Lunatic Revelations Pick My Units (Complete)

On 4/27/2019 at 12:13 PM, Dayni said:

Garon, seen here being a nuanced villain and a fascinating character worthy of deeper analysis.

I can cut that biting sarcasm with a knife

On 4/27/2019 at 12:13 PM, Dayni said:

Silas is a character who you either feel sorry for or consider pathetic.

Here I think he passes the line of sympathetic.

I think he managed to be so pathetic as to be sympathetic for me.

Part 13 And he would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you Royal brat and your meddlesome Wyvern  Chapter 15

We start with Ryuuji and his scooby gang asking about the whereabouts of the Rainbow Sage leading them to his house

u-QIQGCtkgePKMMann6cEuZAgIiru1PZrlPo8FSE

and the Rainbow Sage asks if they seek power

UfzKH3xe_L27uh0pOp47WEXrcaYORz56qneMoFoy

but is delighted when they are only seeking sage advice

P8qVr6nzV8QHxE4ZJuaprTW3t0Q0Xx-xd-ckLJjp

The Rainbow Sage manages to pull the wool over Ryuuji's eyes so thoroughly, by telling him of the Rainbow Sage's trials, that Ryuuji promises to tell the Sage about how to find him afterwards

1nf_Qmo8AZwY3UD8AwbD0k1kxrt-hz3J-3fyUoUM

I8K6K9_MVMJl-8YujnEts9ffu1Wls3tzjRNiRWpM

As someone who grew up in the mountains, that looks like a fairly gentle part of the slope they are showing while Takumi says this.

aNC6jao2wzrzhIrugAD8Mx4tffsRtFGGwTCjYAQ2

...First don't infantilize Ryuuji Camilla, second why wouldn't you just suggest he ride your Wyvern.

They successfully complete their gentle hike to the sevenfold sanctum and prepare for battle.

First the between chapter stuff. I support grind, Silas and Beruka to B rank, and Effie and Hayato to B rank as well. As for the forge, Selena despite promoting is still stuck on E axe rank, so I forge her the Severa +1 bronze axe for a little more oomph. Now this chapter only has 9 deployment slots, so no room for any rule 6 additions, and I even have to leave one unit on the bench. I decide not to split my army, so I only need one healer, and Sakura is the highest level (and primarily a healer, at least till she hits C rank shurikens) so I let her sit this one out.

MmcmR61oOKJggn25LG0MrLw_VP-DzoeA_NRLSRBM

I start by taking on the west rooms, and use the Silas Beruka power couple to tank the closest enemies

Sii6mUSdjxUxv3Mj5hrSmhN7enUMvXItE2E20NcO

and finish them with Silas and Elise

JtE0zrniJw9eQavA1HDT0FuJ289ENvqVsLA9YPJQ

Next turn Nyx

j1wFqD2NrU7HgK6BG2avwAIGejf_-uHCwRs5iLxV

decides that the sanctum of the Rainbow Sage, that only four people have ever survived reaching, is the safest place to avoid the hazards of war.

Ryuuji asks her to join his forces for her own safety

-RlsM16LF10F8jBPSKwmFx4xjT_svCCbdQS5ebfi

and Nyx chastises his naivete, but

VsHScK_FVswVgGlQ6h1ZHjwXaLVBGlMUiQPj6kB5

is convinced anyway.

Meanwhile Beruka and Elise charge in to take down the archer, while Selena is danced to chip the general

LcNHuvpN1wL00jhXa37h2gdGz21zCubsV3YcQEEh

Elise kills it next turn with the hammer, and Felicia heals for a level

ClmN20UxPAvr8mGbSUCROXbt4PbbEr5QgiZguvuP

and Beruka switches to Silas to chip and tank the early ninjas and samurai of the next room

Qefy767j9AA3Pe8TLPgsSGSBbHcatRPzFcRJ3qZD

and the samurai decides to block the stairs

h944hHWkfsxkRSYMTukQM975XnT3sqUkUNdlPZkH

Silas finishes it next turn, and I give Elise a Selena pairup to draw in the physical foes (and Felicia heals Silas)

YuChiOASs9Usw32YrgUnlax7iaSoHsre-rTIbSdB

and finishing both gives Elise and Beruka a level each

8AnEJBH6qMhGUuSwF4iof3XyLpQXtC1uhkVJfvhPuuK1cICaE35Da813HSsuVZX9EujHT53OjhJXHKEt

and I let Felicia remove the diviner

Vs0kgp_zlLQOxMWnI0oDKvfhkLq64xUQojHsIlPQ

I take another turn to loot the chest with a key, and advance everyone forward. Then I charge in to kill the two archers in the middle room with Beruka and Elise, but one is a little too fast so I change plans to use Selena instead

ElB3hx0UdjPU-t5GTWv6q-uHq2ToPKDjyJjD3awx

That general hits hard enough that I pull back to heal, and then give Felicia a Nyx pairup to cripple the general when he hits me from range

M_uTnwIO_dqXsQFrO8gbpH--MIcJOMQe0S5yrQO1

Which lets Elise get the kill on the general safely , and kill his attack stance partner from range

TLmLkYdESqoulm6Du7FvbcZ5g7RilV7Qtanc8VJo

The rest of this room can be jumped next turn, but instead of advancing to the boss I head over to grab Shura and the other chest

Silas takes down that first mage, and with a dance I recruit Shura. Now Shura has a believable reason to be in the Sevenfold Sanctum (unlike Nyx)

oX81EMXQdnafXSRvy4qn1G2PXjZfT1ggf_MSdtGf

As he want to get revenge against the monster that killed his family, and everyone he knew as a child, Kotaro the daimyo -

BzCPg75En_yDEWun9tNoTYlNQcyedXIrHPV-BLYp

That's got to feel like a bit of an anticlimax for Shura. His entire life preparing for a vengeance he will never have. He decides to join us to repay us for slaying his arch nemesis.

I let Elise pull in the further enemies in this room

IawIJItSD8q1PXzxYNowCnrdupmDMgh7POB1U-d4

Elise kills this spearman, I loot the room, and decide to finish off the last room here before taking on the boss chamber. I give the general kill to Elise for a level

rEXwXUdP2YHmZcFV3HSgIt8FTAtHMpfFwtfBmG0D

and wipe the lot of them on player phase

YDuQtxjPmzMNkZIOTK_f3nmsGyHvgjjImUoFVIqT

Now onto the boss room.

I start by letting Silas (plus Beruka pairup) enemy phase the cavaliers with the lily poise boost

6hDpwjDbeHWbNRAPYlYJPaxXQsR56aqinttUdDcu

Which lets Silas level.

YQiyK1bAwjoavnogY4HE2T8CEdeIWRiqSZ6omh66

Then I let Elise hammer the eastern general for the kill and draw in the other with Beruka

7Kpanoskagy8jimBJy3X2mhXUHuACZJr-vSWL-D7

and trade the hammer for the kill and a level

OwhmsOjDXioVnMs1YPSG59_srPv_w2D2iNU8r_8d

Now I let Oboro start by enemy phasing the boss, but let Ryuuji get the kill for a level on player phase

l7plrmH8Blx_EtyqrmyO_ZkwBKWlJLPnKtm9ZI0EwrpK0eCmiyTCTOoOAc2t-NBYXQ-H1_ArDjv3GHmi

and finish it.

zRzIbMUpgnHpQllJOcwtFf2Bnjt6IBiekn2hjkEz

well its the Rainbow Sage's magic nonsense door...

EZwGq7SpzF21n5LJUpWPh55Muar1gtgjydR49K6f

and we finally decide to take off his rubbery mask to reveal

wgWg8K_0hOvWYcsF5ShG34dw1U6_X0yPPz5O10ai

The Rainbow Sage, and Ryuuji asks him for help finding himself... again

zFrnLCl8hWoOfnXh_m8ne-F1rPI0T9ANcfG0vet9VC7vyDMOZYsjtyR2zSeMptb7Ow0je7bnKRW1MOQy

All right I actually kinda like these lines corny as they are. This ritualistic phrase awakens

xTmU2u3RgI8pUCpVgbees3Dvekq2-abTDRlK8MzC

but we will still need

ADMBvU7xTNZNrKbt9hfQwH3T9c_SSkotRPx0JRay

To create the Fire Emblem

pp2Vu3MCovvT8v0kO2Hlq2A6oTHkU4mZoENtGyuG

(roll credits)

aII_5INiqNg-a_zzpMOlSfYjCv5mIuL6fqFqpoaT

Oh right the scooby doo plot-line wasn't actually done yet was it.

3j1kybC_8eek6hePA4SskgRAcvSyY01V-mCMZM7i

Lets see here we have Anankos the dragon of silence and incest, Moro the astral dragon of plot convenience, the dawn dragon of Hoshido, the dusk dragon of Nohr, the Ice dragon that the ice tribe inconsistently remembers, which implies a wind and fire one for the other tribes, plus the Rainbow sage makes 8 dragons we hear referenced in the game, even by implication.

The choice of 12 dragons hint at a Jugdral reference, but other than the fire, wind, and possibly the dawn dragon they don't seem to have easily determined equivalents, and the Ice dragon is the biggest wrench in any connecting theory.

Q8p9mAhQA1boSfnM2ROKWlvrEmoUI44TVrou3bVW

Like always the Rainbow Sage dies so that no one can question why he isn't the Gotoh archetype to save you in the end.

7uWIEPPqGawyLyR5NETxFlowaHP15di9WucWGv4H

This astral plane invading recruitment is utter nonsense, and unfortunately won't be the last of them.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
forgot to add part title

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I8K6K9_MVMJl-8YujnEts9ffu1Wls3tzjRNiRWpM

As someone who grew up in the mountains, that looks like a fairly gentle part of the slope they are showing while Takumi says this.

It's never clear just how high this is either.

For all we know it could be literally 50 metres up or something stupid like that and mountains are just terrifying to the people of Nohrhido. After all, the northern part of the world map's essentially abandoned and it's the most mountainous.....

10 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Lets see here we have Anankos the dragon of silence and incest, Moro the astral dragon of plot convenience, the dawn dragon of Hoshido, the dusk dragon of Nohr, the Ice dragon that the ice tribe inconsistently remembers, which implies a wind and fire one for the other tribes, plus the Rainbow sage makes 8 dragons we hear referenced in the game, even by implication.

The choice of 12 dragons hint at a Jugdral reference, but other than the fire, wind, and possibly the dawn dragon they don't seem to have easily determined equivalents, and the Ice dragon is the biggest wrench in any connecting theory.

I don't remember there being an ice related weapon in the game, though you could try to stretch one of them like the Helswath being the Tundra Axe or something.

Maybe it's them going for a reference for the sake of it and taking this as a retcon. Keep in mind that several of the legendary weapons are referred to as just Holy (As described here), which could mean an easy pick for a change there.

On 4/29/2019 at 2:27 AM, Dayni said:

I don't remember there being an ice related weapon in the game, though you could try to stretch one of them like the Helswath being the Tundra Axe or something.

Maybe it's them going for a reference for the sake of it and taking this as a retcon. Keep in mind that several of the legendary weapons are referred to as just Holy (As described here), which could mean an easy pick for a change there.

That's a fair point, they could just declare one of the weapons described as holy as ice related (perhaps in a Genealogy remake). Or it could be some vague reference like the dragon gate.

On 4/29/2019 at 9:22 PM, Armchair General said:

Speaking of ice-based weapons, doesn't Leo have an Iceblade or something? And I think there's an ice-infused shuriken-platter.

They are both weapons exclusive to astral base talk or the reward box. There is Leo's Iceblade and Felicia's Platter. Also of note like these ice weapons, there is an ice visual effect on Felicia's and Flora's attack animations.

Part 14 The calm before the storm Paralogue 14

So first I relationship grind Silas and Beruka to S to let them exchange their classes with their vows

fsej3ZQ4BBffWfzxY6jVQHWL6rI7T0-gUa955gq4qvZ5lZ3tEMMlMD1CKkUa9esv0vnsHCE6uGqi7sC9

and then I grind Effie and Hayato's support up to S. This is the first time I have seen this support and I was pleasantly surprised. Its all about the two of them being envious of the others talents, and turning that into something positive by working together to improve themselves (plus they are disarmingly honesty with regard to their budding feeling, which made for a charming romance as well). Now it is time to get Rhajat.

Hayato has come to visit his daughter who has been practicing

Rk1Hnl0VECViNRo6hrxC-FVLFyn-MfYKUO05dU3J

Which is a bit silly to say when she can't use "dark magic"

PtY6utHatgg1IMdKjmuzBGR-0-6Esk_xCMLGVypm

although she has apparently discovered those ancient forbidden arts sealed away in Gaiden/Echoes and its biggest fan Sacred Stones, the ability to summon.

lxKizQQofQI8UkffBOpLGKdlCgzBSxebRbEPfNx2

Ok that's a bit creepy

Alright on to the map. I let Camilla slink in through rule 6, but for the most part she is just here for the Dragon Veins. This map is filled with faceless that are barely a threat, and can only really annoy us with protective skills like breakers and pavise/aegis. They keep spawning from the pools of goo until you activate the Dragon Vein, and as you progress more of the pools will act as spawn points. Infinitely spawning mooks of questionable quality, that still give out xp in a route map, makes it beyond clear that this was a Birthright map. First turn I stomp all enemies in range and use the flight of Camilla and Elise to destroy 2 pools

gDqAGSszGLnmbrCD3n2f2Qf0BOLGjYYbGI2hVsPj

Beruka and Silas were close enough to capping after their support grinding that they hit 20 this turn as well

MnSNojLZLP3obXal2Qo3MUJgnSwsxq1-6sU2MQ71x72LOI-azIlffjO0y473yAYkZxniDMgtim_apI4r

hUAjPFxn4vE2Vb6y4dmjBlHLeo2y28YsMt657pDAZ0ULYE2pJCMDdXhacYMJpwvh_9FtgGtocL2SY8Bc

After the class changes we press on north to reach the house

30x4qucDIrDJUcfbPUzSOKoVdC2UH9tdfOFL4UMx

The terrain and bodies of the mooks are slowing our progress, especially while following rule 11 strictly (so no combat, even attack/guard stance for Hayato).

0KG6_APUf59Ukw8KHV6CR2Gd2f9_vclh92zfsbr-

Elise finally caps as we carve our way to Rhajat, and Camilla is proving the worth of a unit that flies, activates dragon veins and isn't expected for combat

70vNMXTDOnJ6HaeAhQPzxEBXkhO8wU4p5eVkYZf1XdWfmTdjbrMN-28L3kTYpcVs93_ZpMBDOjaZth6Z

With a dance we recruit Rhajat next turn

IyID7dcximNuUfw0KsNK-OHVabvV2TGGknPhqipL

More like annoying

Fj0qoksjVuUKe-ojbJreqZi4iGCTEU0R4hq3qxFb

She is really committed to this horrifying faceless monstrosities are my babies shtick.

Elise promotes to Malig Knight, but she managed to reach that pivotal C rank Axe (for the bolt axe) shortly before, so this isn't as massive a change in her combat potential as it might seem.

3yVA7mMpORbcjKUQJoTIALmKuo_ieRZixT_ytxIn

We start turning the army southward to deal with the active spawns, while the flying DV sisters keep ranging afield to close off pools before they become problems

BsPeRdvCAavvE-WwaZ87tnch1EbCwdZbDSQPu7QW

I forgot to buy a heart seal for Rhajat before recruiting her, so the level she gets on the last turn is in her base class

ZzDXGlXEXUkazkbdwsEKuDG2oxfnifXivw4SjsVw

Not a big fan of this chapter, hence the 6 turn clear

rGIPpx9OCfyTLyi_xOsCE8-PgNTU9pu832pBU2Rv

fU-rGfxN0UGlQFK3sP1oMlWTjxHtRSkXtHXvoBBy

Rhajat is a little creepy, but not quite as bad as her anagram namesake (especially in her supports with the other child characters)

esx7B0VAap9y3603jdsQ7JyCOYUuvVqHMEw0yXNN

So the whole monstrosity child thing is just an attempt to justify

Cv5wzHhOkaUMcq6C68VGS7IS-Fef5GNPIF4wVcDd

her Camilla levels of stalkerhood.

Once I am back at my astral base I reclass her to

l_L8F7YF-NrmMXfd_S4xWCTC17XYGiIAbKE_kWmg

Man another E rank of axe to work through...

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Fj0qoksjVuUKe-ojbJreqZi4iGCTEU0R4hq3qxFb

She is really committed to this horrifying faceless monstrosities are my babies shtick.

Well, you can also beat her and she'll still be recruited, so maybe the game assumes you're beating sense into them.

On 5/1/2019 at 1:29 AM, Dayni said:

Well, you can also beat her and she'll still be recruited, so maybe the game assumes you're beating sense into them.

...Wow that kinda funny (in a dark sorta way)

On 5/1/2019 at 3:43 AM, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Alright, now we have my request. Mixed attack and defense looking good so far.

One thing I don't think shows with the level ups is her +2 magic skill, and with a long E rank of Axe she looks a bit better as a mage for chapter 16-17, we will see for the future as I did (spoiler) get her D rank by the end of 17

9 hours ago, Armchair General said:

So in other words, you just did Siegbert's chapter.

Fair point, Siegbert's isn't any better, but the reinforcements feel more threatening than faceless, don't give XP, and you have to close all the pools for victory as well as route (instead of just route like in this map).

Part 15 The Burden of a Long Twilight Struggle Chapter 16

We open on a Yukimura led sortie to break the siege of Castle Shirasagi

Jtw1516UCrfXBD1Oa4Qv2jWvIxHq3FNX5c3LGaG2

when Ryoma returns, taking the besieging army from the rear, for a crushing victory

636K6r07gf9r5Ceuw7D0MuGH-jHdYsSYjVkmjtnX

and he gets to meet Ryoma's ...friend Scarlet

CGmag6SRMc3PM7SQGmCJVi2SSggt65kzbV_l2p8L

don't worry girl I'll hook you up.

1y41hdx102qxiqEKQyFNDhD81IhZHLHRjnaeg9pu

Yeah, "friends" (she really shouldn't be stuck as a Corrin sexual, these two just work too well together)

JDdB4IgdzB4k2FuNWlZQYWs-FbEg3G67XmQkZzME

Yukimura knows what's up.

yf9Sgic48x5fb3f-2jKErkMO7JrtY73E85vlIXPSESYjfQ5jkPlbjqymHGQSM4-EumCXo4f3Q3UkWHSj

Like in Nohr, Ryuuji's diplomatic efforts are starting to bear fruit

zhL8NwOcxnq-axKL8NDVdlK0KvOZMFPWjZyqB9EN

and his honesty has won the Hoshidan's over

iX3z7f5fQsAdwjsA26-F8HfrqVWyTXQvpuvPV28M

He really has grown into a leader thro-

XzOPwCTreaWiEDQJ13-QNFkribQc6zXbfoOiHCei

...Sigh. They just had to take away Ryuuji's growth into a competent leader by claiming Ryoma recognized his ability when he was a toddler. I base this age estimate from Azura being kidnapped after Ryuuji in retaliation, and Elise being born after Azura's kidnapping as stated in their support, so the age difference between Ryuuji and Elise is an upper bound on how old Ryuuji was when Ryoma last saw him, and if she is technically an adult I don't see that as being more than 2-4 years

UlFL0nWjhwOonTq5YJ0h0kGaJ3o0FBdQTnK3K4pA

This is ripped straight from FE4 Shannan's character growth, and I am OK with that.

iKNOEpUWwBU1Hdf0fvyLUXTT_cL7c5QFfh-JdsOB

Yukimura, this isn't one of those feeling you can logic away. Of course he couldn't have saved Ryuuji as a child, but

LIbRcgjqkZqp6SE38vBzEka6XLbsGTxT_SnqK791

and Ryoma decides

ZkdylDHMGYA-1lQWbToUKc2re3T1P0vkfSm2kspQ

as well as

PPahwi_Xs73qbqYrw36K4dDs3dnuwlJzka323FBq

But Ryoma, Yukimura, and Scarlets aren't the only ones there, and Ryoma isn't

0j4kBc3CzsLHN-dvTqe4rOqWanoSu3gCCbd3n_TG

and she reviews how all the royals felt after chapter 6

Yf8aRehZWAg6ukfceReX-eKte5d39vc0yU57Q1Dt

sQAQweUxMx04N2nU9F3AGJ9tbaBHCxlgWTTvjzmd

There really should have been some kinda scene where Ryuuji interacted with Hinoka before she made this decision

cW65R5PrpZx6XX4xPL9moX4RmCXHPlwWnDriAa5j

whoa there Hinoka, don't go full Camilla on us now.

nnVuLzJFLBg8xfLZTckerBAwqWLyitcF5wbUDiCk

...This is a very strange veiled threat coming from Yukimura. No one wants Hinoka to mimic her Nohrian counterpart, but I think you are crossing a line there.

HlDHkRcKdmELBw2jSb3fmgb8mvArarKwULThbCeG

...I won't spoil Azura's master plan just yet Yukimura

Now back with Ryuuji in the fiery hellscape that is the map that you cannot save after

MZD1LcZlwZyXWBd5Nb5n85txvMMiBlXLf7Tdxzxz

Elise despairs prematurely

egz4DiMccgdJJDc4ZatYuBYDWBen3I7spVUEH7uY

exactly

emzT-PBdHSHA7q6ibVtK4eaWyMdIiUP35GEewlcC9RJBnKUFmixvqf1Hj23ZwIqefZgeL99BJgBGjKxJ

I kinda like how they maintain the character audience information gap here.

ouwGB52BXsV6maPzIsEG47K-4q58zObXT5B-o8Y-

and before we begin the last of the Hoshidan characters join our crew, and Azura is happy to see a plan coming together.

The map itself has an interesting gimmick, with the Dragon Veins that raise or lower the lava walls, but its a bit more random than I like. You can literally exit the map and reenter to change the initial firewall positions, and the way it changes over time follow a pattern I've never mapped out. I get another Bronze axe forge for Rhajat (called the Tharja). We also have to drop one unit for this map, and I decide to drop Felicia for this one. I have one reset while trying to get more Hinoka-Azama relationship points than I aught, and redo the map twice more due to the next map...

YYD-37wR1j4dcuBiCGq5KFG0daWCJOBxzWZ7qNA9

Elise is paired with Selena in that position to head due north to kill a fighter (with the WTA of a tome she dodges despite entering combat in melee, if she was hit, Azama could have healed her safely), and then gets danced to transfer Selena to Setsuna to then finish off the Sorcerer in the north that Hinoka and Azama chip for some relationship grinding, and then carefully being rearrange to make sure only Selena and Elise are the only ones that can be targeted on enemy phase.

amyg9O8bBy6cq9wdVBRLZfwDpa-Ww-gfs-9pb-BS

I take things a bit slow with the rest of the crew as Silas is ready to enemy phase the pair of dark mages with a javelin (while getting some axe rank with the Rhajat attack stance).

6zkn6Gn_Oxt7Kyq1u10zzzfMcVxogeHIXC3nQJOJ

Rhajat's attack stance misses both (with mid 70s accuracy this is a bit unlucky), but one Silas can finish, and other she can kill herself (with a Ryuuji pairup to avoid an adventurer attack stance) Beruka handaxe's the fighter that attack stanced across the wall, but in a continuance of my current luck there is an attack stance miss to keep it alive. Sakura range heals Silas's damage

NQJ4wTYjqG4uA4Fc9m0f8HBBZpBHgFew9evao25l

While Elise prepares to enemy phase a general with the bolt axe.

nJT1dGXpiMew2OCVRt4yB3JTrIszxGP2nQ__DmLm

Next turn Selena takes out the fighter to the south, and then the one that was following behind with a dance, Azama heals Elise a bit, Elise kills the other general, and gets a pairup to keep from being crushed by the attack stances (and add the guard gauge for survivability)

VTb31RJAfoG4j7ujWa9tRaGWnq_zowvZpWNHHe5n

Meanwhile in the south, the adventurer didn't try for the attack stance anyway, so Rhajat takes out the dark mage that attacked, and a Beruka-Caeldori pairup moves to block the melee attack at least

QDqpJ4EfWWk6xE-MCEpV2PZ030Mwrs_18ifrBlR-

With northern adventurers threatening to push in and eviscerate Elise (plus the lava change removing their potential choke point), we pull back towards a convergence with the south. One of the adventurers went to heal the injured fighter and ends up getting pinned by the lava, while Rhajat gets an adventurer kill with some ranged Beruka chip(the inability to stay on the canyon space made that inevitable). After healing Rhajat (Beruka can take the adventurer's hit with 5 hp to spare) I am just short of finishing both fighter, but we should be able to hold (even with an off screen dark mage able to now approach from the southeast)

GIrJTILpixcgSJEc-d5mB7AgnAK2ltXPW2YUKRsn

Next turn Rhajat finishes the injured fighter for

YK3j3ymtTi4LEaMKEQcZTJzh7OSn8uoMy48SMAXQ

...In some ways an ill omened first Oni level, but I like the strength while she is stuck in E rank

With Beruka able to slip around the wall to chip the adventurer from range, I risk the kill with a Silas-Oboro attack stance (if either hit this will be fine, and while Silas has mid 70 hit on it, Oboro has high 90s with her Obowro, so <1% chance of failure on single RN), while Selena gets danced to block the armor off after a ranged chip, as the army begin to merge.

71HPpR2iF0_gqua_yAO-97XFQ0hMbIVzT7gaH0HP

The armor flees for healing and then the lava throws a wrench in my plan

WenEd99um5iLbTup6rmbRooqExY0BR7wHeihOBPN

I guess the armies aren't merging anymore, those trapped do what chip they can without risking serious punishment (note Beruka transferred to get the free attack stance with the handaxe before Selena transferred back to remove the risk of berserker attack stance crits) while the northern army prepares to ambush whatever comes around the lava wall, and the remains of the southern army push forward and heal

FNl5L1x_-m9AtegbK1b3RxnjE1aAd0slwyrPDG0V

The adventurer stayed to heal the Berserker which lets Elise kill the other safely from range with a dance to grind both magic rank and hit a block to make the next enemy phase safe and for this level

fYPio3kEqZdq3n4MVNhVonAVKhO9WsNjVUU3kmuf

Meanwhile the southern army lets Rhajat draw in the first enemy they manage to find

2xyaFef8rTHf_PA7t1O2YBKv8Hxi9bFdAJnOnfwM

With the lava changing and freeing the center its time for a Dragon Vein to turn the tides with the northern army

lw2b6ihGtfi5owKEqULldGHxscDKIShPxWfFs2zP

This lets Selena finish the berserker, and Azura dance Beruka after her ranged finishing of the adventurer, to swap to Caeldori to one round the other Berserker farther north. This nets Selena a level, and Beruka one on the block xp.

rmuXV2l42Bb-PyMJlxpPKnLhIoRTR8atZl4QPUx47SG9ftaoAAmREtp7veEtcaA-mms3wzTyWlVJJEvG

Meanwhile the changing of the lava has dire consequences for the southern army, Rhajat finishes the armor, but with the new terrain Silas has to block the potential path of a Berserker (this ends up being a false alarm as the armor blocks the spot instead), and I am careful to clog up the space the general to the north would need with some of the trailing troops. The northern army starts heading north again, but there is nothing blocking their path.

D2j4LPT92RvNnZUtil2EOVvcNG1gD8oYTNAwTyZM

Next turn there is another lava change, and with how open it is I pull the southern army back a little to draw in promoted enemies more gently.

e9GBZ5eauxjqkL9hLT-4L4LIgdyiZ9_Y_GPoemus

Meanwhile all is quiet on the northern front

KsYhhBTnv_jdJXb1HNNMzaHX0QRPgKkrcyfSE4Qr

Things get a little complicated, as the injured armor convinces one of the adventurers to move south to heal, and is now threatening anyone in the south that would deal with the general, and berserker that moved to join a pointless attack stance, which leads to another interesting dragon vein use

Ljp6bBz_qyWlRvZJ2KATt-nhpyH0sXOnlOMuqzft

With Oboro ranged chipping, debuffing, and attack stancing the berserker for the Rhajat kill, and Silas slowly whittling down the general (unfortunately Beruka has the hammer right now), I decide to use Beruka to pull the adventurer north

b0q8rRbx_D4uy0oCUaTHXdYlmLUIlVqWN_KRI2gB

With a lot of chipping, debuffing and a solid attack stance I manage to give Rhajat her level cap with the general kill for

B_1GB1F2bUUThtKwsb3SgWpintuWa0NKaRxHzrdC

I mean the strength is nice, but you need better levels in general Rhajat. Here is hoping the Oni Chieftain class gives her better levelups than the Oni Savage has.

In the north I finish the adventurer, but reinforcements have arrived, so I take it a little careful, while Silas baits in the first of the generals that started approaching from the south (they started further east, and when they started moving the fire walls forced them to approach from around the walls to the south)

IVmd9-D9d-13bVbgm8RrpD83tmtdxgoznxOgQIcM

Silas levels from the enemy phase chip

zf0skUCFqdGLoTX2FsjNDRcRSHSqo5KVpsv4sfO-

Then once again the flames turn against me, but a dragon vein lets me mitigate the hassle.

R9ODHjqTGnqIoHMoVuK0-OxseUdKxfUss44VN_pH

The rest of the northern army each kill a reinforcement to wipe them, and Azama nabs a healing level

xObIIWMsW5Hnyh-OMVWGSdBYTq2gNVxECsf3D3VX

and then Rhajat promotes in dancing range

KcHpzgmBY-F97WyoNE59M1K3B878iT-cZ7CYBXI9

To use her returning magic to remove the general

M4azDt8gvBZ7XANQZDVLJF4axxdoPj3A2YC3stVW

Next turn Sakura picks up a healing level, and Rhajat manages to level killing the general on the other side of the fire, while Elise draw in the sorcerer

UX1gRHMNtZTh5ECNJ2ZR4PhkYnnIUYRbZvKZUrovcY25irPTLGssrwX7NXHiOSfKDONIjtWt5Hes5pS0

hrRa1ghrpzsDlcdvYCt-_mcr5adw9OfSft1FmGeY

Elise pick up a full block she then uses to draw in the berserker while Oboro finished the sorcerer for a level

G2Pm1BNPqOMwvAS07dXP8LCTE_ukBpa_ofhGnSCn

f4GiFf1r4au7gvbxDCOrKZZyzOtYspDao5wf1iRS
The berserker is no problem now, and with no promoted enemies left I rush Hans, give Rhajat a little more axe rank before giving the kill to Ryuuji for the level

-LqC1Et23hBQayq1XEx5qEuWwRFogzX1zyBUzBzk

I have 17 done as well at this point, hopefully I get it up before the weekend but we will see. Turns out the secret was to get some sleep after finishing 16 and beat 17 the next day.

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...Wow that kinda funny (in a dark sorta way)

One thing I don't think shows with the level ups is her +2 magic skill, and with a long E rank of Axe she looks a bit better as a mage for chapter 16-17, we will see for the future as I did (spoiler) get her D rank by the end of 17

Fair point, Siegbert's isn't any better, but the reinforcements feel more threatening than faceless, don't give XP, and you have to close all the pools for victory as well as route (instead of just route like in this map).

Part 15 The Burden of a Long Twilight Struggle Chapter 16

We open on a Yukimura led sortie to break the siege of Castle Shirasagi

Jtw1516UCrfXBD1Oa4Qv2jWvIxHq3FNX5c3LGaG2

when Ryoma returns, taking the besieging army from the rear, for a crushing victory

CGmag6SRMc3PM7SQGmCJVi2SSggt65kzbV_l2p8L

don't worry girl I'll hook you up.

1y41hdx102qxiqEKQyFNDhD81IhZHLHRjnaeg9pu

Yeah, "friends" (she really shouldn't be stuck as a Corrin sexual, these two just work too well together)

JDdB4IgdzB4k2FuNWlZQYWs-FbEg3G67XmQkZzME

Yukimura knows what's up.

yf9Sgic48x5fb3f-2jKErkMO7JrtY73E85vlIXPSESYjfQ5jkPlbjqymHGQSM4-EumCXo4f3Q3UkWHSj

Like in Nohr, Ryuuji's diplomatic efforts are starting to bear fruit

zhL8NwOcxnq-axKL8NDVdlK0KvOZMFPWjZyqB9EN

and his honesty has won the Hoshidan's over

iX3z7f5fQsAdwjsA26-F8HfrqVWyTXQvpuvPV28M

He really has grown into a leader thro-

XzOPwCTreaWiEDQJ13-QNFkribQc6zXbfoOiHCei

...Sigh. They just had to take away Ryuuji's growth into a competent leader by claiming Ryoma recognized his ability when he was a toddler. I base this age estimate from Azura being kidnapped after Ryuuji in retaliation, and Elise being born after Azura's kidnapping as stated in their support, so the age difference between Ryuuji and Elise is an upper bound on how old Ryuuji was when Ryoma last saw him, and if she is technically an adult I don't see that as being more than 2-4 years

UlFL0nWjhwOonTq5YJ0h0kGaJ3o0FBdQTnK3K4pA

This is ripped straight from FE4 Shannan's character growth, and I am OK with that.

iKNOEpUWwBU1Hdf0fvyLUXTT_cL7c5QFfh-JdsOB

Yukimura, this isn't one of those feeling you can logic away. Of course he couldn't have saved Ryuuji as a child, but

LIbRcgjqkZqp6SE38vBzEka6XLbsGTxT_SnqK791

and Ryoma decides

ZkdylDHMGYA-1lQWbToUKc2re3T1P0vkfSm2kspQ

as well as

PPahwi_Xs73qbqYrw36K4dDs3dnuwlJzka323FBq

But Ryoma, Yukimura, and Scarlets aren't the only ones there, and Ryoma isn't

0j4kBc3CzsLHN-dvTqe4rOqWanoSu3gCCbd3n_TG

and she reviews how all the royals felt after chapter 6

Yf8aRehZWAg6ukfceReX-eKte5d39vc0yU57Q1Dt

sQAQweUxMx04N2nU9F3AGJ9tbaBHCxlgWTTvjzmd

There really should have been some kinda scene where Ryuuji interacted with Hinoka before she made this decision

cW65R5PrpZx6XX4xPL9moX4RmCXHPlwWnDriAa5j

whoa there Hinoka, don't go full Camilla on us now.

nnVuLzJFLBg8xfLZTckerBAwqWLyitcF5wbUDiCk

...This is a very strange veiled threat coming from Yukimura. No one wants Hinoka to mimic her Nohrian counterpart, but I think you are crossing a line there.

HlDHkRcKdmELBw2jSb3fmgb8mvArarKwULThbCeG

...I won't spoil Azura's master plan just yet Yukimura

Now back with Ryuuji in the fiery hellscape that is the map that you cannot save after

MZD1LcZlwZyXWBd5Nb5n85txvMMiBlXLf7Tdxzxz

Elise despairs prematurely

egz4DiMccgdJJDc4ZatYuBYDWBen3I7spVUEH7uY

exactly

emzT-PBdHSHA7q6ibVtK4eaWyMdIiUP35GEewlcC9RJBnKUFmixvqf1Hj23ZwIqefZgeL99BJgBGjKxJ

I kinda like how they maintain the character audience information gap here.

ouwGB52BXsV6maPzIsEG47K-4q58zObXT5B-o8Y-

and before we begin the last of the Hoshidan characters join our crew, and Azura is happy to see a plan coming together.

The map itself has an interesting gimmick, with the Dragon Veins that raise or lower the lava walls, but its a bit more random than I like. You can literally exit the map and reenter to change the initial firewall positions, and the way it changes over time follow a pattern I've never mapped out. I get another Bronze axe forge for Rhajat (called the Tharja). We also have to drop one unit for this map, and I decide to drop Felicia for this one. I have one reset while trying to get more Hinoka-Azama relationship points than I aught, and redo the map twice more due to the next map...

YYD-37wR1j4dcuBiCGq5KFG0daWCJOBxzWZ7qNA9

Elise is paired with Selena in that position to head due north to kill a fighter (with the WTA of a tome she dodges despite entering combat in melee, if she was hit, Azama could have healed her safely), and then gets danced to transfer Selena to Setsuna to then finish off the Sorcerer in the north that Hinoka and Azama chip for some relationship grinding, and then carefully being rearrange to make sure only Selena and Elise are the only ones that can be targeted on enemy phase.

amyg9O8bBy6cq9wdVBRLZfwDpa-Ww-gfs-9pb-BS

I take things a bit slow with the rest of the crew as Silas is ready to enemy phase the pair of dark mages with a javelin (while getting some axe rank with the Rhajat attack stance).

6zkn6Gn_Oxt7Kyq1u10zzzfMcVxogeHIXC3nQJOJ

Rhajat's attack stance misses both (with mid 70s accuracy this is a bit unlucky), but one Silas can finish, and other she can kill herself (with a Ryuuji pairup to avoid an adventurer attack stance) Beruka handaxe's the fighter that attack stanced across the wall, but in a continuance of my current luck there is an attack stance miss to keep it alive. Sakura range heals Silas's damage

NQJ4wTYjqG4uA4Fc9m0f8HBBZpBHgFew9evao25l

While Elise prepares to enemy phase a general with the bolt axe.

nJT1dGXpiMew2OCVRt4yB3JTrIszxGP2nQ__DmLm

Next turn Selena takes out the fighter to the south, and then the one that was following behind with a dance, Azama heals Elise a bit, Elise kills the other general, and gets a pairup to keep from being crushed by the attack stances (and add the guard gauge for survivability)

VTb31RJAfoG4j7ujWa9tRaGWnq_zowvZpWNHHe5n

Meanwhile in the south, the adventurer didn't try for the attack stance anyway, so Rhajat takes out the dark mage that attacked, and a Beruka-Caeldori pairup moves to block the melee attack at least

QDqpJ4EfWWk6xE-MCEpV2PZ030Mwrs_18ifrBlR-

With northern adventurers threatening to push in and eviscerate Elise (plus the lava change removing their potential choke point), we pull back towards a convergence with the south. One of the adventurers went to heal the injured fighter and ends up getting pinned by the lava, while Rhajat gets an adventurer kill with some ranged Beruka chip(the inability to stay on the canyon space made that inevitable). After healing Rhajat (Beruka can take the adventurer's hit with 5 hp to spare) I am just short of finishing both fighter, but we should be able to hold (even with an off screen dark mage able to now approach from the southeast)

GIrJTILpixcgSJEc-d5mB7AgnAK2ltXPW2YUKRsn

Next turn Rhajat finishes the injured fighter for

YK3j3ymtTi4LEaMKEQcZTJzh7OSn8uoMy48SMAXQ

...In some ways an ill omened first Oni level, but I like the strength while she is stuck in E rank

With Beruka able to slip around the wall to chip the adventurer from range, I risk the kill with a Silas-Oboro attack stance (if either hit this will be fine, and while Silas has mid 70 hit on it, Oboro has high 90s with her Obowro, so <1% chance of failure on single RN), while Selena gets danced to block the armor off after a ranged chip, as the army begin to merge.

71HPpR2iF0_gqua_yAO-97XFQ0hMbIVzT7gaH0HP

The armor flees for healing and then the lava throws a wrench in my plan

WenEd99um5iLbTup6rmbRooqExY0BR7wHeihOBPN

I guess the armies aren't merging anymore, those trapped do what chip they can without risking serious punishment (note Beruka transferred to get the free attack stance with the handaxe before Selena transferred back to remove the risk of berserker attack stance crits) while the northern army prepares to ambush whatever comes around the lava wall, and the remains of the southern army push forward and heal

FNl5L1x_-m9AtegbK1b3RxnjE1aAd0slwyrPDG0V

The adventurer stayed to heal the Berserker which lets Elise kill the other safely from range with a dance to grind both magic rank and hit a block to make the next enemy phase safe and for this level

fYPio3kEqZdq3n4MVNhVonAVKhO9WsNjVUU3kmuf

Meanwhile the southern army lets Rhajat draw in the first enemy they manage to find

2xyaFef8rTHf_PA7t1O2YBKv8Hxi9bFdAJnOnfwM

With the lava changing and freeing the center its time for a Dragon Vein to turn the tides with the northern army

lw2b6ihGtfi5owKEqULldGHxscDKIShPxWfFs2zP

This lets Selena finish the berserker, and Azura dance Beruka after her ranged finishing of the adventurer, to swap to Caeldori to one round the other Berserker farther north. This nets Selena a level, and Beruka one on the block xp.

rmuXV2l42Bb-PyMJlxpPKnLhIoRTR8atZl4QPUx47SG9ftaoAAmREtp7veEtcaA-mms3wzTyWlVJJEvG

Meanwhile the changing of the lava has dire consequences for the southern army, Rhajat finishes the armor, but with the new terrain Silas has to block the potential path of a Berserker (this ends up being a false alarm as the armor blocks the spot instead), and I am careful to clog up the space the general to the north would need with some of the trailing troops. The northern army starts heading north again, but there is nothing blocking their path.

D2j4LPT92RvNnZUtil2EOVvcNG1gD8oYTNAwTyZM

Next turn there is another lava change, and with how open it is I pull the southern army back a little to draw in promoted enemies more gently.

e9GBZ5eauxjqkL9hLT-4L4LIgdyiZ9_Y_GPoemus

Meanwhile all is quiet on the northern front

KsYhhBTnv_jdJXb1HNNMzaHX0QRPgKkrcyfSE4Qr

Things get a little complicated, as the injured armor convinces one of the adventurers to move south to heal, and is now threatening anyone in the south that would deal with the general, and berserker that moved to join a pointless attack stance, which leads to another interesting dragon vein use

Ljp6bBz_qyWlRvZJ2KATt-nhpyH0sXOnlOMuqzft

With Oboro ranged chipping, debuffing, and attack stancing the berserker for the Rhajat kill, and Silas slowly whittling down the general (unfortunately Beruka has the hammer right now), I decide to use Beruka to pull the adventurer north

b0q8rRbx_D4uy0oCUaTHXdYlmLUIlVqWN_KRI2gB

With a lot of chipping, debuffing and a solid attack stance I manage to give Rhajat her level cap with the general kill for

B_1GB1F2bUUThtKwsb3SgWpintuWa0NKaRxHzrdC

I mean the strength is nice, but you need better levels in general Rhajat. Here is hoping the Oni Chieftain class gives her better levelups than the Oni Savage has.

In the north I finish the adventurer, but reinforcements have arrived, so I take it a little careful, while Silas baits in the first of the generals that started approaching from the south (they started further east, and when they started moving the fire walls forced them to approach from around the walls to the south)

IVmd9-D9d-13bVbgm8RrpD83tmtdxgoznxOgQIcM

Silas levels from the enemy phase chip

zf0skUCFqdGLoTX2FsjNDRcRSHSqo5KVpsv4sfO-

Then once again the flames turn against me, but a dragon vein lets me mitigate the hassle.

R9ODHjqTGnqIoHMoVuK0-OxseUdKxfUss44VN_pH

The rest of the northern army each kill a reinforcement to wipe them, and Azama nabs a healing level

xObIIWMsW5Hnyh-OMVWGSdBYTq2gNVxECsf3D3VX

and then Rhajat promotes in dancing range

KcHpzgmBY-F97WyoNE59M1K3B878iT-cZ7CYBXI9

To use her returning magic to remove the general

M4azDt8gvBZ7XANQZDVLJF4axxdoPj3A2YC3stVW

Next turn Sakura picks up a healing level, and Rhajat manages to level killing the general on the other side of the fire, while Elise draw in the sorcerer

UX1gRHMNtZTh5ECNJ2ZR4PhkYnnIUYRbZvKZUrovcY25irPTLGssrwX7NXHiOSfKDONIjtWt5Hes5pS0

hrRa1ghrpzsDlcdvYCt-_mcr5adw9OfSft1FmGeY

Elise pick up a full block she then uses to draw in the berserker while Oboro finished the sorcerer for a level

G2Pm1BNPqOMwvAS07dXP8LCTE_ukBpa_ofhGnSCn

f4GiFf1r4au7gvbxDCOrKZZyzOtYspDao5wf1iRS
The berserker is no problem now, and with no promoted enemies left I rush Hans, give Rhajat a little more axe rank before giving the kill to Ryuuji for the level

-LqC1Et23hBQayq1XEx5qEuWwRFogzX1zyBUzBzk

I have 17 done as well at this point, hopefully I get it up before the weekend but we will see. Turns out the secret was to get some sleep after finishing 16 and beat 17 the next day.

The weed man is here

19 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

The weed man is here

I kinda feel bad about not using him on 17 now, but next up I plan and doing Mitama's chapter where he should be able to shine.

Part 16 Nothing Ends, Ryuuji. Nothing Ever Ends.

Twr2rTrVDU411E6221lF_rsvjDjryGOYNAvTToyg

I guess they have a story reason for keeping you from saving, or visiting your astral castle, or updating your supports. I have 2 resets on this chapter, in the first I tried to use Felicia's Tome breaker to deal with the strategist/dark knights, but with a javelin on the reinforcement general, and a high resistance on the strategist I just couldn't kill both the mounted mages that approached without putting someone into general and armor ranges, which left me in a pickle I was too tired to escape. Second time I did not have enough units to protect the underleveled recruits from the oncoming mounted troops.

Iago is our foe, and has a remarkably callous, and pragmatic response to Hans's fall

NEe71Zr1uS8OZV2NVe9bby2BWhEhqKH7LvdrFnMN

I guess one could interpret the loss of my full preps as a form of softening up (I haven't started using the cookhouse yet, but if I were those stats are inaccessible for this map, plus I cannot gain the benefits of supports I have rightfully gained)

wgaQEkxanorhG45Lsgk7f9eo2nhSvdTYAf7hFGjS

I'm with you Ryuuji, I would like to at least pull back far enough to save, but there is no backing down now, and we are on a time limit.

As for preps I swap Sakura for Felicia, and Azama is staying on the bench for now, as I need all the fire power I can muster. My last fail taught me a valuable lesson, I'm going to need to focus east to keep the scrubs alive

UXqZ2KzE91rs8DrPgrvlqPiP5GeacQTRqHslv0Db

Silas should beast killer the first cavalier, but the real enemies haven't even arrived yet.

8vTTHEE_pTfHCU_HbaIwHWNUb0WlbqkSucVlolzBIqioEfrPajOdachuHLwOnA5UpQf_SXFtNyPw5b_t

At least the Royals can hold their own if they have to, but with the army here they won't. Leo's comment did convince me to see if he had a boss convo with Iago. He doesn't.

t70MtZ5HLeWohBy_NmUiA6jmK0QWKvZpiX_vAXY4

...Iago seems to not recognize himself as a sycophant, and by far the most pliant of pawns.

JLxqQ0AwxGA0kOD7JGH2dEfIKspdBYdKzjn8BFPI

It's probably a good thing he never got this idea into his head in Conquest, elsewise that "Corrin" would have been in serious trouble

9BburhmuhIUkCWOH3RUQZPcn7eF8WzwQraGDgiSt

I avoid having to deal with promoted enemies from both offenses, by staying back for one more turn (and another cavalier gets beast killered)

but next turn the underleveled recruits arrive. First order of business is to take down the strategist, and Caeldori levels doing so

RiLbrtH9-pJisOb6IQ2usI4sXPsYeU-4im6wPcyc

and now we need to clear out as many of these horses as we can without stretching our line too thin. Its clear as I start this that I am going to need to endure at least two promoted hits, and with the forest limiting the movement of most of my crew, guard stance seems the way to go (plus it lets me safely hide some of the recruits in a pairup). I only manage to take out a paladin and 2 more cavaliers while setting up

m3Oi3sShhLytwXrbhjyrp0KVorCfxaVTiKefDAZd

And enemy phase Elise lives with a block from the last mook that could reach her (and dies to her) and a Paladin decides to die on the beast killer leading to

h7V6Cyi3UTRqjagLho1WhR155zTajuEpeC6RhOV6

We are out of the woods both figuratively and literally, as we sweep away all those dangerous horses, and Elise levels killing the Great Knight that was furthest back with the bolt axe (and pulling in the dark knights)

w-oZrviBCRhPR4qMDLCwvRIn0pRkEcsS4Yj9GpY4iKJB38gjpOhM0zYd1UqWvCfqueHP5e8DgP2yITbe

Beruka gets one of the Dark knight kills for a level (the other dies to Rhajat), and Azura levels to dance people forward

hWUW5LrbluhfNYVh8fU8GwRK1J6bUVdijVdRQKWefRgguOagnUSBZOy2aJEnwM34kCnPO_2KJuT99b9S

and after Felicia heals her Elise is baiting in the last paladin on the map

ZjLevuaoxPLDa42UH2W5n2pwMPPc_0gEaDwiuDRn

Selena finishes the paladin, and Silas kills the great knight that followed to join a pointless attack stance, for the level

tJ2VH6LkTEUBj_mDqMFI-3x2zmUKbi6fhpXeAYNJmcS8K-6cXc3T1VvxFO2yGp22kubcz0QR9cnkbli5

Now we reposition to deal with the armors and generals that have been moving since they arrived, Selena sets up the hammer kill on enemy phase for a level

Ei8QdwiQp391MpmXSnPZtwbUj0wfOipt_5dBSGy6ou3smR2yj3EKArfgRVnvGQ3oKFT5mLoT17-bz647

and then a cavalier, general, and armor poor out from the eastern forts right next to my troops. Rhajat chips one to finally reach D rank Axe, so after a dance and a trade she levels off of a hammer kill on the general

-fN7AFO_0bHQtndkhv-kLBW99x1q3hfTs3rP1eym

and Elise manages to miss an attack on the southern most one to let it die enemy phase, while the cavalier gets overwhelmed.

13INKNG3Tde4wg7__mroA-YpY4oqdnR5e6eHEBtS

After healing Elise she flies south to start taking out the eastern ballista, while Silas beast killers the fire orb, and a combination of Oboro and Ryuuji deal with the freezing faceless.

VTt4UXvqRygfBOgtDX4YEqPceuQ4T1_ZNvHm3Hul

Now Rhajat starts drawing in the armors with her borrowed hammer, while Elise continues to chip safe in the knowledge that the ballista can't kill, and she has a block ready if it tries the sword (I forget what killed the healer honestly)

0gpprK3Eu8Bu3-wkRZiEwmhk3fLleSwIp-Y4eY4r

Then some magic horses spawn in the west, so Oboro draws them, while Elise returns triumphant for a heal and to release Leo

tECZ7lNBsz92HZMq_XQRc5ZQFsy5dBBj8KY8Ps90

The magic ponies are easily removed once within reach, so Rhajat continues what she was doing before their rude interruption, and draws in an armor and a range hit from the general

8RQipRrKpZhd7EhjYgn--zoDcreoQHrH9B79GkRH

Rhajat gets another general kill and prepares for another after a dance, while the rest of the army cleans out the armors

DO6ztAXtL_jkyrPL5MKlIrQj05A187UP5MQw0Xxf

Now after dancing and transferring Silas's partner away I have Elise kill the general to the east of the boss for a level

n0_gwysw_8wYwhd-Bdrz7Og4clmOmMidCJ6GZwEJ

and then shelter her to safety with Silas, while Rhajat and an Oboro with a Ryuuji attack stance deal with the armors that followed after the general

kY2UcAIp_MVFRxLmnd9OYGuJ08UFMMCIKukXpwxi

The last general is still in Elise's kill zone, and then Rhajat finishes the last ballista after a Ryuuji chip for the level up

ycj6HtT0j_s072yYSf1CqzFkexeTkPiF44m2tqbKgI0VCfTELOa_VZ2QI-CrBdcOd1NLN5YKAqKj2zp0

On the last turn I let Oboro chip and debuff Iago, and I check if Leo has a convo, before letting Beruka claim the kill for a level

SBKkrOa8RYlFpsmIfcic5IV4VJKwP4FhOChpufi3

and seize

oiyo2PdaUiVhzkBvVY3rfvuKk3ZoahU85Ln77W0D

ciSePDmd8DGJ_KVpQnGqO711zkMjfBYvY5sfGaefdEhUMrqDe-Cpuah5sDBTlRYLudRKPHRNeY0oN2J4

Leo is really throwing the shade, but to be fair he is kinda right, Sakura is the only one I am using, and she won't be combat worthy till she hits C rank shuriken.

kPkq2KEi88SIBCSutbHqEGENkUibFi-n35kN5hF9

Oh did the Nohrian royals actually deal with their insane fa-

WjFZyu28wh0jV7Uex1QtiQwfo_G77Wwc2eGO6U-R

Nope, they are just telling Ryuuji about his insanity

IrSNy0zA9IUgzhpulAxnaj_XRRFSCYhO1fw-5zID

Yeah having your retainers earlier would have let me grab two of my party members, and have two less fragile eggs to deal with this chapter.

QTywGza1Cx7hbM11wY7rEzbnFZAOSwASLyQwP_n5jVZtQWmEnGERAB4yBFm2FRoVWjw6eji-LgtIpEzD

Ryuuji's diplomatic prowess has helped forge a truce (that no one outside of Ryuuji's group will know about until they inform the Nohrian and Hoshidan troops proper)

qpbT1BzTDYANxvWaW42V1UQawBGQI0B1RqWH7l2coNPYc4TtAdqALs9-SAXmsKOpas7qJo2pbh-vw-Cr

Sorry to delay the big reveal of your master plan, but I want to grab Mitama before starting the next map.

With this two parter completed, I now have the parents for the rest of my units. I think I will grab 1 child between chapters for the next few until I have them all, and with Azama needing to class change, next up will be Mitama's map (plus grabbing Mozu).

On 5/3/2019 at 8:27 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

*cries in no Scarlet-Ryoma support

Also, I apologise for making things harder by locking 2 units behind these chapters.

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

Also, I apologise for making things harder by locking 2 units behind these chapters.

Don't worry about it, they locked 17 units (18 if you count Scarlet, and literally over 1/4 of the cast) behind these chapters, and you added what are probably my favorite of the child characters from each Fate route to the PMU.

6 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Do you think this calls for a review of the units we have so far and who we need left? We are at the halfway point (well, past it, but Valla feels longer than it actually is).

That's not a bad idea. Here are our crew after the relationship grind session to get Azama-Hinoka to S (and the Mozu map which I treated as part of the grind session for this purpose). I will also include accessory shots (although Azama hasn't reached his final form yet, so no accessory shot yet), but those that haven't changed will be familiar to those following along.

I think I will go through this in recruitment order, so first the three freebees that no one ever asked to have their classes changed, and are thus in their base class lines

Ryuuji with HP boon and Skill

zMDxqEsShRbBTF0C25nL_5mlkeQdMy3QEZpCSR4_qkCf0OxXPIWiD7c2e5oJQZv1ctNqwRwF18H4_PbN

I went with Nohrian path due to my preference for Dragon Hex, and the flexibility of being able to use tomes for ranged chip that doesn't cripple speed (and if you can hit D rank the stat buffs of Horse Spirit can give similar tankiness to the Dragon Stone, but with actual speed). Equipping the Dragon Stone brings his bulk to 20/19, making for solid dragon tanking when needed. Note the Fire tome is equipped to keep the stat changes from equipping his other weapons from distorting his apparent stats too much.

Felicia

mw8QZ5fDwjU4vEuC0bbH5S1b9hWEWFFHhdkFhb9paWoFyqHh7py7HZyohkYwLxqcq5sny17BAtGagp5J

She does solid magic damage, debuffs, and heals. Tome Breaker lets her tank mages for days, but her magic damage has a hard time finishing them in a timely manner without some support. I should probably switch her weapon to the Flame Shuriken for a little more raw power, but it isn't vital to get that till Sakura hits C rank, and they both can strike with Magic

Azura

IxSBFcLU7vXvG16-TqDD64Ydrumso1JBwnelY0vqgrG6P9P6BmmqdMuS_ysMKkfnDiB3IW-RrPPbr-p5

She has a temperary +4 magic and +4 luck due to random castle event, but her stats don't matter, only her ability to dance and increase stats

Sakura

h6T6ONmEGzbFi4uiM8hMozbbagxJCwULRqvAMOY-a9xqL_EqMugHFq8J4xZLLY2axzKYHB_xsFxF-xCc

She is in desperate need of hitting C rank shuriken. Currently she is stuck in a support role, due to her nice aura, healing, and relatively weak combat that is only good at debuffing, but once she gets access to magic damage she will be a combat monster.

Caeldori

mqQZ2iMMAQAE5ZjCMWbtXIw49dAZJ6UjBKhvRZZfXex5lb1BZrRz-Wb7DtftT3w1Zsrdclu2gPidDEsW

She is a monster on player phase, but has to rely on dodge tanking to compensate for her defensive stats, which limits her uses enemy phase to when you can maintain control of the weapon triangle, or just hoping the Sunrise Katana holds out. Vantage can help her out of some pickles, but it takes careful planning to make safe. I tends to use her as a reserve unit (or trump card if you will), that swoops in when something desperately needs dealt with, or to fix a stroke of rotten luck.

Oboro

vYfZf9pMbkvw6Sckkl33XyTEWD5q6GrsDCFvHq3dZnd4GGFsiCiDz04QXWqGhMDSq52IxsTVqOgVwrC1

Another solid player phase unit, with defense seal and hard hitting range attack ( adding in the +4 damage per hit player phase,  and +3 damage on the often tankier Nohrian units makes her hit a lot harder than she looks) she is great at crippling a lot of enemies, and her flying mobility is not to be undervalued. Defensively she has passable mixed bulk, and her ability to pass on defense seal on enemy phase gives her some enemy phase value even when they hit her at a different range band.

Selena

6ZN_RG285YfKgq420gVWBZz_JBSBN1DrlrN7k-SjLkS-Io_KIqqK31J1U2gEHKBqj2QGvUDEQWNoo6yJ

She is in need of C rank axes to really shine, that extra hit (and WTA swing) will aid accuracy and let her access killer/beruka axes, which lets her comfortably hit >50% crit rates as well as the dual club for more control over the weapon triangle. Fates Berserkers are at their best during player phase, they get the HP to survive a crit on a counter if they have too (and their lowered dodge makes that necessary), and when positioned near the front, they can aid in enough attack stances to make that crit rate really matter. On enemy phase they tend to have an issue of killing their way into an early grave, even when they use a bronze axe and pairup/support to remove their dodge issue.

Beruka

OUd9_AfK1Ynb260Z2b5-5pL0sqMJkwX4qSxgOeKlaLyptJa5UL2BNvsF6Ti8pXLig_obo_eHVDZaK2sc

She is a good physical tank. Her speed is at the point that she generally is only getting doubled by the fastest units, and switching to the Raider Katana is enough to avoid being doubled even by them. Shelter and lunge are both great tactical options to have available, but Silas's access to them with flight makes him a bit better at using them.

Elise

VxLLfPZN7y3PWQoxGWhq53SC8Mc1JpqlR0AHs5bTJ2rqzLnpHFLArhT-fAOdIjxoD8j3oG3zuojw1Y0U

She hits very hard with her bolt axe, but with the way her speed is going I am going to want to push her tome rank up, at D she can add 3 with the horse spirit, and at C she can start devastating with lightning. Lily poise is an excellent ability, and having it on an Elise that doesn't evaporate when a physical unit sneezes is a nice change of pace.

Silas

Wdzq4k9YEEIw3aq6EcPNNS7LZkVEz5Pww4jZn2RYztqP4Z0UzjGWj6bOVDrZOIMj3hwaOoT7_5upIky-

Stat-wise he  is a lot like Beruka, except even slower but with better bulk in return. That being said his flying mobility lets him make better use of his skills, and that much higher health and slightly higher resistance (plus weapon triangle against tomes with his 1-2 range option) lets him manage mages far better.

Rhajat

KoPH3Hc9qDwgebOQhORzyl3uRQtxmOvGKoDP-7QMq-VxX5ovR-TS1JEsuGZzmPe3GsvL8BRi8h4pnuxk

Her higher magic, immediate access to good tomes, as well as resistance seal (and its synergy with her personal skill) have made her a bit more magic focused offensively so far, but effective damage is not to be ignored, and once her axe rank increases the higher might of them might tip the scales the other way. Defensively she is my best mixed defender, and the horse spirit only pushes that higher.

Azama

XT9tgYE2CiFnWtczBGVNe1NaMjzALsFQjSa1nLTy70SoeEUKAyLWWN74qUqqc3kdaHg-yOS_gAgKhjdP

The plan is for him to promote to Falcon knight and become a flying healer, but he is looking like he can grow into a competent combat unit as well

Those that have Yet to arrive are

Hinoka!Mitama as a Kinshi

The next update will add her to the roster

Nyx!Ophelia as a Witch

I plan on getting her between 18 & 19

Camilla!Nina as a Maligknight

I plan on getting her between 19&20 to add locktouch just before the first Valla chests

Mozu!Soleil as a Hero

I plan on getting her between 20 & 21

11 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Rhajat

KoPH3Hc9qDwgebOQhORzyl3uRQtxmOvGKoDP-7QMq-VxX5ovR-TS1JEsuGZzmPe3GsvL8BRi8h4pnuxk

Her higher magic, immediate access to good tomes, as well as resistance seal (and its synergy with her personal skill) have made her a bit more magic focused offensively so far, but effective damage is not to be ignored, and once her axe rank increases the higher might of them might tip the scales the other way. Defensively she is my best mixed defender, and the horse spirit only pushes that higher.

*looks at her skill* I would post my reaction, but Wario said it best:

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

*looks at her skill* I would post my reaction, but Wario said it best:

It makes her a unit you don't want to send off alone, as people being near her is her best way of getting the hits she needs. Ryuuji and the +10 hit of supportive are a real life saver, and Ophelia and her heartseeker skill (which is part of what gave her recruitment priority over Nina and Soleil, Mitama only got priority due to the need to class change Azama) will give me another way of mitigating low hit. Worst comes to worst I may have to grab lightning, just so a miss or two matters less when she attacks.

9 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

The Weed Man is becoming stronger. This pleases me

I think this next chapter will please you then.

Part 17 The Sleeping Kinshi / And Flying Father of Weed / Fly With Us At Last  Paralogue 12 (and kinda Paralogue 1)

Lets start with some faffing about, first as you may be aware I have accessorized those that hit their final classes, and I had a few comments to say about them, but I have already shown them, so those that don't care can skip the spoiler box.

Spoiler

We had a Selena prepromted version, but can she still rock the shades as a Berserker

v9IszCSlJVZNOa02qJIb5LEJf_ka1pSvk9gYZfyK

You know it

5p0MismQ47H9UIkbh5shtMkurZNHSxv4VCE2rwWf

That eye patch, it just fits with her cold and callous demeanor, and the implied injury adds a story to her new heavy armor.

G7p5pU_ElYCZJXlMtE_3qRNcVetwEAB3C3BABJNX

Elise was a tricky one, but I think having Xander's crown works with her. It adds this slight hint of regality to her adorable self, and with the hair covering it in part, it almost looks like a heart

0HmCPQxIlhFIV-OD3q5gcOkfz1pggjtjPoeaMkwT

Silas is the only one who could wear the weed man's head gear with dignity.

ZCAmAJzOY2-6XQi-tiTWVdPp4CQP6Q6-icYw18wS

The cow horns feel like they perfect the look. The whole Oni look is about intimidation, and this adds just a little without just looking silly

iHU3QbdmLbNfIZg0sB3Onti0TxfRz5SD0mCMQ9_M

I did promise Scarlet the glasses, but they are hard to notice.

I also did Paralogue 1 to grab the last mother, but with how low level it was I treated it like a part of the relationship grinding I was doing. I did grab some images, but its not with the main crew so again some extra side content in the spoiler tag fits I guess

Spoiler

SG2rFr2Z23MHi-qe1IDO25APEopxokKRR3J_s9dX

Its not that bad Ryuuji, especially when it is this underleveled

qDJ2TU3IFOEwJnmOGQ-8GwblGKQ2uQh_X0Kn0N0d

The relationship groups are Odin and Nyx (already paired), Niles and Camilla (already paired), Hinoka and Azama (unpaired), Laslow (with his wife soon to recruit), and Ryuuji is forced.

fsXa7dTDnWcfW5p1izZTRaswhVDyqkfqc0s1BWcK
Hinoka and Azam will take the north while the rest head south to grab Mozu. Camilla claims the first kill

wrH7IgK1WUq4so03hmg97g066S_Q_dR0DuAy6x6d

And the enemy obviously chose to attack Odin over Camilla, so they switch sides for the kill and Camilla wipes out another next to the river, while Azama pairs up to avoid getting hit, while Hinoka finishes

Aryc4nPqD-92eKJUXFztaZIYXmWzeSMqf2hqpMQ_

Camilla approaches Mozu to protect her, while Nyx draws in a faceless and Hinoka finishes one to the north, and Ryuuji slips by to rush Mozu

MrmgjlJR4PcTee1rUG99AaWJ5vu9_4gK4qE0ZelJ

With some pairup and separate maneuvers Ryuuji gets adjacent to Mozu, and Laslow gets ready to permanently pariup with her, while Camilla ensures nothing can touch her. Nyx took a hit so she switches to Odin for the kill, and Hinoka pulls back to let Azama separate and heal next turn

OCyg1WzPyAD_xE50swbO6Qhq3UrE2Ix7fev6irvr

I guess this is the first NPC or enemy he has run into, so valid question Ryuuji

4CzyWqVVsgHcskrrKMTMLAt8Q9e5Ci9tXz1skPOe

That is really Camilla and Laslow's job really. It does feel kinda scuzzy (but also in character) for Laslow to take advantage of Mozu's grief to get into her pants.

4yGS6370SLxF_9sSMno9K4O7AklUdzd40jJp0M7_

Odin can just barely take a hit from that last faceless in the corner so he draws it in. Hinoka finished her enemy while Azama heals to maximize support points. Finally Camilla and Laslow (with his future wife in tow) draw in the enemies that were previously pretending to threaten Mozu

hBWHVQ6gm32kmqAnAuP9X5hVpCVo04lfKyTOyFnkmGJ4y7iFYKicd1TtQPPaw_15vEoOyzWB-Fs_MaBv

Odin finished the faceless after it missed him. Camilla and Laslow are doing the same sorta thing just slightly closer (and after finishing one that approached for the attack stance), and Azama paired with Hinoka to get dropped off closer.

gx1P-0rspRMEzduwJrgK_wU7WGACdSLXMdbEJr1p

This turn is basically people staying close, as Laslow and Camilla finish the last that approach, Azama and Hinoka stayed in place finishing and healing (although forgot an image for that), and Odin is trying to regroup.

fJ3bRVK9BWkiZS5tyW7rhlnX7SgEd_kgweZbFkFG

We are beginning to converge on the boss (although Odin/Nyx will never make it in time)

c61NHBBMvVtN6CvOaNbQz1k0x37n4zceu6RNY5ZD

As Laslow finishes one of the last faceless in the area Camilla pulls ahead and separates to let Niles get in some attacks, as Azama and Hinoka have another finish and heal round

JDxeNwsrxi9fQt_qvMkI9kTq-4Ub3lbaIYWVxPqr

Camilla had an unlucky miss to let it live long enough for an enemy phase.

x4jRsa7TdxYTnItRIxnePHL_ScXflxEAirWJvzAL

I was going to call into question how old she was that she acts like losing her mother is tantamount to losing her life, but

g-FDfcS3V81GgZf6UOhGpRp2PImcA5GoZA6z1LbW

that kinda put it into better context. Don't worry Mozu, things won't be the same

gzDqO7NLIG405OL6127jb72YQ2zksuPe6GiGjM_2

6pt9oipfkOgwF3W9GcZK7VVsg9hNpiZbk7vG-SJs

...Azama, I know this is stressful but you should be saving her instead of smo-

r4zHhuOpnQKtLLQFwOkhuq5lal0VN4er15Rdevy7

Thank you Saizo. Mitama was probably better off in the deep realm with how derelict Azama is acting here.

7XVSCbTiS6nP0puT5AnJh3-mr9RbGa2U8vkpTqQS

We can bring everyone with just enough room to add in a Odin-Nyx pair as well via rule 6. The only reset I had here was entirely due to preps, I got to Mitama and realized I didn't have any seals for her, and was so irritated that I reset on the spot and gave her seals to Azama.

Di2f4PyOoJayfZEtjW22QGHLbhiAUZuGfmDH-HZPsEmkZAoFsJnuh55qA-a_-mMpM9xvrL4D66ejR01P

Azama picks up both these levels first turn by finishing off the two nearest Berserkers with a dance. Oboro chipped the first by doubling with the raider bow, and Sakura chipped and debuffed the second (gotta work on that shuriken rank somehow) and with an Elise attack stance. I ignore the mages due to how unthreatening unpromoted enemies are (and they make me pay for that a bit) and push my troops towards Mitama's abode with pairup separate strats.

WDaHbe5QcVai3UNGuEUdNp9waIEPOWUBXPejtOXx

Silas levels enemy phasing the ninja to the north with a javelin, Selena manages to kill one of the mages enemy phase with a handaxe, but misses with the other and takes enough damage that I have to use Azura's dance to get more healing onto Selena. Azama kills the remaining one player phase, while Oboro (with Beruka attack stance) chips the level 10 Berserker from range, and Caeldori with an Elise attack stance (she simply ferried Ryuuji forward and lures a Berserker into using a handaxe) gets the javelin kill for a level

2FYQsYgY6rPZcyJOJKD9tURs3KQv-o4stRbQlFB9X-9by_DeM6myjADExo7-9sLPsp8ZQSbguKscsPVe

Rhajat gets Felicia across the river (side note it is very irritating that maid/butlers are the only promoted infantry that can't cross rivers), and Selena tries to get the kill on the sniper by catching a ride with Silas, as she is the only one with the crit or speed to possibly kill it, but she whiffs both hits. With it, like a majority of the map, immobile that was an entirely safe move to make. Odin/Nyx get a kill on the oni savage that was approaching from the west

mZL7McPtl5MurBzLKnlnQbDN4hLPG6E_mFRmZjGA

This turn Selena crosses the river to try again from the east and kills the sniper with an iron axe crit. With that done Elise transfers and separates Silas to the edge of the paladin's range, and Ryuuji plans to draw one mage, and Oboro the other. To get Azura across the river she hitches a ride with Azama, dances Oboro to let her double with her better bow (and levels), and Caeldori transfers and separates Azama out to maximize mobility for next turn. Odin/Nyx tries to bait the recently spawned outlaw, but it doesn't take the bait.

-cTDkTDoofERBY0wzCkffFeBQNrfLwpT-w-FHuLIZKhr0n9BF0vQnCyl_QPLwH3GXL3CFr8-NhPSGaDR

Oboro picks up a level on the enemy phase kill

hn6ZyIUXQIcOveQTddx_BfWMaYRj9PX7xRUrn0y1

Ryuuji merely chipped his, so Azama kills it player phase, gets danced to that after Oboro chips the berserker blocking the bridge between Mitama and paladin island, Azama can get the kill (with an Elise lily poise+attack stance for peace of mind) for a level.

bqlHbw5EaokgGy9HiCrG12F5vOzudFwtVJ5ted87

Silas then takes the +1 movement from a Beruka pairup to hit the paladin with the beast killer, but even after transferring and trading to Oboro's best weapon for the attack stance they are 1 damage short of killing. Thankfully Silas is blocking it from moving. Selena draws in  the mobile enemies that would threatening any that approaches Mitama's mansion. The outlaw ends up out maneuvering Odin/Nyx, as the only way to hit it is to enter the berserker's range or let it retaliate and leave them able to die if it tries to hit one of them on enemy phase, so they retire from the battle.

zRazW-3VDBZVIoaWt74QCyS7Gk9j62w7pIUAwr8d

Silas finishes the paladin on enemy phase, and Selena enemy phases the oni savage. On player phase Selena chips the archer from range for Ryuuji to finish it from range for a level.

2doFcFp4EfIkvqGyBbDygWqn4INt8AGSOVMWw964

I killed this archer from range because it occupied Mitama's front door, and to recruit Mitama this turn I needed the spaces adjacent to the entrance empty, so that Azama knocks once

Gc7tnY70TGfVNfpP1VJbz3xM7IYxuyb0FvJNpOWX

and after a dance (Azura did have to pair with Rhajat to reach) Azama knocks unto exhaustion,

RGVFfnCKpZfFjoZ7Aq3bRF0zEowc2YdmxZf6jWbo

And after Silas shelters Azama, and Elise transfers and switches to him, he burst in on the third time to

vbJMGUlsRC9saBPhYQvS4mYJMU5hQwWHVeWItl9xHU8b1bHiJn4dFYIJdRufvEAx2b3-8J0ESMNOXn5i

best child of Birthright / must first grab seals from weed man/ and swap to Elise

n3i6WIGIOD5g2DRrxWIsklXrKOM4rm9uSFadsc6A

The ninja goes for Ryuuji and his range option is just short of killing it. Its time to pull back and start sealing Mitama, as all the mobile enemies are on the march, and Mitama starts at level 20. Selena kills the outlaw that escaped Odin/Nyx, while they draw in the one approaching from the south, and the army in general is using pairup to get out of enemy ranges

GUedew36JFpl6_ePI1W1qaJ-PFYTaaA7YM0Oi6mP

On the turn after Mitama becomes

FVf5bFSxk5aCuq23YNmI9P-BIQF_s2D_rAkZ1oux

Now most of the army heads left to draw in the paladin with Selena and a beast killer attack stance, while Azama ambushes an archer for his level cap

ib_iWHyihFoxKUt2pPHzpRuVW-XCw7FDChfzzujb

and gets an Elise pairup to protect him from arrow attack stances, while Oboro trades a bow to Mitama while chipping an oni. Odin/Nyx also finish their archer on player phase.

_Dnyb0c0Z4PWYu3r8kpDoqVcjVWE5FovngdQdG01

Selena levels by finishing the paladin on player phase

dQFYb-HZBZAQ6pAxXjLid91JqQU2M9T8ByIIsgpt

and Rhajat levels finishing the ninja

6ywxZGxVoIwLNuVftWkOCGU8zNZe0LcO2gsOsA3e

And with the paladin gone we take the oni, mage, and archer that entered that island out, while Silas ferried Beruka to a choke point to keep more archers out. With that secured Azama promotes.

OyleCCEQSfCVKzdwkVpqmy9FV6xiwJRifzIUKaVb

while Mitama finishes the oni that attacked Oboro, and Oboro ferried Sakura to the rest of the army.

os3_UgfEBNJTyNjdle-SA3vJ76wDJWc45Urdy9Tp

Next turn I almost make a fatal error when Felicia heals instead of pairing within range of a bererker attack stance (I am so used to just moving units on top of eachother to pairup), but I manage to transfer Silas away from Beruka to let her shelter Felicia. With a gaggle of unpromoted enemies on Mitama's former island, I wipe them out easily; the only dangerous part of them (their effective damage bow) is trivial to avoid enemy phase.

sjxhGMJGKNkXAJdKyxxghsSBvp35EQ7pAVF7l93H

Beruka enemy phases the last archer, so I let Mitama get some xp enemy phase while I wait for the last mobile enemies to disentangle themselves from the berserkers.

4q-VqsVc85-kY6jY5p5JeScewdWSaiMUkFdKDRPt

The last mobile enemies die easily, and with them dead, and every enemy holding a melee weapon by default, all that is left is feeding trivial to setup kills to my two newbies, and we can start this turn, as Elise levels on the chip and Mitama levels on the kill

G_GRlpMHeh-2C2yuCOHg6HzfJ5PmqvUYoPJ5Jiv5_v1fPG2AAm1iZ2F0Hd9_F36r786gsEh2dHbhCuv5

Iw-eB72r4g9sxCC8lJUQVTa6enQDEo2ampIHi9S3

This chapter is over so here is the level Azama gets before I wipe the boss

hm_GnJXQhRp9oFkz0fRCaCiLdh_wwS2vZwGFrbHo

Oboro chips and debuffs the boss's defense for Mitama to chip with Selena attack stance, but thanks to berserker crits she gets it instead of Azama (as Selena would have moved to give him a hammer attack stance for the kill) for a level

UEOtWD7QI4jxj36TkOcsbqFfPzjUY4pY2lQeRWvqhVZO734k-RhJgiQMfzOnO6Z538Se9vePyClSsnAz

Here is another Azama level from the berserker feeding session

W5Uv3cDz78Jv3dVm-ysfeFUBdq_T534wSxmfYBXZ

And here is the last lonely berserker

5wUA7qjpY5OKkJfEbfOSJdHP1lozsAxLuGp_P7P4

Sakura manages to level on the chip; I have been trying to get her shuriken rank up during this berserker slaughter, but she hasn't quite hit C yet. No one else leveled. We are done here

T9MhwPfFP85_7v6AWboKiO8vfdC0zWCDryKTKeft

Om1rIhg1aG9OInd3h1OLN86tBTbpYwm0PV_XCy1j

Well at least we get Mitama

pagCGDHAX7i6f5au7YdyJzx-sewAeMlb1dqJCxh-kEuTcKHfYOOmE4pmL23t7Kq8HxcGkpWykoLK72fU0ssONOaUXcGONmwXJ2PaEZVMxcQTC4j8UJLeS0gX

Haiku fan I am/ in both making and reading/ unique poetry

For a little bonus from the Azama-Azura support that I felt set the right tone for next chapter

s0AegbDDa8DpCeaMOItVz5UbTvdgSiiau9IjFVq8i3ZiTz0gcOb3lB3CX_Cb-7xx3lGQ_9oMFtDsvrLA

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It makes her a unit you don't want to send off alone, as people being near her is her best way of getting the hits she needs. Ryuuji and the +10 hit of supportive are a real life saver, and Ophelia and her heartseeker skill (which is part of what gave her recruitment priority over Nina and Soleil, Mitama only got priority due to the need to class change Azama) will give me another way of mitigating low hit. Worst comes to worst I may have to grab lightning, just so a miss or two matters less when she attacks.

I think this next chapter will please you then.

Part 17 The Sleeping Kinshi / And Flying Father of Weed / Fly With Us At Last  Paralogue 12 (and kinda Paralogue 1)

Lets start with some faffing about, first as you may be aware I have accessorized those that hit their final classes, and I had a few comments to say about them, but I have already shown them, so those that don't care can skip the spoiler box.

Reveal hidden contents

We had a Selena prepromted version, but can she still rock the shades as a Berserker

v9IszCSlJVZNOa02qJIb5LEJf_ka1pSvk9gYZfyK

You know it

5p0MismQ47H9UIkbh5shtMkurZNHSxv4VCE2rwWf

That eye patch, it just fits with her cold and callous demeanor, and the implied injury adds a story to her new heavy armor.

G7p5pU_ElYCZJXlMtE_3qRNcVetwEAB3C3BABJNX

Elise was a tricky one, but I think having Xander's crown works with her. It adds this slight hint of regality to her adorable self, and with the hair covering it in part, it almost looks like a heart

0HmCPQxIlhFIV-OD3q5gcOkfz1pggjtjPoeaMkwT

Silas is the only one who could wear the weed man's head gear with dignity.

ZCAmAJzOY2-6XQi-tiTWVdPp4CQP6Q6-icYw18wS

The cow horns feel like they perfect the look. The whole Oni look is about intimidation, and this adds just a little without just looking silly

iHU3QbdmLbNfIZg0sB3Onti0TxfRz5SD0mCMQ9_M

I did promise Scarlet the glasses, but they are hard to notice.

I also did Paralogue 1 to grab the last mother, but with how low level it was I treated it like a part of the relationship grinding I was doing. I did grab some images, but its not with the main crew so again some extra side content in the spoiler tag fits I guess

Reveal hidden contents

SG2rFr2Z23MHi-qe1IDO25APEopxokKRR3J_s9dX

Its not that bad Ryuuji, especially when it is this underleveled

qDJ2TU3IFOEwJnmOGQ-8GwblGKQ2uQh_X0Kn0N0d

The relationship groups are Odin and Nyx (already paired), Niles and Camilla (already paired), Hinoka and Azama (unpaired), Laslow (with his wife soon to recruit), and Ryuuji is forced.

fsXa7dTDnWcfW5p1izZTRaswhVDyqkfqc0s1BWcK
Hinoka and Azam will take the north while the rest head south to grab Mozu. Camilla claims the first kill

wrH7IgK1WUq4so03hmg97g066S_Q_dR0DuAy6x6d

And the enemy obviously chose to attack Odin over Camilla, so they switch sides for the kill and Camilla wipes out another next to the river, while Azama pairs up to avoid getting hit, while Hinoka finishes

Aryc4nPqD-92eKJUXFztaZIYXmWzeSMqf2hqpMQ_

Camilla approaches Mozu to protect her, while Nyx draws in a faceless and Hinoka finishes one to the north, and Ryuuji slips by to rush Mozu

MrmgjlJR4PcTee1rUG99AaWJ5vu9_4gK4qE0ZelJ

With some pairup and separate maneuvers Ryuuji gets adjacent to Mozu, and Laslow gets ready to permanently pariup with her, while Camilla ensures nothing can touch her. Nyx took a hit so she switches to Odin for the kill, and Hinoka pulls back to let Azama separate and heal next turn

OCyg1WzPyAD_xE50swbO6Qhq3UrE2Ix7fev6irvr

I guess this is the first NPC or enemy he has run into, so valid question Ryuuji

4CzyWqVVsgHcskrrKMTMLAt8Q9e5Ci9tXz1skPOe

That is really Camilla and Laslow's job really. It does feel kinda scuzzy (but also in character) for Laslow to take advantage of Mozu's grief to get into her pants.

4yGS6370SLxF_9sSMno9K4O7AklUdzd40jJp0M7_

Odin can just barely take a hit from that last faceless in the corner so he draws it in. Hinoka finished her enemy while Azama heals to maximize support points. Finally Camilla and Laslow (with his future wife in tow) draw in the enemies that were previously pretending to threaten Mozu

hBWHVQ6gm32kmqAnAuP9X5hVpCVo04lfKyTOyFnkmGJ4y7iFYKicd1TtQPPaw_15vEoOyzWB-Fs_MaBv

Odin finished the faceless after it missed him. Camilla and Laslow are doing the same sorta thing just slightly closer (and after finishing one that approached for the attack stance), and Azama paired with Hinoka to get dropped off closer.

gx1P-0rspRMEzduwJrgK_wU7WGACdSLXMdbEJr1p

This turn is basically people staying close, as Laslow and Camilla finish the last that approach, Azama and Hinoka stayed in place finishing and healing (although forgot an image for that), and Odin is trying to regroup.

fJ3bRVK9BWkiZS5tyW7rhlnX7SgEd_kgweZbFkFG

We are beginning to converge on the boss (although Odin/Nyx will never make it in time)

c61NHBBMvVtN6CvOaNbQz1k0x37n4zceu6RNY5ZD

As Laslow finishes one of the last faceless in the area Camilla pulls ahead and separates to let Niles get in some attacks, as Azama and Hinoka have another finish and heal round

JDxeNwsrxi9fQt_qvMkI9kTq-4Ub3lbaIYWVxPqr

Camilla had an unlucky miss to let it live long enough for an enemy phase.

x4jRsa7TdxYTnItRIxnePHL_ScXflxEAirWJvzAL

I was going to call into question how old she was that she acts like losing her mother is tantamount to losing her life, but

g-FDfcS3V81GgZf6UOhGpRp2PImcA5GoZA6z1LbW

that kinda put it into better context. Don't worry Mozu, things won't be the same

gzDqO7NLIG405OL6127jb72YQ2zksuPe6GiGjM_2

6pt9oipfkOgwF3W9GcZK7VVsg9hNpiZbk7vG-SJs

...Azama, I know this is stressful but you should be saving her instead of smo-

r4zHhuOpnQKtLLQFwOkhuq5lal0VN4er15Rdevy7

Thank you Saizo. Mitama was probably better off in the deep realm with how derelict Azama is acting here.

7XVSCbTiS6nP0puT5AnJh3-mr9RbGa2U8vkpTqQS

We can bring everyone with just enough room to add in a Odin-Nyx pair as well via rule 6. The only reset I had here was entirely due to preps, I got to Mitama and realized I didn't have any seals for her, and was so irritated that I reset on the spot and gave her seals to Azama.

Di2f4PyOoJayfZEtjW22QGHLbhiAUZuGfmDH-HZPsEmkZAoFsJnuh55qA-a_-mMpM9xvrL4D66ejR01P

Azama picks up both these levels first turn by finishing off the two nearest Berserkers with a dance. Oboro chipped the first by doubling with the raider bow, and Sakura chipped and debuffed the second (gotta work on that shuriken rank somehow) and with an Elise attack stance. I ignore the mages due to how unthreatening unpromoted enemies are (and they make me pay for that a bit) and push my troops towards Mitama's abode with pairup separate strats.

WDaHbe5QcVai3UNGuEUdNp9waIEPOWUBXPejtOXx

Silas levels enemy phasing the ninja to the north with a javelin, Selena manages to kill one of the mages enemy phase with a handaxe, but misses with the other and takes enough damage that I have to use Azura's dance to get more healing onto Selena. Azama kills the remaining one player phase, while Oboro (with Beruka attack stance) chips the level 10 Berserker from range, and Caeldori with an Elise attack stance (she simply ferried Ryuuji forward and lures a Berserker into using a handaxe) gets the javelin kill for a level

2FYQsYgY6rPZcyJOJKD9tURs3KQv-o4stRbQlFB9X-9by_DeM6myjADExo7-9sLPsp8ZQSbguKscsPVe

Rhajat gets Felicia across the river (side note it is very irritating that maid/butlers are the only promoted infantry that can't cross rivers), and Selena tries to get the kill on the sniper by catching a ride with Silas, as she is the only one with the crit or speed to possibly kill it, but she whiffs both hits. With it, like a majority of the map, immobile that was an entirely safe move to make. Odin/Nyx get a kill on the oni savage that was approaching from the west

mZL7McPtl5MurBzLKnlnQbDN4hLPG6E_mFRmZjGA

This turn Selena crosses the river to try again from the east and kills the sniper with an iron axe crit. With that done Elise transfers and separates Silas to the edge of the paladin's range, and Ryuuji plans to draw one mage, and Oboro the other. To get Azura across the river she hitches a ride with Azama, dances Oboro to let her double with her better bow (and levels), and Caeldori transfers and separates Azama out to maximize mobility for next turn. Odin/Nyx tries to bait the recently spawned outlaw, but it doesn't take the bait.

-cTDkTDoofERBY0wzCkffFeBQNrfLwpT-w-FHuLIZKhr0n9BF0vQnCyl_QPLwH3GXL3CFr8-NhPSGaDR

Oboro picks up a level on the enemy phase kill

hn6ZyIUXQIcOveQTddx_BfWMaYRj9PX7xRUrn0y1

Ryuuji merely chipped his, so Azama kills it player phase, gets danced to that after Oboro chips the berserker blocking the bridge between Mitama and paladin island, Azama can get the kill (with an Elise lily poise+attack stance for peace of mind) for a level.

bqlHbw5EaokgGy9HiCrG12F5vOzudFwtVJ5ted87

Silas then takes the +1 movement from a Beruka pairup to hit the paladin with the beast killer, but even after transferring and trading to Oboro's best weapon for the attack stance they are 1 damage short of killing. Thankfully Silas is blocking it from moving. Selena draws in  the mobile enemies that would threatening any that approaches Mitama's mansion. The outlaw ends up out maneuvering Odin/Nyx, as the only way to hit it is to enter the berserker's range or let it retaliate and leave them able to die if it tries to hit one of them on enemy phase, so they retire from the battle.

zRazW-3VDBZVIoaWt74QCyS7Gk9j62w7pIUAwr8d

Silas finishes the paladin on enemy phase, and Selena enemy phases the oni savage. On player phase Selena chips the archer from range for Ryuuji to finish it from range for a level.

2doFcFp4EfIkvqGyBbDygWqn4INt8AGSOVMWw964

I killed this archer from range because it occupied Mitama's front door, and to recruit Mitama this turn I needed the spaces adjacent to the entrance empty, so that Azama knocks once

Gc7tnY70TGfVNfpP1VJbz3xM7IYxuyb0FvJNpOWX

and after a dance (Azura did have to pair with Rhajat to reach) Azama knocks unto exhaustion,

RGVFfnCKpZfFjoZ7Aq3bRF0zEowc2YdmxZf6jWbo

And after Silas shelters Azama, and Elise transfers and switches to him, he burst in on the third time to

vbJMGUlsRC9saBPhYQvS4mYJMU5hQwWHVeWItl9xHU8b1bHiJn4dFYIJdRufvEAx2b3-8J0ESMNOXn5i

best child of Birthright / must first grab seals from weed man/ and swap to Elise

n3i6WIGIOD5g2DRrxWIsklXrKOM4rm9uSFadsc6A

The ninja goes for Ryuuji and his range option is just short of killing it. Its time to pull back and start sealing Mitama, as all the mobile enemies are on the march, and Mitama starts at level 20. Selena kills the outlaw that escaped Odin/Nyx, while they draw in the one approaching from the south, and the army in general is using pairup to get out of enemy ranges

GUedew36JFpl6_ePI1W1qaJ-PFYTaaA7YM0Oi6mP

On the turn after Mitama becomes

FVf5bFSxk5aCuq23YNmI9P-BIQF_s2D_rAkZ1oux

Now most of the army heads left to draw in the paladin with Selena and a beast killer attack stance, while Azama ambushes an archer for his level cap

ib_iWHyihFoxKUt2pPHzpRuVW-XCw7FDChfzzujb

and gets an Elise pairup to protect him from arrow attack stances, while Oboro trades a bow to Mitama while chipping an oni. Odin/Nyx also finish their archer on player phase.

_Dnyb0c0Z4PWYu3r8kpDoqVcjVWE5FovngdQdG01

Selena levels by finishing the paladin on player phase

dQFYb-HZBZAQ6pAxXjLid91JqQU2M9T8ByIIsgpt

and Rhajat levels finishing the ninja

6ywxZGxVoIwLNuVftWkOCGU8zNZe0LcO2gsOsA3e

And with the paladin gone we take the oni, mage, and archer that entered that island out, while Silas ferried Beruka to a choke point to keep more archers out. With that secured Azama promotes.

OyleCCEQSfCVKzdwkVpqmy9FV6xiwJRifzIUKaVb

while Mitama finishes the oni that attacked Oboro, and Oboro ferried Sakura to the rest of the army.

os3_UgfEBNJTyNjdle-SA3vJ76wDJWc45Urdy9Tp

Next turn I almost make a fatal error when Felicia heals instead of pairing within range of a bererker attack stance (I am so used to just moving units on top of eachother to pairup), but I manage to transfer Silas away from Beruka to let her shelter Felicia. With a gaggle of unpromoted enemies on Mitama's former island, I wipe them out easily; the only dangerous part of them (their effective damage bow) is trivial to avoid enemy phase.

sjxhGMJGKNkXAJdKyxxghsSBvp35EQ7pAVF7l93H

Beruka enemy phases the last archer, so I let Mitama get some xp enemy phase while I wait for the last mobile enemies to disentangle themselves from the berserkers.

4q-VqsVc85-kY6jY5p5JeScewdWSaiMUkFdKDRPt

The last mobile enemies die easily, and with them dead, and every enemy holding a melee weapon by default, all that is left is feeding trivial to setup kills to my two newbies, and we can start this turn, as Elise levels on the chip and Mitama levels on the kill

G_GRlpMHeh-2C2yuCOHg6HzfJ5PmqvUYoPJ5Jiv5_v1fPG2AAm1iZ2F0Hd9_F36r786gsEh2dHbhCuv5

Iw-eB72r4g9sxCC8lJUQVTa6enQDEo2ampIHi9S3

This chapter is over so here is the level Azama gets before I wipe the boss

hm_GnJXQhRp9oFkz0fRCaCiLdh_wwS2vZwGFrbHo

Oboro chips and debuffs the boss's defense for Mitama to chip with Selena attack stance, but thanks to berserker crits she gets it instead of Azama (as Selena would have moved to give him a hammer attack stance for the kill) for a level

UEOtWD7QI4jxj36TkOcsbqFfPzjUY4pY2lQeRWvqhVZO734k-RhJgiQMfzOnO6Z538Se9vePyClSsnAz

Here is another Azama level from the berserker feeding session

W5Uv3cDz78Jv3dVm-ysfeFUBdq_T534wSxmfYBXZ

And here is the last lonely berserker

5wUA7qjpY5OKkJfEbfOSJdHP1lozsAxLuGp_P7P4

Sakura manages to level on the chip; I have been trying to get her shuriken rank up during this berserker slaughter, but she hasn't quite hit C yet. No one else leveled. We are done here

T9MhwPfFP85_7v6AWboKiO8vfdC0zWCDryKTKeft

Om1rIhg1aG9OInd3h1OLN86tBTbpYwm0PV_XCy1j

Well at least we get Mitama

pagCGDHAX7i6f5au7YdyJzx-sewAeMlb1dqJCxh-kEuTcKHfYOOmE4pmL23t7Kq8HxcGkpWykoLK72fU0ssONOaUXcGONmwXJ2PaEZVMxcQTC4j8UJLeS0gX

For a little bonus from the Azama-Azura support that I felt set the right tone for next chapter

s0AegbDDa8DpCeaMOItVz5UbTvdgSiiau9IjFVq8i3ZiTz0gcOb3lB3CX_Cb-7xx3lGQ_9oMFtDsvrLA

Azama is our lord and savior. Praise him

Bad news: the images inside your spoiler tags don't load.

Rhajat gets Felicia across the river (side note it is very irritating that maid/butlers are the only promoted infantry that can't cross rivers)

That's actually pretty neat from a gameplay/story integration perspective.

They can't let their clothes get dirty.

(See this? This is why we need not butler in future.)

Azama giving chores sounds very out of character.

It implies he asks anything from anyone aside from being an easy target of his barbs.

I wish he was a weed man, Azama's probably on no drugs honestly.

pagCGDHAX7i6f5au7YdyJzx-sewAeMlb1dqJCxh-kEuTcKHfYOOmE4pmL23t7Kq8HxcGkpWykoLK72fU

I didn't expect that I'd relate to something related to Asshat.

0ssONOaUXcGONmwXJ2PaEZVMxcQTC4j8UJLeS0gX

Mitama get!

So, we'll have to look at where she's at on bases right now, they seem alright so far but I'm not so sure and her ranks are going to be awful sadly. 

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Be that as it may, with this game being what it is, it does make her unreliable on the battlefield. Being stuck with axes and tomes doesn't really help.

17 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Be that as it may, with this game being what it is, it does make her unreliable on the battlefield. Being stuck with axes and tomes doesn't really help.

I did not take Rhajat’s and the Oni Chieftain class’s low skill in my decision. I just saw mixed offense and defense.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

So, we'll have to look at where she's at on bases right now, they seem alright so far but I'm not so sure and her ranks are going to be awful sadly. 

Statwise she is very similar to Oboro, but with a mediocre magic stat that was payed for with defense, which ends up highlighting the difference between the Pegasus route's darting blow skill and the archer route's quick draw skill. The double E rank is irritating, but she is a bit over halfway to D bows at the end of the berserker slaughter.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

1 hour ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

I did not take Rhajat’s and the Oni Chieftain class’s low skill in my decision. I just saw mixed offense and defense.

Tome and Axe accuracy tends to even out with enough weapon ranks, and even if her offense is unreliable defensively she is absolutely amazing with the horse spirit. At the end of paralogue 12 she is at 24 in both defenses and 27 speed with the horse spirit equipped not to mention natural cover from her mother, and with both Sakura and Elise's personals in play and no weakness to common effective weapons (do any enemies have the spellbane yumi?) she is a solid wall.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

Your pics still aren't displaying. What're you gonna do about that?

1 hour ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

The thing is, mixed offense is very hard to do well (read: have both physical weapons and magic as worth using).

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Tome and Axe accuracy tends to even out with enough weapon ranks, and even if her offense is unreliable defensively she is absolutely amazing with the horse spirit. At the end of paralogue 12 she is at 24 in both defenses and 27 speed with the horse spirit equipped not to mention natural cover from her mother, and with both Sakura and Elise's personals in play and no weakness to common effective weapons (do any enemies have the spellbane yumi?) she is a solid wall.

Well, she can wall, but as things are, she can't be relied on for much else. Also, enemies don't use the Spellbane Yumi, and even if they did, it's laughably inaccurate, and really weak to boot. Not to mention WTD against the weapon type it's supposed to be used against.

Edited by Shadow Mir