April 4th, FEH Channel Announced! (8:30 PT ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent channel to me. Aether Resort looks like a nice casual thing. Might not spend too much time on it, but it's nice.

And I don't see any problem with the Gen 1 5*. They're still there, just less likely to pity break you when going for New Heroes. They'll still likely have plenty of skill banners and what not to give chances to get those units.

I'm okay with that. 

2 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

The are only removed from new hero and seasonal banners, if the banner is not either of those they will still be there,  So, you can still get pity broken by them on any banner without "new" heroes on them.

I pretty much only pull on the new banners, so it's effectively removing them from the pool for a lot of people.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

It was all going good until the mass removal announcement. That was a scumbag move. 

Why couldn't they just demote them to 3-4*?

8 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

The are only removed from new hero and seasonal banners, if the banner is not either of those they will still be there,  So, you can still get pity broken by them on any banner without "new" heroes on them.

AKA the banners players almost never prioritize.

The whole issue wasn't that you might get a different 5*. It was that they were outdated for warranting being 5*s and reset your pity rate for as much as that mattered. And as mentioned, the 3-4* pool is basically stagnant.

Just add this to the list of things that IS took the most miserly way to address.

They really need to just abolish the 3* rarity at this point. Not entirely since legacy, but just make the standard pool 94% 4*, 3% 5*, and 3* focus.

Edited by bottlegnomes

1 minute ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

To review that last part: The removal of the gen 1 five-stars applies specifically to New Heroes and Special Heroes. It looks like a measure to whittle down the pity-breaks.

If we look at the banners that are available right now... 

New Heroes: Beyond Darkness
    Special Heroes: Spring Festival
    Special Heroes: Hares at the Fair
    Special Heroes: Regal Rabbits

Focus: Destructive Forces
    Focus: Heroes with Blood Skills

The way it was worded suggests the gen 1 five-stars are available on those 2 Focus banners but omitted from the bolded options. 

Seasonal reruns are excluded in that. Basically, only New new Heroes banners will be affected. Which is kinda sucky, but ag the same time not. I'm looking at you, Luke...

4 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

To review that last part: The removal of the gen 1 five-stars applies specifically to New Heroes and Special Heroes. It looks like a measure to whittle down the pity-breaks.

The way it was worded suggests the gen 1 five-stars are available on those 2 Focus banners but omitted from the bolded options. 

One small thing- it looks like they'll still appear in special hero revivals, so they'd still appear in Spring Festival and Hares at the Fare.  Or...  whichever one is not the newest one, I forget.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Edited by Venmi

Lets see pair up is busted and being locked to certain new legendaries is just scummy, but they also can't be used in any gamemode that is remotely difficult so they really change fuck all. 
The Alligence battles is just another arena, great just what everyone wanted. 
Resort looks like a barebones waste of time.

And then we have the summoning changes, Its just a super backwards way to clean out the 5* pool, it works I guess but its also just a middle finger to people who wanted year 1 units to demote, and overall just reeks of greedy bullshit. 

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Decent channel to me. Aether Resort looks like a nice casual thing. Might not spend too much time on it, but it's nice.

And I don't see any problem with the Gen 1 5*. They're still there, just less likely to pity break you when going for New Heroes. They'll still likely have plenty of skill banners and what not to give chances to get those units.

I'm okay with that. 

Because most people only summon on new Banners. The solution is garbage of the highest class!

4 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

It was also noted that seasonal reruns don't count and will contain the gen 1 5*'s. So only Regal Rabbits and Beyond Darkness should be bolded.

Overall not the solution I was hoping for buti t's better than nothing.

Hm... Now that I thought about the no Gen 1 5* units in the New Heroes and Special Heroes banners... that's a good idea. They wil continue to appear in skills, VG, TT and revival banners, so we will not get pity broke by really bad unit when we try to get the new heroes.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The old 5-star units are not worth being 5-star anymore due to most of them being outclassed and most of them having shit fodder.

I agree.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The old 5-star units are not worth being 5-star anymore due to most of them being outclassed and most of them having shit fodder. But the other main issue with summoning is that the 3-4 star pool is super fucking boring, due to the launch 3-4 star units never having been changed. I'd rather that the old 3-4 star units get moved into a separate pool of their own while the older 5-stars get demoted to 3-4 stars or something. I don't want to be pity broken by normal Lyn, but I would like to at least have another copy of her since my only original Lyn is terrible. And so on.

Two pools wouldn't be difficult to implement but that would require a lot of efforts. Not to imagine they would have to specifiy which pool is it per banner.

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:
  • mild demotions
  • Another currency
  • Arena 3.0 this time with friends

They removed a bunch of bad pity, a bunch of good pity, and left a bunch of good pity and bad pity. Removing the likes of Ayra and Brave Ike?

Ooh, glad I +10'd Brave Ike when I did.  Though I didn't really do it with pity breakers.  But good point...

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm okay with that. 

Depending on units to appear in a focus is not a dependable way to try to get a unit.  For example, if you wanted Luke, I don't think he's appeared in a focus since his launch banner.

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Lets see pair up is busted and being locked to certain new legendaries is just scummy, but they also can't be used in any gamemode that is remotely difficult so they really change fuck all. 
The Alligence battles is just another arena, great just what everyone wanted. 
Resort looks like a barebones waste of time.

And then we have the summoning changes, Its just a super backwards way to clean out the 5* pool, it works I guess but its also just a middle finger to people who wanted year 1 units to demote, and overall just reeks of greedy bullshit. 

Guess no Katarina +10 any time soon.

I don't mind too much that they removed the Gen 1 5*s from the new banners since at least it heavily removes the odds of bad pity breakers. I'll take that as a good thing.

What I'm not a fan of is how bloated the 3/4* pool still is. They could have at least removed the Launch Day 3/4*s along with the Gen 1 5*s. That would have made the banners with no new Heroes at least more attractive due to them being the only way to get fodder like Fury or Desperation.

As for the DL collab, heh, no skin off my nose. I'm sure it's still coming in the future.

1 minute ago, Vicious Sal said:

Well there go Close and Distant Counter out of most summoning pools.

Well, Nailah is still there, but you're right about Close Counter.  Ouch.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I pretty much only pull on the new banners, so it's effectively removing them from the pool for a lot of people.

Why couldn't they just demote them to 3-4*?

Honestly its a loss loss move unless they do the EXACT solution

The problem of making even more units 3-4* is the pool is even more bloated and 3-4* still forms the backbone of basic skills that EVERYONE used. Ive been running out of Repos since MONTHS ago.

One way they could TRULY fix this is by doing the current 5 star deletion, and make a separate pool for oldies, as it is now they can make gazilion banner every month featuring old units as a possible solution we KNOW they will never do

I just read the in-game notification to get a better idea about the summoning changes.

It makes sense that removing all those units will make the pool less bloated for those that want to get the newest heroes, but at the same time I'm not too happy about how IS removed practically everything. I'd never not appreciate a B!Ike or Hector spook for banners where I just do the free summon and dip. 

And the worst thing is that many of those old units don't have anything worthy skill wise so unless IS creates a perma-rotating banner (like every day some random 3~4 units from the old pool become the focus while the others are still there to pity break) it's going to be practically impossible to get them.

1 minute ago, Venmi said:

Well, Nailah is still there, but you're right about Close Counter.  Ouch.

True, but the percentage between Green Dc and Blue Dc is rather hefty. Green is so much more value per orb. =/

Cool, we got some demotes and now the Gen 1 units can't pitybreak people who are trying for new units, so they cleaned up the pool a bit~ Hope this means those units will get more focus Banners. They will still be in the pools for those Banners, Skill Banners, and in Seasonal reruns which is fine for me~ I only really pull for Seasonals anyway~

Pair Up is fine since it only for certain maps, nothing game breaking~

The My Castle thingy looks pretty fine to waste some time~

And we get Golden Week goodies~Overall, pretty okay Feh Channel~

1 minute ago, Vicious Sal said:

Well there go Close and Distant Counter out of most summoning pools.

Considering Close Counter is just a tad rarer than Distant Counter and Takumj was the only non-seasonal source? Yeah, super scummy. I vote to bombard IS with feedback that they do demotions instead of this crap.