegasus girl, on the other hand... well, 'fuck off, IS' is probably too mild a reaction.

The only thing I really care about on this banner is Bruno, because he's our first male seasonal staff unit (and on a horse at that) and I still lack a razzle dazzle healer due to lack of anyone with wrathful or dazzling by default. I'll see if I can get him, but I won't go crazy.

Also, free Loki. No thank you. First Camilla, now her. Binding Blade could've had that TT instead lol

We have been getting some interesting TT reward units: armored colorless dagger, flying colorless dagger, blue flying beast, blue cavalry beast and now flying colorless archer. I like it. Curious to see what will be Spring Loki's 4* skill.

@Sunwoo First male staff user since  Lucius. That's surprising that took 2 years to get another one.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

2 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

If Palla were a real person and she decided to wear that outfit, I'd be all "you go, gurl" but the way it is, it's just irritating to see a character I adore reduced to basically just tits because apparently she's not good enough otherwise.

I don't really see the outfit as that egregious, or really very egregious at all. For one, saying she's been reduced to "just tits" is absurd. While we don't have the plain artwork yet, from what we see in the trailer that clearly isn't the case. She's basically dressed like Spring Catria, just green and without the gloves. While she is showing a little more cleavage, it really isn't enough for me to say she's "just tits". Plus, they aren't even close to the main focus in her attacking pose, unlike another spring alt, Spring Kagero. This blasting of the artwork feels unjustified imo.

5 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I'm with @Landmaster. Not only is Pala my favorite Whitewing, she's in a toss-up situation for being my favorite character in the series, but this art just bugs me. Like with Winter Cecilia, it just feels like all IS thinks people value of-age female characters for is sex appeal. If Palla were a real person and she decided to wear that outfit, I'd be all "you go, gurl" but the way it is, it's just irritating to see a character I adore reduced to basically just tits because apparently she's not good enough otherwise.

How does this Palla look like she's been reduced to just tits? I don't see her as very sexualized at all. I mean, she is a little bit, but all the female bunnies are to some degree. But to say she's just tits now is kind of a big exaggeration. You want a seasonal that's just tits, look at hot spring Camilla.

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Palla, Elincia, Kieran, Jill, Lethe (I think?), and Ryoma are a few! Maybe not liked for me as much as Lyn, Eliwood, Brom, Joshua, etc., but I do like all of them a lot. And I do like Ike's Path of Radiance self a LOT, like in that one particular game I'd say he's a favorite.

Barring Palla obviously, I didn't know you liked any of them, that's cool! Though Ranulf is my favorite laguz, Lethe is only third behind Tibarn. Also, I always thought you just plain didn't like Ike period. But I guess that's only RD Ike. I prefer PoR Ike's writing myself, but I prefer his RD self for design and a few of his lines and badassery. Getting sarcastic with Deghinsea, nearly getting duped by Aimee, saying Shinon wouldn't tell him he smelled smoke if he was on fire, and asking Oliver to go back to the enemies are all just gold. lol But not liking his lack of development and all is understandable, since as I said, PoR Ike did get the better writing.

12 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Is safe to guess that Spring Loki's bow will have the same effect that Spring Marisa's Lance has? Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2 during combat when foe's HP =100%.

Hope so, I want to steal it

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Wow... the English trailer completely missed the awesomeness that the Japanese trailer had. In the Japanese trailer, Bruno and Veronica had their introduction lines paired, with each of them talking about the other's outfit.

Aww, that would have been cute~

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I seriously wish we got more guys.  The Fire Emblem cast being mostly male overall means there are tons of guys getting left out.

Yeah, agreed on this.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Aw man, that sounds so cute! I wish the English trailer had done the same thing. But hopefully they still have English lines where they comment on each other's outfits anyway.

Also, one thing always confused me about Veronica and Bruno. Why is the former light skinned and the latter dark? This doesn't really occur in blood siblings unless their parents are a biracial couple or they're half siblings with one sibling having a parent of a different race. It's very very rare otherwise. I'd like to know if Bruno and Veronica actually have biracial parents or are half siblings. Their skin colors don't make a whole lot of sense otherwise.

Edited by Anacybele

For better or for worse, I’m not really finding any of these units particularly tempting.

For Palla, I’m not much of a dagger user, and I’ve got red armor-effective covered reasonably well. She’ll be a nice unit for people who have issues dealing with Surtr in AR, though. Her B skill is interesting, but nothing I’d want to replace a combat-functional B skill with.

Marisa, Bruno, and Veronica all suffer from the “I already have a unit for this role” condition. I do like the effect of Bruno’s staff, though.

Free flying Bow Loki is interesting.

I love Marisa but I absolutely hate her outfit and wish she’d gotten a non-playboy one like Sharena or Veronica did. Her skills are so underwhelming too so it’ll come down to her stats before deciding whether or not to pull.

Bruno has a staff I’m very interested in foddering but I also want a Bruno for keeps. Ugh... that spells trouble for my meager orb stash.

Loki being free and a flying bow user?! Thats certainly unexpected. I don’t have a flying bow user so she’s definitely appreciated in my barracks. Hopefully she has some neat fodder too.

Veronica is adorable but I’m not gonna go for her. I’d rather test my luck on getting an extra Sharena or Alfonse on the reruns to fix those awful banes of theirs.

Palla exists. Would have preferred Est.