March's Mythic Hero Appears!! Yune: Chaos Goddess (March 28 ~)

Coolmanio

Spent all of my 200 orbs in an attempt at Yune and Ryouma.

Result:

Myrrh has a merge and Ophelia has Special Spiral. (also my Soren is going to be +6 and my Reyson +1)

I know this isn't the worst possible result by far, but I can't help but be salty. LG banners are terrible traps that 99% of the time don't give me what I want. In all my attempts on them, the only time I ever got what I set out for was the December one (S!Takumi and Lazura came home. It was a Christmas Miracle).

From now on, every time a fave gets a Legendary/Mythic version I'll write them off as a lost cause, because the game will never let me have them. 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

From now on, every time a fave gets a Legendary/Mythic version I'll write them off as a lost cause, because the game will never let me have them. 

I'm feelin' ya, I told myself never to summon on Legendary/Mythics, I went from 630 to 101 to get Yune. Those were all FtP Orbs by the way.

Never again. But alas, why must Tellius have so many good Mythic choices?

A lot of junk came with that- 2 Eirs, 4 Spring Kageros, but there was a Lewyn, and my first bunch of Titanias and Sheenas (after playing Mystery, she seems like a pitiable character, if very impaired by Archanea's lack of character fleshing out), some more Merrics, Reysons, and Sorens too. Need to nature check them, it'd hurt even more with they were all bad.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Need to nature check them, it'd hurt even more with they were all bad.

In the Options menu, there is an option to turn on highlighting of Assets and Flaws that should make it easier to do that on the fly.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

In the Options menu, there is an option to turn on highlighting of Assets and Flaws that should make it easier to do that on the fly.

I'm aware, I've used that plentifully. I was just so steaming at that moment that I was too fed up to actually look.

And since I'm quoting you at this moment, assuming you sniped for one just color, how many pulls on average does it take to get a desired unit on a LH/MH banner? I'm curious after my stroke of luck to see how bad it was.

58 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm feelin' ya, I told myself never to summon on Legendary/Mythics, I went from 630 to 101 to get Yune. Those were all FtP Orbs by the way.

Never again. But alas, why must Tellius have so many good Mythic choices?

Congrats on Yune, even if she took a lot. I wish there was an alternate way to obtain LG/Mythic Heroes (and not just through that stupid search event), but I doubt they'll ever implement it. As it stands, I don't see myself ever obtaining Ryouma, Tiki or Yune and it stings (or Ashera when she joins. Ashunera and Altina may also be candidates).  

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm aware, I've used that plentifully. I was just so steaming at that moment that I was too fed up to actually look.

And since I'm quoting you at this moment, assuming you sniped for one just color, how many pulls on average does it take to get a desired unit on a LH/MH banner? I'm curious after my stroke of luck to see how bad it was.

About 40-60 depending on color, with green on the lower side and red on the higher side, counting the forced pulls you have to make due to not having any of the correct color on the table.

59 minutes ago, Nanima said:

(or Ashera when she joins. Ashunera and Altina may also be candidates).  

And I'm afraid Dheginsea and Lehran stand shots as well, although time will have to tell if they do do or not. We don't have enough samples yet to say this. (Although I know it'd ruin their stats, I'd take great pleasure in the, being GHBs.) 

And sorry about Legendary Tiki being inaccessible to you. I played FE3 for the first time like a month ago, and I loved how powerful Tiki was there. She was very unique, more so than in FE13, nor hamstrung by her SD/NM limited Dragonstone uses with low bases. She has so much Dragonstone you'd have to try to run out, great bases via transformation, has powerful 1-2 range which physical units lack and magical units generally can't combine with durability. And all while still being balanced due to a constant 0AS and Def capping at 20 (not good against Silver weapons). FE3, which is what L!Tiki was based on, was her time to really shine if you ask me.

If it took 2000, or 5000 Grails (however many is sufficiently large) for a single neutral copy of a Legendary/Mythic, I'd actually start playing Aether Raids and saving up for Ashera/Altina/Soane/Anri/Bramimond/Athos/Durbans or whoever else would appeal to me.

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

About 40-60 depending on color, with green on the lower side and red on the higher side, counting the forced pulls you have to make due to not having any of the correct color on the table.

Thanks, now let me count...

Spoiler
  1. Setsuna
  2. Arthur
  3. Azama
  4. Fae
  5. Est
  6. Jeorge
  7. Titania
  8. Lewyn :lol:
  9. Frederick
  10. Lachesis
  11. Cecilia
  12. Boey
  13. Merric
  14. Raven
  15. Arthur (x2)
  16. Cherche
  17. Sheena
  18. Libra
  19. Arthur (x3)
  20. Gunter
  21. Clarine
  22. Hawkeye
  23. Merric (x2)
  24. Hawkeye (x2)
  25. Barst
  26. Bartre
  27. Eir :/:
  28. Beruka
  29. Shanna
  30. Gordin
  31. Soren
  32. Soren (x2)
  33. Gunter (x2)
  34. Gunter (x3)
  35. Kaze
  36. Boey (x2)
  37. Lukas
  38. Nino
  39. Reyson
  40. Nowi
  41. Halloween Kagero :>_<:
  42. Fae (x2)
  43. Reyson (x2)
  44. Lukas (x2)
  45. Soren (x2)
  46. Hawkeye (x3)
  47. Barst (x2)
  48. Bartre (x2)
  49. Halloween Kagero :cry:
  50. Matthew
  51. Niles
  52. Beruka (x2)
  53. Klein
  54. Peri
  55. Arthur (x4)
  56. Effie
  57. Saizo
  58. Jakob
  59. Cherche (x2)
  60. Cecilia (x2)
  61. Normal Kagero
  62. Gunter (x4)
  63. Hawkeye (x4)
  64. Hawkeye (x5)
  65. Libra (x2)
  66. Nino (x2)
  67. Gunter (x5)
  68. Halloween Kagero :sob:
  69. Priscilla
  70. Boey (x3)
  71. Boey (x4)
  72. Virion
  73. Leon
  74. Titania (x2)
  75. Merric (x3)
  76. Saizo
  77. Titania (x3)
  78. Barst (x3)
  79. Nino (x3)
  80. Effie (x2)
  81. Soren (x3)
  82. Camilla
  83. Cecilia (x3)
  84. Libra (x3)
  85. Arthur (x5)
  86. Camilla (x2)
  87. Eir :angry:
  88. Reyson (x3)
  89. Beruka (x3)
  90. Soren (x4)
  91. Reyson (x4)
  92. Cordelia
  93. Donnel
  94. L'Arachel
  95. Cherche (x3)
  96. Arthur (x5)
  97. Frederick (x2)
  98. Reyson (x5)
  99. Frederick (x3)
  100. Jeorge (x2)
  101. Titania (x4)
  102. Camilla (x3)
  103. Sheena (x2)
  104. Halloween Kagero :squeezedtangerine:
  105. Leon (x2)
  106. Shanna (z2)
  107. Peri (x2)
  108. Barst (x4)
  109. Mathilda
  110. Jeorge (x3)
  111. Bartre (x3)
  112. Yune!:facepalm: :D:

So nearly twice or upwards of nearly triple what it should've been. I'd call that bad luck. A Reyson merge long-term project might be called for now with five spare copies. He might be a Singer, but he is the one Green on Team Laguz Fliers, be more like Tibarn wishes he, so it might be. Though regular Myrrh can work fine instead.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Amazing rate overall, 227 orbs for 3 Bowcinas, 3 Eirs, 1 Lewyn, and 1 Brave Lyn. Unfortunate that there was no HMia, so I'll have to continue being handicapped against the IP spam in AR defense maps until next Halloween. Probably should've started skipping blue after the double Bowcina in 1 circle, but oh well.

No Yune for me, but I got Ryoma on the free pull, and after all my F2P orbs and a small round of whaling, I got Witch Mia (YES!) and another Brave Lyn.

That's as far as I go on this banner. I want Yune, but Halloween Mia is more than enough for what I can ask. I'll try for Yune when she shows up again in a future Legendary banner.

qXkHaxO.jpg

What are you implying, Yune? That the creator god of this world is already an established character? And I suppose next you’re gonna tell me that, like you, they enjoy masquerading as a...

WcxjNex.jpg

...As a...

YikXvjF.jpg

...No... NO WAY.

Edit: Sniped to the point.

Edited by Alastor15243

14 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The idea of a Mystic Feh sounds like a peculiar idea. I wonder if Yune is telling the truth here?

Then the question becomes if Feh is the creator deity in disguise, or at least a scion or herald of them, what is their point to being present and incognito?

A. To help the good be victorious over evil without impeding on their personal development and free wills?

B. To gently sway events and make sure they fall within their plan. Their plan of questionable morality, if not outright evil.

Benevolent god or arrogant god? Which would it be?

Oh, also, to hell with this nonsense of her name being pronounced "Yoon". I'm chalking that up to a mistake on the voice actress's part they didn't catch. I let "Camoo" slide because there wasn't a verbal precedent, but no, there is no way in the seven Hells I'm letting a gacha game retcon the Tellius series over even the tiniest detail.

9 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Oh, also, to hell with this nonsense of her name being pronounced "Yoon". I'm chalking that up to a mistake on the voice actress's part they didn't catch. I let "Camoo" slide because there wasn't a verbal precedent, but no, there is no way in the seven Hells I'm letting a gacha game retcon the Tellius series over even the tiniest detail.

... That's how both of those names are pronounced, though... How else would you pronounce them?

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

... That's how both of those names are pronounced, though... How else would you pronounce them?

Maybe "yuh-nay"? Sounds kind of funny.

1 minute ago, Alastor15243 said:

The way everyone pronounced Yune in the cutscenes of Radiant Dawn. Yoo-Nay.

... Ew. That sounds silly. Which weeb fucked that one up on the localization side?

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

... Ew. That sounds silly.

The word play of the goddess' names doesn't even make sense if it isn't pronounced like that. Ashera and Yune are halves of the goddess Ashunera. And like I said, that's been the only way it's ever been pronounced until now. Repeatedly, by everyone who ever utters Yune's name in audio format.

Edited by Alastor15243

27 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

The word play of the goddess' names doesn't even make sense if it isn't pronounced like that. Ashera and Yune are halves of the goddess Ashunera. And like I said, that's been the only way it's ever been pronounced until now. Repeatedly, by everyone who ever utters Yune's name in audio format.

Still convinced some weeb did the localization, thinking that the "ne" made a "nay" sound.

Her Japanese name is ユンヌ (yun'nu). The n'nu ending is relatively rare in Japanese transliterations of Western words and names, but is most notable in ジャンヌ (jan'nu), the French name "Jeanne" (likely to differentiate from ジャン (jan), which is used for French "Jean", which has a nasal "n"). Thus, the "correct" way to pronounce the name in Japanese without the Japanese "accent" is close to "yoon".

The remerged goddess Ashunera's name in Japanese is アスタテューヌ (asutatyūnu), Astartyune, a portmanteau of Ashera's Japanese name アスタルテ (asutarute), Astarte, and Yune's name.

And it would make perfect sense to pronounce Yune's name as "yoon" in Ashunera since the "era" can be interpreted to come from "Ashera" rather than the "une" from "Yune".

EDIT: And "camoo" is the standard English pronunciation of the French name "Camus" due to the fact that English doesn't actually have the /ü/ sound that "u" is pronounced in French.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

The way everyone pronounced Yune in the cutscenes of Radiant Dawn. 

Yeah, but FE10 is weird in that regard. 

Soren is pronounced in two different ways. 

Mia pronounces him in the cutscene of the end of part 2 as [Soe-ren] (Skandinavian pronounciation). 

The narrator pronounces him in part 3 and 4 as [So-ren]. 

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Still convinced some weeb did the localization, thinking that the "ne" made a "nay" sound.

Her Japanese name is ユンヌ (yun'nu). The n'nu ending is relatively rare in Japanese transliterations of Western words and names, but is most notable in ジャンヌ (jan'nu), the French name "Jeanne" (likely to differentiate from ジャン (jan), which is used for French "Jean", which has a nasal "n"). Thus, the "correct" way to pronounce the name in Japanese without the Japanese "accent" is close to "yoon".

The remerged goddess Ashunera's name in Japanese is アスタテューヌ (asutatyūnu), Astartyune, a portmanteau of Ashera's Japanese name アスタルテ (asutarute), Astarte, and Yune's name.

And it would make perfect sense to pronounce Yune's name as "yoon" in Ashunera since the "era" can be interpreted to come from "Ashera" rather than the "une" from "Yune".

EDIT: And "camoo" is the standard English pronunciation of the French name "Camus" due to the fact that English doesn't actually have the /ü/ sound that "u" is pronounced in French.

Dang, this is good stuff. I was also rather annoyed at the "Yoon" pronunciation, but it seems it's the Heroes localizers who made the fix.

Although I do wonder if the RD localization actually meant for "Ashunera" to be one's name in the middle of the other's or if that's just a coincidence.