FE Heroes is trying to inject its politics in me

"Imagine that your body is ravaged by incurable disease or wracked with pain that never ceases...you'd consider death a kindness then" -Eir

Wh-oh, okay. Assisted Suicide is kind of a touchy subject to bring up before breakfast. But I get it, you've got all these Heroes from different worlds, the politics are gonna come out. Ohh, yes! I just summoned Alfonse's dad! Let's see what he has to say.

"The only thing that can stop a mad man with an axe is a good guy with an axe. That's why we should have axes in the classroom" - Gustav

Yeesh, okay. I get this from every middle aged man that finds out I'm interested in the profession of teaching. Every. Single. Time. Let's see if his wife is more of a conversationalist.

"You aren't sending Heroes Home or turning them into Combat Manuals, are you? Life begins at summoning and that would be the greatest genocide of our time" - Henriette

And...yep she's showing me pictures of bloody saizos on her phone. This is what I needed to see today.

"Rabbits, eggs, and all the rest signify fecundity...I'm interested in hearing your interpretation of this symbolism, darling, I'm listening." - Spring Loki

Man I hope she's talking about sex because I sense this is going to right turn immediately into a conversation about protecting the sanctity of marriage. Where have you guys been seeing politics in Heroes? I hope I'm not the only one going crazy.

I mean, I guess you hadn't heard about the quote from Fjorm about Muspell being a nation of..... Well, I won't say just what offensive words they were, but you get the point.

32 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

"Rabbits, eggs, and all the rest signify fecundity...I'm interested in hearing your interpretation of this symbolism, darling, I'm listening." - Spring Loki

I thought this wasn't real.

It is. I hate Spring Loki more every second.

Edited by Dayni

10 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I wonder how much drama will be created when Jill "bleed the half breed" Fizzart comes to Heroes?

She should come equipped with a Beastkiller Lance.  Those subhumans have had it too good for too long.

I am disappointed that Takumi became politically correct and stopped saying Nohrian scum.

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

That is my second favorite quote.

This is my favorite:

"Well, there IS one thing bunnies are famous for. Besides eating carrots..."

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

"The only thing that can stop a mad man with an axe is a good guy with an axe. That's why we should have axes in the classroom" - Gustav

Should have used a Blade tome.

9 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I wonder how much drama will be created when Jill "bleed the half breed" Fizzart comes to Heroes?

True, it is her PoR self which garners popularity. And her start as a racist who positively develops to be against it is why she is so loved. They might choose a starting point other than her at the start of PoR, maybe a few chapters in? Like Chapter 17, where in a Base Conversation she is lost with doubt and uncertainty as to what to believe and do.

I hope they don't ruin her character. But if they do, well I think Talrega makes a good rye whiskey.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Indeed there is one thing they're more famous for- being abundant food for hawks *insert image of Tibarn OHKOing Veronica*. And making hawks think my little dogs are as delicious as bao.

25 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Take that, vegans!

Relevant:

"Herons only eat fruit and nuts, but that just means more meat for you. Please don't refrain on my account." -Reyson

Damned Reyson and his inclusivity. Was he always such a pushover milquetoast wimp toward humans in Radiant Dawn? I don't remember.

32 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Three Houses in a nutshell

Thanksgiving dinner in a nutshell.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

She should come equipped with a Beastkiller Lance.  Those subhumans have had it too good for too long.

It'll hit a little too close to home when IS answers a genuine problem (balancing beast units) with racism. 

But yeah I'm chomping at the bit for them to include Shinon in the game. Watch me rage if Rolf gets his spot in the next banner.

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

It'll hit a little too close to home when IS answers a genuine problem (balancing beast units) with racism. 

But yeah I'm chomping at the bit for them to include Shinon in the game. Watch me rage if Rolf gets his spot in the next banner.

We already got Racist Roy, though.

rCKbo12.png

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

We already got Racist Roy, though.

rCKbo12.png

Holy wow, that's a hot image. How did I not think of Legendary Roy when creating this thread? Better question: How did ALL OF YOU forget up until now?

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

If Rolf by some miracle did (and Rolf is a good character), it'd be because Shinon wanted it, he does have Provoke.

Also, you can have Rolf and Shinon on the same banner and it not be redundant.:

Shinon: Quit whining at me!
Rolf: Oww! You didn’t have to hit me with that bow!

Chucks a weapon at another, Dagger unit confirmed.

11 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Relevant:

"Herons only eat fruit and nuts, but that just means more meat for you. Please don't refrain on my account." -Reyson

Damned Reyson and his inclusivity. Was he always such a pushover milquetoast wimp toward humans in Radiant Dawn? I don't remember.

Is that an actual FEH quip? Or are you just contorting this?:

Tibarn:
“All the major issues look like they’ll be handled soon. The only thing we can’t agree on is hunting and eating meat.”

Reyson:
“The forest creatures are off-limits! Needless displays of violence as well. You know we will not budge on that.”

Tibarn:
“Tell me… Have you ever heard of a vegetarian hawk? Or a raptor that doesn’t scream victoriously at the skies after a kill?”

27 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yep.  Screaming like a child when killed.  Mmmm, rabbit stew. . .

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is that an actual FEH quip? Or are you just contorting this?:

Tibarn:
“All the major issues look like they’ll be handled soon. The only thing we can’t agree on is hunting and eating meat.”

Reyson:
“The forest creatures are off-limits! Needless displays of violence as well. You know we will not budge on that.”

Tibarn:
“Tell me… Have you ever heard of a vegetarian hawk? Or a raptor that doesn’t scream victoriously at the skies after a kill?”

It's a real Home Screen tap dialogue. And yeah something about his defanged personality in Heroes has always bugged me.

Edited by Glennstavos

16 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I thought it was being excluded from being able to enjoy certain cereals.

24 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm surprised that rabbit is one of the things you can eat without messing your body up.

Also, I take it that there's no wall-building messages in Heroes, right?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

51 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am disappointed that Takumi became politically correct and stopped saying Nohrian scum.

Doesn’t he only say that in memes? Pretty sure that if I remember right of the royals, only Hinoka actually says it

53 minutes ago, XRay said:

“Well, there IS one thing bunnies are famous for. Besides eating carrots..."

Hopping, obviously

18 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Also, I take it that there's no wall-building messages in Heroes, right?

Pfft, child's play

"The castle has terrible defenses. With all these travelers from other worlds, what would happen if...you know, if ONE was an assassin? A treacherous one, I mean" - Ursula Home Screen quote

You're right, Ursula. These other worlds, they're not sending their best. They're sending ests, gordins, and some, I assume are Ninos.

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

You're right, Ursula. These other worlds, they're not sending their best. They're sending ests, gordins, and some, I assume are Ninos.

But they're trying their best!