March/April 2019 Special Heroes Arrive! Regal Rabbits!

Anacybele

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

palla's fine

marisa is completely out of place, and no, i'm not one of those guys who like it when personalities and outfits clash

bruno and veronica are basically 2 empty slots to me

loki is ok but goddamn you toshiyuki (she doesn't look as bad as i expected when i got told she was drawn by the same artist who drawn rhajat and noire, though)

i'd like my reyson to get G Duel Flying, but this banner's not seeing a single orb from me

Edited by Yexin

Thank god, I don't care for anyone on this banner. I can keep summoning for Sue in peace :D

I wish we would've gotten anyone but Loki as the freebie though, I despise her. Hopefully she has some good SI so she can go through the shredder as soon as I get her (after I get her Dragon Flowers of course though I do hate I will have to actually train and use her for that ugh).

Also, the banner says Regal Rabbits, but what justification do Palla, Marisa or Loki have to the title?

Spoiler

Yes, Joshua/Marisa is Marisa's fastest-growing Support, but Joshua/Natasha and Marisa/Gerik have a higher base- and the former the same growth- but I don't think this is what they had in mind.

Edited by bethany81707

Oh look, four girls to one guy again. They've managed to up the number of seasonals and still keep the number of guys the same -.-

Usual sigh out the way.

Really want Bruno. We finally have a male healer and one on a horse at that. I need!

Not bad selection of units. It’s a shame that they are reducing the amount of F2P orbs, since otherwise I’d have pulled here. 

Someone said that wanted C Flier Duel for Loki but founded it improbable. In fact, it has more probabilities to appear than most colour/movement combinations. As for now, all Duel skills have, at least, one dancer:

G Infantry Duel: Axura, Inigo, Lolizura, Elincia

R Flier Duel: Flying Olivia

C Infantry Duel: PA Olivia, Xander

B Flier Duel: L!Azura

G Flier Duel: Reyson

So the most probable ones to be given next are R Infantry Duel (Olivia, Lene, Silvia, Micaiah), B Infantry Duel (Ninian, Azura, Shigure, Ryoma) and G Flier Duel (Lenne is her name)?

Pallaaaaa! She's going to be top priority, followed by Bruno, then Marisa, then Veronica.

The art looks so good, too. Definitely the best seasonal banner this year.

Marisa's expressions and voice lines are adorable xD If only she was the TT unit and not Loki, urgh...

Yeah, I'm book'g Loki as soon as I get her. I hope she has good fodder at least. Watch this have no effect on her CYL ranking next year.

We've all had discussions about weird angles and proportions, like with OG Catria's back distortion, and a lot can be debateable (freeze frames basically making some of them at least plausible for short moments without breaking people's spines), but am I wrong to say that in Loki's damaged art her right breast is just completely off, even while bouncing up? Like, its position is just way to high to make any sense in my mind (at least if her internal bone structure is intact and not lethally broken. I already had some minor gripe with the artist's previous work (Noire, Rhajat), but, ultimately, I ended up liking them.... this one, on the other hand, just feels wrong, and I'm not talking about lewdness. My understanding of the human anatomy might be off, though, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyhow, banner is really unspectacular, and putting a G-Duel skill on a seasonal is another masterfully smart choice by Intelligent Systems (The name becomes more and more ironic to me). Legendary G-Duel wasn't enough, let's make it seasonal as well. Granted, I just don't give a damn about Arena anymore, but this is still beyond annoying for anyone who does, and that's without any noteworthy skill acquisition beyond gacha, and Grails.... which will not feature duel skills for a while, I think (and is generally very limited). Then again, I'm probably the fool, because other people will gladly pull for it with their monz, just to use.... uuh... NY!Azura in Arena? Whatever....

I'll definitely forget about the banner after the first circle; the spring banners are so bland. Everyone has the same costumes we've seen before, lackluster or even useless skills, and they don't entice me more than that. Sure, they are cute, but only my favorite characters would even be considered to be pulled with such low impact on gameplay. I appreciate the respite for my orb stash, and the inclusion of Palla/Marisa/Veronica alts. Bruno can buzz off, personally, he is so boring. Still, in my one summoning circle, I'll pull all, with the exception of blue, probably (sorry Marisa, you are just entirely useless with that kit and movement type).

Oh god Bruno's here.

Palla first is a Red Shuriken Flier- Well that's a bit tempting. Anyways she comes with Pegasus Carrot (Breaks armours, neutralises status effects and follow-up blockers when she has WTA and the usual dropping Def/Res), DA, Swift Sparrow, Disarm Trap (Does what it says on the tin) and Hone Fliers. If her stats are good she's a definite tempting option. Marisa (REALLY?) is a Lance Flier, with Flashing Carrot (+2 to all stats when opponent has full health), Reposition, Spd/Def Link (New!) and Flier Guidance. She seems disappointing honestly. Bruno is a Staff Cav (WE KNOW WHERE VERONICA GOT HER INSPIRATION! YAS!). He has Ovioid staff (which heals him and adjacent allies by 7), Martyr+, Miracle Atk/Def Push and Dazzling staff. I mean, if he interests you, that staff and A skill work wonders. Veronica is here as a Green Tome Flier (I mean, I guess...). She has Veorfolner's egg (which gives her +3 Spd and +4 to all stats if her HP's over 75%), Glimmer, Green Duel Flying (Of course, been a while) and Chill Res. I mean, same as Bruno. Also, at the end we see Loki. On a wyvern. With a Bow. I see she's more like Camilla after all. :P

Anyways, we finally got a red easter unit. And she's probably the best on this, but I'm not all that convinced by the banner.

Now that I think about it, there’s something really interesting with this banner, and it’s how will they handle the Year 1 Seasonal units. The current options discussed in this forum are:

1. They’ll run 3 Spring foci (2017, 2018 & 2019)

2. They’ll include 2017 Spring units as either 4* focus or 5* non-focus just for the Spring banners.

3. They’ll include 2017 Seasonal units (not only spring) as either 4* focus or 5* non-focus in every seasonal banner. 

Neither of the options would made me pull in this banner specifically, but the difference between 2 and 3 could make me pull in some banners such as Brides or Halloween.

I was hoping for Ayra or Reinhardt, but other than the gender ratio, I'm quite happy with this character lineup, especially Bruno and Marisa. None of the characters have anything I really need, though, so I think I'll pass for now. Might go for Bruno later on.

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, thanks IS for at least making it clear now that Bruno is getting a spot on Farfetched Redux 3. Great.

This suggests the opposite to me. It would have been hard to feature him on a Brave Redux banner since his normal version has special story stuff (and an outdated weapon), which they could have worked around with a Brave Veronica-style alt but it would have been weird to get that on a Brave Redux banner when Veronica got it from winning CYL. But this sidesteps that by making it so he has a playable version anyway. We've never previously had the question of if "seasonal but no other version" keeps a character from qualifying for Brave Redux, but I'm guessing it does.

2 hours ago, Mau said:

I wish we would've gotten anyone but Loki as the freebie though, I despise her. Hopefully she has some good SI so she can go through the shredder as soon as I get her (after I get her Dragon Flowers of course though I do hate I will have to actually train and use her for that ugh).

Level up with shards and crystals, you probably have a ton of em anyway. You'll barely have to look at her this way. And as a bonus the dragon flower thing doesnt give HM so she'll stay at 0 HM forever after turning her into a book. Can confirm, did this with that Camilla we got as well.

Ok, I'm happy for Palla's fans but at the same time I'm mad cause this confirms we will have to wait a year for best whitewing. I can't believe IS had the opportunity to make paired alts for the most iconic FE trio and decided "you know what? They can wait 3 years for it. They had to accept so much bullsh*t, they will accept this too" :-@

The rest of the banner doesn't interest me so... is that Veronica? Of course, she had to be the last unit revealed just to trick me into thinking I could skip this banner for a second... *unzips wallet*

It surprises me how many people seem to not like the Spring Seasonals at all, since I can't understand the reasoning. If they don't like fanservice, the Summer Seasonals and now Hot Spring show even more skin. And Winter!Tharja, Halloween!Dorcas and Bride!Tharja are more fanservicey than the Spring Outfits despite coming from festivities people see as more tame. And I know Playboy did wonders for making the bunny costumes a sexy icon, but in my opinion it did so well, and it was such a long time ago that now the iconic image of the Playboy Costume has gone full circle from being scandalous to becoming a well known and socially accepted part of pop culture. Or maybe I'm the only one that sees it that way.

And if the reason is that people dislike silly things, I can't help but think of the "no fun allowed" meme. Thankfully I know for a fact that for every detractor, there are 10 times more fans who embrace the sillyness and probably will make sure such banners stay profitable enough to continue to exist.

Edited by GrandeRampel

6 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

It surprises me how many people seem to not like the Spring Seasonals at all, since I can't understand the reasoning. If they don't like fanservice, the Summer Seasonals and now Hot Spring show even more skin

I mean, I can't say much about other people on this one, because I hate those two as well as Spring (seriously, guys, Xenoblade had less slots to assign to female swimwear and had room for this, why are we stuck with nothing but one- and two-pieces with the occasional maybe-floatie?)

8 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

And I know Playboy did wonders for making the bunny costumes a sexy icon, but in my opinion it did so well, and it was such a long time ago that now the iconic image of the Playboy Costume has gone full circle from being scandalous to becoming a well known and socially accepted part of pop culture. Or maybe I'm the only one that sees it that way.

But from what I've seen, I think the reasoning is that's all we get. Valentine's Mist would fit right in on a Spring Banner without alterations, you don't need to stick on a gratuitous pair of bunny ears.

Hmm. On second thought, I think I'll go for Bruno once I finish up with the legendary banner. Unlike Idunn, there isn't as likely to be better chances to get him later.

43 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Ok, I'm happy for Palla's fans but at the same time I'm mad cause this confirms we will have to wait a year for best whitewing.

But bunny Palla is already here 

Its a fine banner, very decent lineup. I like most people on the banner to some degree but not enough to pull on this one a lot. 

3 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

But from what I've seen, I think the reasoning is that's all we get. Valentine's Mist would fit right in on a Spring Banner without alterations, you don't need to stick on a gratuitous pair of bunny ears.

Is that so? Tbh I disagree in putting all the Spring Seasonals as the same, since it's really three different types of costumes. The Playboy costume (Camilla, Lucina, Catria, Palla, Marisa, Kagero), the fabulous costume with bunny hats (Xander, Chrom) and the long eared Hare costume (Alfonse, Sharena, Loki, Veronica, Bruno).

For comparison, the wedding and winter banners have a worse track record with only two types of costumes: The wedding dress (Caeda, Lyn, Charlotte, Cordelia, Tharja, Sanaki, Ninian) and the groom tuxedo (Marth) vs the Santa outfit (Chrom, Lissa, Robin, Eirika, Ephraim, Cecilia) and the reindeer costume (Tharja, Fae).

And you could say that even if they have variations in their costumes it's always just bunnies, eggs and carrots. But what do you expect from an Easter event? And don't even pretend it's not an Easter event just because the game says "Spring Festival". Everyone knows we have a Christmas event in Heroes, even if the game itself calls it a "Winter" event, and we all recognize the Halloween costumes even if the game never says the word Halloween and tries to pass it as some kind of Autumn celebration. In fact the one time Kagero had something different from your regular Halloween costume she was blasted by everyone.

For that reason I heavily disagree with your statement about Mist fitting in what's clearly a Easter banner in all but name. If she has the same design + a basket of eggs and a bunny hat she gets a pass.

This is all for the sake of consistency. 

I ask we do maintain very strict rules (like we did for Kagero) and if next year someone like Ayra dares to show her face in something that isn't Easter themed. Blast her! Blast her like someone who wears all red on St. Patrick Day!

Edited by GrandeRampel

7 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

And you could say that even if they have variations in their costumes it's always just bunnies, eggs and carrots. But what do you expect from an Easter event? And don't even pretend it's not an Easter event just because the game says "Spring Festival". Everyone knows we have a Christmas event in Heroes, even if the game itself calls it a "Winter" event, and we all recognize the Halloween costumes even if the game never says the word Halloween and tries to pass it as some kind of Autumn celebration. In fact the one time Kagero had something different from your regular Halloween costume she was blasted by everyone.

My issue here is, why are we limiting ourselves to Easter and Christmas? Homogeny amongst the designs simply limits the interest you can get from people outside of those who are fans of the involved characters, and the fact we're not labelling ourselves directly after the holidays, but a generic 'seasonal spirit', means that there's wiggle room to put in something outside the norm.

It doesn't take a lot of effort (well, a lot more effort than baseline) to put any random character in a bunny suit. It takes a little more to put in something for people who grow tired of bunnies.

Palla is the only interesting unit for me.

Marisa is ok but don't care enough to go for her.

The other two are Heroes OCs and I pretty much never care for them.

But at least everyone looks pretty good well everyone except Loki imo. Not a fan of Kusakihara tbh.
If only Palla was the free unit instead of Loki so I'd actually get a character I like and not one I heavily dislike.

2 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

My issue here is, why are we limiting ourselves to Easter and Christmas? Homogeny amongst the designs simply limits the interest you can get from people outside of those who are fans of the involved characters, and the fact we're not labelling ourselves directly after the holidays, but a generic 'seasonal spirit', means that there's wiggle room to put in something outside the norm.

It doesn't take a lot of effort (well, a lot more effort than baseline) to put any random character in a bunny suit. It takes a little more to put in something for people who grow tired of bunnies.

See, I can partially agree with this, but even then you can't be sure to please everyone. There are people who are tired of bunnies, but at the same time there are people who consiser the bunnies their favorite alts, and they already have to wait a year. Imagine the salt if they waited a year to discover the event was switched up with something else, like that Hindu traditional celebration someone mentioned. Not only do you have to wait another year if the new costumes aren't your thing, but maybe that one character you were really hoping for gets to be on that banner, just not in the costume you wanted, and because of the way it works, they can never get it (example since Valentine Titania exists, we will never get the Valentine Titania dressed like Valentine Lyn someone wanted).

Just imagine the salt. I can imagine myself being disappointed if it happens to Nowi in a month in which she would have gotten to be a bunny if they didn't change things up. Imagine if someone really wanted an Hector in a Santa outfit. Comes December and we get Snowman Hector. Maybe it will be an awesome alt in its own way, but people will feel regret that it could have been Santa Hector. Imagine waiting forever for your waifu to be a bride, and she becomes a bridesmaid instead.

Even worse, let's think of the worst case scenario. A year passes, and we are finally gonna get the final bunny whitewing to complete the trio. Except they decide to switch things up like you suggest, and now Est doesn't match her sisters anymore. A trio 3 years in the making ruined. I think people will call it ruined if they dare to give Est a slightly different costume, like the long eared one, so I don't even know what they'll say if she isn't a bunny at all. Or even worse, because they decided to switch things up for that year Est doesn't appear at all, and gets to be on the banner the year after... 4 years to complete the Whitewing alts.

Of course this is a 1st world problem. Complaining about which alts we get in a world in which Oscar is still missing Boyd and Rolf is a minor complain.

But still, it's food for thought. It isn't as easy to please the fanbase as one may think it is.