Impressions on New Units

jameslove001

I know many of you have probably already powered through for Loki and/or summoned copious amounts of times for new characters. What are your initial impressions?

(Quick reminder - I am F2P so know I am lucky to have drawn two new characters on three draws.) As of now I have the 4* Loki and drew both Palla and Veronica. I have never drawn flying Nino or Hinoka. So, Loki and Veronica are just a ton of fun and fill a couple of holes in my barracks. I maxed out my 4* Loki ridiculously fast. Veronica is just destroying things. And Palla...is pretty great, but I think she will he forgotten after the current TT (but that is just speculation).

So, again. What are your impressions? And is it worth it to draw one more time to try to get Bruno?

I really like the new units, many of them have interesting skils, also we have our first flying red dagger so... the banner is not that great but if you like the new units and want some additions to your flier team or a deffensive healer you can pull

22 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

And is it worth it to draw one more time to try to get Bruno?

Mmmm... i don’t like the deffensive healer, his staff is great btw

If you need a cavalry healer try it but i would recommend you to wait for the announce of the legendary banner

Bruno is really good at taking hits and taking on physical units, but magic destroys him.  I am happy with mine.  I like new units, but since I am a day one player I only focus on new unit types or favs.  

I only really focus on favorites or units that are just too useful not to use (such as Brave Lyn). I like Palla a lot and I pulled for her. I got her! And I like how she functions, she has a really good weapon and I didn't have many units with armor-effective weapons. I also didn't have a flying dagger user.

I got Palla for her Dagger, so I can't say how good she is as a unit, but Hostile Elise works wonders with her Dagger~ It's a really great weapon to shut down Green DC Armors and Surtr in AR~

Veronica is really nice. She's my first flying Green Mage and I've had fun using her so far~ She's more impressive that I thought. I usually don't care much for Veronica but her art is super cute so I really wanted to get her and I'm happy with her~ I also lucked out with a great boon, so that's nice, too~

Bruno seems...more than pretty bad. Cavalry units shouldn't ever be tanks with such low BST. Not unless somebody wants to make a case for Spring Xander or Stahl. And he gets doubled by anything. Azama matches him in physical bulk (higher HP), but at least he's not spending his BST on attack. The combination of Ovoid and Martyr is pretty dumb as well since you can't choose not to heal yourself and I'd be genuinely surprised if he survived a round with anybody

Not that I ultimately care about his viability. He's a healer, that's all I need. And the inflated stats in TT may help him survive something.

I haven't done any pulling on the spring banner yet, but I'm planning on going for Bruno after finishing up with the upcoming legendary banner. Only because I really want some version of Bruno, though. His build doesn't quite make sense, but it looks fun enough, and a cavalry healer can't be that bad.

I'd like Palla, but not enough to go for her right now. Marisa is also tempting but even further from being a reasonable option, since she doesn't really bring anything to the table in terms of either her unit type or skills.

Bunny Bruno: He's .....odd. He's slow and not bulky enough to take repeated hit both physically and magically.

Bunny Marisa: Solid flier in an overcrowded archetype, bring limited makes it harder for her.

Bunny Palla: An anti armor dagger that can ignore wary fighter is a treat. Disabling traps is a bonus.

Bunny Vero: A weaker flying Nino, but still good. Needs to be healthy in order to fight in best conditions.

Bunny Loki: A update of previous free units (Clarisse and fTakumi). Decently bulky but suffers from her low attack and being a flier.

5 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

What are your impressions?

RR!Palla:
She is okay. She has good stat distribution, is flying, and got a decent Weapon. Being colored hurts her though in my opinion. I think the player is just better off using a flying Rauðrblade mage if they want to kill armors, since Blade tomes also deal a ton of damage to other units.

RR!Marisa:
She is unimpressive at best. She is not bad as a unit, but the lance flier category is heavily saturated and she is not as good as others in that category.

RR!Veronica:
She is pretty good. She has good stat distribution, is flying, and got a decent Weapon. SF!Nino is better in my opinion, since Push-Mystic Boost is not as reliable as regular old Desperation.

RR!Bruno:
He feels a little weird. I do not think he is horrible, but he is definitely not great. Ovoid Staff is better on more offensive mages running Atk/Spd Push.

RR!Loki
She is really good. Her combat performance is not great, but having flier movement more than makes up for it in my opinion.

Edited by XRay

To be honest, I would pull for the other units if IS never made the Duel skills a must for good arena scores. Plus, Veronica's weapon is pretty good. We need more bow fliers in my personal opinion, and not just seasonal bows. Palla COULD be useful, especially with that Disarm Trap skill. Bruno and Marisa are just passable. If Seasonal units ever got demotes, they'd HAVE to be on there.

Edited by Erren

Somewhat interesting?  I guess.

But we have the various banner topics, where specific discussions like this go.  Otherwise, we're going to see "what do you think of the current banner" topics at a rather irritating rate.

There's also the "Ask a Question" thread for things like this, too.