April 4th, FEH Channel Announced! (8:30 PT ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did I get that last part right? Gen 1 5*s are not getting demoted, but removed from the Summoning Pool altogether and to a different one?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Wait, did they just yeet a portion of the cast out of summoning pools?

Yup instead of demoting them, they just got rid of them, wonderful for those like me that don't have most of them.

Big oof! Like, I knew that people wanted a revamp for the summoning pool but if I heard correctly we only got demotions for the old 5-4 star units to the 3-4 star pool and a bunch of removals. RIP the chances of me ever getting OG!Lyn

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait, did they just yeet a portion of the cast out of summoning pools?

Yeah, wtf? So we can no longer get certain characters ever unless they appear on a banner? That's fucking scummy.

I like this Aether Resort idea.

But fuck Allegiance battles, don't we already have enough "arena" modes? :/

Also, no Dragalia colab, that sucks.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, the summoning pool changes were some progress at least, I'm glad about that.

I don't see the point in not demoting the year 1 5-star units, though. A lot of them are really outclassed and not worth being in the 5-star pool anymore, and most of them have shitty fodder. But people who've missed them (or only have a shitty copy of them) will still want a copy. Why not just demote the launch units and move the launch 3, 4-stars out, since that is still a big issue.

Wait wait wait, what the heck was the last bit? Are all those Gen 1 heroes they mentioned being REMOVED from the summoning pool entirely? How the heck are we supposed to get them?! That fudging sucks! I don't have several of them, and I wanna merge Brave Lyn and OG Lyn. What the heck are they thinking?

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Whoops, I thought this was happening on the hour and only just got back to my PC after lunch. Oh well, will just have to read up a summary on the subreddit or something.

The Gen 1 units are removed from New Hero and Seasonal banners. 

You can still pull them on VG banners, Skill banners, etc etc even if they aren't a focus. Basically they're making it easier to get a good unit on the banners with new heros. IF there are no new heroes on the banner its a full summoning pool. 

...I think IS completely missed the intention of what fans wanted...I am looking forward to that Resort thing  though. And the easier time to get Legault for AtkTactic...but ripping out all the Gen 1 units from the pool is on the extreme side of things.

Does demoting 4-5 star units to 3-4 star actually increase the odds of summoning them? Because I still need to add Silas to my collection.

As for the 5 star removals, I think this is a better change than anything I would have dared to expect. You pull on new banners to get new units, but then these gen 1 pity breakers ruin your day with bad stats and worthless skills. 

1 minute ago, TheNiddo said:

The Gen 1 units are removed from New Hero and Seasonal banners. 

You can still pull them on VG banners, Skill banners, etc etc even if they aren't a focus. Basically they're making it easier to get a good unit on the banners with new heros. IF there are no new heroes on the banner its a full summoning pool. 

Not the most elegant or pragmatic solution but I’ll take it over nothing I suppose 

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

...I think IS completely missed the intention of what fans wanted...I am looking forward to that Resort thing  though. And the easier time to get Legault for AtkTactic...but ripping out all the Gen 1 units from the pool is on the extreme side of things.

I don't think what fans wanted was on their minds at all. 

4 minutes ago, Nym said:

Yup instead of demoting them, they just got rid of them, wonderful for those like me that don't have most of them.

4 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Seems they did. We might see more deets when the update happens.

4 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

That’s what it sounded to me but that can’t possibly be right? All of them were 5* exclusives too

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, wtf? So we can no longer get certain characters ever unless they appear on a banner? That's fucking scummy.

Wow, it's almost as if they don't want people playing the game. Like, i get that the year 1 5* are super outdated but c'mon. They aren't even limited time characters and now they're gone. Actual scummy bullshit. I don't even play the game and i'm mad about that.

Edit: Looks like we all misunderstood but wow, IS could've worded that better.

Edited by Armagon

The removal from the pool basically means hold onto your orbs and wait for a banner that has them. At the very least, it means overall, less 5*’s would disturb your chance of getting your desired unit. Barely ANYONE would try to directly pull for a 5* unit that is not featured on the banner, so it makes sense.