FE Heroes x Dragalia Lost Colab Coming

Anacybele

21 minutes ago, Jave said:

I could see Lucina being one of the summonable characters given her time-travelling motif. I would summon for her, honestly.

Only one you can consider to be canonically traveling the dimensions. 

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm just not sure if I'm one for gatcha. It's a daily investment, even if a small one and I'm not sure that fits me. I guess I prefer traditional games that end.

I'm not even a real FEH fan, I love and support the idea of FEH- of a celebration of the entire franchise, hence my love for collecting representation statistics for FEH. But the gameplay for some reason just doesn't satisfy me as a mini-FE experience. And I don't even touch a good 3/4ths of the content, so the metagame stuff doesn't really bother me. I don't truly dislike the game either though.

I played DL, it was good for something free for the first few months, but then I just stopped when it stopped feeling fun late November. The daily grind became a bit exhausting.

I never deleted my account or the app though, and I think I have ~21k of Wyrmite and a Tenfold Ticket or two (and I'm a fool for not just logging in to have even more of those :>_<:), so I could jump back in if I wanted to. I might. But right now my soul is still trapped in Alrest, I'll need a few more days at least to free it.

That is a shame, but I can understand if this game is not for everyone. I honestly cannot help but love the game because of how friendly the atmosphere is, and I don't feel pressured by the meta. 

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But the gameplay for some reason just doesn't satisfy me as a mini-FE experience.

Yeah, Heroes is more like a collection of Fire Emblem minigames, rather than Fire Emblem lite as I had originally hoped. I think larger maps would help a lot. Maps with varied objectives as large as two Rival Domain maps side by side (which would only require horizontal scrolling) would really make the game fun to play. They wouldn't even have to resort to map completion rewards as an incentive to actually play the game. I'd pay for campaigns or scenarios, even if much smaller in scope than a traditional game. They probably wouldn't make nearly as much profit for the effort as they get for adding new units though.

30 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

That is a shame, but I can understand if this game is not for everyone. I honestly cannot help but love the game because of how friendly the atmosphere is, and I don't feel pressured by the meta. 

I've never played it, but I didn't particularly care for any of the characters, and it looked like it would take too much time investment. At least that's the impression I got from very limited YouTube videos. Its gameplay isn't turn-based, so it requires much more focus and attention. Also, you would have to actually pause the game for breaks. Touchscreens are great for turn-based games, but I generally want a controller or mouse for anything else. We'll see what FE characters they add, but I guess it's just going to be FEH originals or maybe a couple of the Fates or Awakening cast.

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

This is so true. About the biggest turn-off in player/player interactions is that coop can be occasionally frustrating on harder content, but even that isn't bad by any means. Granted I haven't gotten to the point where I feel up to the HDTs which I've heard can get annoying. Otherwise, yeah, I actually find Dragalia Lost relatively relaxing to play. Any non-GHB/story/TT content in FEH has just turned into a chore.

1 hour ago, Tree said:

I've never played it, but I didn't particularly care for any of the characters, and it looked like it would take too much time investment. At least that's the impression I got from very limited YouTube videos. Its gameplay isn't turn-based, so it requires much more focus and attention. Also, you would have to actually pause the game for breaks. Touchscreens are great for turn-based games, but I generally want a controller or mouse for anything else. We'll see what FE characters they add, but I guess it's just going to be FEH originals or maybe a couple of the Fates or Awakening cast.

I was actually in the same boat, but I came around on it. Most of the maps can be beaten in a couple minutes and they did a decent job of having an interesting story while not making segments so long that it's impractical to view them in between daily activities. The control scheme could use some work as far as targeting, but most of the content is forgiving enough that you probably won't lose out on something because you butterfingered. It also really helps that you only spend stamina when you succeed. 2x speed + autobattle has also made grinding fairly non-intrusive too.

Edited by bottlegnomes

1 hour ago, Tree said:

I think larger maps would help a lot. Maps with varied objectives as large as two Rival Domain maps side by side (which would only require horizontal scrolling) would really make the game fun to play.

Although if they did make the maps bigger as you suggest, I think simply having warp points wouldn't be sufficient. They'd be better for this unnamed mode alone expanding the movement ranges of all unit types.

This might make people like Armors more, if they had 3 Move compared to say 4 for Infantry and 5 for Cavs. They're still less mobile, but the extra Move would probably feel significantly better. They'd now have 3/5ths of Cav Move, as opposed to a mere 1/3rd.

2 hours ago, Tree said:

I'd pay for campaigns or scenarios, even if much smaller in scope than a traditional game.

I know they've already reused a lot of old maps in miniature form, but with bigger maps, I think they could seriously attempt to replicate segments of the actual games. A History Mode would be really beneficial for this game, helping to familiarize players with the franchise. 

I could see them doing a linear set of directly subsequent chapters- say Fates Conquest 22 to 25, the Hoshidan Royal Last Stand Gauntlet.

Or they could keep to linearity, but snip out certain battles. For instance, the Rise of Marth- Shadow Dragon Chapters: 1, 2, 5, and 6. I leave out Chapters 3 and 4 here as being less important, although Lena, Navarre, Merric and Julian could get a few quips in Chapters 5 and 6 to compensate. You begin with the very beginning of Marth's journey to greatness, fight when he returns to the mainland for the first time in three years, watch as he rescues Hardin and Nyna and their forces from near defeat, and then witness Marth reclaim all of Aurelis and receive the original Fire Emblem.

You could do a more drastic snipping though, maybe if you were doing a Black Knight Campaign, you'd have PoR Chapters 7, 11, 24, and 27. Or chronological linearity could be skipped altogether if you wanted to showcase certain characters in a certain way. Or you could do hypothetical/unseen battles- maybe have Ced and the Magi Squad hold Luthencia Castle from Grannvalian reinforcements, despite the Magi Squad not appearing in Genealogy and this being Chapter 9 Genealogy- after T776 ends. 

They needn't copy the dialogue from the original battles. The basics of what is happening and the spirit should be preserved. Yet they could take some artistic license, Caeda says nothing during Chapter 5 SD, surely she couldn't have thought nothing of the battle or said nothing of it in practice. Why not instead have her suggest to Marth that she fly over to reconnoiter this Coyote guy and his forces protecting Princess Nyna? 

46 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although if they did make the maps bigger as you suggest, I think simply having warp points wouldn't be sufficient. They'd be better for this unnamed mode alone expanding the movement ranges of all unit types.

This might make people like Armors more, if they had 3 Move compared to say 4 for Infantry and 5 for Cavs. They're still less mobile, but the extra Move would probably feel significantly better. They'd now have 3/5ths of Cav Move, as opposed to a mere 1/3rd.

[edit] rethinking this...

I don't want longer turns than Rival Domains in general, but I do want longer battles. More movement or warping would probably just speed things up too much. Warping might be OK on some maps, but I wouldn't want it on every map like in Rival Domains. For movement, I could see +1 to all, so that armor units could move diagonally. This would interfere with all the current small maps though, and I don't really see them adjusting movement based on map size.

For the campaigns or scenarios, I was thinking that they could not only recreate certain battles or sections of existing games, but also hypothetical situations such as having characters survive and continue in the story, playing as the enemy side, or playing side quests that occurred off screen in the original game (e.g. Bastian's work in Radiant Dawn).

[a few edits later...]

@Interdimensional Observer Went through a few iterations of this response as I gave it some more thought. I think this version is easier to understand.

Edited by Tree

16 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

This is so true. About the biggest turn-off in player/player interactions is that coop can be occasionally frustrating on harder content, but even that isn't bad by any means. Granted I haven't gotten to the point where I feel up to the HDTs which I've heard can get annoying. Otherwise, yeah, I actually find Dragalia Lost relatively relaxing to play. Any non-GHB/story/TT content in FEH has just turned into a chore.

Void battles like Void Agni and Void Zephyr can also be trying, but even if you mess up, the others don't really hold it against it. 

16 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

I was actually in the same boat, but I came around on it. Most of the maps can be beaten in a couple minutes and they did a decent job of having an interesting story while not making segments so long that it's impractical to view them in between daily activities. The control scheme could use some work as far as targeting, but most of the content is forgiving enough that you probably won't lose out on something because you butterfingered. It also really helps that you only spend stamina when you succeed. 2x speed + autobattle has also made grinding fairly non-intrusive too.

Getherwings too. The positivity only exists because of how you don't waste any resources in trying battles. Fail together and lose nothing (unless you count time), or succeed together and enjoy the spoils. 

Personally, I've gotten to really like the map size in Heroes. Every space is a big deal, and battles don't take too long.

They don't convey the kind of story a big FE map can, tbf. But for a less story-focused game, I think they work really well.

I have 9.000+ Wyrmites, and 1 Tenfold Summon Voucher, so I hope to get something good with the 7 full circles that I am able to summon. At least we are getting Alfonse, which will be a great addition to my Light Team.

We will probably get some new quests based on the new mode, and I hope for a special log-in bonus for the collab/golden week event, so maybe I will be able to do at least 2 more summonings.

28 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I have 9.000+ Wyrmites, and 1 Tenfold Summon Voucher, so I hope to get something good with the 7 full circles that I am able to summon. At least we are getting Alfonse, which will be a great addition to my Light Team.

We will probably get some new quests based on the new mode, and I hope for a special log-in bonus for the collab/golden week event, so maybe I will be able to do at least 2 more summonings.

Don't forget that we're going to get 25k eldwater and 4500 wyrmmite.

14 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Don't forget that we're going to get 25k eldwater and 4500 wyrmmite.

Oh yeah, right, forgot about those. I’ll be able to summon 10, 12 times assuming I don’t get 500 wyrmites by then, not to mention my vouchers

@omegaxis1 @Midnox

Also, Cygames annouced today that they will make some changes in the summoning. Now will be cheaper to summon.

• For single Summons, from 150 Wrymites, we will only spend 120.
  • For Ten Summons From 1.500 Wrymites, we will only spend 1.200.

IntSys should learn some lessons from Cygames, and when I say "some", I mean a lot!

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@omegaxis1 @Midnox

Also, Cygames annouced today that they will make some changes in the summoning. Now will be cheaper to summon.

IntSys should learn some lessons from Cygames, and when I say "some", I mean a lot!

My that sounds good! A 20% reduction in summon costs. Though they won't offer a refund of 20% of the Wyrmite you've spent so far of course- cetaceans would be breaking the limit then.

Imagine how much better it'd be for FtPers in FEH if a full summon was 16 Orbs. It would make full summoning a little more appealing if you were intending to snipe. I'd say decrease the cost on the 3rd summon to 3, and the 4th and 5th to 2.

If I assumed 200 Orbs per month, which I think is less than what is given on average, you'd be able to full summon three more times.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My that sounds good! A 20% reduction in summon costs. Though they won't offer a refund of 20% of the Wyrmite you've spent so far of course- cetaceans would be breaking the limit then.

Imagine how much better it'd be for FtPers in FEH if a full summon was 16 Orbs. It would make full summoning a little more appealing if you were intending to snipe. I'd say decrease the cost on the 3rd summon to 3, and the 4th and 5th to 2.

If I assumed 200 Orbs per month, which I think is less than what is given on average, you'd be able to full summon three more times.

I liked we got the cost reduction at the same time of the collab. More chances to get something that I want! ^^

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Seriously, why can't FEH cut the cost of orbs for summon? We spend a shitton of them already.

I'm kind of surprised they haven't revealed the Heroes characters beyond Alfonse yet. I would expect that to happen before they are actually available. My guess for characters is Alfonse, Sharena, Male Robin, and either Female Corrin or Tiki. Someone who plays Dragalia could probably make a better guess though.

9 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@omegaxis1 @Midnox

Fuck yeah, that’s kick ass. Funny that I could reach my tenth 10 summon without doing anything XD

3 hours ago, Tree said:

I'm kind of surprised they haven't revealed the Heroes characters beyond Alfonse yet. I would expect that to happen before they are actually available. My guess for characters is Alfonse, Sharena, Male Robin, and either Female Corrin or Tiki. Someone who plays Dragalia could probably make a better guess though.

I doubt they will use any characters beyond Heroes OC's since it's being called a Heroes crossover not with Fire Emblem in general.

I believe this collab will be treated as a special adventurers showcase (the Dragalia Lost version of Special Heroes banners), so it will probably have 3 characters in the showcase, plus Alfonse as the free unit.

If Alfonse is on it, I am sure Sharena will appear as well. Maybe Loki and Veronica as the others two?  We don't have Tomes in Dragalia, so Veronica would use a Wand, and Loki would use a Staff. Fjorm could be another good guess, as a Water Lance Unit.

About the Dragon... I am not sure, because we don't have any OG Dragon in Heroes... at least not yet. They could use Tiki, or don't have a dragon and have another adventurer instead.