Shantae 5-Announced for Release This Year

Dai

I've played Pirate's Curse and later Risky's Revenge. PC was quite good, barring the Rottytops run. RR was the start of a revival, but not great, it could've used another dungeon. So far, I've skipped HGH, but if it ever goes on sale, I might consider it. It sounds like it might have been a step back from PC in some regards (and the DLC I've heard mostly criticism for).

I'll keep myself open to getting this one as well.

I'm interested. I've finished Risky's Revenge (love that game), and I almost finished Half-Genie Hero (it was alright, I prefer the sprites of RR, and it wasn't as fluid or fun, but still a fun game). I imagine it'll be more like HGH, but I hope that we can get the true expansion upon RR that it deserves

Whoa, but is that the full title? The way her hair is shaped like a 5 is making me think it's official. Well, I suppose that's fine. Talking to fans about Shantae has often been disorienting because the games are so distinct yet subtitles are so non-descript. "Half-Genie Hero" does not sound like a fourth game regarding Shantae's character, since she's been a half-genie hero since the events of the second game, and even the third game deals more with her adjusting to her not-as-magical abilities by borrowing Risky's pirate gear. 

However this game turns out, you know I'm always Ret-2-Go.