Google Stadia

King Marth 64

I did saw this announcement that this is the first video game console from Google themselves called the Google Stadia. It can connect to any multiple devices including computers, phones, and tablets. It looks like you don't need to unplug your input connection from the TV incase if you wanted to play on other devices. It's has a streaming service to play games.

By the way, the Google Stadia can run up to 8K, the first video game console with 8K resolutions. I did saw people saying this is looking like it's going to kill video game consoles, but I don't know what to think about this? I noticed the controller kinda resembles to the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.

Here's the demo to show how the Google Stadia works:

Edited by King Marth 64

It won’t succeed, it doesn’t have the legacy, support or actual good information out there.

Tons of folks are asking legitimate questions that are huge question marks.

Apparently this is some sort of cloud based "console," which is...novel, but I expect most players would rather have a system that works without internet.

I don't want to sound down on it just because it's new, because innovation is important- I want to sound down on it because it's made by Google. That's a pretty awful trailer, because it doesn't actually show the product. Bad initial advertising isn't an immediate death sentence, so we'll see if this can be salvaged. I have no idea how much this costs or how it will compete with consoles- if it can even be described as doing so.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

I liked what I saw, but I also got questions about how it'll work: If I'll be able to link my Steam/GOG account to the streaming service and play my games at any device, or if I'll have to buy games from Stadia (if it works like Discord's built-in shop), for example. Otherwise, it isn't such a good deal to me, although I'd really love to play my desktop PC games on my TV while chilling on a couch.

Edited by Rapier

2 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

By the way, the Google Stadia can run up to 8K, the first video game console with 8K resolutions. I did saw people saying this is looking like it's going to kill video game consoles, but I don't know what to think about this? I noticed the controller kinda resembles to the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.

Hey, anybody remember when Atari killed Nintendo and Sega with the first ever console to display 64-bit graphics?

No?  Oh right, that's because it never happened, and Atari ceased making consoles not long after that.

This is the same kind of buzz that's happened in the past for the gaming industry numerous times.  People are absolute fools for saying it'd kill the other consoles, and even more foolish if they want it to kill them.

Google is little more than a baby with lots of money in the gaming industry; they know nothing about making an actually good console, all they know is making good graphics and using all the latest tech.  At best, this will get their foot in the door if they want to invest in the industry further.  At worst, this will blow right up in their faces and cost them lots of money.

It's interesting to see other major companies (especially Google) try and step in to compete with the traditional three console companies (Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft) and it is something I am intrigued in more so than the Stadia.

Edited by BZL8