April Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

Do you think the number of heroes on Legendary banners will increase from 12 to 16?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the number of heroes on Legendary banners will increase from 12 to 16?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I forget, do we have an idea for what color this Legendary Hero will be? If it's colorless, I can see Conqueror Alm as a bow user

This one should be colorless, yeah.

I have the feeling this legendary is going to be female since 2 female then 2 male legendary/mythic has been the pattern.  Since it will be colorless this time I will guess Micaiah, but this only a guess and I am fine with being wrong.

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

I have the feeling this legendary is going to be female since 2 female then 2 male legendary/mythic has been the pattern.  Since it will be colorless this time I will guess Micaiah, but this only a guess and I am fine with being wrong.

Uhh... I thought the 2 male>2 female>repeat pattern was broken a while ago? If anything, it should be a guy. It started 2f>2m>2f>2m then it trickled to alternating every month instead of every other. Fjorm-Gunnthra-Ike-Ephraim-F!Grima-Lyn-Hector-Ryoma-Lucina-Eirika-Marth-Tiki-Hríd-Azura-Eir-Duma-Roy-Yune

looking closer now that I lay it out, they may have just done an error in the pattern when it came to Hríd's inclusion. Or I have the order wrong, but I think that's how they came out.

16 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Uhh... I thought the 2 male>2 female>repeat pattern was broken a while ago? If anything, it should be a guy. It started 2f>2m>2f>2m then it trickled to alternating every month instead of every other. Fjorm-Gunnthra-Ike-Ephraim-F!Grima-Lyn-Hector-Ryoma-Lucina-Eirika-Marth-Tiki-Hríd-Azura-Eir-Duma-Roy-Yune

looking closer now that I lay it out, they may have just done an error in the pattern when it came to Hríd's inclusion. Or I have the order wrong, but I think that's how they came out.

Marth was the one after Lucina, then Tiki, then Erika and Eir was before Azura.  The rest of your list is right.  I think they did those 4 that way so Hrid would be the legendary hero when they did the OC banners.  I still would say a female legendary is likely, but like I said I am only guessing.

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

Marth was the one after Lucina, then Tiki, then Erika and Eir was before Azura.  The rest of your list is right.  I think they did those 4 that way so Hrid would be the legendary hero when they did the OC banners.  I still would say a female legendary is likely, but like I said I am only guessing.

Right, right, I knew I had a mix-up there. They'll probably do a female Legendary only because IS loved to make them more. Still think we should get a string of 3 guys to make up for Eirika-Eir-Azura. Maybe not three, but at least two back-to-back male Legendaries/Mythics. Women currently outnumber the guys...in a game where the vast majority of the main cast is Male. I know the whole "gender equality" thing people try to write it off as, but there really is such a thing as too much. If they wanted to keep things even, they should've kept to the 2>2 cycle instead of making that weird break for the end of Book 2. 

Sorry, but it just irks me when I see that.

I'd prefer that Alm be a red bow when/if he gets a legendary. BECAUSE WHY DON'T WE HAVE A PLAYABLE RED BOW YET? We have multiple blue and green bows!

Colorless legendary will be either legendary Elincia as a flying healer or legendary Micaiah as an infantry healer, I'm 100% certain. Unless IS decides to pull some weird move like making a colorless tome or sword, lance, or axe.

I don't have many orbs now after pulling for picnic Lukas, but I'll still be so happy if it's legendary flying healer Elincia!

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd prefer that Alm be a red bow when/if he gets a legendary. BECAUSE WHY DON'T WE HAVE A PLAYABLE RED BOW YET? We have multiple blue and green bows!

Colorless legendary will be either legendary Elincia as a flying healer or legendary Micaiah as an infantry healer, I'm 100% certain. Unless IS decides to pull some weird move like making a colorless tome or sword, lance, or axe.

I don't have many orbs now after pulling for picnic Lukas, but I'll still be so happy if it's legendary flying healer Elincia!

I'd be fine with Conqueror Alm being either red or colorless, but if it means getting Conqueror Alm sooner rather than later, I'll take him as colorless. Plus, it's always nice to have more colorless legendary heroes after a year of Female Grima being the only one.

2 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I'd be fine with Conqueror Alm being either red or colorless, but if it means getting Conqueror Alm sooner rather than later, I'll take him as colorless. Plus, it's always nice to have more colorless legendary heroes after a year of Female Grima being the only one.

Yeah, it would be nice to have more colorless legendaries, but as pointed out, Elincia and Micaiah are options there too. xP

3 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Colourless is better anyway for turning Alm into an omega tank in AR. I'm assuming you'll invest heavily into him so him being colourless would be in your best interest. It also means more consistency in taking out fliers of all colours as opposed to just two colours due to WTD partially negating some of the effective damage. 

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, it would be nice to have more colorless legendaries, but as pointed out, Elincia and Micaiah are options there too. xP

I know, but in this case, why not all three as colorless legendaries? :P

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Colourless is better anyway for turning Alm into an omega tank in AR. I'm assuming you'll invest heavily into him so him being colourless would be in your best interest. It also means more consistency in taking out fliers of all colours as opposed to just two colours due to WTD partially negating some of the effective damage. 

I'm not super into the meta, but I would try to get Conqueror Alm for sure.

4 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I know, but in this case, why not all three as colorless legendaries? :P

Because we really need a playable red bow. IS added colored bows and then some playable ones. Why have the third colored bow around if you're not going to give us a playable one? And Alm is the best shot for one right now beyond any seasonals or something like red bow Shinon and I doubt we're getting anymore Tellius units for awhile beyond potential legendary Elincia and Micaiah.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Additional correction: Hector was after Ryoma, not before.

I don't know what to expect as Legendary Hero... Maybe he/she will be from a game that will have a banner next month, just like how we got Roy before the Binding Blade Banner, or Yune before the Radiant Dawn Banner. Of course it's not guaranteed, because we got Duma in January, without a Echoes Banner, or when we got Tiki in September, without a Shadow Dragon banner.

I want to believe that colorless bow Alm will be this month's legendary hero but I don't know if IS would consider him a big enough deal to release on Golden Week. A think a girl is more likely to hype up Golden Week like they did last year with Lyn so I am going to guess Celica, Micaiah or some other big name female character who could be colorless instead. An outside the box idea I have though is cavalry colorless bow Chrom since identical to how Lucina could class change into the Archer class he could class change into Bow Knight

Speaking of Golden Week, anyone think it is possible they release the trailer early like they did last year? I think last year it was up five days before the banner came out.

On 4/20/2019 at 3:44 PM, Sunwoo said:

Leif. Or Seliph. Or Sigurd. It's ridiculous how Jugdral doesn't have a single legendary or mythic.

Indeed it is. 

It's part of why I really do think they've blacklisted the Jugdral games to some extent.

Looking forward to future months:

• May: Hrid, Eirika, Tiki, Lyn, Duma
  • June: Ryoma, Ephraim, Lucina, Yune, Gunnthra, Robin
  • July: Ike, Marth, Fjorm, Azura, Hector, Alm, Eir
  • August: Roy

It seems that July will bump up the elemental hero count per banner again, to 8. It's also looking like the colors may be red for June and green for July, since those colors are shorter on returning elemental heroes than the others.

Edit:

Alm's banner shows as good as any that there are plenty of surprises here, but the increasing legendary count might simplify things. My guesses:

• May: Hrid, Eirika, NY Gunnthra, Tiki, Ylgr, [New Mythic], Lyn, NY Fjorm, Kaden, Duma, NY Laevatein, Velouria
  • June: Ryoma, NY Hrid, [New Legendary], Ephraim, Lucina, Selkie, Gunnthra, Yune, Onsen Hinoka, Robin, Onsen Sakura, Caineghis
  • July: Ike, Marth, Onsen Elise, Fjorm, Azura, Onsen Ryoma, Hector, Valentine's Mist, [New Mythic], Alm, Eir, ???

Colorless runs low on characters again, but there will probably be someone suitable on a New Heroes banner in May or June, which is apparently enough of a gap based on Sue. Or they could just rerun Veronica again.

If they ever turn the banners into 9 legendaries + 3 seasonals, that'll take care of the New Heroes issue entirely. Although that would have to mean some sort of consistent 3/2/2/2 split of legendaries, which still seems a bit rough on green and colorless. Both of those colors still only have 4 elemental heroes each, although my list predicts a fifth green one soon and we could get a fifth colorless one not too long afterward. In a rather extreme scenario, they could have all of that in place in time for:

• August: Roy, Eirika, Valentine's Ike, Tiki, [May Mythic], Valentine's Soren, Lyn, Gunnthra, Valentine's Greil, Duma, Robin, [New Legendary]

That seems a bit hasty, but I wasn't expecting them to jump up to 7 or 8 this fast either. Still, where would they go from there? They'd have to cut into seasonal space for any more. Which... at our current rate of getting seasonal units, it's already faster than how fast they rerun. Are they going to start skipping seasonal units at some point?

It's be kind of boring to have elemental hero banners get completely taken over by elemental heroes, tbh.

Edited by Othin

NEXT MONTH'S THREAD:

Please use the most recent thread if you intend to make posts about future banners. Feel free to use this thread for analysis of trends, etc.