OCD and fighting against it.

Water Mage

I’ve been meaning to ask, but does anyone here have OCD? Does it affect silly things in your life? And how do you deal with it?

I suffer from heavy OCD to the point that it even affect how I play games. I’ll give an example how my OCD affects a stupid and insignificant thing in life:

When I play Pokemon the small details such as Nature and Characteristics bothers me a lot, for example, my in-game Popplio has a “Loves to eat” characteristic and for some unexplainable reason it bothers the hell out of me. My OCD urges to restart my file to get a Popplio with a different characteristic, but chose to keep it and fight my OCD through all of the game so I can lose my “fear” of that characteristic.

Do you guys have any OCD stories that affect things like gaming? Or anything else in your personal life?

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit late, but I have OCD too and it definitely affects silly things in my daily life.

The most obnoxious thing that it makes me do is whenever I read a digital clock, I always need to read the time backwards, then forwards, then forwards again, and then backwards again. If the time changes while I do this then I need to start over. Also, if I watch a video and I see the video length, I need to do the same process. If I pause the video and the length that I've been watching it ends in 5, then I play the video for another second so it won't end in 5 when I pause it. 

If I get really bad intrusive thoughts I've found that lying under my weighted blanket really helps to calm me down. Grinding in Fire Emblem or Persona also helps me with this because of the repetition. 

. . .shit I should've closed this.  So consider it closed.

If it's enough of a bother to ask on a forum, it's serious enough to get professional help.  So get off of SF and do so.