Konami 50th Anniversary Collections

Dai

I had no idea the company was that old. Fingers crossed that Castlevania: Bloodlines is one of the included games, as it’s never been rereleased before and is otherwise near impossible at this point to find and play.

I definitely like to play Haunted Castle in the Konami Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection since I watched Derrick from GameXplain played the game.

For the Castlevania Anniversary Collection, I hope that they add either Castlevania The Adventurer ReBirth (since Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge was already revealed), Bloodlines, The Dracula X Chronicles (since it was not been rereleased for Castlevania Requiem and it would make sense to include it since Rondo of Blood and Synthony of the Night were already ported for Requim on the PS4), and/or Portraits of Ruin as one of the 4 unannounced titles for Castlevania Anniversary Collection. And for the Contra Anniversary Collection, I think they should add Contra ReBirth, Operation C, Contra 4, and NES Contra (since they both got the Arcade and NES version of Super C) as one of the 4 unannounced titles for Contra Anniversary Collection.

Edited by King Marth 64

5 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I definitely like to play Haunted Castle in the Konami Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection since I watched Derrick from GameXplain played the game.

For the Castlevania Anniversary Collection, I hope that they add either Castlevania The Adventurer ReBirth (since Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge was already revealed), Bloodlines, The Dracula X Chronicles (since it was not been rereleased for Castlevania Requiem and it would make sense to include it since Rondo of Blood and Synthony of the Night were already ported for Requim on the PS4), and/or Portraits of Ruin as one of the 4 unannounced titles for Castlevania Anniversary Collection. And for the Contra Anniversary Collection, I think they should add Contra ReBirth, Operation C, Contra 4, and NES Contra (since they both got the Arcade and NES version of Super C) as one of the 4 unannounced titles for Contra Anniversary Collection.

Supposedly, for the Castlevania collection, they’re focusing on the beginning as part of a first collection foe the series. So, likely, Rondo, Bloodlines, Haunted, and Symphony.

I love how it’s eight games for $20. That’s a damn steal compared to a few of the Megaman Collections.

7 minutes ago, Dai said:

Supposedly, for the Castlevania collection, they’re focusing on the beginning as part of a first collection foe the series. So, likely, Rondo, Bloodlines, Haunted, and Symphony.

I love how it’s eight games for $20. That’s a damn steal compared to a few of the Megaman Collections.

I think Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night might not going to be included since Castlevania Anniversary Collection is coming to PS4 as well and Castlevania Requim is already been released in PS4, I think that be little bit unfair for PS4 players already got Requim who wanted to try out the other Castlevania games. Haunted Castle is already coming in Konami Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection.

Edited by King Marth 64

16 minutes ago, Stroud said:

A shame that there is no Goemon collection. I really would like a collection there until the N64 games. Mystical Ninja Staring Goemon was one of my childhood games...

Amen to this. Great game. It was basically proto Ocarina of Time if you think about it.

For the Castlevania collection, I can see the rest of the games being Rondo of Blood, Bloodlines, Legends, and Adventure Rebirth. I have a feeling that the Metroidvania-styled games (such as Simon's Quest, Symphony of the Night, and so on) will get their own separate collection, since they did specifically say that this would be the "first Castlevania collection"

Well, given that the three Castlevania games I need to round out my collection are Castlevania Chronicles for the Playstation (which is expensive as hell), Castlevania Legends for the gameboy (Which, is kind of a black sheep nowadays), and Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge, the already confirmed Gameboy game, I'm getting that collection even if it only has the one. If it has two, or especially all three, I'll be ecstatic even if other people get pissed because they think Legends is a wasted slot or Chronicles isn't a good choice.

On Contra I'm sold as long as it's available in the PAL region... given with 8 games the maximum I can have is half... and even then I've kind of got the versions with robots instead of people.

4 minutes ago, Mad-manakete said:

Well, given that the three Castlevania games I need to round out my collection are Castlevania Chronicles for the Playstation (which is expensive as hell), Castlevania Legends for the gameboy (Which, is kind of a black sheep nowadays), and Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge, the already confirmed Gameboy game, I'm getting that collection even if it only has the one. If it has two, or especially all three, I'll be ecstatic even if other people get pissed because they think Legends is a wasted slot or Chronicles isn't a good choice.

On Contra I'm sold as long as it's available in the PAL region... given with 8 games the maximum I can have is half... and even then I've kind of got the versions with robots instead of people.

I'm pretty sure Chronicles is on the Playstation Network if you have a PS3

8 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I'm pretty sure Chronicles is on the Playstation Network if you have a PS3

I'm aware. Alas, such isn't a viable option unless I can pick up a PS3 cheap enough to justify it before they shutdown whatever download service is available.

I think I should mention for people married to the price point that only the Arcade collection is confirmed to be 20$. I'm sure Konami is aware they can make much more money off of Castlevania and Contra, but we'll see how this goes. I'm guessing 40 dollars myself. Honestly I'm having a hard time thinking of a price point that would genuinely turn me away from those collections, especially if they add extremely rare and forgotten entries. 

I definitely hope the castlevania collection continues to focus on these action oriented entries. I feel like they don't get enough love compared to Symphony and its derivatives. Then again, a later collection of metroidvanias couldn't be at the same price point because that'd be much more game for your money. However they play this, I'm more than a little happy to see Konami opening that backlog.

1 minute ago, Mad-manakete said:

I'm aware. Alas, such isn't a viable option unless I can pick up a PS3 cheap enough to justify it before they shutdown whatever download service is available.

PS3 store rocks for picking up rare PS1 and PS2 games much cheaper than a physical price. If game collection is your thing, the PS3 is a system to have. Surely some of the other stuff on there would make you justify the price. Mine's loaded up with like 80 of those games, granted most were nabbed on flash sales they used to do where they were 1-3 dollars each instead of 6-10.

Oh wow, the 4 games they've selected to show early actually give some hope of the Castlevania collection having some of the better quality releases as opposed to just random entries from the series. I can see the other 4 potentially being...

Bloodlines

Symphony of the Night

Rondo of Blood

Aria of Sorrow

23 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

PS3 store rocks for picking up rare PS1 and PS2 games much cheaper than a physical price. If game collection is your thing, the PS3 is a system to have. Surely some of the other stuff on there would make you justify the price. Mine's loaded up with like 80 of those games, granted most were nabbed on flash sales they used to do where they were 1-3 dollars each instead of 6-10.

I've just checked the list on wikipedia for the PAL region and noticed that despite a couple other games catching my eye (the original Silent Hill &Final Fantasy V being prime examples), Castlevania Chronicles seems to have been omitted in the region. Mind now I'm tempted for Final Fantasy V alone given it's the one game in the series I'm particularly having trouble locating.

• 5 weeks later...

The Arcade collection is out, and the full details for the Castlevania collection were revealed. Since I know a lot of us are just here for the vampire hunting here's the game list. Newly announced ones in bold:

• Castlevania
  • Castlevania II Simon's Quest
  • Castlevania III Dracula's Curse
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Castlevania the Adventure
  • Castlevania II Belmont's revenge
  • Castlevania Bloodlines
  • Kid Dracula

For twenty bucks this is honestly a steal for retro gamers. Bloodlines being available digitally makes me way happier than it appearing on the Sega Genesis Mini. It's on the higher end of under-appreciated games from this series. Kid Dracula has never had an international release so that's a hot pick up as well. Some may have been anticipating some metroidvania titles, but honestly I think the action games were in much direr need of a port with how difficult-to-impossible they are to play legally on modern hardware.

Also:

On 3/20/2019 at 9:05 AM, Glennstavos said:

I think I should mention for people married to the price point that only the Arcade collection is confirmed to be 20$. I'm sure Konami is aware they can make much more money off of Castlevania and Contra, but we'll see how this goes. I'm guessing 40 dollars myself. Honestly I'm having a hard time thinking of a price point that would genuinely turn me away from those collections, especially if they add extremely rare and forgotten entries. 

I definitely hope the castlevania collection continues to focus on these action oriented entries. I feel like they don't get enough love compared to Symphony and its derivatives. Then again, a later collection of metroidvanias couldn't be at the same price point because that'd be much more game for your money. However they play this, I'm more than a little happy to see Konami opening that backlog.

Boy did I get my wish on that price point and this focus on action games.