• Julius: Scion of Darkness
    • Duma: God of Strength
    • Idunn: Dark Priestess
    • Hardin: Dark Emperor
    • Garon: King of Nohr
    • Robin: Fell Reincarnation
    • Surtr: Ruler of Flame

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/2019 at 03:58 PM

I have 2,000 flags to burn.  The highest my ballots can go is 32 or something like that.

I'm using flags on every single ballot, and I'll still have leftovers.  Hell yes!

Now excuse me, but I need to cheer on my valentine.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Skipping the final round. I have no interest in either of the remaining two teams.

Burn 5 ballots for the 4 orbs, 60 Coins, and 10 rocks before you leave.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Burn 5 ballots for the 4 orbs, 60 Coins, and 10 rocks before you leave.

Still requires me to join a team and both of these choices just make me go ugh. I have to choose between a female which we have tons of female winners already and one who hasn't been very interesting to me so far, and my most hated villain in the series besides Surtr and Garon.

Edited by Anacybele

52 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Still requires me to join a team and both of these choices just make me go ugh. I have to choose between a female which we have tons of female winners already and one who hasn't been very interesting to me so far, and my most hated villain in the series besides Surtr and Garon.

You do you, but to me it just seems like you are shafting yourself when you refuse to gather easily accessible resources out of spite. 5x a battle where you give 1 flag for each fight is not going to make an impact and it nets you valuable resources that can be used on units you do like.

13 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

You do you, but to me it just seems like you are shafting yourself when you refuse to gather easily accessible resources out of spite. 5x a battle where you give 1 flag for each fight is not going to make an impact and it nets you valuable resources that can be used on units you do like.

Maybe so. But I play the game to have fun and I don't have fun if I have to support a character I don't care for. :P

Well, both Julius and Duma have fallen. Because of course the only fem unit on the gauntlet is being supported to a ridiculous degree... As I recall, Fallen M!Robin's already won a gauntlet. Idunn's put down the last two teams I supported. Idunn annoys me, but at the same time, I was very happen when I pulled her, even though mine has perhaps the worst possible nature for her playstyle (-HP +Atk.) Fell M!Robin has consistently been helpful on my teams. Idunn fits my playstyle so well with just her base kit. So many pro's and cons to both... It's haerd to choose who to support.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Maybe so. But I play the game to have fun and I don't have fun if I have to support a character I don't care for. :P

Because the results of the Voting Gauntlet are of no consequence to you anyways, just pretend it's a Training Tower battle or something with better quest rewards.

Grand Conquest to me is just a bunch of Relay Defense fights with a lot of rewards. I sometimes don't even remember which color I'm playing for, much less whose team I'm on or even who the three team leads are. It doesn't matter to me who wins, just that I get stuff for playing.

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

It seems like you really don't care for over half if not 3/4ths of the characters in FE in general from what I've seen. Is supporting someone you are indifferent about so antagonizing to you mentally that you can't simply ignore it? Assuming that by "don't care" you don't mean "hate".

This new stamina gated system is really prompting me to dump flags early so that I don't have more excess than I can feasibly spend. The real headscratcher to this equation is that the amount of stamina I have dictates how many flags I can dump. Seems like there's no real fear of overshooting and running out of flags early though. You only get two full power shots a day, four total each round. So I guess ideally you spend 400 flags on each shot in rounds 1 and 2, have a little bit of excess going into round 3 where you can do 800 flags per shot each time. And oof, the collecting of flags from the quests that demand you spend stamina. This is a lot of micro-management.

Hopefully Est has been useful for people on Team Grima.  I switched out Titania so people weren't doubling up on Greens.

29 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Hopefully Est has been useful for people on Team Grima.  I switched out Titania so people weren't doubling up on Greens.

I suggest changing her A skill as 5 extra hp is pretty trash.

55 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

It seems like you really don't care for over half if not 3/4ths of the characters in FE in general from what I've seen. Is supporting someone you are indifferent about so antagonizing to you mentally that you can't simply ignore it? Assuming that by "don't care" you don't mean "hate".

Actually, I only truly dislike a handful. A majority I'm just neutral/okay with. I'm neutral on Idunn, more or less. It's just that we've had so many female gauntlet winners that that kinda bores me now.

14 hours ago, Anacybele said:

But four orbs would help to pull a favorite.

That said I never cared for this event since its existence aside of the rewards which are really nice. I usually support the unit I have the best copy of regardless my personal relation to that character. 

In general I do not play Heroes for favorism because it is not made for imo. Getting all wanted units would drag out my money of my wallet what is not going to happen for sure. I made an exception for Yune's banner because 10/12 of the cast was great at least in terms of usefulness of fodder. Usually I take that what I get aka F2P. 

3 hours ago, Little Princess said:

In general I do not play Heroes for favorism because it is not made for imo. Getting all wanted units would drag out my money of my wallet what is not going to happen for sure. I made an exception for Yune's banner because 10/12 of the cast was great at least in terms of usefulness of fodder. Usually I take that what I get aka F2P. 

Good for you. My stance is different, as I DO consider the game made for favoritism due to how many characters it's getting and how many are truly fan favorites. Many of my favorites are in as well. And I have fun building them up and using them.

20 hours ago, Anacybele said:

The way I see it, if you don't want to do a quest for whatever reason, that's fine. That's your choice.

However, refusing to do extremely easy quests that are basically free resources, nullifies any right you have to complain about the game not giving you enough resources. By not doing this last round you throw away four orbs, 45 coins, 10 divine rocks, and several potential feathers, so don't complain the next time you find yourself short on those.

Guh...! I didn't even consider Same Hell in this resource management game of stamina and flags. No way around it, I have to burn at least some flags on Same Hell

In future VGs, they really ought to reduce the amount of flags you've got access to, since finding the stamina to burn them is genuinely difficult. Though perhaps my performance shall improve in future Gauntlets. Taking a glance at my ranks thus far, it's clear I'm not the only person struggling to score big. Since I'm doing considerably better than in previous Gauntlets where I was making the right calls every time but failing to drop everything to play the mode twice in a predicted hour.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Good for you. My stance is different, as I DO consider the game made for favoritism due to how many characters it's getting and how many are truly fan favorites. Many of my favorites are in as well. And I have fun building them up and using them.

Several of mine aren't, and probably will never be. :(:

---

I have seven ballots, 1,900 flags to burn, and a 6.7 multiplier.  Time to climb the ranks!

17 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Actually, I only truly dislike a handful. A majority I'm just neutral/okay with. I'm neutral on Idunn, more or less. It's just that we've had so many female gauntlet winners that that kinda bores me now.

You're still effectively eliminating a very noticable chunk of units in the game by choosing not to join specifically female characters that you're at least only neutral towards or don't know about, which is before counting your hated characters (no matter the gender). Whatever your reasons, you're making it noticably harder for yourself to participate in a VG and get those resources, boring outcome or not. Maybe think about what you're mentally sacrificing by joining a character you're indifferent about, without factoring in gender.