FE Heroes x Dragalia Lost Colab Coming

Anacybele

16 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Oh yeah, no more disheartening moments of resetting the percentage because you got a wyrmprint instead of a character or a dragon. I got 24 vouchers, 4 tens, and over 9000 wyrmite. Adding the 4500 extra wyrmites when the event comes then I’m surely completing the banner :P:

Now wrymprints will be acquired by trading eldwater or rare drops. And giving out a LOT of eldwater and wrymmites to us as well.

Dragalia Lost is a LOT more player friendly.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still hope the characters will be made available again in some way if Dragalia ever gets released in the rest of Europe. Having a limited event that I am super interested in before ever announcing plans to release it in my country is already turning me off the game.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

Now wrymprints will be acquired by trading eldwater or rare drops. And giving out a LOT of eldwater and wrymmites to us as well.

Legit bro, and all that shit just before what we care the most comes :^_^:

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

I really don't think it is. Not when 5 star exclusive dragons/wyrmprints are basically useless to f2p players due to their levels being gated behind merges (blah, blah, generic promotion items that take a long time to earn, blah) and event milestones taking WAY longer to earn than Heroes milestones.

Dragalia Lost is more player friendly in specific ways. It's also far less player friendly in specific ways. There is a tradeoff.

1 hour ago, Midnox said:

Oh yeah, no more disheartening moments of resetting the percentage because you got a wyrmprint instead of a character or a dragon.

My god those moments were horrible. What's worse is that even if you do get a wyrmprint you legit wanted, there's no guarantee that you'll ever see it again unless you're summoning from a banner. And usually? It's not a wyrmprint you wanted.

27 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I really don't think it is. Not when 5 star exclusive dragons/wyrmprints are basically useless to f2p players due to their levels being gated behind merges (blah, blah, generic promotion items that take a long time to earn, blah) and event milestones taking WAY longer to earn than Heroes milestones.

Dragalia Lost is more player friendly in specific ways. It's also far less player friendly in specific ways. There is a tradeoff.

Between being able to equip two Wyrmprints and the ability to buy Wyrmprints with Eldwater after the update that issue has become much less problematic. As for the dragons, it depends on the builds as none of the HM builds require more then one unbinding of 5 star dragons (which you can do through Moonstones) while a number of them require it with HBH, Void battles also don't require it. Additionally, with the update getting 5 star dragons will be easier and focus banners with them on it are rotated in between new ones usually bimonthly. It really isn't any worse then having to get high merges and premium skills in FEH to compete in high tier arena and AR.

Also, grinding has gotten progressively easier in DL through QoL updates through events (ex. WP that are given out during the event that boost the amount of points and materials you get), putting coveted rewards like the 5 star dragons at lower tiers, and general updates like the speed-up option allowing for quick auto-battle clears. In general, the game has gotten a lot more F2P friendly over the months.

Edited by Medeus

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

It true. However, the negative trade off is rather negligible because practically, the only times you MAY need such insane builds would be High Dragon Trials, some Void Battles (which are more of a gimmick rather than strong builds), and facility events’s master challenges from my experience. The game otherwise is pretty F2P friendly, and that was BEFORE the upcoming no wyrmprint in banners. With these gone, 5 star motherfuckers and lizard gods will be far easier to obtain

edit: forgot to mention, you only need to get the heroes once. Dragons are the ones in need of duplicates. But as mentioned, it’s not THAT mandatory in the case of 5 star

Edited by Midnox

Going off of GBF knowledge, he’s probably the starter character with the rest unlocked as you progress through the story or obtainable via the event shop. However I might be wrong and the rest end up being actual banner units. Regardless, I’m prepared to summon if I need to.

If it’s an event only, I expect Sharena and Anna as the only other characters.

If there’s an actual banner, add Veronica or Bruno (not both) plus their dragon of choice (probably Loki or Feh)

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Alfonse is the free unit. I wonder who else will appear in the game?

Mainly light element, as predicted. Good thing I’m in progress to get the other light altar to lv 30. The banner is likely to include Sharena and Commander Anna as well, but I’m expecting other characters. Makes sense for FEH characters to be there, but I wonder about the dragons. Dragons have yet to play a central role in the FEH lore, knowing Askr and Embla being the patron dragons of the two kingdoms at most. I think they’ll instead go for my Divine Dragon Waifu to be the summonable dragon

Great! Alfonse as free adventurer is amazing, because I don't have a Light Sword character yet. His Art and 3D model looks great too! I am curious to how his adventurer story will be.

And the new mode look fun and interesting to play, something that I hardly can say about FEH new modes...

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

And the new mode look fun and interesting to play, something that I hardly can say about FEH new modes...

Indeed, FEH hasn’t really done anything to renew the experience. In finding myself playing less and less, something I haven’t experienced since just before the first brave heroes. Now it’s not the Fates overtaking the game, but it’s actually the lack of fun

It was nice of Dragalia to do what Heroes can't and make Al look legitimately badass for once.

Super hyped for him and the new mode does look interesting if it really is a Dynasty Warriors type mode. Even having 3 other light swords, two of whom I like quite a bit, I'll still find a spot for Al. Do hope he has curse res to differentiate himself a bit. Plus it fits with this last chapter.

11 hours ago, Midnox said:

I think they’ll instead go for my Divine Dragon Waifu to be the summonable dragon

You should probably specify which Divine Dragon. It could be seen as Fae. XD

9 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

It was nice of Dragalia to do what Heroes can't and make Al look legitimately badass for once.

I think him shittalking Hel is the most badass thing he's ever done. Unless you mean appearance wise.

21 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I think him shittalking Hel is the most badass thing he's ever done. Unless you mean appearance wise.

More in terms of appearance, but I also wasn't nearly a fan of the last chapter as most people seem to be. The whole thing just struck me as hammy and a cop-out. I've got to give credit where it's due and if Alfonse had tried the same thing with Surtr, he would killed the kid on the spot, which means that Hel is apparently less of a threat than Surtr and also more foolish to play her hand without even being able to bluff competently. And don't even get me started on Eir's backstory.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I don't think this story is any worse than book 2. I just don't think it's any better.

Edited by bottlegnomes

47 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

More in terms of appearance, but I also wasn't nearly a fan of the last chapter as most people seem to be. The whole thing just struck me as hammy and a cop-out. I've got to give credit where it's due and if Alfonse had tried the same thing with Surtr, he would killed the kid on the spot, which means that Hel is apparently less of a threat than Surtr and also more foolish to play her hand without even being able to bluff competently. And don't even get me started on Eir's backstory.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I don't think this story is any worse than book 2. I just don't think it's any better.

I fairly disagree for several reasons, but this isn't the place to talk about it. 

2 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Tiki is best Divine Dragon Waifu :lol:

I really cannot see dragon except Tiki first for the collab.

22 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I really cannot see dragon except Tiki first for the collab.

Exactly. She’s THE most known playable dragon in FE. And while having revealed Alfonse implies the rest of the collab roster will be FEH characters as well, dragons within the core lore of FEH have yet to play any central role in the plot

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

I dunno. Threatening death itself into retreating and withdrawing her silly curse sounds legitimately baddass to me, and the Fonse did it in heroes. 

24 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Tiki is best Divine Dragon Waifu :lol:

To the point that there is actually a character who goes by the name Tiki=Waifu in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Said young lady,  yes lady- to quote her: "Tiki is still my waifu. My love transcends gender and dimensions.", even gets a momentary CG appearance in this number.:

Spoiler

...To stay on topic, this isn't enough to get me interested in DL again, but good for FEH and DL alike. Hope all the collab units not shown yet will be good as well.

41 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I fairly disagree for several reasons, but this isn't the place to talk about it.

I know I'm in the minority, as evidenced by the book 3 discussion thread, just my thoughts on it. To each their own.

12 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I dunno. Threatening death itself into retreating and withdrawing her silly curse sounds legitimately baddass to me, and the Fonse did it in heroes. 

As I mentioned elsewhere, the whole thing came across as beyond cheesy to me. It was like really, that's all it took? Also there's the whole fact that he was stupid enough to fall into her trap twice. What if she was actually semi-competent and had been like "Okay then, I'll just murder you now"? Then there's the fact that it pretty much outright states that Hel is incapable of directly killing people and is actually pretty limited in her power. She can only curse one person at a time (or at least it appears as such), has to be within close proximity, has to wait nine whole days, and those curses can pretty easily be foiled so long as someone dies. The whole thing just comes across as plot conveniences. But as omegaxis said, this isn't really the place for this discussion, and I'm not going to begrudge anyone liking it; these are just my thoughts. And again, I don't think the story is any worse than book 2, just not really any better. If you want to continue the conversation, feel free tag me in the story thread. Otherwise, I'll just drop it for now.

Edited by bottlegnomes

4 hours ago, Midnox said:

Exactly. She’s THE most known playable dragon in FE. And while having revealed Alfonse implies the rest of the collab roster will be FEH characters as well, dragons within the core lore of FEH have yet to play any central role in the plot

And it would actually be horrible if the Askr and Embla Dragons have to be revealed in Dragalia Lost collab than in the actual game.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...To stay on topic, this isn't enough to get me interested in DL again, but good for FEH and DL alike. Hope all the collab units not shown yet will be good as well.

You don't like Dragalia Lost? Why? It's such a fun game and a very positive environment. No competition or ranks that kills the entertainment value. And promotes cooperation.

32 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

You don't like Dragalia Lost? Why? It's such a fun game and a very positive environment. No competition or ranks that kills the entertainment value. And promotes cooperation.

I'm just not sure if I'm one for gatcha. It's a daily investment, even if a small one and I'm not sure that fits me. I guess I prefer traditional games that end.

I'm not even a real FEH fan, I love and support the idea of FEH- of a celebration of the entire franchise, hence my love for collecting representation statistics for FEH. But the gameplay for some reason just doesn't satisfy me as a mini-FE experience. And I don't even touch a good 3/4ths of the content, so the metagame stuff doesn't really bother me. I don't truly dislike the game either though.

I played DL, it was good for something free for the first few months, but then I just stopped when it stopped feeling fun late November. The daily grind became a bit exhausting.

I never deleted my account or the app though, and I think I have ~21k of Wyrmite and a Tenfold Ticket or two (and I'm a fool for not just logging in to have even more of those :>_<:), so I could jump back in if I wanted to. I might. But right now my soul is still trapped in Alrest, I'll need a few more days at least to free it.