New Switch Trailer with brief Three Houses footage

Calico

Why does Japan like that whole one leg is covered while the other isn't look? It always looks weird to me, and bothers me a bit because I feel like it would be so uncomfortable if you wear it for too long...

That aside, I like the confirmation that Byleth will be voiced and the zoom in and poses that the characters do when they are commanding their battalion to do something. It can add a little more too their personality if all of the characters get their own special pose. It does also look like the glow around Linhardt is coming from the tile he is standing on, but it is kind of hard too tell.

11 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

Why does Japan like that whole one leg is covered while the other isn't look? It always looks weird to me, and bothers me a bit because I feel like it would be so uncomfortable if you wear it for too long...

I personally always thought that particular look was a symbol of a character going through depression or anxiety. Cause everytime I’ve seen it media that has been the case(like shiho from P5 for example) 

11 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I personally always thought that particular look was a symbol of a character going through depression or anxiety. Cause everytime I’ve seen it media that has been the case(like shiho from P5 for example) 

Not always, I recall the wannabe Tales (in style but not gameplay) game Arc Rise Fantasia had a woman named Leslie like that. I don't recall any real bad experiences for her.

A few years back I was reading about Japanese character design and it was said at some point that assymetry on legs was popular, a reason why many female characters wre different tigh high on each leg at that time. Maybe its kind of following that trend.

On 03/27/19 at 6:54 PM, YingofDarkness said:

From what I can tell, it's kind of normal for Japanese women to show off their legs. But the asymmetry is usually an lot more subtle than just wearing one legging.