Nebraska flooding

Dragoncat

As a Wyoming resident, I've seen this all over the local media and on facebook because Nebraska is my neighbor to the east. A hurricane force blizzard/winter storm hit a couple weeks ago, the many rivers flooded. I'll let the images in the spoiler tags speak for themselves.

Spoiler

Image result for nebraska flooding

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Image result for nebraska flooding ranch

I am not a rancher myself but I know a lot about the industry, and I know those ranchers were the hardest hit. The storm came in the middle of calving season. Imagine giving birth, or being born in, this, with no protection from the raging winds and rain and flooding. Imagine being a rancher out in that trying desperately to save as many of those animals as you can. Yes these animals are raised for beef, yes there are more cows than people in Nebraska, but that doesn't mean this shouldn't be told in the news. Hurricane Katrina was nationwide news. Nebraska is a "fly over" state and not "trendy" enough for mainstream media to report on. Okay, then don't be surprised when beef prices go up, or produce prices. Nebraska is a huge agriculture state, it exports all over the US.

If you feel inclined to do so, pray for Nebraska. I felt inclined to share this here given that many of you probably didn't even know about it.

EDIT - Maybe that came across as a bit too whiny, I do know that Good Morning America covered it, I just feel that it should be covered more, I guess.

Edited by Dragoncat

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

. . .uh, what?

I mean, condolences and all, but this isn't Serious Discussion material.  I'll shove this into General.

That works I guess. Sorry about that.

The other assumption is that no one outside of the Midwest knows about this.

Anyone who regularly checks the weather through the NWS will have seen this.  I wouldn't be surprised if local news networks covered this.  The title and post is throwing a temper tantrum that doesn't seem very appropriate.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The other assumption is that no one outside of the Midwest knows about this.

Anyone who regularly checks the weather through the NWS will have seen this.  I wouldn't be surprised if local news networks covered this.  The title and post is throwing a temper tantrum that doesn't seem very appropriate.

I can see your point now. I wasn't aiming to whine or throw a temper tantrum.

I edited the OP and title.