March's Mythic Hero Appears!! Yune: Chaos Goddess (March 28 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yune's kit looks sick, but I don't think its intended purpose for Aether Raids is going to work. Her kit requires a Res advantage, which wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't a Dark Mythic Hero which means she shares airspace with Eir, who passively buffs Res during Light/Dark seasons.  Worse yet is that Eir is a free unit that everyone will have, so more than likely both Chaos Named and Sabotage Res will end up being dead skill slots.

Why should I use Chaos Named over Res ploy? Requirement is strictier than ploy and you can't pick what stat to debuff. Sure an area effect is neat, but it's only 3 columns. And on defense, it's unlikely it hits multiple targets. Am I missing something here? 

Nice to see Yune! Personally would have preferred Ashera for design but hey, Tellius!

My main targets will be green and blue I think. Green for the shiny new deity and some amazing fodder, and blue because I lack both Lucina and Azura.

Myrrh and Mia would be nice too but the other 2 in those colors aren't very interesting to me. Probably going for red if I get neither blue or green.

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Have anyone pointed out that Yune doesn't take being called dark god well but she's dark element mythic in FEH

Keep doing the irony, IS

There is a duplicate topic MH topic where I posted about this. I'll just throw what I had to say in spoilers to save space.:

Spoiler

She is Chaos however, which is the closest thing in Tellius. And...

• Izuka, the guy who drugs Laguz feral and chaotic, does use Dark Magic.
  • Apparently, whether it be true or not, according to this page in the Tellius Recollection, Dark Magic does have an association with Yune.
  • Ashera uses a lot of Light to attack as well, yet she is not Light formally (yet it is her Affinity), being the Goddess of Order instead. There were also plans for unused Dark versions of Judge. She has Anima Spirits in her tower, but none Dark (nor Light, but she has all the Light she needs).
  • Lehran uses Light and Dark Magics (and none of Anima, so he isn't just versed in them all). Being the highest servant of the Goddesses, if Light stands for his ties to Ashera, then Dark stands for his ties to Yune.

And the meaning of the Japanese title of Yune from SF translator extraordinaire Kirokan:

Spoiler

And just to bring in the original Japanese: 

So here is a quick list of names and terms for reference:

Name: Ashera / アスタルテ Astarte
Title: Goddess of Order / 正の女神

Name: Yune  / ユンヌ Yune
Title: Goddess of Chaos / 負の女神

The two things to look at specifically are the characters used for Ashera and Yune’s titles: 正 and 

So 正 can mean many things, all with positive meanings: Just, Correct, Superior, Positive.

In contrast,  has negative meanings: Minus, Bearing (a responsibility), Defeat, Negative.

Note that “order” and “chaos” are not among these definitions however. What the two characters in Japanese displays is a theme of opposites: Ashera the positive, Yune the negative. They were both split from Ashunera, the two sides of her in conflict with one another now split into two separate beings. It’s all a very yin-yang concept that’s hard to express with a single word in English. The Japanese gets away with using a single character as it can vaguely mean any of those definitions without fitting any specific one.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

So it is basically Chill Highest Stat within 3 columns against foes with lower Res, and Atk is treated as if it were 15 lower for comparison between the stats.

So if two enemies has the highest stats, one of them with 70 Atk and one with 55 Res, the one with 70 Atk will have Atk-5 and the one with 55 Res will have Res-5?

What I got from Chaos Named is that it is a Ploy skill that only works vertically but for 3 spaces instead of only 1, and will effect only the higher stat on that foe.

For example: Yune hits 3 foes with Chaos Named: Chrom, Alfonse and Surtr. For both Chrom and Alfonse, their higher stat is Atk, because Chrom has  37 Atk +16 from the weapon - 15 for the comparison = 38 Atk, and Alfonse has 35 Atk +16 from the weapon - 15 for the comparison = 36 Atk. Both Chrom and Alfonse will receive -5 Atk. Surtr has Def as his higher stat, so he will receive -5 Def.

It's not a broken skill, but it can be very useful, since Yune has a lot of Res. If I made the calculation right, she has ~45 Res with her weapon equipped. No unit right now will have higher Res than Yune right know without the need of Res boosting skills (the unit with the higher Res right now is Winter Fae, with 41 Res), however she is a Dark Hero, which is the opposite of a Light Hero, and Eir's Mythic bonus grants +5 Res, which can be a problem for Yune.

EDIT: I forgot to consider Yune's Atk/Res Bond, so she maybe has 40 Res with weapon equipped, 37 base Res.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

It's super cool to have Yune playable! Her voice is different but I don't mind it being deeper. Her animations look awesome. I'm really low on orbs and still haven't pulled Idunn after all this time, but I'll use whatever I can get on Yune.

If this means next month we're getting Tellius characters then I hope Jill and Haar are among them at last.

I would say thank Naga, but Thank Yune is more fitting.

Thank Yune, the Mythic's are confirmed to not be alts, with the one who had a real possibility of being one (possessed Micaiah) being deconfirmed.

I will pull for green since Yune is amazing and I don't have Kagero. Plus I'm still missing my Reyson. But Lewyn. Lewyn has officially ruined my day and I hate him. Both him and Ophelia have been on a Hero Fest recently and since then they appeared in voting gauntlets banners and I swear it feels like they appear on a banner every 5 minutes. Why did they have to also appear here? 

Why couldn't they pick Quan or Ylgr to replace Ophelia and Green!Olwen (who waited for a year!!) to replace Lewyn?

I'm getting seriously mad here. The point of legendary/mythic banners should be to rerun units that appear rarely, not units who appeared so many times anyone who wants them already has them for sure.

It's like putting Brave Lyn in the banner.

Oh wait...

Edited by GrandeRampel

Yune is a pleasant surprise. I'll definitely try to free summon her.

Can I just say I love the attention that Tellius is getting this year after being almost completely shafted last year? A Laguz banner with fan favorites such as Tibarn, a Seasonal that added Greil, and now Yune as a Mythic Hero. If we can get characters like say Jill, Haar, Ranulf, Ashnard, and Ashera, we should be in for a very good year for Tellius :)

Although I will say I'm too big on Yune's English voice. Her voice sounds WAY too deep for such a child-like character. Even her RD voice was better tbh.

12 hours ago, daisy jane said:

NO YLGR!!!
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. 

Why do you dislike Ylgr?

I know there's some mixed reactions on the deeper voice, but I like it. I think it does a good job embodying the fact that she is chaos itself. Of course it doesnt make sense she looks like a little girl but has a woman's voice. She's a deity, and one of Chaos, nothing about her should make much of any sense.

Im a tad disappointed we didnt get possessed!Miccy from this, I was really hoping for a canon Miccy alt before CYL releases so that her Priestess design potentially gets knocked out of the way, but there's still time.

2 hours ago, Sylphid said:

Nice to see Yune! Personally would have preferred Ashera for design but hey, Tellius!

I feel like similar to Mila being inevitable at this point because of Duma, Ashera is also probably inevitable at this point now that we have Yune.

Awesome new character choice, blue is basically perfect for pulling from with no duds, colourless is pretty excellent as well, non-Yune greens aren't horrible. Red is the "weakest" but even then Legendary Ryoma isn't horrible you just have to be willing to invest a lot. 

Pretty awesome banner.

19 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I know there's some mixed reactions on the deeper voice, but I like it. I think it does a good job embodying the fact that she is chaos itself. Of course it doesnt make sense she looks like a little girl but has a woman's voice. She's a deity, and one of Chaos, nothing about her should make much of any sense

I think it's less fitting, because the point of Yune's appearance is that she is a child. The embodiment of chaos being a child is extremely fitting, as anyone who has ever been in contact with them can attest. She is the childish, emotional opposite to Ashera's mature and cold nature. Nowhere does a deep, adult voice fit in that (unless they have Ashera sound like a six year old). Especially since Yune's at-times bratty attitude just doesn't translate well with that deadpan voice. And well, even chaos needs some cohesive theming. 

Edited by Nanima

3 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I am glad it's Yune and not Yune!Micaiah.

I'm glad of this too, actually, since Micaiah is one of the worst characters ever imo.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm glad of this too, actually, since Micaiah is one of the worst characters ever imo.

I was never bothered by her as a teenager, and as an adult it’s hard to hate her when nearly everything bad about her is also true of Corrin but he’s 100 times worse.

Also, holy shit, I seriously hope we get “A Grasping Truth” as the hero battle map theme.

Edited by Alastor15243

1 minute ago, Alastor15243 said:

I was never bothered by her as a teenager, and as an adult it’s hard to hate her when nearly everything bad about her is also true of Corrin but 100 times worse.

Also, holy shit, I seriously hope we get “A Grasping Truth” as the hero battle map theme.

...What? What are you talking about? Micaiah doesn't have "teenager" and "adult" appearances, she just has one design and three known outfits.

I think Corrin is trash too.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...What? What are you talking about? Micaiah doesn't have "teenager" and "adult" appearances, she just has one design and three known outfits.

He's talking about himself as a teenager and himself as an adult looking at Micaiah's character.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

He's talking about himself as a teenager and himself as an adult looking at Micaiah's character.

Oh. Well, that wasn't clear enough to me with the odd way he worded that sentence.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Correct. First time playing I didn’t notice any of her writing flaws. And now it’s hard to hate her since I have Nohrrin for perspective, who actually makes the blood pact bullshit seem cool.

2 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Correct. First time playing I didn’t notice any of her writing flaws. And now it’s hard to hate her since I have Nohrrin for perspective, who actually makes the blood pact bullshit seem cool.

I like Micaiah. In all honesty, she really had no options around for her. Also, I think the issue is that Micaiah has to be written to be against Ike. And along with that, the bigger issue is that Ike's simple nature of how he handles things is made so that he's never stuck in a complicated situation that forces him to look at the bigger picture, and generally he fights for what he believes is right and thus, he has to be on the right side. Micaiah is the one meant to take the more complicated issues.

Can you imagine how Ike would handle if he was stuck in the Blood Contract? Fight the "right" side, and let hundreds of thousands of innocents dead. FIght for the wrong side, and... well, you're fighting for the wrong side.