• Julius: Scion of Darkness
    • Duma: God of Strength
    • Idunn: Dark Priestess
    • Hardin: Dark Emperor
    • Garon: King of Nohr
    • Robin: Fell Reincarnation
    • Surtr: Ruler of Flame

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/2019 at 03:58 PM

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Several of mine aren't, and probably will never be. :(:

Man, that's a real bummer. :(

8 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

You're still effectively eliminating a very noticable chunk of units in the game by choosing not to join specifically female characters that you're at least only neutral towards or don't know about, which is before counting your hated characters (no matter the gender). Whatever your reasons, you're making it noticably harder for yourself to participate in a VG and get those resources, boring outcome or not. Maybe think about what you're mentally sacrificing by joining a character you're indifferent about, without factoring in gender.

Oh, I know I'm giving up some resources. I don't mind skipping a few orbs or feathers on occasion. Sacred Coins are harder to get overall, but I think even including the gauntlet ones, we need more sources of those, so...

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I know I'm giving up some resources. I don't mind skipping a few orbs or feathers on occasion. Sacred Coins are harder to get overall, but I think even including the gauntlet ones, we need more sources of those, so...

But Sacred Coins are plentiful. I ran out of good Sacred Seals to upgrade at one point so I spent a chunk of them on the first set of single stat boosters (HP +5, etc.).

You cannot blame the game for being hard if you refuse the free stuff it provides to make the game easier. A few Orbs here, a few Sacred Coins there, etc. they all add up.

The only players who have a legitimate claim about Sacred Coins being hard to get are new players, due to the fact that they missed out on almost 2 years worth of Sacred Coins and they have to spend Sacred Coins to create old Sacred Seals from scratch.

Edited by XRay

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

But Sacred Coins are plentiful. I ran out of good Sacred Seals to upgrade at one point so I spent a chunk of them on the first set of single stat boosters (HP +5, etc.).

You cannot blame the game for being hard if you refuse the free stuff it provides to make the game easier. A few Orbs here, a few Sacred Coins there, etc. they all add up.

They only players who have a legitimate claim about Sacred Coins being hard to get are new players, due to the fact that they missed out on almost 2 years worth of Sacred Coins and they have to spend Sacred Coins to create old Sacred Seals from scratch.

Me: My favorite supermarket closed so now i have to go to the nearest one which is 50 meters away but it’s not my favorite. I’d rather go hungry then. 

Also me: I am in need of food why is this not made more readily available? Don’t people realise you need food?

I have been on team Idunn the entire time, I figured she’d have the best odds of winning so I could get the extra feathers. I don’t particularly care for any of these units, so I just battled to get the quest stuff. Still, feathers are nice, and I am in need of coins! Still so many things to upgrade.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

The only players who have a legitimate claim about Sacred Coins being hard to get are new players, due to the fact that they missed out on almost 2 years worth of Sacred Coins and they have to spend Sacred Coins to create old Sacred Seals from scratch.

that would be moi. 
so many seals, so little coins. 

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

that would be moi. 
so many seals, so little coins. 

Yeah... We always get 3 sacred seals at the same time when they are released in TTs, and some times I only have enough coins to enhance only one of them to the higher rank.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah... We always get 3 sacred seals at the same time when they are released in TTs, and some times I only have enough coins to enhance only one of them to the higher rank.

i started playing seriously in September, so i have a lot of seals, but there are some i had to do strictly for arena, and some for the teams i run. still haven't done a lot of other ones that i think are important. I'm hoping as i get better in AA i can get more coins there.

However, i wouldn't ever willingly give up resources, based on not liking a character or other previous winners, I think that's an absurd reason to give up things to help me progress in game but that's just me.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

VG gives the most Sacred Coins out of every mode in the game (135) and you need to put in an absolute minimum effort to get them~ You can play 5 times to get all the rewards every other day for three days and just ignore it otherwise for the whole Event.

Saying we need more sources of Coins when you blatantly skip 45 essentially free ones and the complaining about the state of difficulty of the game afterwards is not a very good look~

Edited by Landmaster

Ok... there is a chance of Robin to win this VG. Right now, with 2 hours left, Robin has 70.205.365.213 and Idunn has 69.970.180.115. I believe there is a chance of Idunn surpass Robin during this and the next hour, and make Robin trigger the 7.5x multipliers in the final hour. 

46 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Ok... there is a chance of Robin to win this VG. Right now, with 2 hours left, Robin has 70.205.365.213 and Idunn has 69.970.180.115. I believe there is a chance of Idunn surpass Robin during this and the next hour, and make Robin trigger the 7.5x multipliers in the final hour. 

It looks like we're in Same Hell this hour, so if Idunn triggers a multiplier next hour, Grima might be the one bringing 7 years of darkness this Gauntlet.

Very nice, 800 flags dumped for Grima. Let's see if Idunn can tank the multiplier since it's not an actual 7.5x difference anymore, so she might have a chance. That gain in same status last hour was pretty big.

Looks like it's all down to brute force for the final hour. Grima's multiplier is a bit more than double Idunn's and Idunn's team is a bit smaller than double Grima's, but Idunn's up 1.3 billion points. I'm predicting a Grima victory, but who knows?

I almost forgot to play in the final hour again, but thankfully didn't this round.  I currently at rank 138 overall, so I guess being the underdog every round has its advantages.

Huh, I think I checked 5 minutes after the hour and it still showed same hell, almost tricked me into thinking it had updated and I'd have to burn my last batch of flags without a multiplier. Luckily I held off waiting for my last stamina to regen (which it will do in a few minutes).

36 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

753f8f64bd.jpg

the   end.

34 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Very nice, 800 flags dumped for Grima. Let's see if Idunn can tank the multiplier since it's not an actual 7.5x difference anymore, so she might have a chance. That gain in same status last hour was pretty big.

Me too, I dumped 800 flags for Grima. Did Idunn get an Edurance multiplier?

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Looks like it's all down to brute force for the final hour. Grima's multiplier is a bit more than double Idunn's and Idunn's team is a bit smaller than double Grima's, but Idunn's up 1.3 billion points. I'm predicting a Grima victory, but who knows?

This one was pretty neck and neck

Male Grima wins!  Top 1K overall and just barely missed top 10K for my army in the final round.

For those of you who used my predictor - what did you think of it?  I welcome all feedback and constructive criticism.

It appears both sides get an endurance multiplier if the margin is less than 1%, other than the very first hour.  I assume this is to get us out of same hell faster.  The predictor you folks have access to account for this yet, which threw some of the predictions towards the end of the final round significantly off.  There is also apparently no "afterglow", i.e. increased votes after a disadvantage multiplier, unlike with the old system, so I'll have to eliminate that.  I have been working on a newer version privately that does account the endurance multiplier when it's same hell, and it seems to run a lot better and give better predictions.  A lot of work will need to be done to hopefully get the predictions within 10% of the actual value.

Thank you again @Diovani Bressan for sharing the link to the predictor, and I look forward to the next VG, when I hope it will work a bit better!

1 hour ago, Lemmy said:

ended with close to 2000 flags, im going to need to pace myself better

What I did towards the end was use single battle ballots, and maxed out flag usage on multiplier rounds.

53 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

And I forgot to play the final hour. FML - especially because I lost two orbs and countless feathers.

Life always gets in the way of FEH for me.

Same here, but it looks like my inattention didn't change anything.  Phew!

---

Was busy winning in a children's card game, so I missed a good chunk of the final round.  Glad that I was on the winning side!  Also amused that I hit over 1,000,000 points.  Was in the top 1,000 for a time, but probably tanked after joining that tournament.  No regrets~!

Grima won in the end huh, it has been a while since I have been on the winning team from the start. Guess he is joining New Years Azura in the 'won two Voting Gauntlets' club.