Do you use lotion, hand sanitizers, sun screen, etc.?

XRay

Do you use lotion, hand sanitizers, sun screen, deodorant, perfume, cologne etc. or whatever chemical that you leave on your skin? What is your favorite?

I do not really use lotion or sunscreen on a regular basis. When I go to my friend's house, I occasionally do use his lotion since it smells pretty nice. As for sunscreen, I do not remember ever using it.

I mostly just use hand sanitizers, but not in the way people normally use them for. I do not want carry a bulky bag of wet wipes with me when I use the public restroom, so I bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer to moisten the toilet paper to clean my business. I use Purell since they sell them in small bottles in dollar stores. If I need to clean my hands in public, I prefer to just use the public bathroom sink rather than hand sanitizers.

I use Axe deodorant Phoenix for my underarm when the weather is really hot.

As for perfumes, I use it more often for my car than on myself. I like to give my car a girly smell as it is more soothing. On myself, during special occasions, I use one or a combination of the following: Aqua Vitae cologne, Scent of Eros cologne, Victoria's Secret For Him perfume, and Axe Phoenix spray.

My cat uses her own spit for her fur. It has a wet smell, but after she lets her fur dry a bit, it does not really smell like anything.

Edited by XRay

I obviously use deodorant haha

I was taking accutane until like last week, so I absolutely had to use moisturizer on my face, otherwise it got extremely dry and it'd hurt. Also had to wear sunscreen, because without it i'd get sunburns at the sight of the sun.

I hate perfume and cologne, so i don't wear them. I find the smell really annoying, it makes me itch and gives me headaches.

Edited by Nobody

I use Secret vanilla scented deodorant.  Lotion tends to make me sneeze, so I don't use it unless my skin is so dry I would have problems if I don't use it.  I have some perfume that is called Flawless that I like and I wear it some times, but not too often since it is kind of pricey.  If I go swimming I have to use sunscreen, but otherwise I don't because it makes me sneeze just like lotion. I use hand sanitizers during flu season so I won't get sick as easy, but other then that I don't use t that much.

Lotion I don't use, and sunscreen I do use, although only in the summer. I have no need for perfume and cologne since those smells don't fit my tastes, but I wouldn't pass up the chance to smell like a walking Bath and Body Works everyday.

Deodorant is more or less a given, and I actually got two sticks of Axe yesterday, which were Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice.

You have to go outside to justify using sunscreen.

I'm a big fan of lotion and hand sanitizer- I carry a bottle of the latter in my pocket at all times. Deodorant is also very nice, though what I use is really an antiperspirant.

I am too college student to use cologne, but one day I would like to create my own fragrance called "Expression."

I use hand sanitizer all the time at work, dozens, if not hundreds of times a day.

I have to use sunscreen any time I'm out in the summer, otherwise I get burnt to a crisp.

I don't really use perfume very often.  For deodorant, I use whatever was on sale.

hand sanitizer is a must, i'm worried about all sorts of grody shit esp in public places where you /have/ to put your hands where other people have like keypads not to mention i have a poor immune system

deodorant obvs yes, i like using mitchum bc it seems to last decently enough and has a nice fresh smell

sunscreen i really need to get into the habit of using more, esp since i'm moving to cali and intend to get out more
i need the fresh air i'm hopin it helps with getting over my social anxiety/helping with my mental help in general

i use lotion whenever i feel not lazy and feel like going "wow im soft"

i wouldn't mind trying perfumelike stuff but i'm so picky.....i want something that stands out but still subtle enough that it won't bother people sensitive to that kind of thing

12 hours ago, Fleece said:

sunscreen i really need to get into the habit of using more, esp since i'm moving to cali and intend to get out more
i need the fresh air i'm hopin it helps with getting over my social anxiety/helping with my mental help in general

Ooh, that sounds awesome! Welcome to California! The weather is really nice for doing stuff outdoors and the winters are pretty mild so you can still play sports outside if you are not afraid of the cold or wear a jacket. I personally prefer the snow and variation in seasons in New York though.

If you plan to move to around the coast in Nor-Cal such as San Francisco, I do not think you need sun screen as often since it gets foggy and a bit cloudy frequently. If you are moving to anywhere in the Central Valley though, I recommend sun screen if you are a light skinned person since the sun can get really intense during the summer; the Coast Ranges block a lot of moisture and clouds from the Pacific from reaching the Valley, so there are often days of just clear blue skies where we get the full might of the sun. And obviously, you will definitely need lots of sunscreen in So-Cal too.

Deodoant is a given, but I should likely try something else because what I'm using (women's Dove) doesn't work real well for me.

Heavy perfume makes me gag, but my aunt has this solid perfume that smells really nice without being overpowering, so I might try that.

I... don't really use sanitizer, but that's because I have a bunch of cuts on my hands; to compensate, I wash my hands frequently.

I rarely use lotion, but when I do, it's because my hands are dry and cracked during winter.

I'm allergic to sunblock, it gives me hives and makes me swell up like a balloon.

I use deodorant. Really Like Degree for Men for its price and smell. Arctic Edge is the one I usually buy. I bought Axe once, but I found that it would smell really terrible the next day. A problem for me since I only use deodorant when  go outside (hardly any need to use it if I am going to be alone in my room) and don't shower daily.

I only use Sunblock when I know I am spending a long time in the sun. I take a bit to burn, so I am usually fine without for getting around town.

Don't really use many other products. I hate smelling people's strong perfumes and colognes as well, so I don't use those. I used to use moisturizer, for my face, but stopped after some time. I decided a few flakes on my face were not actually that embarrassing.

Edited by SlayerX

Campus has hand sanitizers everywhere - I've gotten into the habit of using them fairly liberally.

I obviously use deodorant: usually a liquid one that smells like lavender. Sometimes I go mango

I never touched sunscreen except for a field trip all the way back in 7th grade where we went canoeing all day. I forgot to put it on my nose, so I ended up getting sunburn horribly on my nose and it was red for weeks, haha. Never got sunburn before or after.

I use perfume nearly every day, bc I’m self conscious. Usually something sweet like cotton candy

Cologne on men makes me gag lmao, mostly cuz all the people around here douse themselves in it