April Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

Do you think the number of heroes on Legendary banners will increase from 12 to 16?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the number of heroes on Legendary banners will increase from 12 to 16?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, Fire Emblem Heroes itself doesn't make a whole lot of sense but sometimes you just got to sit back and enjoy the ride even through the parts that you hate or that you find disappointing. 

These kinds of threads are always insightful to read and I'd be so down for another Celica alt! Thanks for the list, OP!

13 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Same logic as making Mia be the very first flying healer in Heroes. Canon does not matter. 

Yeah, and that illogical decision is why I said I don't expect Elincia to be a legendary before Micaiah.

3 minutes ago, carefreejules said:

Honestly, Fire Emblem Heroes itself doesn't make a whole lot of sense but sometimes you just got to sit back and enjoy the ride even through the parts that you hate or that you find disappointing. 

These kinds of threads are always insightful to read and I'd be so down for another Celica alt! Thanks for the list, OP!

I wouldn't be opposed to Celica getting a legendary alt with her Rigain overclass...but I think Alm should get one first. He's long overdue for an alt at this point.

I second Interdimensional Observer's legendary Leif. Actually, I've been wanting legendary Leif with a staff for a long time. And if not him, then Seliph with a staff. We should get a Jugdral legendary.

2 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I wouldn't be opposed to Celica getting a legendary alt with her Rigain overclass...but I think Alm should get one first. He's long overdue for an alt at this point.

Definitely! I'm surprised he still only has one. pls bring Conrad into Heroes IS I beg of you

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and that illogical decision is why I said I don't expect Elincia to be a legendary before Micaiah.

If she's a legendary at all. 

There are a bunch of others in need of one. 

• Eliwood
  • Seliph
  • Sigurd
  • Leif
  • Chrom
  • Corrin
  • Xander
  • Alm
  • Celica

And of course, Micaiah.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

• Eliwood
  • Seliph
  • Sigurd
  • Leif
  • Chrom
  • Corrin
  • Xander
  • Alm
  • Celica

And of course, Micaiah.

You forgot Elincia. But I'm aware.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually, when I said, "if she's a legendary at all", I was referring to Elincia.

Oh, sorry. I thought you were talking about Micaiah.

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I second Interdimensional Observer's legendary Leif. Actually, I've been wanting legendary Leif with a staff for a long time. And if not him, then Seliph with a staff. We should get a Jugdral legendary.

I totally would be down for Master Knight Leif and Knight Lord Seliph as Legendary Heroes. I don't see either of them being staff users though.

39 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

What element fits him IYO? Earth, wind, water or fire? 

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I still think Elincia should be the next Tellius legendary and not Micaiah. And not so much because I don't like Micaiah either, but because she'd be a boring infantry healer while Elincia would be a flying healer and the only flying healers we have so far are seasonal. We need this first.

Though of course, IS makes a lot of bad decisions, so...I'm not really expecting this.

First of all, in the recent months we got as many flying healers (Mia and Sakura) as we got infantry healers (Mikoto and Loki), so it's not like flying healers are a novelty anymore. And you make such a big deal out of Elincia being the first to not be seasonal, as if she would be an easily obtainable flying healer. I find legendary banners so cruel that I think it's easier to pull seasonals than specific legendary heroes.

You say that just because she is infantry, she would be boring and a bad choice, yet two months ago they managed to make Legendary Roy interesting. And he was infantry sword, the most boring class in the game. You are passing judgement upon Legendary Micaiah before even seeing what IS would do with her.

I sincerely believe that your bias for Elincia and against Micaiah as characters is severly blinding your judgement over them as units. Even when evidence points to the contrary. The two versions of Micaiah we have are both stellar units, very high on tier lists. So we have no reason to suspect another version of her would be anything short of fantastic.

Unless we are secretly hoping for her to suck because of a deep hatred and a desire to see her fail.

17 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

What element fits him IYO? Earth, wind, water or fire? 

I guess maybe either Earth or Wind. Probably Earth

53 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

• Eliwood
  • Seliph
  • Sigurd
  • Leif
  • Chrom
  • Corrin
  • Xander
  • Alm
  • Celica

And of course, Micaiah.

I don't think Chrom, Corrin, and Xander really need legendary variants considering they already have a bunch of alts, but the rest definitely

5 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

First of all, in the recent months we got as many flying healers (Mia and Sakura) as we got infantry healers (Mikoto and Loki), so it's not like flying healers are a novelty anymore. And you make such a big deal out of Elincia being the first to not be seasonal, as if she would be an easily obtainable flying healer. I find legendary banners so cruel that I think it's easier to pull seasonals than specific legendary heroes.

You're completely missing my point. We have tons of infantry healers already while flying healer is very rare. That's all I'm saying.

6 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I sincerely believe that your bias for Elincia and against Micaiah as characters is severly blinding your judgement over them as units.

lol, then you believe wrong. I won't deny that I have some bias for Elincia, but it's not clouding my judgement in the least bit. I'm pointing out facts.

7 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

The two versions of Micaiah we have are both stellar units, very high on tier lists. So we have no reason to suspect another version of her would be anything short of fantastic.

And one of those has a tome that hits both cavalry and armors for effective damage while the other has that as well AND is a dancer, which are useful things. A legendary healer infantry Micaiah will most definitely not have those.

I adore Micaiah. My orbs would not be able to handle another Micaiah right now so I'm hoping they hold off xD I do usually skip legendary banners though so (unless it's a Tellian) I'm generally more than happy to ignore the new one. I do hope it's someone with few versions though for their fans :)

39 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I totally would be down for Master Knight Leif and Knight Lord Seliph as Legendary Heroes. I don't see either of them being staff users though.

Well MK Leif can't have a weapon called "Everything but Dark, B+ Light, Holy Weapons, and Shapeshifter Stuff". Nor can he be of an exclusive Gold Color with WTA vs. everything. So, what would he get?

• A Sword? The Bragi Sword in particular would make sense because FE5. But it would be real boring (although does a Sword Cav Legendary exist yet?) and a waste of showing the versatility of Master Knight.
  • A Lance? Maybe the Gae Bolg in an alt canon where he has the blood to use it? Slim chance. I don't think FEH does such alt-selves though.
  • An Axe? Why? Not bad regarding LHs, and it is proof of versatility, but nothing stands out.
  • A Bow? Again, not sure why. Not bad, but not good either.
  • A Tome? Maybe Tornado since he usually gets in FE4 that barring LewynxTailtiu when Tine takes it, would be fine. And it shows additional versatility since it is magical and not physical.
  • A Dagger? Well Jugdral doesn't have these, so it'd be weird. If proof Master Knight is even more adaptable than we already thought it was. 
  • A Staff is probably the best. Since it is Colorless, it makes him normally immune to WTD, suitable for the weakness-free Master Knight, if not getting WTA either. It is magical too, showing that sheer versatility. And one could spin it as connecting him to his mother Ethlyn the Troubadour. All he needs is for someone to invent an awesome signature Staff for him, which isn't a problem.

As for Legendary Seliph, I'd go all the way with his Minor Naga and throw him some Light Magic on a horse. Baldr was also a Crusader closely associated with light. Although a Staff because Deidre I guess is a possibility. 

6 hours ago, Mercakete said:

THIS IS HALLOWEEN. The Nightmare Before Christmas reference practically writes itself. Technically, they're in costume, I guess? Anyway, this typo was fun/cute.

Oops, yeah I definitely just copy+paste the previous thread and type over the old stuff, sometimes I forget to change a few things.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: Oh yeah, you put Sephiran as a contender and not Elincia? That doesn't even make sense.

It's cuz I forgoooooot. The list is just me throwing some ideas out there to get the discussion started, really. I almost put Xander in there for giggles.

5 minutes ago, Johann said:

It's cuz I forgoooooot. The list is just me throwing some ideas out there to get the discussion started, really. I almost put Xander in there for giggles.

I didn't realize Elincia was so unpopular/disliked that people just forget she exists sometimes. That's just not right, she deserves much better for how amazingly written and beautiful she is. I'm always going to hate that she isn't liked (and don't try to contest this, she repeatedly scores low in CYL).

Why wouldn't anyone want to see her in Heroes in this design, her Queen look?

280?cb=20170727152756

Really ought to be a legendary form if you ask me, this outfit just screams it.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't realize Elincia was so unpopular/disliked that people just forget she exists sometimes

It isn't always forgetfulness due to lack of caring. If you're writing a long list for analysis, at least in my case, sometimes people just slip through your mind. When I was considering who from Archanea stood a chance of getting in and who didn't, I accidentally forgot Phina, despite her being Archanea's dancer unit, and therefore certain to eventually get in FEH.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

(and don't try to contest this, she repeatedly scores low in CYL).

CYL results:

Spoiler

CYL1:

112 RD

262 PoR

Combining her votes (and not anyone else's) would have shot her up to around the 80s.

CYL2:

118 RD

196 PoR

Combined (and not doing the same for anyone else) would have put her at ~70

CYL3:

Overall, for the hundreds of characters in FE, this isn't bad. Not super popular, but you also have to consider CYL is partly about determining who people want in the game, and Elincia already was at CYLs 2 & 3. You also need consider the fanbase of FEH including many who have never played Tellius and hence have not had the chance to encounter her in her base game.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Ryoma doesn't fit Water at all to me. He seems more like a Fire or Earth guy to me. Marth does not fit Fire at all to me either, he seems more like Water. That's just how I feel.

Micaiah fits Earth because she's Dark? What? What kind of logic is that?

Ryoma is associated with Raijinto's lightning, and in the classical elements, lightning falls either under fire due to its association with heat or water due to its association with storms.

Marth has the Fire Emblem. It is fire. He is also the "Hero of Light", and light is associated with fire under the classical elements.

Light originates from the heavens, from the sun and the moon, so the natural opposite is that darkness comes from the earth as shadows form on the black soil. Of the classical elements, darkness associates most with earth.

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Same logic as making Mia be the very first flying healer in Heroes. Canon does not matter. 

Seasonal alts (and similar themed alts) have zero reason to care about canon.

Celica, Hardin, Hinoka, and Reinhardt are canon. Olwen canonically has access to Wind magic.

Eirika rides a horse after promotion and could reasonably have been taught to use dark magic by Lyon when they hung out. (And giving Gleipnir to anyone else was pretty much not going to happen since they seem to want to keep the Sacred Twins on the royals.)

Nino is a continuation of her support conversations with Florina, and has castle and tap quotes that directly reference lines from their their supports.

Chrom has Paladin as one of his default reclass options. Lucina has Sniper as one of her default reclass options. Olivia has Pegasus Knight as one of her default reclass options. Azura has Sky Knight as one of her default reclass options. Ryoma has Kinshi Knight as one of his default reclass options.

The remaining Legendary Heroes are all canon, minus Mulagir being available to Lyn.

52 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't realize Elincia was so unpopular/disliked that people just forget she exists sometimes. That's just not right, she deserves much better for how amazingly written and beautiful she is. I'm always going to hate that she isn't liked (and don't try to contest this, she repeatedly scores low in CYL).

I forgot she could use staves, sue me

A new colorless legendary is kind of hard to predict. There aren't a whole lot of candidates for the available weapons. Dagger? Sothe is the only potential one, and I don't see him getting a legendary until 2022 at the soonest. Dragon? There are a few candidates (Corrin, Ninian), but I don't think that's happening again so soon after Duma. Bow? There aren't many candidates for bows in the first place, and those that exist (Alm, Takumi...anyone else?) I doubt we'll see here. Plus it seems like they want legendary bows to be colored.

So that leaves staff which, unsurprisingly, seems to be the majority of the predictions. I don't think Micaiah or Elincia will happen immediately after Yune, but if it is one of them I think Micaiah will come first (and as either cavalry or flying). I want to say staff Corrin is a good possibility, but I also feel like a legendary Corrin would have Omega Yato, so maybe not. Celica does seem like a definite possibility.

57 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It isn't always forgetfulness due to lack of caring. If you're writing a long list for analysis, at least in my case, sometimes people just slip through your mind. When I was considering who from Archanea stood a chance of getting in and who didn't, I accidentally forgot Phina, despite her being Archanea's dancer unit, and therefore certain to eventually get in FEH.

That's fair, I guess.

58 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Overall, for the hundreds of characters in FE, this isn't bad. Not super popular, but you also have to consider CYL is partly about determining who people want in the game, and Elincia already was at CYLs 2 & 3. You also need consider the fanbase of FEH including many who have never played Tellius and hence have not had the chance to encounter her in her base game.

Yeah, and those placings are low when you consider how many Tellius characters scored higher. Several did, even in CYL1.

52 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ryoma is associated with Raijinto's lightning, and in the classical elements, lightning falls either under fire due to its association with heat or water due to its association with storms.

Marth has the Fire Emblem. It is fire. He is also the "Hero of Light", and light is associated with fire under the classical elements.

...Um, so what? I still don't think those elements really fit with them as characters.

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Light originates from the heavens, from the sun and the moon, so the natural opposite is that darkness comes from the earth as shadows form on the black soil. Of the classical elements, darkness associates most with earth.

...Uh...what? Like I said, I don't understand this logic. Darkness has nothing to do with the Earth. It's the absence of light, nothing more.

...Um, so what? I still don't think those elements really fit with them as characters.

It's still better justification than "he feels like he should be earth to me".

...Uh...what? Like I said, I don't understand this logic. Darkness has nothing to do with the Earth. It's the absence of light, nothing more.

The four classical elements are alchemy, not science. Therefore, the logic should be based in alchemy, not science.

That said, "the absence of light" immediately indicates that darkness cannot be fire, which is light and heat itself ascending to the heavens, or wind, the air and atmosphere, next-closest to the heavens.