Would anyone mind seeing cross game New Hero banner paralogues again?

Gregster101

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

Banner: Jailbreak

- Rickard (green or colorless dagger, because. . .)
- (someone insert some FE5 jailed character, I'm sure this exists) (whatever Rickard isn't)
- Juno (blue flying)
- Kieran (red cavalry)

Tee-hee~!

Fergus would be a good pick for FE5, as a sword cavalry. Karin is an option but she's the same class as Juno, and I think she's less popular.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Vengeance Seekers

Valbar

Geese

Cormag

Not sure who to put as a 4th and/or GHB slot, seeing as how we already have a majority of such characters (like Rutger, Joshua, Raven, etc.)

Gangrel as a GHB? Since he seeks vengeance over Ylisse for what Chrom's dad did to his country?

12 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Gangrel as a GHB? Since he seeks vengeance over Ylisse for what Chrom's dad did to his country?

That could work. Feels like I need a red or colorless unit on the banner to balance the colors a bit. 

Maybe Deen, since he's something of a dark/angry character (and a bit of an underdeveloped blank slate, which is surprising for Echoes).

Or Kamui, just to complete Valbar's little group.

Edited by Etheus

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

- (someone insert some FE5 jailed character, I'm sure this exists) (whatever Rickard isn't)
- Juno (blue flying)
- Kieran (red cavalry)

Tee-hee~!

No Fergus, smh. Also Kieran would be a green cav cuz he uses an axe

I'd love to see more themes like that for future summoning banners, it'd give a good mix and ensure multiple games get more new characters. 

9 hours ago, eclipse said:

- Juno (blue flying)
- Kieran (red cavalry)

Tee-hee~!

Brom could totally fit there.

I wouldn't mind, it'd be a good way to get less popular characters into the game by pairing them with more popular ones.

I do have to wonder why they stopped doing this. Maybe they had some data to suggest these kinds of banners we're less lucrative or well received than single game banners.

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

That could work. Feels like I need a red or colorless unit on the banner to balance the colors a bit. 

There’s also Shura, who wants Kotaro dead for invading and razing Kohga.

7 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Lifis. Red Dagger. You could make a 3-man Banner and then make Lifis a GHB, but, you know.

Or throw Lifis in there, and make someone like Izuna the GHB.

5 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

No Fergus, smh. Also Kieran would be a green cav cuz he uses an axe

He can use swords on promotion, hence why he'd be red.  It also keeps the red/green cavalier thing alive-ish (the other two pairs are also red/blue, and Kieran's the closest to the archetype).

15 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Or throw Lifis in there, and make someone like Izuna the GHB.

He can use swords on promotion, hence why he'd be red.  It also keeps the red/green cavalier thing alive-ish (the other two pairs are also red/blue, and Kieran's the closest to the archetype).

He's still primarily an axe cavalier though. Hell, he starts out as an Axe Knight in PoR and Axe Paladin in RD. He's damn well gonna be an axe unit if he's added into Heroes

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

He's still primarily an axe cavalier though. Hell, he starts out as an Axe Knight in PoR and Axe Paladin in RD. He's damn well gonna be an axe unit if he's added into Heroes

I'll believe that when Charlotte wields an axe.

9 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

That, and we desperately need more summonable axe cavaliers (Titania is still the only one added to the pool since launch) while sword cavaliers are easier to come by.

Speaking of, if Titania was implemented as an axe cavalier then there’s no good reason why a non-seasonal Kieran shouldn’t be implemented as anything else either.

Edited by Tybrosion

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That, and we desperately need more summonable axe cavaliers (Titania is still the only one added to the pool since launch) while sword cavaliers are easier to come by.

Speaking of, if Titania was implemented as an axe cavalier then there’s no good reason why a non-seasonal Kieran shouldn’t be implemented as anything else either.

THIS! Give us Kieran and Lex goddammit! I'll even take Johan as well

5 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I do have to wonder why they stopped doing this. Maybe they had some data to suggest these kinds of banners we're less lucrative or well received than single game banners.

They haven't. We got Fallen Heroes last year.

8 hours ago, Etheus said:

Not sure who to put as a 4th and/or GHB slot, seeing as how we already have a majority of such characters (like Rutger, Joshua, Raven, etc.)

Tine for a cute girl?

Spoiler

5c92a7fcc6c93_Genealogy12019-03-2011_51_58.thumb.png.a7ef03835212a0bb7292a4362ec17177.png

5c92a809c219b_Genealogy12019-03-2013_44_36.thumb.png.048e759a6249193b02fb010fb1f63732.png 

Actually, she didn't kill her. She did get the kill in Chapter 10, with a Sibling Crit. But she missed a hit in Final and Arthur with a Sibling Crit got it instead.

Although I know you dislike kids.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tine for a cute girl?

Reveal hidden contents

5c92a7fcc6c93_Genealogy12019-03-2011_51_58.thumb.png.a7ef03835212a0bb7292a4362ec17177.png

5c92a809c219b_Genealogy12019-03-2013_44_36.thumb.png.048e759a6249193b02fb010fb1f63732.png 

Actually, she didn't kill her. She did get the kill in Chapter 10, with a Sibling Crit. But she missed a hit in Final and Arthur with a Sibling Crit got it instead.

I do love Tine, so I'd be down for any excuse to add her :P

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tine for a cute girl?

Hide contents

Not universally. Only when they are overtly annoying (Elise) or uncomfortably and irresponsibly fetishized (Nowi). There are exceptions that I tolerate (like Myrrh, Nino, Nils, Sanaki, Tormod, Ewan, and Sothe). They are never going to be personal favorites of mine, but they also don't have to irk me either. And Tine happens to not irk me. 

Her connection to the banner's theme is tenuous though.

They should bring these back, they were more interesting than the entirely one game banners and could garner wider appeal.

Here are three example banners I have thought of:

Shameless Womanizers:

Sain (FE7) Lance Cav

Homer (FE5) Blue mage Infantry (Or Green Mage if they want another Thracia mage that is arbitrarily green)

Inigo (FE 13) Sword Infantry

Heather (FE10) Colorless Knife Infantry

A New Life

Eyvel (FE5) Sword infantry

Zeke (FE2/15) Lance Cav

Renault (FE7) Staff infantry

Greil (FE9) Axe Infantry

GHB Bertram (FE9) Sword Cav

Caretakers of the Fire Emblem:

Nyna - Staff Infantry

Guinevere - Blue Tome Infantry (possibly flyer on a wyvern)

Elena - Green Tome Infantry

Emmeryn - Red Tome Infantry

GHB Emperor Arvis - Red Armor

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

They haven't. We got Fallen Heroes last year.

Fallen Heroes isn't recent, and was also an alt banner rather than a regular versions one.

9 hours ago, Othin said:

Fallen Heroes isn't recent, and was also an alt banner rather than a regular versions one.

It's about one year ago (22 Feb 2018), which is about the same spacing between itself and Sibling Bonds (27 Feb 2017). Alts or not, it was also still a New Heroes banner with a capital N and H.

We also still have the Farfetched Heroes banner each year which is also technically a cross-game New Heroes banner. The only difference is that it has a meta theme instead of an in-universe theme.

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's about one year ago (22 Feb 2018), which is about the same spacing between itself and Sibling Bonds (27 Feb 2017). Alts or not, it was also still a New Heroes banner with a capital N and H.

We also still have the Farfetched Heroes banner each year which is also technically a cross-game New Heroes banner. The only difference is that it has a meta theme instead of an in-universe theme.

Yeah. My point is that when we've been getting cross-game New Heroes banners past the first couple of months, they've had an alt theme, or a CYL theme for that matter. (Or both, in the case of the main CYL banners.) We haven't been getting more "normal" ones like the originals.

• 4 weeks later...

Old Farts

Wendell - Blue tome infantry

Nomah - Green tome armoured

Niime - Red tome infantry

Nealuchi - Colourless Beast Flier

GHB: Reptor - Blue Tome Armour

Would bankrupt Heroes probably, but I'd be happy at least.

Edited by Jotari