Tempest Trial+: To Defy the Gods (DATAMINE)

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

You need to remember to check the stats and skills on your own units and enemies.

Neutral Nino hits 38 Spd and gets Spd+3 from Giga Excalibur and Spd+4 from Swift Sparrow. That is 45 Spd. Foes often have inflated stats, so that 45 Spd is often times higher.

+Spd Palla hits 37 Spd, bonus stats take that up to 41 Spd, and that is nowhere near enough Spd to prevent doubles from SF!Nino in later maps where stats get progressively higher.

SF!Nino's Giga Excalibur also deals extra true damage if she is faster, and true damage cannot be reduced by defensive stats. She also runs Moonbow and that can cut RR!Palla's Res.

Then flying Nino is OP as fuck. IS made a mistake with her. At least I think so.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found I really can't be bothered with this TT. Usually I just battle through manually and have fun on Lunatic 7 but I hate so many of the maps in this one. Outside of the arena boat and mountain map, the map that has the four units closed behind walls is my least favourite. I've dropped to Lunatic 5 and will just meh it out from there. 

Honestly, if it weren't for the orbs, I wouldn't bother with this one at all -.-

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

found I really can't be bothered with this TT. Usually I just battle through manually and have fun on Lunatic 7 but I hate so many of the maps in this one. Outside of the arena boat and mountain map, the map that has the four units closed behind walls is my least favourite. I've dropped to Lunatic 5 and will just meh it out from there. 

You could what I do, just do two runs on the highest difficulty per day. And then do the rest with a bonus unit at a lower difficulty, like Hard 1, on auto-battle. Cuts down on the tedium. Drain your stamina in full, and use a stamina potion or another full stamina empty worth of autobattles later, and you'll hit 50k by the end of the duration of the TT.

And agreed I don't care for the walled map, since my team lacks any ranged units to snipe on turn 1 with.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Then flying Nino is OP as fuck. IS made a mistake with her. At least I think so.

She is not OP. You cannot tank nukes with just any unit, just as you would not use Frederick to tank Ophelia.

Against SF!Nino, you need a Spd tank to avoid her doubles or a Res tank with enough bulk to stomach her damage.

36 minutes ago, XRay said:

Against SF!Nino, you need a Spd tank to avoid her doubles or a Res tank with enough bulk to stomach her damage.

Assuming she’s got a spare Henry, G Tomebreaker is an easy solution as well. It’s what I ended up giving my bunny Palla since Disarm Trap is useless to me. As a bonus, it makes dealing with the nuisance known as the flying vermin Veronica a nonissue.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You could what I do, just do two runs on the highest difficulty per day. And then do the rest with a bonus unit at a lower difficulty, like Hard 1, on auto-battle. Cuts down on the tedium. Drain your stamina in full, and use a stamina potion or another full stamina empty worth of autobattles later, and you'll hit 50k by the end of the duration of the TT.

And agreed I don't care for the walled map, since my team lacks any ranged units to snipe on turn 1 with.

I might end up doing so. I think I'm slowly hitting the wall with the game - it's no longer introducing as many characters that appeal to me, no modes that really grab me, no 4* charries to build up... So probably turning off my brain and autobattling is the way to go until they do something that gets my attention. I can't imagine giving the game up but I never imagined I'd eventually find myself bored with FEH when it first began >.<

10 hours ago, XRay said:

She is not OP. You cannot tank nukes with just any unit, just as you would not use Frederick to tank Ophelia.

Of course I know that. But when you can't tank her with a high-Res, high Spd red unit, which is exactly what you're suggesting I use and exactly what I DID try to use, that's a problem. So I disagree and still think flying Nino is OP.

Edited by Anacybele

4 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I might end up doing so. I think I'm slowly hitting the wall with the game - it's no longer introducing as many characters that appeal to me, no modes that really grab me, no 4* charries to build up... So probably turning off my brain and autobattling is the way to go until they do something that gets my attention. I can't imagine giving the game up but I never imagined I'd eventually find myself bored with FEH when it first began >.<

I have been slightly bored with Heroes lately my self.  Honestly since Heroes is a mobile game it is not supposed to be played for long stretches.  Right now I have decided to just hoard orbs and focus on gathering feathers and grails until I can finish my merge projects.  I took a break like that for 2 month last year and I think breaks can be good.  Autobattle is my friend since I don't like taking a long time playing.

Edited by EricaofRenais

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Of course I know that. But when you can't tank her with a high-Res, high Spd red unit, which is exactly what you're suggesting I use and exactly what I DID try to use, that's a problem. So I disagree and still think flying Nino is OP.

Ehhh I wouldn't say Spring Palla is high Res, even with TT buffs, she's far from a Res tank, and not fast enough to avoid being doubled unless you seriously Spd stack her~ It's not surprising she'd get taken out by Giga Nino, unless maybe you give her Darting Stance Seal? Best way to deal with her is just take her on up close~ Her Def is low enough that almost any strong Axe or Sword will take her out~

5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Ehhh I wouldn't say Spring Palla is high Res, even with TT buffs, she's far from a Res tank, and not fast enough to avoid being doubled unless you seriously Spd stack her~ It's not surprising she'd get taken out by Giga Nino, unless maybe you give her Darting Stance Seal? Best way to deal with her is just take her on up close~ Her Def is low enough that almost any strong Axe or Sword will take her out~

39 Res with TT boosts and a buff isn't high? How? 41 Spd isn't high? How? I have not seen Res or Spd stats much higher than these at all. But I don't have a red unit with higher Res or Spd than her with the partial exception of GD Ike who has 44 Spd without any boosts/buffs.

It's not always easy to get a physical unit to flying Nino before she gets to them first due to her mobility and some of these maps.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

39 Res with TT boosts and a buff isn't high? How? 41 Spd isn't high? How? I have not seen Res or Spd stats much higher than these at all. But I don't have a red unit with higher Res or Spd than her with the partial exception of GD Ike who has 44 Spd without any boosts/buffs.

It's not always easy to get a physical unit to flying Nino before she gets to them first due to her mobility and some of these maps.

It's high yes, but not high enough for the trouble you're having. As XRay explained, Nino has Swift Sparrow, is already extremely fast, and has extra true damage from her weapon based on how much faster she is than Palla. 

So, you can give Palla Darting Stance Seal if Nino initiates against her, so she can potentially avoid a double. Or Warding Stance Seal, which we get from this TT, to give her more Res bulk.

It's generally easier to bait her out and then Reposition in a Melee unit to reach her and kill her before she reaches your team. What other units are you using for this TT?

Edited by Landmaster

On 22.3.2019 at 8:33 PM, Tybrosion said:

Heh, I'll also be joining you in putting ducky Elise to work in this TT+. And with bunny Veronica being the presumed boss, this'll be a good opportunity to break Sue in as well.

Though since I was able to miraculously acquire bunny Palla, I'll once again be fielding multiple teams:

Atk Asset / Almost All-Swift Sparrow Cav Squad

Hide contents

gECgn8o.png?1oaUcEyn.png?1*before the TT bonus stats are factored inIyvQrkl.png?1*before the TT bonus stats are factored inX6e1Zc4.png?1

Flier Squad

Reveal hidden contents

h1RxfaO.png?1*before the TT bonus stats are factored inNDCNiy3.png?158c8aQe.png?1Hhslcub.png?1

So basically, I'll always be fielding a Catria and a Hot Spring little sis regardless of each team I use.

Wow, really jealous of that Alfonse. I'd slap GF on him in an instant. 

16 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

It's high yes, but not high enough for the trouble you're having. As XRay explained, Nino has Swift Sparrow, is already extremely fast, and has extra true damage from her weapon based on how much faster she is than Palla. 

So, you can give Palla Darting Stance Seal if Nino initiates against her, so she can potentially avoid a double. Or Warding Stance Seal, which we get from this TT, to give her more Res bulk.

It's generally easier to bait her out and then Reposition in a Melee unit to reach her and kill her before she reaches your team. What other units are you using for this TT?

I should also give Palla another B skill to work with anyway when I'm doing something other than Aether Raids since Disarm Trap obviously only works in that mode. The earlier suggestion of G Tomebreaker sounds good, I should have some spare Henrys lying around either in the barracks or the combat manuals.

I decided to run all bunnies: Bunny Palla, Bunny Sharena, Bunny 'Fonse, and Bunny Catria. Admittedly, Catria has crappy IVs (+HP, -Spd), but she's still been able to do her job well. Palla is using the Acrobatics seal because she's teamed with cavalry and infantry.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I should also give Palla another B skill to work with anyway when I'm doing something other than Aether Raids since Disarm Trap obviously only works in that mode. The earlier suggestion of G Tomebreaker sounds good, I should have some spare Henrys lying around either in the barracks or the combat manuals.

I decided to run all bunnies: Bunny Palla, Bunny Sharena, Bunny 'Fonse, and Bunny Catria. Admittedly, Catria has crappy IVs (+HP, -Spd), but she's still been able to do her job well. Palla is using the Acrobatics seal because she's teamed with cavalry and infantry.

Yeah, defs get rid of that B Skill, it's serving her no use here. G Tomebreaker's a great option if it's several green mages giving you trouble. Just keep her on good health so she can use it~ If any of them has Repo, especially Catria, Alfonse should easily be able to one-shot Nino~ If the Aerobatics is serving you, keep it, but if you're not making too much use of it, Darting Stance may help~

46 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well no. - she isn't any more OP than say Karla, Naesala or Elise (Duck version)
a weapon that gives her speed. (that works on true damage, just like any melee weapon that does the same thing). 
and she has high speed (being a mage, generally does this anyway)
then swift sparrow. (which gives her atk and speed). 

that's it. 
You just have to make sure that you have a unit that is fast enough (to negate the double). generally speaking she's easy enough to bait out or circle around if you can't. so if IntSys screwed up with Nino, they screwed up with those 3 people as well. 

Edited by daisy jane

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Nino has relatively decent base Res, but that does not mean Nino with a Player Phase skill set can tank Ophelia. It is suicide even for most Res tanks to tank Ophelia. Tanking Ophelia requires a high visible Res stat and ideally high HP stat too. Res tanks with high invisible Res (Distant Def, Warding Stance, etc.) is going to be straight up massacred against Ophelia. You need the right stats and skills to tank the right nukes. Against SF!Nino, you need to either prevent her doubles or you need to have enough bulk to wall her off.

A proper Def/Res tank reaches at least around 50 Def/Res with relative ease. For example, your Frederick is a Def tank; on the other hand, Keaton with 38 Def running Death Blow is not a Def tank.

A proper Spd tank built for preventing doubles from nukes needs to reach at least 45+ Spd. More and more nukes can reach 50+ Spd, so 40 Spd is nowhere near fast enough to be called a Spd tank. +Spd vanilla Ishtar with Atk/Spd Sacred Seal already hits 51 Spd at 5*+0.

RR!Palla with Res buffs and something like "Warding Stance-Warding Stance" or "Fort. Def/Res-Fortress Res" is a Res tank. RR!Palla with something like "Atk/Spd Bond-Atk/Spd Bond" is a Spd tank. RR!Palla with Swift Sparrow is a Player Phase unit and is not an Enemy Phase tank; it can tank minor stuff like Boey and Deirdre, but it is not going to tank nukes like SF!Nino or buffed Gronnblade mages.

Edited by XRay

52 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You can also consider the Fierce Stance Sacred Seal if you find that she's missing a one-hit kill by only a few HP.

4 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I have been slightly bored with Heroes lately my self.  Honestly since Heroes is a mobile game it is not supposed to be played for long stretches.  Right now I have decided to just hoard orbs and focus on gathering feathers and grails until I can finish my merge projects.  I took a break like that for 2 month last year and I think breaks can be good.  Autobattle is my friend since I don't like taking a long time playing.

That could be a plan :) Most of my fun in the game usually came from levelling up and promoting characters but I've run out of them now xD 

Maybe a mini break and autobattling is the way to go :D 

Got to ask, now that many people likely have Loki.  What do you think of her sultry seductive voice lines?  It really seems to double down on thinking Kiran is a heterosexual male (or lesbian female).  

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Got to ask, now that many people likely have Loki.  What do you think of her sultry seductive voice lines?  It really seems to double down on thinking Kiran is a heterosexual male (or lesbian female).  

They are great, I love it. I learned much from the master of double entendres, innuendos, and subconscious suggestions.

And just because she is flirting with Kiran does not mean Kiran has to be male or a lesbian. I frequently make suggestive remarks towards my friends despite everyone being straight, and we slapped each other's butts for almost ten years now and that did not turn any of us gay.

23 minutes ago, XRay said:

They are great, I love it. I learned much from the master of double entendres, innuendos, and subconscious suggestions.

And just because she is flirting with Kiran does not mean Kiran has to be male or a lesbian. I frequently make suggestive remarks towards my friends despite everyone being straight, and we slapped each other's butts for almost ten years now and that did not turn any of us gay.

the same. Loki is just being flirty. and she is awesome. 
More grails when, IS? 

Today is a slog . I am way off my mark (sigh - i'll also have to spend maybe another potion or two to hit where i need to be for tomorrow. 

I reached the 50k mark and collected all the rewards using a team of bunny Alfonse, bunny Sharena, mCorrin, and B  Veronica. I'm happy that I saved the Spring siblings for a year, made my auto batting an ease. That Spring map with a destructible wall cost me a good amount of runs. 

9 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Currently running RR!Loki with Brave Bow +, Luna, Death Blow, Flier Formation, Goad Fliers, Darting Blow SS and she’s awesome. She’s much better than what I expected

I had the same idea first, since I like the respektive vanilla bows on Hinoka & Takumi and wouldn't mind a flying Brave+ user. In the end Lokis own vanilla bow works good enough with TT stats for me, so I gave her only Darting Blow + Ardent Sacrifice from a Florina.