Gender and Outfits in Heroes

Othin

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I might be able to say the same of Haar, but his good character is a little more readily apparent. 

Do you find it surprising that Haar is more popular than Jill, according to CYL polls? I think so since you'd expect a pretty girl like her to be more popular especially when she has a strong character arc and is a better unit in PoR with far more availability. 

Brokenness has always partly played a role in defining popularity.

Explains why Marcus is so popular.... oh wait. Is there a stigma against Marcus being a broken unit unlike Seth, Haar and Titania who are accepted as being top tier? 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not a super consistent formula, or else people would just follow that to make uber popular characters every time. There are many reason people may like a characters, and while you can predict popularity by a degree it's never guaranteeed.

Marcus is less popular tha Harr,Seth and Titania because less people find him appealing, maybe because the others looks more beautiful/badass, maybe because people don't like his personality as much, or because he stand out less in the cast of fe6 that has a lot of fan favourites and so on. 

Reinhardt is definitly helped a lot by strenght in gameplay, but there are many cases where gameplay brokennes lead to hating the character, especially in multiplayer games. He was  kinda ok in Thracia(wich, considering i am the #1 Camus archetype hater is quite the compliment), but i seriously doubt that even 5% of the people that voted him played that game 

3 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Explains why Marcus is so popular.... oh wait. Is there a stigma against Marcus being a broken unit unlike Seth, Haar and Titania who are accepted as being top tier? 

Probably cuz he’s old. Or maybe because how you consistently see people go “just use Marcus (and Sain), everyone else is thrash and doesn’t matter!” As if LTC or ranked runs are the only runs that matter :/:

That latter reason is what soured my opinion of him but now I don’t care so much about it.

2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Probably cuz he’s old. Or maybe because how you consistently see people go “just use Marcus (and Sain), everyone else is thrash and doesn’t matter!” As if LTC or ranked runs are the only runs that matter :/:

That latter reason is what soured my opinion of him but now I don’t care so much about it.

Can't be, Seth, Titania, Oscar and Frederick should get some of that backlash.