April 4th, FEH Channel Announced! (8:30 PT ~)

Coolmanio

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, the summoning pool changes were some progress at least, I'm glad about that.

I don't see the point in not demoting the year 1 5-star units, though. A lot of them are really outclassed and not worth being in the 5-star pool anymore, and most of them have shitty fodder. But people who've missed them (or only have a shitty copy of them) will still want a copy. Why not just demote the launch units and move the launch 3, 4-stars out, since that is still a big issue.

Which makes it worse that IS thought this was a good solution to our summoning problems...

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TheNiddo said:

The Gen 1 units are removed from New Hero and Seasonal banners. 

You can still pull them on VG banners, Skill banners, etc etc even if they aren't a focus. Basically they're making it easier to get a good unit on the banners with new heros. IF there are no new heroes on the banner its a full summoning pool. 

Its still a horse shit move unless they introduce a weekly banner that rotates them with a pull rate of 5% or so

I wanted to be excited about these updates but holy heck this might actually make me stop playing. Good freaking luck pulling any of those heroes in VG, skill, etc. banners. This is scummy BS. I'm madder about this than any of the Camillas or anything else. This is horsecrap.

Wait, that's their answer to demoting units? That we got so few demotes is bad enough (and a clear reminder that we only get one demote per banner these days, if that), but they also flat out removed units from the pool? That should be a good thing, but they just ripped EVERY Year 1 unit out, not just the bad ones. If anything, that just makes it even worse...

Aether Resorts sound fun at least, though no way am I spending Orbs on it (and with everything else we just got I'm sure IS has found a way to make it grindy and unfun). Pair Ups being exclusive to Roy's new Blessing sounds all kinds of broken (and what happens to his Duel effect?), so I'm hoping that was a mis-translation and ALL Legendary/ Mythic Heroes get the benefit - it's still OP, but at least it isn't as blatant a powercreep/ "buy the new stuff or else" as how it came across in the video.

Oh, also there was no Dragalia Lost here. Huh.

People complain about FEH Channels all the time, but I really do think this was the worst we've ever had. I know the units aren't completely gone, but they should have just demoted them and be done with it. At least I know Luke can pitybreak me if I ever pull for Idunn on a future banner!

Edited by DefyingFates

Aether Resort? I guess this is like the village system that was proposed back in the day. I guess its basically FEH's version of Fate's My Castle. I wonder if there will be anything worthwhile to come of this...

Wow, Rarity Changes. Only for 4/5 Star Heroes, but its something I suppose.

Wait, what? Summon Pool changes? Instead of changing rarities, they just boot out the older heroes from the pool for later use? Guess they did this instead of demotions, eh?

... Not impressed. Aether Resort looks cool and the Demotions are nice. However, the Summoning Pool change makes me think that FEH is becoming more like a card game with the way they distribute stuff (Divided by Books instead of Card Packs). I suppose it has its merits, but meh...

Also not too keen on Pair-Up being restricted to Legendary Heroes. I guess they gotta have a draw somehow. (Then there is Pair-Up Arena. At least it's a separate mode, but I never cared much for PvP.)

Overall, nothing to draw me back in. If anything, it solidified my desire to stay away from the game...

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't see the point in not demoting the year 1 5-star units, though. A lot of them are really outclassed and not worth being in the 5-star pool anymore, and most of them have shitty fodder.

You just answered your question.

I would personally prefer to get a 3-4 star with shitty fodder (that will probably won't cost me a lot of orbs to snipe), then a five star with shitty fodders that I have to fish or get pity broken by it.

16 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Oh for sure. I myself was skeptical about putting her there but she does have a rather child like body and face and upon closer inspection doesn’t seem all that different from say Maribelle. I think it’s her way of dressing and the her more mature way of acting compared to most lolis. So basically what Nowi should’ve been because they both have the thousand year old loli thing going on.

Also probably helps that Cleo actually has some character beyond "BUT I'M ACTUALLY 1000!"

Well, that was astoundingly disappointing. First, another competitive mode because apparently that's all this game gives a shit about, then an astoundingly mediocre-looking My Castle, and finally, just yank the book 1 5*s, that's totally cool. Not like some of us might've liked to chance across them on banners not specifically dedicated to them. It's like a game of telephone with the most incompetent operator ever.

At least I might actually get a Sothe someday and have a better chance at +10ing Ares.

And here I was thinking it would be great if outdated gen 1 5* units were demoted so I could get better natures or merges but IS said: "I got you fam" and .... made them harder to summon. Wow.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

Its still a horse shit move unless they introduce a weekly banner that rotates them with a pull rate of 5% or so

I think that would be a bit better but not as good as say...I don't know demoting them outright.

5 minutes ago, Jave said:

So did I get that last part right? Gen 1 5*s are not getting demoted, but removed from the Summoning Pool altogether and to a different one?

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

So instead of demoting Gen 1 Units. 
they removed them?

Leo wasn't demoted, he was fired.

I see they found something lots of people were asking for and found a way to screw it up.

I pretty much only pull on the New banners, so now I'm never going to get a chance to +10 Leo, unless they add a permanent banner they has him as a focus or something.

9 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

Can someone please give a summary of the video? I am unable to watch the video. Appreciate it.

Part 1: Pair Up

Some Heroes have an ability to pair up with other Heroes. I think it is mostly Legendary Heroes who have that ability, but I thought I also saw TBK!Chrom who can do it too, so I am not sure who has the ability and who does not.

Part 2: Allegiance Battles

It is basically another Arena mode.

Part 3: New My Castle / Demotions

Your Aether Keep now functions as your second Castle, similar to My Castle from Fates.

Units in the 4*-5* pool are demoted to the 3*-4* pool. 5* exclusive units released in Book I will no longer appear in New Heroes and Special Heroes Foci, but will still appear in all other Foci.

Edited by XRay

Ok what the crap?!

More arena modes because we apparently didn’t have enough of that.

Demotes were few. And no 5* exclusive demotes. And worst of all, instead of demoting 1st gen 5* exclusives they remove them entirely?!

F that.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wow, it's almost as if they don't want people playing the game

This.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Wow, it's almost as if they don't want people playing the game. Like, i get that the year 1 5* are super outdated but c'mon. They aren't even limited time characters and now they're gone. Actual scummy bullshit. I don't even play the game and i'm mad about that.

The are only removed from new hero and seasonal banners, if the banner is not either of those they will still be there,  So, you can still get pity broken by them on any banner without "new" heroes on them.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Leo wasn't demoted, he was fired.

I see they found something lots of people were asking for and found a way to screw it up.

I pretty much only pull on the New banners, so now I'm never going to get a chance to +10 Leo, unless they add a permanent banner they has him as a focus or something.

Wow. 
I got pity broken (hunting for Lazura) by Azura. 
and I went for Alm and Celica and that ate a tonne of my orbs, but geeze, thank god I did. but now i am SUPER kicking myself i didn't fix Alm's -atk bane. this is the stupidest thing i've ever heard. - i knew they had to rebalance them, but i mean. I want Hinoka and Tana, so what -sucks to be you?

Woohoo no collaboration announced!

Summoning pool update.  Now attack tactic is easy to get and +10ing Ares is going to be much easier.  The removal of all units before book 2 from summoning pool is great, most of the terrible pity breakers come from that.  They said there will be other summoning events to get them so people who want them can still get them.  

Allegience battle...I missed the beginning, but I assume this is where Roy blessing and future legendary heroes will come into play.  More feathers and dragon flowers sounds good.  Resort looks....okay, I was never big into 'my castle' on Fates, but might be fun to fool around a bit.  

Aether raids update now we can save separate teams for separate seasons that is really nice.  

All in all darling Feh presented a pleasing show.  

7 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

The Gen 1 units are removed from New Hero and Seasonal banners. 

You can still pull them on VG banners, Skill banners, etc etc even if they aren't a focus. Basically they're making it easier to get a good unit on the banners with new heros. IF there are no new heroes on the banner its a full summoning pool. 

I'm a little confused...? At least they're not gone, but I'm sorta confused as to the point. The new hero percentage doesn't change, and plenty of the units removed from normal pools are very viable.

They're not gone everywhere, I get it, but this sounds like something to send feedback about to reverse.

Edited by NoirCore

Luckily pair up isnt a thing in Arena and AR and AA and are limited to legendaries. When they announced it i just thought „oh gid fuck.., Surtr and Reinhardt combined..,“

I am glad i didnt expect much because this was more meh then yaie

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

The are only removed from new hero and seasonal banners, if the banner is not either of those they will still be there,  So, you can still get pity broken by them on any banner without "new" heroes on them.

So they're removing them from banners that matter. Alright, gotcha. 

There were way better ways than doing this but alright IS.

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

I think people aren’t getting this point...

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

You just answered your question.

I would personally prefer to get a 3-4 star with shitty fodder (that will probably won't cost me a lot of orbs to snipe), then a five star with shitty fodders that I have to fish or get pity broken by it.

That's not the intent of what I said at all, unless I just can't English right now.

The old 5-star units are not worth being 5-star anymore due to most of them being outclassed and most of them having shit fodder. But the other main issue with summoning is that the 3-4 star pool is super fucking boring, due to the launch 3-4 star units never having been changed. I'd rather that the old 3-4 star units get moved into a separate pool of their own while the older 5-stars get demoted to 3-4 stars or something. I don't want to be pity broken by normal Lyn, but I would like to at least have another copy of her since my only original Lyn is terrible. And so on.

Removing the old 5-stars fixes the amount of Heroes in the pool, yes, but it doesn't really fix the issue that they really shouldn't be 5-stars anymore at all while people still want to get them.

To review that last part: The removal of the gen 1 five-stars applies specifically to New Heroes and Special Heroes. It looks like a measure to whittle down the pity-breaks.

If we look at the banners that are available right now... 

New Heroes: Beyond Darkness
    Special Heroes: Spring Festival
    Special Heroes: Hares at the Fair
    Special Heroes: Regal Rabbits
    Focus: Destructive Forces
    Focus: Heroes with Blood Skills

The way it was worded suggests the gen 1 five-stars are available on those 2 Focus banners but omitted from the bolded options. 

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

4 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

It’s still a terrible move though.

———————————

Also, least of my concerns right now but no DL collab was announced which is disappointing