Which characters to choose in Part 4 and Endgame for best plot

Best choices for endgame?   

19 members have voted

1. 1. Choose exactly 4 different characters

In part 4, there is a three-way army split. 

The Silver Army

Mandatory Characters (7)

• Micaiah
  • Sothe
  • Leanne
  • Skrimir
  • Sanaki
  • Sigrun
  • Naesala

Story and Base Conversation Characters (2)

• Nealuchi
  • Tanith

Boss and Recruitment Conversations (8)

• Edward
  • Leonardo
  • Nolan
  • Laura
  • Fiona
  • Aran
  • Mordecai
  • Lethe

The Greil Army

Mandatory Characters (6)

• Ike
  • Soren
  • Mist
  • Titania
  • Nailah
  • Rafiel

Story and Base Conversation Characters (1)

• Volug

Boss and Recruitment Conversations (1)

• Danved

The Hawk Army

Mandatory Characters (6)

• Tibarn
  • Reyson
  • Elincia
  • Lucia
  • Tauroneo
  • Ranulf

Story and Base Conversation Characters (3)

• Janaff
  • Ulki
  • Calill 

Boss and Recruitment Conversations (2)

• Zihark
  • Kieran

If you want to get the full extent of the plot, I recommend all of the aforementioned characters as you can fit up to 20 of them. Though the boss conversation characters aren't too important so you can leave them out. 

In the end game, you're given 10 optional characters after accounting for the mandatory character. 

End Game

Mandatory Characters (7)

• Ike
  • Micaiah
  • Sanaki
  • Kurthnaga
  • Sothe
  • Ena
  • Heron of your choice

Story and Base Conversation Characters (6)

• Mist
  • Soren
  • Pelleas
  • Caineghis
  • Tibarn
  • Naesala

Now you have four characters of your choice left to choose.

Boss and Recruitment Conversations (4 of 8)

• Nailah (4 conversations)
  • Sigrun (4 conversations)
  • Tanith (4 conversations)
  • Haar (4 conversations)
  • Astrid (4 conversations)
  • Oliver (4 conversations)
  • Jill (3 conversations)
  • Elincia (1 conversation)

Of these aforementioned characters I'd recommend the first four on the list. Firstly, all four of them have 4 boss conversations. Secondly, all previous laguz royals are in the tower so Nailah fits in. Sigrun and Tanith are Sanaki's bodyguards, a mandatory character so these two might as well make it in. Between Haar and Astrid, it's your choice, but Haar is the better unit by far and IMO the better character as well. That's not to say Jill, Oliver and Elincia are bad choices but sadly Elincia only has one conversation. Oliver is fun comedic relief and Jill almost has the same number as her lover Haar, and in the tower, is even better of a unit. 

If there are any errors, please point them out. 

References: I referred to Fermule's Reddit post for the data. 

Edited by Icelerate

I agree with the recommendation, though in my opinion, you don't need both Holy Guard members. I would replace Tanith with Elincia.

Sure, Elincia may not have as many convos as the other characters; but if not chosen, then she'd be the only country leader excluded from the Endgame party. As such, I would include her if only to complete the set.

My recomendations (only played RD once {and a half} with a friend and I am no expert so take it with a ton of salt).

Nailah (Laguz royal so she is awesome)

Haar and Jill (candidates for best unit in the game) Story wise if you have to drop someone drop them even though you are losing valuable units.

Elincia (a flying healer is inherently awesome also having the Queen of Crimea fighting along the empress of Begnion all of the laguz royals and Pelleas is even more awesome)

Edited by Silafante

I freaking LOVE how much Astrid could get involved in the endgame, mostly becasue it just comes out of nowhere, but it really somewhat builds her character up in my eyes, and it's a shame most players miss it lol V_V

I don't remember Haar/Jill having much to do in the endgame though? Or am I forgetting something? But everyone else on that list offers something from what I remember ^_^ And just like that....I feel like playing FE10 once again ;; 

Edit: Also I wish you put Pelleas in the poll as well V_V I feel like he makes the endgame better from a story point.

Edited by Rose482

Something I saw from the script, but it seems one of Sigrun's and Tanith's boss convos are exclusive to each other (the ones against Lekain). So seeing it with one character means you won't get the other. So something to keep in mind...

20 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

I don't remember Haar/Jill having much to do in the endgame though? Or am I forgetting something? But everyone else on that list offers something from what I remember ^_^ And just like that....I feel like playing FE10 once again ;; 

Edit: Also I wish you put Pelleas in the poll as well V_V I feel like he makes the endgame better from a story point.

It's mostly their boss talks with the Begnion senators (plus Levail for Haar). Personally, over the two, I find Haar's more interesting, considering the circumstances.

Pelleas isn't in the poll likely because he has Talk Convos during the intermissions, and that superceeds over the ones who only have boss battle conversations. The poll is for those in the lesser tier of plot-contribution, so to speak.

@IcelerateTwo things to note first : According to Serene Forest Main site, Oliver has 4 conversations (Hetzel, Leikan, Levail, and Sephiran), and second one of the boss conversations Sigrun and Tanith have (with Leikan) the other cannot have it in the same playthrough.

I have been reading through the boss conversations that are had between these characters and these are my conclusions:

I would go with Nailah, Sigrun, Haar, and Astrid.

Nailah - The conversations she gets are some of the only glimpses of Hatari we get, and help flesh-out the world.

Oliver - This is my runner up, if I could bring 5 Oliver would be there, most of his are simply about his betrayal of the other Senators, and surprise survival, but his Sephiran conversation is a real treat for this line : Your presence proves that Tellius is unravelling at the seams. Judgement cannot come soon enough.

Tanith/Sigrun - Only one of Sigrun or Tanith should come to endgame, all of their conversations cover the same topics and only one can get the conversation with Leikan. I found Sigrun's versions a bit more interesting in general.

Haar - The conversations he gets help flesh-out his time before defecting to Daein back when he was part of the Begnion Dracoknights. His Levail conversation is the highlight in my opinion.

Jill - A lot of hers feel kinda filler, the Hetzel one is just mundane moralizing (to be fair Astrid's isn't any better), and the Leikan one is just a more concise sassier version of Micaiahs (without all the plot relevance Micaiah's has), and the Sephiran one is just underwhelming and him just trying to take the blame for as much as he can.

Astrid - Most of her conversations give us a glimpse of the life she had in Begnion before joining Ike and Crimea (except the underwhelming Hetzel one). Her Leikan conversation has an amazing reveal that is worth seeing.

Elinica - She is one of the few with a Dheginsea conversation, and it just reinforces the aspects of Elincia and Dheginsea's character that we have already seen throughout the game.

Finally of the three Herons I found Raphael to be the most interesting option conversation wise, mostly due to his history with Hetzel (although recognizing Sephiran from before his loss of power was also a plus).

On 20/03/2019 at 3:35 PM, eclipse said:

. . .are you asking a question or looking for discussion?

Both. I want to know which characters people consider the most plot relevant. Also this thread should be used as a guide if you want to experience the story to its fullest. 

22 hours ago, Rose482 said:

Pelleas is already included in the story dialogue so he's obviously more plot relevant than the ones on the poll. 

21 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Jill - A lot of hers feel kinda filler, the Hetzel one is just mundane moralizing (to be fair Astrid's isn't any better), and the Leikan one is just a more concise sassier version of Micaiahs (without all the plot relevance Micaiah's has), and the Sephiran one is just underwhelming and him just trying to take the blame for as much as he can.

How is it sassier? 

21 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Tanith/Sigrun - Only one of Sigrun or Tanith should come to endgame, all of their conversations cover the same topics and only one can get the conversation with Leikan. I found Sigrun's versions a bit more interesting in general.

Didn't remember/notice that fact. I agree than only Sigrun should be brought. 

7 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Both. I want to know which characters people consider the most plot relevant. Also this thread should be used as a guide if you want to experience the story to its fullest.

I've found that it's better to do one or the other, not both at the same time  With the sheer amount of text you have, you could throw it in a Google doc, and link that.  That way, I don't feel like someone's trying to form my opinion for me.  It'll also be easier to update.