Odds of beast versions of the main characters' kids?

Alastor15243

So considering that in two banners they've gone through a heck of a lot of the popular beast units, I'm wondering what they'll do next. Obviously the cat tribespeople of Tellius are a likely candidate for later down the line, along with whatever the hell they plan to do for armored beast units (my money's on the lions and tigers), but another idea occurred to me... What if they made a banner featuring the main characters' kids in the timelines where they're part beast? What if there was a banner that had, say, Panne!Morgan, Keaton!Kana, and Kaden!Shigure?

Personally I'd love to see this, mostly because due to art never changing beyond hair color, we never really got to see Morgan, Kana or Shigure's nonhuman heritage in their appearance unless they reclassed to their shifter class. We never got to see Morgan with bunny ears, or Kana with a tail, or anything like that, and personally I'd be interested to see them given that treatment. Plus it'd make for interesting dialogue for them, since they'd be the children of a definitive couple, and therefore they'd be able to talk non-vaguely about both of their parents.

Or, better yet... if I can dare to dream here... what about dracowolf Kana, showing the dual-shifting dragon-wolf hybrid the original game never allowed for,  goring foes with his mighty werewolf horn and dragon antlers, smashing enemies with his giant claws and blasting water on his foes between attacks?

What do you think the odds are of a banner like this happening?

8 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

They don't like confirming potential couples, but it's possible they could make anyone a werewolf for halloween though

And yet they have not yet given me my casanova who transforms into the Love Dragon via Eau du Dragonne yet. Nor my child character who eats so much candy their hyperactivity gives them scales and Saccharine Breath. 

The only Breath users, so far, in Seasonal form are Summer Young Tiki, Vampyrrh, and Faedeer. All canonically Manaketes.

I would therefore assume the same of Seasonal Beast units for the time being. That they would only be those who are canonical Beasts.

As for the topic at hand, I don't see it happening. IS does not like confirming any pairing that isn't 100% canon. Not SumiaxChrom, not EliwoodxNinian, and certainly nothing for the self-insert sexual omnivores called Robin and Corrin. They continue this way even with the invention of a multiverse which could render all pairings canon somewhere including Mystletainn as Ophelia's mother.

23 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I would absolutely LOVE a taguel Morgan if ONLY to see morgan with cute bunny ears and tail. I know I’m a degenerate shut up.

I second this because Panne was the waifu and bunny Morgan is hella cute.

Anyway, I don’t expect a banner like this to happen anytime soon. The closest thing to having non-beast characters appear as beast characters would be in a seasonal Halloween banner dressed as werewolves or other creatures. Maybe spring too because Taguels (come on IS. You missed your chance this spring banner) And honestly, until we run out of canon beast units to add, I would prefer that over something like adding them in a New Heroes banner like Adrift.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

I think they're more likely to make more beasts as alts of existing ones. 

As for armored beasts, I'm leaning towards thinking those will be dragon laguz, with the standard "armored beast" weapon effect pulling a Loptous and including a weakness to dragon-slaying weapons. Maybe also the ability to receive dragon buffs if they think they have a good way to implement that, although the weird thing is that they wouldn't be able to equip dragon-buff skills themselves.

Surprised at all the nos with how often people suggested Dragon!Roy in the past. Also I had no idea that Morgan and Kana could become beast units. Gross. Branded aren't supposed to have that ability. And Awakening has the gall to suggest it takes place in the same universe as Tellius? I'm going to be sick.

I'd be fine with Dragon Morgan and Beast Morgan and Kana, don't really think it confirms any kind of pairings as canon seeing as these Heroes are all summoned from different worlds anyway~ I've thought about them as potential alts and it would be cool, though I don't expect it.

But on this note, I'd also like to see Kanas in their Nohr and Hoshido Noble classes, too.

29 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Surprised at all the nos with how often people suggested Dragon!Roy in the past. Also I had no idea that Morgan and Kana could become beast units. Gross. Branded aren't supposed to have that ability. And Awakening has the gall to suggest it takes place in the same universe as Tellius? I'm going to be sick.

Why should Branded logic have to apply to other types of beast shifters?

It's not like dragon laguz and Manaketes work the same way. Hell, we've already had people transform with half or less dragon blood.

I think the only Beast Unit Children that existed in the Fire Emblem series were Yarne from Awakening and Selkie and Velouria from Fates. And the only human children that can get Beast Blood types from the Beast Parents were Morgan from Awakening and Kana and Shigure from Fates.

I think the Beast version of Morgan, Kana, and Shigure would most be unlikely to fight in Heroes since they did seemed to appear more human in Heroes. I think they might've would getting alts if there is an alternate timeline that they came from would appear happen for one of the campaigns or paralogues.

Edited by King Marth 64

I want my bunny dragons (I got Yarne and Nah to S in Awakening) and my heron-wolved (Nailah and Rafiel's half-wolf, half-heron children who, I think, have not been confirmed to exist in canon...yet.)

Naesala and Leanne's kids would be fun, too. And Ena's.

55 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

(Nailah and Rafiel's half-wolf, half-heron children who, I think, have not been confirmed to exist in canon...yet.)

Stefan puts a damper on this idea:

Stefan: I don’t know. The laguz tribes cannot interbreed, I know that much.

By tribes he means the Beast Tribe, the Bird Tribe, and the Dragon Tribe. Somewhere in RD, the narrator says "Heron clan", which could mean the royal family of the Herons, or a subset of a Tribe- Heron being a clan of the Bird Tribe. So NailahxRafiel is a childless marriage, barring surrogates or adoption.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Stefan puts a damper on this idea:

Stefan: I don’t know. The laguz tribes cannot interbreed, I know that much.

By tribes he means the Beast Tribe, the Bird Tribe, and the Dragon Tribe. Somewhere in RD, the narrator says "Heron clan", which could mean the royal family of the Herons, or a subset of a Tribe- Heron being a clan of the Bird Tribe. So NailahxRafiel is a childless marriage, barring surrogates or adoption.

Occam's Razor. Untransformed laguz have a class called "Beast/Bird/Dragon Tribe" in Path of Radiance that Herons have too. Totally didn't forget about this while watching a friend play a randomiser.