FE10 Randomizer v0.5 - VERY WIP

Missing-qry

I've already posted this to Feuniverse, so I figured I might as well, right?

Radiant Dawn Randomizer v.05

What does it do?

The RD randomizer currently randomizes NTSC ROMs of Radiant Dawn v1.01, up to the end of Part 1 (it shouldn’t be difficult at all to implement for future parts, I’m just doing this one thing at a time.) It currently randomizes:

• Character bases/growths
  • Class bases/growths
  • Character classes
  • Item stats
    With more options to be implemented in the future. As it stands, characters are currently assigned the “base” weapon of whatever they can use (Irons, base tomes, etc.), though I'm looking into adding more randomization options in the future. Characters that randomize into laguz classes are also assigned the proper transformation gauge increments/decrements per turn.

If you actually do end up randomizing your ROM, have fun and good luck!

Bugs?

Unfortunately, there are several at this point that I’m aware of, and am currently working through:

• Random enemies on maps seem to keep being assigned weird, unusable weapons with insane stats. I'm still looking into this one; it shouldn't make the game unplayable by any means but it's something to look out for.
  • Currently, the "randomize lords", "lock characters to class tier", "add nonplayables to class pool" options are always enabled, and the "randomize skills", "randomize weapon effects", "randomize weapon triangle" parameters do nothing. I'm still working on implementing those as is.

Source & Screenshots

The current project build can be found here. I plan on making a proper executable at some point, but right now, Python files are what you get. I also have a larger reference spreadsheet containing all of the research I've done on class/item locations, etc.

hDvgQvi973TsDj7JO1e2bVGOcjtKvrKJ6OSc6AwfaTdFJaDp-B8WtIu3wUqSZcYgMEodtl7tbZPb3x8JvnG_qnyGL6THKV_5zmiFAj7GvckCSKIu5sQyor-KgHZyFd8CK9v0caYb

noVhII7verPvhx9d1Br8oOlcpG62Bh-akhHHB4osJVqo0TJB-oNOHpeG6LtfPsxzRcZgiH7r6q_O-fvg23msSnWPKbcxIssnNZfsDnuB_4GWaAhJ07kBk0T5zMxL_TqkMyLzDqt-

qSQku-uM6muxTbfWuxnJBJCsVs5QDo5nt_BiNXRxNbEkGRzzI26GIFQPpGJVy1LWpt5eQQuINrOWocLnOmcBZcQAUvz5Qq3rIZ5EgrSoZrCHrxspreEOZEqSHyGnNCBO3zJGexQx

Credits

Thanks to VincentASM and everyone who contributed to the FE10 hacking megathread, which I definitely couldn't have made this without.

Edited by Missing-qry

The only suggestion I have is to make the download link a little bigger.  It's pretty easy to miss in the description!

• 3 weeks later...

Update!

• Randomizer now randomizes up to the end of Part 2, though I haven't personally tested anything there yet.
  • I've added the functionality for the "randomize weapon triangles" and "randomize skills" (which currently only does character skills, class skills are a little more iffy to mess around with but it hopefully shouldn't be a problem). I haven't personally tested either of those functions yet, so please let me know how it goes!
  • Furthermore, the "randomize lords" option should always be selected now that the randomizer randomizes maps up to part 2- Micaiah is still randomized regardless of the option currently, but the option blanks out her event promotion skill in order to prevent any crashes.

Bugs:

• I've found that in some rare cases, the mystery weapons end up crashing the game when viewed. These usually appear on earlygame Fighters, in place of their typical Bronze Axes. Still looking into this one, but I suspect it's an issue either with randomizing the Fighter class itself or stats of the Bronze Axes. Please let me know if you have any more findings in that area!

So I've tried using this, and I'm stuck on step 4 ;____; I likely am doing something wrong. 

I just can't seem to get the command line to open anything lol V_V

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...