March/April 2019 Special Heroes Arrive! Regal Rabbits!

Anacybele

I feel like I’m just speaking into air or something,

but I feel like whenever I feel that FEH has been addressing the gender imbalance, they’re really not... Like they are just giving mixed signals. February was really the best month so far in terms of balancing the gender ratio (even if the free units were women). Here, they just go back to the 3:1 ratio. Tiring, and I feel like this is last time I will have thoughts written about it because this complaint is getting repetitive and I feel annoying talking about it. 

Anyways, everyone’s cute. Bruno is questionable, but I wish he has half the good looks Spring Xander has. 

Edited by Aera

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm stunned at the free Loki, but that saves me from pulling on the banner. Kind of had a gut feeling we might get her after NY did the other OCs, but I wasn't fully expecting it. Not as good as her original Shigeki art, but she still looks pretty good. Also a free bow flier sounds great. I hope her weapon is a prf and does something cool.

Definitely feels like they're attempting to bait people into playing AR more to get grails with the string of popular/fancervicy girls getting TT'd lately.

The banner units all have really nice art and look fun. Only Marisa seems underwhelming unit-wise. Palla's a certified Surtr killer and that AR skill sounds like a pain for my  AR defense. Bruno's rather boring, but still good art. Veronica looks really nice but I'm annoyed they're putting a duel skill on a seasonal. Not that I'm surprised, but this is exactly what I was afraid they'd do. Azura keeping the B Duel stuck to her in a legendary banner was bad enough.

Overall, it's not really a group of characters I'm that into, but just off the art and how fun the units look, it still seems like a nice banner.. I'll probably have to skip to keep saving, but I wish I could get at least Palla and Veronica. Even 2 Veronicas to fodder one for the duel skill. Again, I'm glad Loki's free or she would have had to dump my orbs for her anyway.

I'm not sure if I want dupe Brunos for his staff and Dazzling Staff, or a dupe Palla so she can give her weapon to Flora.

But this banner amuses me.  Just not enough for me to blow my orbs chasing dupes.

22 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Really, that was fast! Must be in the notifications already and I just didn't look.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Japanese Twitter has recently always indicated how a freebie character will be added in the same post as the trailer if the character appears in the trailer.

As far as I've seen, it's been in the notification in the English version of the game for a long time, if not always. It's there right now.

Edited by Florete

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Also, one thing always confused me about Veronica and Bruno. Why is the former light skinned and the latter dark? This doesn't really occur in blood siblings unless their parents are a biracial couple or they're half siblings with one sibling having a parent of a different race. It's very very rare otherwise. I'd like to know if Bruno and Veronica actually have biracial parents or are half siblings. Their skin colors don't make a whole lot of sense otherwise.

I thought they said something along these lines at one point in book 1. Like the previous Emblian emperor remarried at one point after his first wife died or something.

Just now, Mercakete said:

I thought they said something along these lines at one point in book 1. Like the previous Emblian emperor remarried at one point after his first wife died or something.

I don't remember this. Huh...

I finished posting those seasonal Freddy ideas in the create a hero thread! Y'all might find Halloween Freddy particularly interesting. ;)

38 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If by Travis you mean Willingham, he was never Bruno. It's always been Jaffe as vanilla Bruno also has "T. Axelrod" as his voice credit.

Aw, crud. For some reason I thought it was Travis. Must have gotten the masked men mixed up.

48 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Welp, here's Loki:

Hide contents

I kinda dig the art except for the damaged one, that one looks bad if you ask me.

Now I'm sure Loki is indeed male. And a teenager. But a shapeshifter. This art makes me remember all those guys with hot female avatars in online games since they "prefer to look at something nice".

Yay for our first male healer on a horse. Still, they always make male bunny characters look gaudy instead of cool...

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

As far as I've seen, it's been in the notification in the English version of the game for a long time, if not always. It's there right now.

I'm pretty sure it was missing from both language's notifications prior to Marisa's Tempest Trials (since I recall the translation error in the English notification for that one).

And I only mentioned "recently" in Japanese to clear myself of anything in the distant past where it may have been absent, not to imply that something changed in the recent past.

Yeeaah, that Loki damaged art is kinda weird. Her boobs look like they're about to burst like balloons. Otherwise, I actually don't mind her art too much, and I'm legit surprised at the way her outfit actually looks like it properly supports her breasts, unlike some other designs in this game. :/ My only issue is the...uh...crotch. I don't think it's covered enough.

10 minutes ago, Granny said:

Yay for our first male healer on a horse. Still, they always make male bunny characters look gaudy instead of cool...

I think that is the idea.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure it was missing from both language's notifications prior to Marisa's Tempest Trials (since I recall the translation error in the English notification for that one).

And I only mentioned "recently" in Japanese to clear myself of anything in the distant past where it may have been absent, not to imply that something changed in the recent past.

Oh, okay. I said it the way I did because I know it's been there for a while, but I couldn't confidently say it's *always* been there.

The anti-trap skill is interesting, though I don't think I would use it on the B slot. The g-flier duel skill I could have a use for, though I'm not really too concerned about Arena scoring right now. I think I'll use the free summon on green if it's there.

Loki is probably the only unit that I'd want so glad she's the free one.

pass. while i want bruno, i want the OC one. Same with Veronica. The skills are also garbage for inheritance. So yeah not good.

Also what IS fetish with fliers kately? Last year it was armorers this year its fliers on seasonals

Green and colorless for me. But ugh, why does Loki have to be the freebie? X( She's gross. I like her colors, I can appreciate her bow's design, and I can respect her abs, but seriously? She's barely clothed! I know that's in character for her, and I know she does it because she likes messing with people, but I can't really respect such an attribute (being manipulative and/or (to this degree) mischievous) regardless, so it's a moot point. I wish the designs were more wholesome, at least for the units everyone's going to get. If people what to whale for these sorts, (Loki, Aversa, Heroes!Kagero (which is too bad because I like her as a character), Camilla) fine, but I'd rather not have them fall into my barracks just because I play TT. Bathtime Camilla was much more modest than this, and I could be okay with it, but Spring Loki...bleh... It was bad enough when her regular form pity broke me...

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Next up is Bridals! Want to see Julia in her mother's old wedding (to Arvis) gown? 

And for the token groom, just take this:

Reveal hidden contents

Sigurd

And replace the sword with a rose. Sigroom would be excellent man candy.

Just trying to think optimistically again. Better to do so than not. Even if the next Seasonal was Halloween and we still had no Jugdrali Seasonals, I'd try to conceive of something like Headless Horseman Eldigan that'd be feasible.

I'd like to see pre possession groom Julius and bride Ishtar.  Headless horseman Eldigan is suggested every year and would be awesome.  Hey if they have to put Ayra in a bikini or something, I'd even be down with that.  Judgral still has zero legendary heroes, zero mythic heroes, and zero seasonal units.

I am so tempted to spend money on Orbs... But I promised myself not to. It is making me feel like crap not being able to freely summon units I want anymore.

RR!Palla:
Pegasus Carrot seems pretty nice. Disarm Trap looks really niche to me, although I think it might be useful for Enemy Phase players. Player Phase players generally have no issues with traps since we want to step on Bolt Traps to get into HP thresholds, and Heavy Traps can simply be Danced/Sung off.

RR!Marisa:
Flashing Carrot looks pretty underwhelming.

RR!Bruno:
Ovoid Staff is really nice, it pairs well with Pushes too. I think it would be great with GOW!Eirika on a Ward Armor team.

RR!Veronica:
I want her the most. Veðrfölnir's Egg looks really good. I really want use my free Orbs on her, but I am not sure if I should.

RR!Loki:
I am glad she is free.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

So when do we get Surtr in a bunny suit? And will it be on fire?

After what he did to Gunnthrá, I want to see him naked and dying in a blizzard suffering from severe frostbite during a Christmas Foci. He is so naughty that the winter festival envoy should just watch Surtr die instead of giving him a lump of coal to warm up.

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Judgral still has zero legendary heroes, zero mythic heroes, and zero seasonal units.

Mythic Reinhardt Ishtar when? Kneel before the Goddess of Thunder!

25 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I'd like to see pre possession groom Julius and bride Ishtar.  Headless horseman Eldigan is suggested every year and would be awesome.  Hey if they have to put Ayra in a bikini or something, I'd even be down with that.  Judgral still has zero legendary heroes, zero mythic heroes, and zero seasonal units.

And I can already hear the complaints when it's Silvia in something revealing.  Or perhaps Tailtiu.

Worse yet, I can see this as being how they introduce someone like Shannan.  Which would mean that I'd be one of the complainers!

Nice to see alts we haven't seen before but I'm also glad that no units I like got an alt because I need my orbs.

Glad to see a Flying bow loki alt. Not because I like Loki but because flying bow units are rare and I would love to use one.

Edited by Hekselka

On the one hand, it's Palla, as you can see on the left here. On the other hand, the pragmatic side of me says I need to save every single orb I get for this month's legendary banner, or more accurately, for Legendary Azura.

I think the only possible compromise is to hold off until Azura appears (if she appears for me at all) then switch over for Palla. Bruno is nice too since more razzle-dazzle healers are always welcome. The other two aren't relevant for me. I probably should just snipe red with grey as backup, but my discipline tends to be poor when deciding between single and double sniping. And of course this means April's legendary banner is likely to be a complete write-off.

It's a little unfortunate in that I'm not the greatest fan of Mayo's art in FEH (or the generic bunny outfits in general), and that the Disarm Trap skill doesn't help me at all, but hey, what can you do? I don't have the time to wait for Legendary/Mythic Palla. :P

This banner isn’t really doing it for me.

palla is cool. Hoped she would get in and she did.

Veronica and Marissa are alright. Don’t really wsnt them, but sure.

I don’t really like Bruno as the sole male of the banner. He’s pretty dull.

likewise i’d rather have seen someone other then Loki as the tt reward.

Palla looks nice, both as a person and as a unit. Seems we have yet another answer to the Hector problem... again. Disarm Trap looks neat, but very limited in usability. I don't use units in Aether Raids unless they are a bonus unit, so Palla would only have a few AR weeks to really use that skill before it gets replaced, and I'm not summoning more than two Pallas just so I could fodder it to someone else.

Marisa is... interesting. Looks kinda bland skill-wise, and based on her normal form she'll probably not be that different from other Lance Fliers. But hey, she has an advantage against full health foes, which could prove a boon.

Bruno... okay it kinda looks like men are just doomed to have crotch bulges. But staring at mens crotches aside, Ovoid Staff looks neat. Kinda flows with Push skills without compromising skill slots.

Veronica looks and sounds cute. As for her weapon... interesting. If Forseti's Desperation effect were a skill (Desperation 4 anyone?), then her weapon would be deadly. As it stands though, I'm not sure what to think. I mean, she has Glimmer and Chill Res for standard skills. Not much to work with...

Is Loki's artist the same as Rhajats? I'll be honest, I don't like it. I can excuse the fact that we're just completely dropping any semblance of decency and going straight for sexy time bunny people, but her face... I have a similar problem with Rhajats, it just doesn't look right...

I'll be honest, I could care less about this banner specifically. I need to get all of the original Spring Festival units (finally, I'll get to fix my Lucina's terrible speed!) and replace the assets of the three Hares at the Fair I managed last year, alongside getting Catria. Oh man there's a lot of summoning in my future, isn't there...

Edited by Xenomata