4/2/19 Best Buy Direct-Potential Leaks for Nintendo Switch

Dai

So, apparently, after Joker’s possible Smash render leaked on Best Buy’s website, they seem to have possibly leaked three games for the Nintendo switch through their online system.

Persona 5 and Metroid Prime Trilogy make sense, due to rumors for both, and the latter would be a smart move to tide over fans after the delay of Metroid Prime 4, as well as catching fans up to speed.

A Link to the Past is the odd one out. It could be a tie-in to promote A Link’s Awakening, simply due to both games supposedly featuring the same Link. However, I doubt they’d remake it from the ground up, and it seems unlikely to be for the online membership. It could be an enhanced port? Hopefully with the GBA-exclusive content.

Of course, all of this could prove to be a hoax, but what do y’all think?

Edit: Saw someone call the leaks this, hence the title. I thought it was funny.
Second Edit: What in the hell was with all the mistakes? Never make a topic on your phone, folks.

Edited by Dai

"We're starting with some games we announced two months ago, through our friends at Best Buy USA...perhaps best known for their cheap prices and ability to keep a secret"

We've heard for like a year now about Metroid Prime Trilogy for Switch, some industry insiders claiming it to be the worst kept secret at Nintendo likely held back to hype the eventual Prime 4 whose development was abruptly restarted. I don't know what to make of Link to the Past. I always kind of wanted a remake in the same engine as Link Between worlds, but instead they spent their resources making Triforce Heroes, and the Link's Awakening remaster is probably not derived from that same framework. At this point though, I'm hoping for straight ports of Zelda games. The Wii U/3DS era accomplished an incredible feat: making every Zelda game ever made (sans the CDI trilogy) available on those two systems. And I'd love for that to be repeated for Switch if possible. A big Zelda Collection would be fantastic.

Assuming it's a genuine leak...

I really want Persona 5 on the Switch, and it'd be a day one buy if it happens.

Metroid Prime Trilogy...I might actually pick it up to see what all the fuss is about. I've seen some gameplay, and it looks good.

LoZ: A Link to the Past...if it's done in the same artstyle as Link's Awakening, I might buy it because it's adorable.

So yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised if P5 and MPT come to the Switch, but Alttp is a bit of an anomaly.

2 hours ago, Lau said:

Metroid Prime Trilogy...I might actually pick it up to see what all the fuss is about. I've seen some gameplay, and it looks good.

Word of advice: The controls for the first two games are a little wonky if you’re adjusted to most other first-person shooters.  They may take some getting used to, but beyond that they’re pretty great games.  Or at least the first two are; I never played the third game.

3 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Word of advice: The controls for the first two games are a little wonky if you’re adjusted to most other first-person shooters.  They may take some getting used to, but beyond that they’re pretty great games.  Or at least the first two are; I never played the third game.

I have, but I have not beaten it. I have heard it is better than the second one, some even say better than the first. Most people say the first is best, though.

ALttP for Switch? No thanks if it's in that same god awful Playmobil toy-looking style as the LA remake.

And anyway, even though I love ALttP, I'd prefer to see Skyward Sword HD before anything else atm in terms of Zelda remakes. It's the only one of the older 3D Zeldas not to get an HD/remake treatment since TP and TWW both got Wii U versions and OoT and MM got the 3DS treatment. SS is also my favorite Zelda.

Edited by Anacybele

So Persona 5 could be coming to the Switch, eh? Man, Atlus really does want SMT dead. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens.

I'd buy a Metroid Prime Trilogy port in heartbeat. Love the Prime games, would be stoked if we actually got a port.

A Link To The Past Remake though? Isn't that what A Link Between Worlds sort of was? This seems pointless.