Tempest Trial+: To Defy the Gods (DATAMINE)

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My prediction for the bonus characters is

• All 5 new characters
  • Spring Catria
  • Spring Alfonse
  • Spring Sharena

Catria because of Palla and Alfonse and Sharena because of Bruno and Veronica.

This is where my head is at as well. Lucky for me that I've got the Spring Askrans. Add a healer and Loki and there's my auto battle team. 

Loki will also be my first flying archer (holy cow, they've got four of those now?). I'm not sure I understand the logistics of having big boob ladies as F2P units rather than summonable. I guess because the big boob collectors are an untapped market as far as Heroic Grail expenditures. Mine that vein of sexual liberation, IS. There is nobody else to carry on the work of Hugh Hefner.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My prediction for the bonus characters is

• All 5 new characters
  • Spring Catria
  • Spring Alfonse
  • Spring Sharena

Catria because of Palla and Alfonse and Sharena because of Bruno and Veronica.

I am thinking that these will be the bonus units too.

In this case, I will use a cavalry team, with Spring Afonse, Nanna, Silas and Ares. If I get Spring Bruno  in my free summon + orbs in the same circle, I will use him.

I'm probably going to try running fliers if I can get Bunny Palla. If not... I guess I'll use the Bunny Askrs if they are indeed bonus units. If they're not, well, I dunno yet. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Looking at the past few TTs:

• Valentine's had Ike/Mist/Soren/Greil/Titania as the new units, and regular Ike/Oscar/Mia as the old ones.
  • Hot Springs had Ryoma/Hinoka/Elise/Sakura/Camilla as the new units, and regular Takumi/Leo/Xander as the old ones.
  • New Year's had Fjorm/Gunnthra/Hrid/Laevatein/Laegjarn as the new units, and regular Fjorm/Eir/Sharena as the old ones.
  • Winter had Eirika/Ephraim/Fae/Cecilia as the new units, and Winter Robin/Tharja/Chrom/Lissa as the old ones.
  • Adrift had Corrin/Corrin/Camilla/Mikoto/Azura as the new units, and regular Leo/Ryoma plus Kinshi Hinoka as the old ones.
  • Halloween had Mia/Myrrh/Kagero/Niles/Dorcas as the new units, and regular Mia/Dorcas/Myrrh as the old ones.

The tendency is main summoning pool units who either are the same characters as the ones on the banner, characters associated with them, or a mix of both. The only (recent) exception is Winter, which reran the old Winter characters, but had room for all of them due to only 4 new ones. That is not the case here.

Of the other five here, the associated characters showed up alongside the four where there was a clear thread connecting all the banner characters (Greil Mercenaries, Fates royals, Heroes OCs). Halloween, which was more miscellaneous, did not, perhaps in part because it didn't have a coherent character theme to connect to.

The spring banner... sort of has a theme. There's three OCs, then Palla and Marisa. Catria and Est could show up to join Palla, but that'd just leave one odd spot to connect to the others. I'm guessing they just pull a Halloween and have the other three bonus units be Palla, Loki, and Brave Veronica.

Edited by Othin

Spring Loki kinda looks like a Dairanger villain (like something out of a bdsm dungeon) definitely stands out from the rest of the spring units. Doesn’t look like a “spring” unit at all. It’s more of a summer swimsuit variant. I hope she’s at least good for fodder. I have no plans to use her.

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

Spring Loki kinda looks like a Dairanger villain (like something out of a bdsm dungeon) definitely stands out from the rest of the spring units. Doesn’t look like a “spring” unit at all. It’s more of a summer swimsuit variant. I hope she’s at least good for fodder. I have no plans to use her.

I mean if you really think about it, what she wears isn't that different from what the other bunnies wear. She simply forgot to wear a couple of layers of clothes she is supposed to wear to cover up her skin. Like, take Palla's dress, cut most of the cloth and you get the same result. She isn't really wearing an outfit that's different from the others, she is just wearing less of it.

My new headcanon is that Sharena made her costume, just like she made the others, but Loki took a pair of scissors to "fix it". On the day of the festival she said "what? I'm technically wearing what you gave me. Problems?"

Actually I'm hoping her chapter in the paralogue goes exactly like that.

6 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I mean if you really think about it, what she wears isn't that different from what the other bunnies wear. She simply forgot to wear a couple of layers of clothes she is supposed to wear to cover up her skin. Like, take Palla's dress, cut most of the cloth and you get the same result. She isn't really wearing an outfit that's different from the others, she is just wearing less of it.

My new headcanon is that Sharena made her costume, just like she made the others, but Loki took a pair of scissors to "fix it". On the day of the festival she said "what? I'm technically wearing what you gave me. Problems?"

Actually I'm hoping her chapter in the paralogue goes exactly like that.

lol that would be funny. 

i'm just hoping Loki has good stats, and skills that i'll feel bad about +10ing away. (and that her bow isn't like Marissa's weapon. not that it would matter, i'd probably put a brave bow in her hands anyway)

DATAMINE, assuming accurate:

Spoiler

jroailsv40n21.png

It looks like my prediction for the bonus units

Spoiler

was spot on.

As for the seals,

Spoiler

Meh. HP/Spd will be nice for Aversa, but that's pretty much it that I really care about.

Warding Stance is basically just a back-up Distant Def, so that's at least appreciated.

Spoiler

Catria time! I'm glad, she's super adorable and pretty good as a unit but I don't use her as much as I'd like to so this will be her time to shine!

The seals are meh, at least it'll let me save coins for the next crazy skill. 

The boss will be S!Veronica which means I'll need an archer, guess it's time for Klein to give his last feathers before becoming a flier slayer in AA.

Spoiler

Guess I'm going to be stuck using S!Loki as a bonus unit unless I get really lucky getting S!Palla or S!Marisa as my free summon. At least I can grind Hero Merit feathers off of her while doing TT runs. Plus apparently she has Goad Fliers so I can stop foddering off regular Palla now.

Spoiler

Ugh another TT where I am forced to use the reward unit. One that I really dislike this time even, drawn by my least favourite artist. They could have at least included one of the Year 1 units (Now I am seriously questioning if they'll even rerun those at all).  I am seriously debating just going without a bonus unit this time, even if it takes me twice as long as normal, just so I don't have to use Loki.  

I now regret foddering both Catria and Sharena for having horrendous IVs and being in classes that my barracks are oversaturated with.

Edited by Nanima

Spd/Res Bond... eh. It's alright. Probably won't max it like I have the other Bond seals so far, but I'll probably put it on someone who'd like the little extra boost.

HP/Spd is alright to. Not exactly Atk/Spd, but whatever. Small boost is still a boost.

Warding Stance... sure, it's alright. I'm not seeing many of my own units who'd like it, so I might just give it to Jagen to make his Res go through the roof

So the seals are overall... meh. Not bad, but not great. I guess this means we're due for Steady Stance SS at some point though.

And as for the bonus units... very predictable.

Edited by Xenomata

@Ice Dragon

Spoiler

Really, darn it. Can't even use her as an easy source for Goad Fliers. Is Flier Formation even that good of a skill? I can only think of it being good for catching people off guard for AI defense teams in Arena and Aether Raids.

@NSSKG151

Spoiler

Flier Formation is rather situational, though it's come in handy for me more than once. It's gotten me out of a few jams in Aether Raids at the very least when I need to move around, but can't snipe the Tactics Room.

For most players, the Sacred Seal should be enough, and if you want to play around with the skill, you should use the seal first to test how often you'll end up using it.

It's most threatening on an Aether Raids defense team that is running 6 fliers, all of whom have the skill and all of whom have either Goad Fliers or Ward Fliers (one or the other for the entire team, not mixed).

@Ice Dragon

Spoiler

Ah, I see. Though I just realized that my NY!Azura had the Flier Formation seal for who knows how long so clearly I should know how good the seal is since I mostly use flier teams to clear most of the game's content. But yeah, using the seal is probably better just to save up the b-skill slot.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

DATAMINE, assuming accurate:

Reveal hidden contents

jroailsv40n21.png

It looks like my prediction for the bonus units

Reveal hidden contents

was spot on.

As for the seals,

Reveal hidden contents

Meh. HP/Spd will be nice for Aversa, but that's pretty much it that I really care about.

Warding Stance is basically just a back-up Distant Def, so that's at least appreciated.

Spoiler

Actually Warding stance is an upgrade for my Azama. he runs fortress res. Do with this he gets 1 more res and 3 more atk. With dazzling refine he needs anyway only enemyphase skills. this gives him more miced bulk on 40+ on both ends to tank pesky dragons and other stuff.

Spoiler

I like these seals, I've been waiting for the Warding Stance seal for a while now. I'm also happy to see the Spd/Res bond seal, even the hp seal will be good on Aversa.

I have a Catria I can use her until I level up the 4* Loki, then use TT to sp grind Loki.

This is looking to be a good TT for me.

Edited by Zelgius

Spoiler

Wow all the bonus units are seasonals? Have they ever forced us to use the TT unit this badly before? IIRC there was always at least one other free unit in there to use instead.

For once in my life I thank the heavens I got pity broken by a Spring Catria on a legendary banner once, cause I refuse to use Loki. I mourn all the Loki haters that don't have any other bunnies :/

1 hour ago, Mau said:
  Hide contents

Wow all the bonus units are seasonals? Have they ever forced us to use the TT unit this badly before? IIRC there was always at least one other free unit in there to use instead.

For once in my life I thank the heavens I got pity broken by a Spring Catria on a legendary banner once, cause I refuse to use Loki. I mourn all the Loki haters that don't have any other bunnies :/

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Tempest_Trials

Last year's summer and winter TTs did the same thing.

I updated the topic's title, and I will update the topic's info once I have time for it. No need of using Spoiler Tabs anymore, I believe.

Anyway, I also was right about the bonus units. And about the seals... I am happy with Spd/Res Bond. I gave Spd/Res Bond to my Soren from a 4* Young Azura, and I gave him Atk/Def Bond, so he can have "Spectral Bond" effect. I would like to do the same with Young Azura, but we cannot have two Atk/Def Bond Seal, and I don't have Def/Res Bon to give her so she could use the Atk/Spd Bond Seal. Now, with Spd/Res Bond Seal, I can fodder a Rutger to Young Azura, for the Atk/Def Bond skill and give her Spd/Res Bond seal, and she will work as well as Soren. Too many Bonds in this comment

HP/Spd Plus is alright, but I prefer to keep HP/Res Plus on my Aversa, at least until I get R Duel FLying for her. Warding Stance is interesting. I already have some ideas for this seal.

I have enough sacred coins to upgrade all three seals, which I am planing to do.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Of course, the only Bunny I have isn't a bonus unit. RIP Kagero.

Well this just means that I have even more of a reason to pull for Veronica.

Also I find the complaints about the choice of bonus heroes a little silly. Sure, it sucks to not have a bonus hero, but IS has been really fair about TT+. 

They always use units that are currently on banners, they always use some units that are older, so you had a chance to get them on their og banner and Legendary banners (and this isn't the first time they only use seasonals) and if you really don't want to spend orbs they always give a bonus unit for free, Loki in this case. Sure, for personal reasons you hate having to use Loki, but people who didn't have the right units in the past probably hated having to use Tobin and Canas for their own personal reasons (the reason being that they suck). Imho TT+ and how they are handled is one of the few things you can't complain about because they are handled fairly for everyone, and they didn't have to be so fair. 

They could have rewarded those who pulled on the shiny new banner and screw everyone who chooses to save orbs. They used to do exactly that when the free unit only gave 20% bonus.

18 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Also I find the complaints about the choice of bonus heroes a little silly. Sure, it sucks to not have a bonus hero, but IS has been really fair about TT+. 

They always use units that are currently on banners, they always use some units that are older, so you had a chance to get them on their og banner and Legendary banners (and this isn't the first time they only use seasonals) and if you really don't want to spend orbs they always give a bonus unit for free, Loki in this case. Sure, for personal reasons you hate having to use Loki, but people who didn't have the right units in the past probably hated having to use Tobin and Canas for their own personal reasons (the reason being that they suck). Imho TT+ and how they are handled is one of the few things you can't complain about because they are handled fairly for everyone, and they didn't have to be so fair. 

They could have rewarded those who pulled on the shiny new banner and screw everyone who chooses to save orbs. They used to do exactly that when the free unit only gave 20% bonus.

I couldn't agree more with you. I don't have any problem with TT+. It is one of my favorite modes, and this mode wasn't that great in the past (20% bonus units, one of them being the TT unit, and the final reward was at 100k points)