March/April 2019 Special Heroes Arrive! Regal Rabbits!

Anacybele

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I will disagree slightly here, with the acquisition of blessings being inconsistent (outside of summoning many Legendary Heroes) FTP players can be locked out of some of the Blessed Garden maps due to lack of blessings (especially those that require multiple teams of Blessed units)

That's true newer players might have missed out a lot of opportunities for those.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I'm pretty sure they give more orbs now than they did at launch so I wonder what happened that makes some people say the opposite now.

There have been a few recent changes that have reduced the number of orbs people were used to getting, for instance the change to month long quests have reduced orb gains by 4, the encore tap battle featured no orbs, unlike previous tap battles, Forging Bonds no longer give orbs at max score etc.

3 hours ago, Vince777 said:

I recall people praising FE Heroes for being pretty generous with it's summoning currency, when compared to other gacha games.

I'm pretty sure they give more orbs now than they did at launch so I wonder what happened that makes some people say the opposite now.

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Orb_distribution

This page has f2p orb info for all months, although it doesn't seem to be quite up-to-date with March yet.

Overall, it's been much better than early on. It's easy to forget just how many issues have been cleaned up since launch.

9 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

I just don't get why it isn't more reasonably priced. Giving a decent supply of f2p orbs is all well and good, but it doesn't change the fact that the only way you can financially support the company through this game is by voluntarily choosing to get ripped off. They might as well just have a donate button on their website for all the value they're offering back in return. If they sold more things like the BK value meal or even just sold orbs for cheaper, I might actually spend more on this. It's kind of disturbing that they believe this is a more lucrative business model, selling only to the truly spendthrifty and ignoring everyone else. And I don't know whether that assumption being correct or wrong would be more disturbing. Either they're correct and there are enough people willing to pay literally anything for these voice acted jpegs that they render the entire rest of the playerbase meaningless, or they're wrong and intelligent systems is out of their minds.

To expand on what @Lewyn said, the prices that Intelligent Systems charge for their Orbs is to maximize profit. In my opinion, their current prices are well within reason, since if they were not within reason, then the game would have died a long time ago or at least had their prices changed. Just because the price is not acceptable to you as an individual does not mean the price is not acceptable to the market as a whole.

We will use the following made up data as an example. To keep things simple, this is an example of revenue maximization, not profit maximization, but the concept is the same. Let us say if Orbs cost $1 each, players will buy 100,000 of them. However, if Orbs cost $10 each, players will only buy 10,000 of them. If you price Orbs somewhere in the middle, you will also get an amount sold somewhere in the middle.

Price : Quantity Demanded : Total Revenue
$1 : 100,000 : $100,000
$2 : 90,000 : $180,000
$3 : 80,000 : $240,000
$4 : 70,000 : $280,000
$5 : 60,000 : $300,000
$5.5 : 55,000 : $302,500
$6 : 50,000 : $300,000
$7 : 40,000 : $280,000
$8 : 30,000 : $240,000
$9 : 20,000 : $180,000
$10 : 10,000 : $100,000

In this example, Intelligent Systems should charge $5.5 per Orb to maximize revenue. If they charge less, say $4 per Orb, Intelligent Systems might sell 15,000 more Orbs, but the amount sold is not enough to increase their total revenue. A revenue of $280,000 instead of $302,500 is a loss of about 7%.

By the same token, this is basically how Orbs are priced the way they are today. If they lower the price of Orbs any further, the small increase in Orbs sold is not going to be enough to offset the loss in revenue that they could have earned at their current price.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I will disagree slightly here, with the acquisition of blessings being inconsistent (outside of summoning many Legendary Heroes) FTP players can be locked out of some of the Blessed Garden maps due to lack of blessings (especially those that require multiple teams of Blessed units)

It is impossible to be locked out of Blessed Gardens and Grounds due to a lack of Blessings unless the player severely mismanages their Barracks and resources.

Completing Book II Chapter 1-5 on Normal gives you Fjorm and a Water Blessing. Completing Special Training Maps on Lunatic (Melee and The Workout) will give the player an additional 2 Water Blessings. That gives the player full access to Water Garden, and completing all of them will give the player 12 Wind Blessings to fully access Garden of Wind AND Grounds of Wind, and completing Garden of Wind will give 12 Earth Blessings to fully access Earth maps, etc.

Edited by XRay

@XRay

That is assuming said player can handle Lunatic difficulty, which is not always guaranteed.

For example:

I am crap at anything beyond normal or casual Heroes modes.  So for me to get the required resouces as an FTP (mostly FPT) is nigh impossible until I got Grimmy to compensate and dip toes into Lunatic and even then I still might not actually get through the map/maps because even Grimmy has his limits.

So again I do think the lack of extra reachable resources is a HUGE problem, especially for those FTPs who are not even able to handle Lunatic because either they don't have the tools or characters at the appropriate levels.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

37 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

@XRay

That is assuming said player can handle Lunatic difficulty, which is not always guaranteed.

For example:

I am crap at anything beyond normal or casual Heroes modes.  So for me to get the required resouces as an FTP (mostly FPT) is nigh impossible until I got Grimmy to compensate and dip toes into Lunatic and even then I still might not actually get through the map/maps because even Grimmy has his limits.

So again I do think the lack of extra reachable resources is a HUGE problem, especially for those FTPs who are not even able to handle Lunatic because either they don't have the tools or characters at the appropriate levels.

The statement I was responding to claims that a lack of Blessings can lock free players out of Blessed Gardens. I am refuting that claim, since there are more than enough free Blessings. Player can still be locked out of Blessed Gardens due to other reasons such as lack of good units or skill fodder, but lack of Blessings is not one of those reasons.

Players have access to free guides on YouTube if they really need help with clearing the Story Map and Special Training Maps to get Fjorm and 3 Water Blessings. The first 2 maps of each Blessed Gardens are Normal and Hard difficulties; players should have no trouble getting 4 of each Blessings from those 8 maps. A player may lack good units to give Blessings to, but players are definitely not short on Blessings to give.

Edited by XRay

34 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

@XRay

For example:

If you can't clear the easier Blessed Gardens maps, what would be the use of accessing the harder ones?

13 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

I used to think Arena was this fun mode where you get to pit your best teams and your best strategies against the best teams from people all over the world.

It still is, for me at least. Somewhere along the line your goal has shifted from trying to beat the enemy army to trying to score as high as possible. I assume you got into this series because you like strategy games, and Heroes offers many ways to test your strategy prowess. But you've decided to focus on the collection aspect of the game, whether that's new units, crowns or whatever else, which is the worst aspect for a F2Player to aim for.

24 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Those maps never go away though, so it's just a matter of time until you amass the tools you need.

10 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Why not have a thread where we can really go in depth on these issues.

I dunno about the one on monetization models but I did make a thread called “the rights and wrongs of fanservice” a couple months ago if you wanna check that out.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

If you can't clear the easier Blessed Gardens maps, what would be the use of accessing the harder ones?

My point is that the player is not locked out of Blessed Gardens due to a lack of Blessings. They can be locked out of it due to other reasons, but a lack of Blessings is definitely not one of those reasons.

This is the post I was responding to:

12 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

And this is my refutation:

6 hours ago, XRay said:

It is impossible to be locked out of Blessed Gardens and Grounds due to a lack of Blessings unless the player severely mismanages their Barracks and resources.

Completing Book II Chapter 1-5 on Normal gives you Fjorm and a Water Blessing. Completing Special Training Maps on Lunatic (Melee and The Workout) will give the player an additional 2 Water Blessings. That gives the player full access to Water Garden, and completing all of them will give the player 12 Wind Blessings to fully access Garden of Wind AND Grounds of Wind, and completing Garden of Wind will give 12 Earth Blessings to fully access Earth maps, etc.

As a F2P, I've never felt locked out of Garden/Grounds maps, but boy do I give up on them quick. The stat inflation is insane, and if I want to try a new team composition with one of my unblessed units, and it doesn't work out because the AI is no longer moving the way I was planning around, that can feel like a wasted blessing. You can clear these maps with bad units, but the price of finding such strats is so high because you need to spend this resource just to try out a strategy. It discourages experimentation in a way that other PvE content doesn't discourage experimentation beyond asking for your stamina potions.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

My point is that the player is not locked out of Blessed Gardens due to a lack of Blessings. They can be locked out of it due to other reasons, but a lack of Blessings is definitely not one of those reasons.

This is the post I was responding to:

And this is my refutation:

Yes, exactly.

6 hours ago, Baldrick said:

It still is, for me at least. Somewhere along the line your goal has shifted from trying to beat the enemy army to trying to score as high as possible. I assume you got into this series because you like strategy games, and Heroes offers many ways to test your strategy prowess. But you've decided to focus on the collection aspect of the game, whether that's new units, crowns or whatever else, which is the worst aspect for a F2Player to aim for.

Those maps never go away though, so it's just a matter of time until you amass the tools you need.

yeup. proof positive. i finally cleared some of my water maps a few weeks ago. there is no time limit. 
(I have to wait to build more units to do the three team maps)

just need feathers. 

On the topic, got both Bunny Palla (and fed her to Ducklise) and Bunny Vewonica~ Both were very fortunate with IVs and within a small amount of Orbs, so this was quite the lucky Banner for me~

And meaning I'm not looking forward to the next one~ Always have better luck for units I casually want that ones I actually want~

On the conversation:

7 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

For example:

I have to disagree a bit here. Being F2P hasn't much to do with doing harder modes unless you just...never Summon...and literally have no units to use at all. I do pay every so often but I don't have any amazing +10s or Legendary units or anything like that. In fact, I only just finished my first 2 +10 units and both are units in the 4* pool and I don't even use them for things like Blessed Gardens or Infernal maps~

I know people who spend nothing with more +10s than me. It has nothing to do with paying or not unless you have no units. F2P units can clear maps with decent investment. That's why F2P guides exist. It's up to the Skill of the player how much they can get done with what they have.

Personally, I'm F2P and my highest merge so far is a +5 regular Cecilia. I also regularly stomp all the hardest PVE modes with units with little to no merges and virtually no rare SI.

I have a copy of all 254 different units I've ever obtained at 5* lv40, which makes it quite easy to spread blessings around. It's all about how you use the resources you have.

I spend a little here and there because I like the music and artwork, and I know once money dries up, so will new content.

I have 3 +10s, Veronica I hoarded for once she was announced with less than 50 orbs spent on banners I was interested in, Leg Ike and Felicia were increased slowly. Next goals are Valentines Ike and Easter Veronica, with 6 months to go before they reappear. I’ll need to compromise for their first Legendary appearance, at best only 1 is getting maxed out.

This is more in the hopes that they monitor which units we max out, with the hope that those characters will reappear, than for performance in arena type modes.

9 hours ago, Ottservia said:

I dunno about the one on monetization models but I did make a thread called “the rights and wrongs of fanservice” a couple months ago if you wanna check that out.

Oh this is wonderful!  We should all discuss fanservice stuff there.  I  know it is natural to react to banner reveals and opinions on too much/too little fanservice too much female to male, etc.  However when discussing the overall direction of the game and trends that should go there.  I'm heading over now to check it out!

Edit: Okay after checking it out this is in general FE forums and about the whole series, I think one specific about Heroes would be really good.  

Edited by Lewyn

25 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Edit: Okay after checking it out this is in general FE forums and about the whole series, I think one specific about Heroes would be really good.  

This does sound like it'd be helpful. We get a lot of Heroes-specific arguments about it, and having a Heroes-specific thread right there would make it easier to move them whenever they happen again. It'd also serve as a place to collect past arguments, to make it easier to find them and help avoid unnecessarily retreading old ground.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

This does sound like it'd be helpful. We get a lot of Heroes-specific arguments about it, and having a Heroes-specific thread right there would make it easier to move them whenever they happen again. It'd also serve as a place to collect past arguments, to make it easier to find them and help avoid unnecessarily retreading old ground.

I just made one and started the thread off!  Everyone is welcome to contribute let's get all the opinions out there and discuss.

• 2 weeks later...

I swear I'm going to punch something.

I got Marisa way back when the banner first launched. I got Bruno in my first session today. Two of four, how hard can it be to get the last two?

Aha. Ahaha. Ahahaha. Fuck you.

I've since gotten Elincia, Karla, Katarina, Laegjarn, Sonya, male Adrift Corrin, Lute, and Surtr. And no bunnies.

EDIT:

Got Palla. Only 127 pulls between Bruno and Palla.

Pitybroken by another male Adrift Corrin, Grima, and 2 5-star copies of Shigure (fuck you) before getting Marisa #2... who also has a mediocre nature (fuck you).

Thankfully, Veronica came home only 10 pulls later. And also has a mediocre nature. Never mind. Shitty nature.

I am so fucking done with this banner. And orb purchases for the rest of the month. I don't care who they release in this month's banners or who the next Legendary is. I'm done for the month (unless the next banner ends before the end of the month, in which case I'm sure to be throwing around another round of cursing).

Edited by Ice Dragon

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Two of four, how hard can it be to get the last two?

Aha. Ahaha. Ahahaha. Fuck you.

Yeah, the last two are always tough.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Only 127 pulls between Bruno and Palla.

That is a Switch right there.

$300-$400 sounds about right to get one of each Special Heroes. $200-$300 requires a bit of luck from my experience.