Games you want, but you know they will never become real

MisterIceTeaPeach

Are there any games you dreamed of being exiyting, but you know they never become real? 

Here are a few of mine:

• Fire Emblem fighting game
  • Super Smash Bros gacha game (with more characters than in the main series) 
  • Super Princess Zelda (a platformer or action adventure you can only control her) 
  • New F-Zero game
Edited by Little Princess

• A Shonen Jump crossover fighter made by Arc Systems.
  • An "Anime All Stars Vs Video Games All Stars" crossover fighting game.
  • Marvel Vs Capcom 4.

Breath of Fire 7. 
Square-Enix Allstars fighting game
New Lufia Game
New Donkey Kong Racing game. (Oriented on the one which was cancelt for GC).
Grandia 4
New Golden Sun. 
New Soul Blazer game. (Soul Blazer, Illusion of Time/Gaia, Terranigma).

A Rareware smasbros game. Not Rareware chars in Nintendo's smashbros. An All rareware crossover fighting game.

A legend of Zelda game with "competing" parties in the style of Wiz 7 (hard to explain)

Burning Rangers 2

A fighting game RPG with the gimmick of realtime with pause macros to counter enemies who would in turn fight with macros themselves.

A Fire Emblem game that included back most of Pool of Radiance's  combat mechanics Or better yet Knights of the Chalice with all skirmishes and no overworld RPG timewasting.

• A Final Fantasy game that's actually good.
  • A new Onimusha game
  • New Advance Wars
12 minutes ago, Roland said:
  • Marvel Vs Capcom 4.

Since when was an MVC4 impossible? Disney has said they're not interested in games, but Marvel clearly feels the opposite seeing as how Ultimate Alliance 3 is a thing.

A good post shadow dragon fire emblem

seconding fighter emblem (legally required to be the name)

there is a part of me that would like a spectrobes revival, but no one has cared about that series in over a decade and disney interactive doesn't exist anymore (Oh crap, I just hardcore dated myself with that one)

6 minutes ago, Decerd said:

Since when was an MVC4 impossible? Disney has said they're not interested in games, but Marvel clearly feels the opposite seeing as how Ultimate Alliance 3 is a thing.

I dunno. After how hard Infinite flopped, I just have the feeling that neither company will want to invest in another installment. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

A Hyperdimension Neptunia fighting game made by ArcSys

22 minutes ago, AzureEclipse said:

A xenoblade warriors game. Thankfully it would be able to fit all the major characters from each game, and it’s the logical next choice for a warriors spinoff after fire emblem.

Nah, that's super likely actually. One of the directors from Koei Tecmo said he was very open to the idea, along with Ys Warriors. And if Warriors featuring Nintendo games would still be a thing, Xenoblade is pretty much the only one left that they can do.

What's more unlikely is Xeno Warriors. Same idea but in addition to Xenoblade characters, Xenogears and Xenosaga characters would also be featured. Namco could easily provide Xenosaga but Square Enix is too stubborn to allow Xenogears to be used (which is hilarious because they hardly care about it).

And somehow, no one has mentioned the truly obvious: a Pokemon game that will allow you to visit every region (a la Ash Ketchum) whilst allowing you to start in whichever you choose, and you are able to catch EVERY SINGLE POKEMON, including Mythicals.

an actually innovative pokemon game

a trails of cold steel port for nintendo switch

genealogy's canceled third generation

tellius's canceled third game

a fire emblem spin-off which represents every game of the series equally

a xenosaga remake collection

FFVI Remake

49 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

A good post shadow dragon fire emblem

seconding fighter emblem (legally required to be the name)

and these (except for echoes, which i liked a lot)

Edited by Yexin

Oh yeah, I wanna add a new Pokemon Colosseum spin-off. Seriously,  could you imagine Mega Shadow Pokemon for bosses? That would be REALLY sick. Plus, XD kinda left off with one dude swearing revenge. Follow up on that.

4 minutes ago, Dai said:

Oh yeah, I wanna add a new Pokemon Colosseum spin-off. Seriously,  could you imagine Mega Shadow Pokemon for bosses? That would be REALLY sick. Plus, XD kinda left off with one dude swearing revenge. Follow up on that.

Nice, dude. I actually proposed a "game 3" as my dream pokemon game in the past. 

I'm generally cautious about naming games I think would never happen, because I've been proven wrong so many times in the past. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite shut me up when I complained that Disney doesn't want to make any games out of Marvel properties. Streets of Rage is getting a new game. Classic Mega Man got a sequel that doesn't have NES sprites. Resident Evil 2 got a well deserved remake that didn't cut any of the content. Shenmue 1 and 2 got an HD Collection with transfer compatibility actually working. All these Crash Bandicoot remasters are probably leading up to a brand new game. 

Guild Wars 3 in the vein of Guild Wars 1. 

Chroma, the rhythm FPS by Harmonix, to resume development.

Fire Emblem Warriors 2. 

Fire Emblem Diablo-style game.

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones remake.

Fire Emblem Path of Radiance remastered.

Shining Force Trilogy remastered.

Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning 2.

Pokemon game without EVs or IVs. 

A new Megaman Battle Network game or a spiritual successor that plays like one

A Fire Emblem fighting game or even a spinoff where it is more of a classic RPG instead of a strategy RPG

A non-linear mainline RPG Pokémon game where the starters are not grass, fire or water types.

A Paper Mario game in the style of the first two.

A Trails Of fighting game or some other spinoff title with the cast of various titles together.

Edited by NSSKG151

2 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

A new Megaman Battle Network game or a spiritual successor that plays like one

I agree with this. It would be nice if it weren't like MMBN4, though. I really wasn't too fond of that one. I'm honestly one of those that would want it to be like MMBN3, Battle wise, I mean.

Edited by lightcosmo

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I agree with this. It would be nice if it weren't like MMBN4, though. I really wasn't too fond of that one. I'm honestly one of those that would want it to be like MMBN3, Battle wise, I mean.

Yeah, MMBN4 had a lot of problems. Story reeked of post script season since MMBN3 was supposed to be the finale. The plot should have focused on fighting the Nebula Syndicate and moved the tournament arc stuff as a optional thing that could be repeated anytime so I wouldn't have to play New Game+ three times to unlock everything. It is also riddled with blind idiot translations though some I like ironicly like 'Look at those many electrical store' and 'What a nice man she was'. Also, I felt Double Soul was a step down from Style Change since only a handful of them were good plus Full Synchro is easy to achieve with good Karma and arguably more useful.

MMBN2 and MMBN3 would be the best to use as a base since they were the pinnacle of the MMBN series though I also liked MMBN5 which I am kind of bias towards since it was the first MMBN game I played. The Liberation Missions were interesting and the game in general was a vast improvement over what MMBN4 did since it did a better job balancing between Liberation Missions and Boss Stages compared to the garbled mess MMBN4 did with the Nebula Syndicate, incoming meteor and tournament arcs.

Hmm...

Ogre Battle - Just a continuation of the franchise. I loved the games, but then Square took over and re-purposed the devs. Sadly, I don't think Ogre Battle will ever be finished (a series was planned and games did not take place in chronological order if I recall correctly).

Grandia IV - Okay, I only ever played Grandia II, but I absolutely loved the combat. Trails in the Sky is similar in a sense, but I like seeing the moving character icons on the bars. Having it automatically queue it up can be nice, but I want my loading bar screens damnit.

Skies of Arcadia II - I only played the Dreamcast version and loved the cameo Vyse and Akira make in Valkyria Chronicles. I know the Gamecube port of Legends adds some more content, but I think the franchise is dead.

Classic Paper Mario - While I loved Super Paper Mario for what it was, Sticker Star and beyond are not what I was looking for. I hear Color Splash has some interesting elements in it, but it does not seem to be up to standard to the original or Thousand Year Door. So yeah, new Paper Mario game with awesome story, "unique" enemies and NPCs instead of always being Mario staples, and the classic partner combat and we're good.
Bonus points if the Dojo and Diva return from the original game. I always loved them.

I would cry if we ever got an Arc Sys(/French Bread)-developed Fate/ fighting game. There's so much potential to even make a brand new continuity off such a spin-off even with fan favorites. But I'd expect TYPE-MOON to shirk the /Grand Order name onto it.

Warcraft 4 *Gets ready to shakes fists at World of Warcraft for the 15th anniversary.*

A Golden Sun 4 that wraps up the cliffhanger Dark Dawn left.

Ape Escape 4, pretty sad that Sony won't do anything to try and reinvigorate this franchise.

Omega Boost sequel.  Why did this have to be a one off?

New Colony Wars game, I'd even settle for a reboot.

Extermination (PS2) sequel.  Another unfortunate one off.

A Psycho-Pass game that plays like Watch Dogs.

Pretty much an epic AAA production game of any of my favorite anime ever made.

A Legend of Dragoon sequel. Y?  Seriously Y?

Lunar 3.  Okay, to be fair I'm probably the only one who even knows this franchise ever existed.

Biggest Wish of All:

Tetsuya Takahashi's Xenogears Episode 1-4 and most of all 6.  The Xenogears we all know is Episode 5.  I know some of the Xeno games that came after are supposed to be reworkings of what 1-4 probably would have been so at least we have that going for us.  What an "Episode 6" would have been however, I will bang my head against the walls trying to comprehend what it could have been until the day I die.

8 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

there is a part of me that would like a spectrobes revival, but no one has cared about that series in over a decade and disney interactive doesn't exist anymore (Oh crap, I just hardcore dated myself with that one)

Wow, I thought I was the only one who played that franchise.  I'd add this to my list as well.